Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Phases 1-2-3 ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's Note:…….I did it again. This isn't the last chapter. Argh, I should really stop doing this. I had promised myself this would be a one-shot. Then it became a 3-quick chapter story. Not I'm going on to chapter 5. But I will stop at five I hope. But I did get a good idea. I'll tell ya at the end. These is kind of like a song fic. I used to songs.

1) I'm a bitch - by Meredith Brooks

2) Don't say Goodbye - by Paulina Rubio

Now onward with the story.

Phases 1-2-3

Chapter 4

(Cagalli's POV)

It was probably a good half hour before I confront Athrun. A good half hour of thinking.

Deciding that it was probably not best for me to think of the situation, I turn on the radio. Skipping a couple stations, I stopped when I heard a song that caught my interest.

I hate the world today
You're so good to me
I know but I can't change

Turning the volume higher, I listen to the lyrics closely.

Tried to tell you
But you look at me like maybe
I'm an angel underneath
Innocent and sweet

I smiled, remembering the night I warned Athrun about my temper and rages. Smiling gently, he had closed the gap between us and hugged me. I remembered feeling the hairs on my neck sticking up as he answered. "You might act like a little devil, but deep down your heart is a pure of a angel."

Yesterday I cried
Must have been relieved to see
The softer side

You were always there for me, weren't you. Every time I cried and just wanted to give up. You would just hold me and kept on whispering calm thoughts. Encouraging me to go on.

I can understand how you'd be so confused
I don't envy you
I'm a little bit of everything
All rolled into one

It was then when it hit me that I knew this exact song. So I decided to join in the choir.

"I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your hell, I'm your dream

I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it any other way"

Laughing out loud, I could so picture this song being based on the relationship that I shared with Athrun. After all, I wasn't the easiest person to handle. But deep down, I knew that was what Athrun loves about me.

So take me as I am
This may mean
You'll have to be a stronger man

I suppose at the beginning, no one actually thought our relationship would last. We both were to different. I was the type who would rushed into things while Athrun would think of a strategy before doing something. I was the hot-temper one and Athrun was the wise one. I suppose opposites really do attract.

In the end, we both learned something. Athrun taught me to become more mature and wiser. I taught him to be a stronger person by making decisions on his own.

Rest assured that
When I start to make you nervous
And I'm going to extremes
Tomorrow I will change
And today won't mean a thing

I just hope this is all a misunderstanding. I really don't know what I would do without Athrun in my life. He was there every time I needed someone to lean on. And I was always there when he needed me.

"I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your hell, I'm your dream

I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it any other way"

Who does he think he is anyways. He just can't leave me, especially now! I swear, I'll gain revenge for this. "Do you hear me Athrun, I won't let you do this. You're not going to leave me and your future child!"

Just when you think, you got me figured out
The season's already changing

I'm not going to be weak. I will tell him about this baby. No more running away. No more yelling and pushing people away. I will be strong. I will save this marriage of mine if it's the last thing I do.

I think it's cool, you do what you do
And don't try to save me

All I need is a plan. A plan to capture him and lure him in.

"I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your hell, I'm your dream

I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it any other way"

His not going to get away. I won't let him slip away either. I love him too much. I never met anyone in this world who understands me like he does.

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease
I'm a goddess on my knees

I don't care if I beg for forgiveness. What Athrun and I have is to special to let go. I won't let him give up on us. And either will I! If it's the last thing I do.

When you hurt, when you suffer
I'm your angel undercover

Have I been to involved with my own problems that I didn't realize something was wrong? Did Athrun have a issue that he was trying to tell me, that I wouldn't listen to him? If that is so, then tonight will be the night that I'll find out.

I've been numb, I'm revived
Can't say I'm not alive

Tonight will end everything.

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

For better or for worse.

……………………& hellip;………............................................ ..............................

(Athrun's POV)

I'm home. Yet nothing is going right.

How could she think I want a divorce? After everything we been through since we met, she thinks I want to leave her now?

Okay so for the past month, we've been fighting. Not the best sign saying that we are a happy married couple. If I can just figure out her little secret. Then maybe I can save this marriage of ours.

Stepping out of the car, I walked quickly to the front door. Once I opened the door, there standing in front of me was Lacus.

