Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Phases 1-2-3 ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's Note:

Once you finish reading, please read down below about the sequel. I need to know opinions.

 

Phases 1-2-3

Chapter 5

"Final Chapter"

 

(Athrun's POV)

After a moment, I decided to break the silence. "Would you mind if I speak first?"

Shaking her head she mouthed no.

Where to start. I wasn't sure myself.

"Cagalli, do you mind sitting?" I asked looking toward the chest next to the bed.

Looking at me suspiciously she replied, "I will. But if you don't mind, I will sit on the windowsill." She started towards the window. Thinking quickly, I quickly blocked her way.

Looking at me, she raised her eyebrow. "Yes?"

"If you don't mind, I prefer you to sit on the chest," Before she could protest, I continued, "I want to give you a massage. And I thought I would have a better position if you were sitting on the chest and me on the bed."

Looking at me surprisingly, she agreed. Changing directions, she walked over toward the chest and sat down. Looking directly towards the door she waited.

I could tell she was tense, by her posture.

Climbing slowly onto the bed, I sat down on the edge. Pushing her silently back into my legs. I started to work on her shoulders and neck with my hands. At first her guard was up but then she started to relax.

"Hard day at work, I see," I said, trying to start up some kind of conversation.

"You have no idea," Cagalli responded.

Releasing the tension on her neck and shoulders, I moved down toward her back. I knew we both felt content at the moment. But deep down we both knew that the one question and answer is still waiting.

It was a moment later when I heard Cagalli's voice. "A lot has happened today."

"Really?" I asked, trying to sound surprise.

"It had me thinking," Cagalli said.

"I heard," I mumbled quietly.

"What did you say?" she asked, turning her head to look at me.

"Nothing," I said looking directly at her. Her eyes were so intense.

Looking at me suspiciously, she got up and walked towards the door and stopped. She looked around the room for a moment. Not sure what she was up to, I waited. It was then she turned around to face me and smirked. "Athrun."

"Yes?" I asked waiting nervously.

"What exactly were you going to do with those handcuffs?"

My eyes became large in surprise and I could feel my jaw drop a little. Stuttering I asked, "What handcuffs?"

Smiling as sweetly as she could she answered back, "I'm not a fool Athrun. I saw the handcuffs behind you back by looking at the mirror."

Turning to my right, I stared at the one mirror that was joined with the dresser. I could see myself sitting on the bed dumbstruck with a pair of handcuffs right behind me. She must have seen it when she got up.

Knowing I was a dead man I continued to play dumb. "I have no idea where those came from."

Her smile slipped away from her face as quickly as it came. "Don't lie to me Athrun," she replied in a stern voice.

Quickly getting off the bed I walked toward the dresser. "Cagalli, is something wrong?"

Looking up at the mirror I saw her eyes become narrow. Looking directly at me she replied in a voice that would send shivers down any men's back. "Don't you dare change the subject, Athrun Zala!"

Turning around to face her, I smiled. "Now where would you get a crazy idea like that? All I did was ask a simple question."

A minute later she continued, "Athrun may I ask you something?"

Not sure where she was heading I shook my head and waited. "Where were you today?"

"Today?" I asked dumbly, knowing exactly what she meant.

"Yes, Kisaka told me you wanted to speak to me in the lobby when I got out of the meeting. That was true, wasn't it?" she asked quietly.

"Yes and I want to apologize. My secretary called and told me I was needed back at the office. I didn't have time to leave a note at the front desk." smiling quickly I remembered paying off the manager to leave the desk until Cagalli left. "But the strangest thing was that no one was there. Just a sign that well."

I saw her blush for a moment and said, "Yes I saw the same sign then." Looking at me carefully she asked, "Well as we didn't have time to talk then, mind telling me why you came? Kisaka said you looked serious."

Looking around the room, I looked for some kind of excuse. I didn't expect her to ask that. "Well you see," I started.

"Athrun? What's wrong? You look nervous." Cagalli replied.

