Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Phases 1-2-3 ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Phases 1-2-3

Chapter 3

(Cagalli's POV)

Closing the door, I started to think. Where do I go from here? I had no idea where Kisaka could have gone with my ring. I wasn't even positive if he had my ring. Today was not my day.

Laying my head on the steering wheel, I started to think what Kira had said back there.

"Is everything all right Cagalli? I've been worried about you these past weeks."

"I'm fine Kira, thank you for your concern. It's just…." I started.

"Its just what, Cagalli?"

"I don't know,"

I still don't know what's wrong with me. I've been so stressed out lately. With work and this baby. Leaning against the seat I gently tap my stomach. I was kind of surprised no one noticed I gained a couple pounds already. Smiling to myself I realized if someone had noticed, they probably would have kept their mouth shut. Thinking I would yell at them for calling me fat. Grand mother I would become. It was then when I started to laugh.

It finally make sense. I've been running lately. Running away from the truth. It's not that I was afraid of what Athrun, Kira or everyone else would say about the baby. It's just I was afraid to become a mother. I never took any classes on parenting before. Would I actually be a good mother? I never had a mother figure to look at. My mother died when I was younger. My father was there at times.

Would I be like my father? A parent who barely had time for his or her children because of their job. So he had hire a nanny to watch over me. I could remember the times when I needed to speak to my father about personal issues of my life, but he was never there when I needed him. Sometime I would cry myself to sleep, just because I felt so lonely. I know I could have told my nanny or one of the servants, but it wouldn't be the same as me talking to my father about my problems.

Then again, I suppose that's the reason why I'm so uptight and so self-conscious. Would I always be their for my son or daughter? Would they come to be with their problems?

Looking up at the windshield, I smiled a little. My father wouldn't win the father of the year award, but I still loved him. Like he loved me. When he did take time off from work, he would take me any where I desire, just so we could talk. I remember one year, when I was about 10 years old, we had gone to Egypt. He had bought me these army tags. There were two of them. The first one had my name inscribe. The second one had my father's name inscribe. He told that as long as I wear them, he would always be with me. He also told me when he went away on business trips, all I had to do was hold onto the tags and talk to them as if he were there himself, if I ever came along any problems. And yet somehow, it worked. I had always felt relieved after talking to the tags. I could picture my father sitting in the nearest chair, listening to my problem.

Tears started to fall. Grabbing onto the tags that were hidden beneath my suit I got out of the car. "Why did you leave me?" I whispered to myself.

Would he had agreed on the decisions I had agreed to and disagreed. Would he been happy on the way I was ruling Orb.

Yes, he would have. Looking up into the sky, I pictured my father looking down at me. Smiling, feeling proud of my accomplishments. I was always the type that would prefer to fight than talk. Yet my father always taught me to do the opposite. There were times when I would disobey him. But he would respect my decisions on the times when I would prefer to fight.

Shaking my head, I could feel the tears continuing to fall. Standing straight up, I looked up and yelled out loud to no one in particular, but to my father, "WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME? DIDN'T YOU KNOW I WASN'T READY FOR THIS KIND OF RESPONSIBILITY JUST YET!"

"Your father would have disagreed with you there," a voice replied.

Turning around to my right, I saw Kisaka standing there. "What do you mean by that?"

Walking towards me Kisaka replied, "Your father was proud of the woman you were becoming. He knew that you would be able to handle things on your own once the war was over."

"I know he believed me. But it's so hard," I yelled back, "It's been so frustrating! There are times when I just feel like running away and hide."

"If that's true, why haven't you done it?" Kisaka asked.

"Because if I just left Orb alone with those old men, this country will just fall apart. And I won't let my father's dream of a peaceful country and world go to waste. He fought to hard to get as far as he did!" It was then when I realized something. The reason why I didn't run and hide was because I didn't want to. I wanted to be just like my father and not give up because something didn't go my way.

"Your father was a great man Cagalli," Kisaka started. I looked carefully at him as he continued. "Many people respected him and his ideas. I remember when your father first brought you home he made a promise. He promised to protect you. He didn't want you to grow up in a world of hostility and violence. So he worked his hardest to make sure you didn't. Then he realized he failed you in the end."

"Kisaka," I said walking towards him. He took a hold of me and gave me a tight hug.

"I suppose that was one regret your father had,"

Stepping back, I shook my head. "He didn't fail me Kisaka. And I wished he was still a lived, so I could tell him that."

Looking at me surprisingly I continued, "My father taught me everything I know. I know I can get angry quickly and become shy on intimate moments. However, the bottom line is, my father did his best he could and I did learn to never give up in what you believe in. That's why in the end, my father destroyed Orb. At first, I was angry with him because of what he done. But now, I understand why he did it. He didn't run away from his problems. And I respect him for that. I'm proud to say that I was his daughter. That's the main reason why I kept his job. I want people to know what my father had done to protect this nation."