"Athrun, Kira told me everything," walking towards me, she gave me a tight hug.

Taking a big breath, I replied, "I know it looks bad right now Lacus, but I just got to trust my gut."

"What do you mean by that Athrun?" Lacus asked looking at me carefully.

"Just trust me on this Lacus. Is everything all set?"

"Yes. I'm having everyone park in the back and use the back door."

"Good, I'm going to take a quick shower. Tell Melinda, that once Cagalli arrives, tell her I would like to speak with her at our bedroom. That should give you time to prepare down here."

"Got it and Athrun." Lacus paused.

"Yeah," I asked looking back.

"I wish you the best of luck." smiling I walked up the stairs and headed to the master bedroom that Cagalli and I share. I wish myself the best luck as well.

Turning on the radio, I walked towards the bathroom. A nice warm shower might relieved the tension that's been growing. Once stripped of my cloths, I stepped into the shower and turned on the hot water.

Where to start. Should I just tell her the truth? No, she'll kill me if she knew what I've been planning this past week.

Do I just go about our usual routine.

We she say something?

Feeling the warm water running down my back, I decided to relax. Forgetting about my problems, I tune into the song that the DJ was about to introduce.

"Ladies and gentlemen, feeling blue? Has your significant other deicided it's over."

……………………& hellip;………............................................ ....................................

(Cagalli's POV…./Listening to the same station as Athrun & same DJ/)

"Did they decide it's time to say Good-bye. Is it because you pushed them away?"

Turning the volume up once again, I listened. Is it me or is the radio reflecting on my life today?

……………………& hellip;………............................................ ............................................

(Athrun's POV)

"Or is it because you didn't do anything to save what you have between each other."

Catching my attention, I listened. I'm to late to save our marriage. Should I have done something at the beginning?

…………………&hell ip;…………........................................ ............................................

(Cagalli's POV)

"And you have no idea what to do about it. Well then friends, listen closely."

Smiling I just shook my head. You caught my attention, now lets see what you have to say about these problems of mine, shall we.

……………………&hellip ;……….................................................. .......................................

(Athrun's POV)

"Cause this is the song for you. Presenting, Paulina Rubio in Don't Say Good-bye."

Is that what Cagalli is going to do? Is she really willing to say Good-bye? Alright, Paulina, lets see what you have to say or sing about. Let me see if you can really save my marriage.

…………………&helli p;…………......................................... .............................................

(Cagalli's POV)

The circle of the moon
The rising of the sun
We'll be together soon

Pressing the gas, I felt the car move faster by the second. The sooner I get home, the sooner I can get this over with. And the sooner I realize the truth of what's really going on.

Our story's just begun

…………………&helli p;…………......................................... ................................................

(Athrun's POV)

Time will bring us near
I'll never be too far

I will never forget the day I met Cagalli Yula Attha. It was like we were destined to meet each other on that exact small island. Sure it wasn't romantic, but I don't think I would had fallen in love with her in another way. I knew that moment when she walked off to head back to her ship, nothing would ever be the same. It was like we both knew we would meet each other again.


Oh, baby, don't you fear
I'll always be where you are

…………………… …………........................................... ...........................................

(Cagalli's POV)

You can dry my tears

The second time I saw Athrun again, was yet again not the best situation either. It was then when I realized my mistake by letting him go and kill again. When he told me that he had killed Kira, I didn't have enough guts to kill him. Something inside myself stopped me before I could make him pay.


But you can't stop the pain inside
I'm trying to hide

I couldn't understand why he wanted to kill Kira so much. Especially when I found out they were best friends. What would possessed the world to have two friends fight one another and have one kill the other.


As I hold you near
I know I have to pull away

I knew deep down Athrun was hurting. He was scared. Scared of his actions. He became so sadden with the death of his friend/comrade Nicol, that all he wanted was revenge. It was only till that moment he realized what he had done.


You know that I can't stay

Watching him go, I felt something. I wasn't sure at the time what it was. However, I knew that I didn't want him to die either. Giving him the stone, I told him it would protect him. Even knowing that he had killed Kira.

……………………&h ellip;………............................................. ............................................

(Athrun's POV)

All of my life
No one has touched me the way that you do

When Lacus first told me about Kira being alive, I felt this weight being lifted off my back. All I wanted to do was talk to him. To make everything between us right again.


Wherever I go
I know that the road will lead back to you

I knew from the beginning that Orb was doomed. I suppose everyone knew that. Yet no one gave up hope. Not Kira nor you. It was then when I realized what I must fight for. That I had to protect that world.

……………………& hellip;………............................................ ..........................................

(Cagalli's POV) (Athrun's POV)

.So don't say Goodbye.

I don't think I can leave Athrun. I need him.

Would she actually leave me? Doesn't she know I love her.

.Don't turn away.

He can't just leave me! Especially with this baby.

Does she just expect me to watch her leave without saying anything?

.It doesn't have to end today.

No, I won't let him leave.

No, I won't let her leave me.

.Don't say Goodbye.

I won't give up!

I can't just let everything we been through go to waste.

.Cause I will love you 'til the end of time.


"I love him."

"I love her."

…………………&helli p;…………......................................... .............................................

(Cagalli's POV)

Can you feel my love inside
The way that my body's sighing

I couldn't believe my ears when my father told me Kira was my brother. I had so many questions to ask him. Yet I never had the chance to ask my father. But it had explain that connection I had felt with Kira during the war. The one feeling I was never able to figure out until that moment.

With your every breath

I had asked you to stay when I decided to tell Kira about me being his sister. I held on to you for support, while we tried to figure out was going on. Nothing at that moment made sense. But I was glad to have you by my side.

……………………&h ellip;………............................................. ............................................

(Athrun's POV)

I try to memorize
Every move you're making
So I'll never forget

When I had decided it was time for me to go back to PLANT, you tried to stop me. I was surprised when you jumped at me, pushing me back. I knew I had to try to speak with my father but you didn't agree. Sometimes I wished I had listened to you but at the end you understood what I had to do. It didn't matter if we both knew my father wouldn't listened to me but at least I tried.

That was all that matter.

…………………… …………........................................... ...........................................

(Cagalli's POV)

The way that you feel
Whenever your heart is beating with mine

You came back and I was glad that the rock I had given you protected you. But deep down I knew that the rock had only protected you physically and not mentally.

When you didn't appear in the control room, I became worried. Deciding it was best to comfort you I left. I found you in the hallway, looking down at Justice. You looked crestfallen. Trying to cheer you up I had begun thinking about my father. I would never have the chance to speak with him again but we both knew you had the second chance to make up.

And that was when you hugged me.


Wherever I go
I'll keep my memories of you inside

Stopping in front of the gate of the house Athrun and I share, I waited. There's no turning back.

……………………&h ellip;………............................................. ............................................

(Athrun's POV)

So don't say goodbye
Don't turn away
It doesn't have to end today

Finally dressed, I walked towards the window.

The last battle. You told me that you were also heading out. It was then I became terrified that I would lose you. Trying to talk you out of going, you wouldn't listen.

Smiling I shook my head. You were always too stubborn for your own good.

When you told me that you wouldn't let me die I was surprised. You weren't scared of dying. But you were scared of Kira and me dying. Deciding that you wouldn't change your mind, I quickly grabbed you and held you. I had never felt the way I was feeling in that particular moment with no one else. I couldn't let you die either. I wouldn't.

So I too promised I would protect you.


Don't say goodbye
'Cause I will love you 'til the end of time

It was pouring. Looking down from the window, I saw you pull up. Stepping out of the car, you looked up.

Don't say goodbye

Our first kiss is probably the one thing I can never describe. It just felt too right.

……………………& hellip;………............................................ ..........................................

(Cagalli's POV)

Don't say goodbye
We'll never be apart

The second I had stepped out of the car, I could feel you watching. Looking up, I saw the light in our bedroom on. Along with a shadow looking down at me. Not caring that I was getting wet I continued to stare at you.


We'll see the same stars
Just close your eyes
And I'll be where you are

Our first kiss was perfect.

I had always promised myself that I wouldn't become all mushy when I finally kiss. I wouldn't also become all girly.

However my first kiss was what I had always imagine. Especially when I thought you, Athrun Zala, as my knight in shinning armor.

Laughing out loud, I ran quickly to the front door. I've changed. Before I had ever met you, I didn't believe in those fairy tales. Yet now, after meeting you, they don't seem so stupid anymore.