"Those are wise words Cagalli," Kisaka replied, smiling down at me.

"Thanks, it took me awhile to figure them out."

Grabbing something from his pocket, Kisaka stuck out his hand and opened it. "I think this belongs to you."

"Thank you Kisaka," I said, taking hold of my ring, I slipped it back on. "Now I feel complete." Then I remembered something Kira had asked me back in the conference room.

However, this is something you been thinking of lately. Athrun been worried that you been having second doubts."

"Second doubts of what?" I asked.

"Second doubts of your marriage with him."

"Kisaka, may I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"This morning, after the conference, you informed me Athrun was waiting for me in the lobby. You remember that don't you?" I asked. He shook his yes, which I took as a yes. "When I went down there, Athrun was no where in sight."

Looking surprised Kisaka replied, "That's a tad bit strange. He spotted me in the lobby and had requested you to come down. Saying he had something important to tell you. He looked quiet serious, yet he also looked sad. Like it wasn't the best of news."

Looking down at the floor, I started to think of different possibilities that Athrun wanted to talk about. The talk I had with Kira continued in my head.

"And the first thing I did realize when I walked in here was…" Kira stopped and looked at me dead center in the eye.

"WHAT! What did you notice Kira, tell me!" I screamed.

"Your ring,"

"What about my ring?" I asked suspiciously.

"Your not wearing it Cagalli."

"He wants a divorce," I said quietly.

Kisaka looked at me surprised of my response. "Of course he doesn't Cagalli. He loves you and you know that."

"Are you sure about that?"

"What are you applying to Cagalli. Where in the world would you get a crazy idea like that?" Kisaka asked.

"I just know. Really, why would someone like Athrun, who is sweet and caring want someone like me? All I been lately is rude and ruthless."

"Cagalli, your not thinking straight. You know Athrun loves you for you."

"Yeah, but maybe he found a woman who doesn't treat him like crap and always yells at him. I need to get out of here."

"Cagalli, listen to me. Athrun loves you and you love him."

Walking away from Kisaka I just waved my hand. "Talk to you later."

Getting inside the car, I decided it was time to go home and face the music.

……………………& hellip;………............................................ ......................................

(Kisaka's POV)

Watching Cagalli's car pull away I shook my head. This wasn't good at all. Pulling my cell phone out, I dialed Athrun's number.

After a couple of seconds later Athrun answered, "Yes."

"What did Kira and Cagalli talk about?" I said cutting to the chase.

"I don't know, why?" he asked.

"What ever it was, Cagalli now thinks you want a divorce."

"Your kidding me?" Athrun replied worrying.

"I'm afraid I'm not."

After a brief minutes Athrun asked, "Where is she now?"

"By the looks of it, home."

"Alright then, I'll meet her there then."

"Athrun?"

"What is it Kisaka?"

"Do you actually think this is going to work?" I asked. To tell you the truth, I had my doubts when Athrun presented his idea to me.

"I'm positive. It just has to work. Just look at her, Kisaka. This past month, she's been burying herself in work. Not bothering to communicate with anyone."

"I know that Athrun. But I know for a fact that she is also hiding something from us."

"Yes, I realized that too. That's way I planned this to begin with. If I can get Cagalli to relax and be herself, then just maybe she'll open up and tell us what's wrong."

"I hope this works,"

"Yeah so do I. Considering I have to erase all thoughts of her thinking of me wanting a divorce."

"Yeah, about that. What exactly are you going to do?" I asked, waiting carefully for his answer.

"Let's just say Phase 3 is going to change a tad bit."

"I see, well lets just hope then it works."

A minute later, Athrun finally responded, "Yeah, that's is all we can do."

……………………&he llip;……….............................................. .........................

Author's Notes

Okay, change of mind. There's going to be four chapters to this story. Sorry about that. But I just got this idea of Cagalli and Kisaka talking about her father. So I wrote it. I hope you guys liked it. Mmmm a divorce…..that doesn't sound to appealing.

I want to say thank you for those who reviewed for the last chapter:

*Story Weaver1

*klyukaizer

*Water Lily2

*sakura

*Rednal29

*zoro

*Pan-d-elyenP-nut

*Ceylon

* hey

*NickeyWhite2

*betC

*Koori no tenshi

*Sesshomarusgirl123

Thank you so much for reviewing the last chapter, I appreciate it a lot.

Please review and tell me what you thought of this chapter and I'll try to get the last chapter up by Friday.

Till next time

StarryNight