Don't say goodbye
'Cause if you say that word
My heart won't survive

Opening the door quietly, I enter. Standing before me was Melinda, our maid. Taking my coat quietly she said, "Mr. Zala, wishes to speak with you in the bedroom."

"Thank you. By the way Melinda, take the night off." I replied.

Looking up surprised she asked, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, because this is going to be a long night." I replied looking up the stairs. Debating if faith was with me tonight or not.

"Thank you Mrs. Zala. Good luck tonight." Melinda responded as she quickly walked to the kitchen door smiling.

Looking at her until she disappeared I thought about my situation.

Taking a step at a time, I walked up. It's either now or never.

……………………&hellip ;……….................................................. .......................................

(Athrun's POV)

So don't say goodbye
Don't turn away

Listening to the door open and closed. I waited. Then I heard voices.


It doesn't have to end today
Don't say goodbye
'Cause I will love you 'til the end of time

Knowing exactly what I was going to do, I turned around from the window and looked directly at the door. Knowing that everything was in place. Holding my hands behind my back I waited. I just hoped she won't kill me for using the handcuffs. But deep down I knew there was no other way.

Don't say goodbye

It's either now or never.

……………………& hellip;………............................................ ..........................................

(Cagalli's POV)

Don't say goodbye

Reaching the top, I walked down the hallway.


The circle of the moon
The rising of the sun

I could feel you waiting.


We'll be together soon

Once reaching my destination, I gently placed my hand on the doorknob. But I stopped.


Our story's just begun
Time will bring us near

Was I ready for this.

Yes.


I'll never be too far

Was I scared?

Yes.


Oh, baby, don't you fear
I'll always be where you are

But no matter what, I knew that Athrun and I can over come this. Reaching deep down myself, I pulled out the rest of my courage. Turning the knob I opened the door.

……………………&h ellip;………............................................. .........................................

Cagalli quietly stepped into the bedroom. Looking up she faced Athrun.

So don't say goodbye

Taking a step forward, Athrun stopped. Unsure what Cagalli was going to do or say.


Don't turn away
It doesn't have to end today

Breaking the silence Cagalli answering Athrun's question, "We need to talk."


Don't say goodbye
'Cause I will love you 'til the end of time

Shaking his head he agreed. "I agree. There seems to be some unsolved issues."

Neither knew where to begin. But both decided to walk towards each other. Not one backing down.

But both determined.

Don't say goodbye

………………… ……………................................... ...................................................

Author's Note:

I finished!!! But I didn't finished the story like I planned. Let's just hope I do at the next chapter. My friend had burned me a CD recently with these two songs on them. And I decided to use them in the chapter as they seemed appropriate.

I also want to say thank you to:

1)NickeyWhite2

2)sakura

3)cheerful-pinkstar

4)Kid

5)klyukaizer

6)Pan-d-elyenP-nut

7)Water Lily2

8)Story Weaver1

9)Jays Arravan

10)koori no tenshi

11)wHiTe eLaNoR

12)PainetheBlackMage

13)Rednal29

14)Lomiothiel

15)Crazy for Athrun

16)Lady Light

I want to apologize if I forgot to put anyone else who also reviewed.

But do continued to review, I want to know what you thought of the chapter. I want to see if it was pointless or not.

Also I've been thinking of doing a Sequel to the story. How does that sound to anyone?

This would be the summary:

"Minister Zala killed in Bombing"

The morning's newspaper read, as Cagalli Zala world turned upside down. Only a few hours ago did she drag herself away from the disaster, bleeding and confused. Yet it could have been a lifetime ago - because now the world believes she is died. Including her husband.

Before Cagalli is able to reach her husband, the bomber strikes again. Killing innocent people. Realizing that he's bent on wiping out the witnesses to his crime, she must hide. Without money and ID, she becomes Ash Yula, hiding in a homeless shelter. Knowing it's too dangerous to go home.

Meanwhile, her husband, Athrun Zala, realized his running for senate in PLANT caused him to be away from his wife during the accident. After years of reassuring that the world was becoming a safer place, he finally grasp nothing. Not even a promising career in politics - is worth it without her by his side and their daughters.

Franticly he searches for anyone who was with Cagalli before the blast. But instead, he finds something or someone much more important.

Tell me if I should make a sequel with this plot.