Remembering what Kira had told me earlier today I faced her and asked, "Did you find whatever ring you lost?" Her eyes had become large. Continuing quickly, I stated, "Kira had called me and told me you lost it. So I was just wondering."

Shaking her head quickly she asked, "Kira told you?"

"Well yeah," I said.

"Did he tell you anything else?" she asked quietly.

Watching her silently I realized something must have happened between her and Kira. Something he didn't inform me of. "No he didn't."

Looking relived she looked down. "Athrun, I'm sorry."

Not sure what she meant I answered back, "Sorry for what?"

Looking back up, I saw her eyes become watery. Smiling she responded, "This month…I haven't been the best wife I could have been." I studied her carefully, trying to find the source of the problem. "All I have done was yell and scream hateful things to you. I'm not even sure why you tolerate it."

"Cagalli, I thought you would have realized it by now." I said smiling at her. Looking up at me surprisingly she shook her head. "So I would agree you have been moody lately. But then again, you always yell at me. You scare me half to death at times as well."

"Why do you put up with it?" she yelled.

"Because," I said walking towards her.

"Because what Athrun? Do you pity me." she asked getting angry.

Grabbing hold of her, I pushed her into my arms. Holding her tightly, I whispered quietly into her ear, "Because I love you."

……………………&h ellip;………............................................. ...........................................

(Kira's POV)

Knocking quietly on the door, I waited.

About a moment later, Melinda opened the door. Nodding my head in, I walked in. The first thing I noticed was Lacus waiting in the middle of the room. Walking quickly towards, I noticed that she was worried about something.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"They've been up there for more than a half a hour. I'm getting worried that something bad has happened." Lacus answered hugging me closely. "I'm worried that they can't handle this. Kira what happens if they decide that they are better off alone."

Smiling gently I tried to reassure her, "Lacus how long have we known those two?"

"For awhile, I suppose."

"Have you ever known them to just give up and call it quits?" I asked.

Feeling her smile against my chest and replied, "No."

"That's what I thought. Look Lacus, we just have to believe in them and hope for the best."

Nodding her head she stepped away. "Everyone is here and waiting."

Looking up at the stairs I nodded. Understanding that everything was going smoothly. I just hope nothing does happen between them. "All we can do is wait."

Walking beside me, Lacus took hold of my hand and squeezed it gently. "I've been thinking lately."

Looking down at her, I waited for her to continued. "You keep on telling me that Athrun has this theory of Cagalli keeping a secret to herself. Am I right?"

Nodding my head, I continued to look at her confused. "I think I might know what her little secret might be."

"You do? But how do you know?"

"Let's just say it's a women's thing." Lacus replied smiling.

"Aren't your going to tell me?" I asked patiently.

Turning around, she headed toward the dinning room, where the guests were waiting. "I think Cagalli should be the one to announce it."

Looking at her suspiciously, I rubbed it off and followed her.

……………………&he llip;……….............................................. ......................................

(Cagalli's POV)

Holding my breath I waited. He said he loved me. But how can that be? Doesn't he want a divorce? This isn't making any sense!

Pushing him away, I stepped back. Noticing his face of surprised and shock of my actions. But then it changed. It became sadden and worried.

"So is it true then?" he asked.

"Is what true, Athrun?" I asked.

"The reason why you wanted to talk to me." he replied roughly. He turned around and headed back to the chest.

"I don't understand?" I replied quickly. I don't get it. What is going on? Just a minute ago he was fine. But now, his pushing me away.

"Kisaka told me," he said stopping.

Trying to think back, I realize he must have been talking about today. Then I could feel the anger growing inside me. "If what you say is true, then why are you the one angry. I should be the one whose angry. For god sakes, you're the one whose going around telling people how you been feeling lately!" I screamed at him.

Turning to face me, I noticed that he seemed to be confused. "I've been telling people lately that you have been pushing yourself away from me and everyone else. Even Kira and Lacus agree with me on that!"

"So you make me look like the emotionless bitch?" I couldn't even believe that just moments ago we were happy couple. Now everything seemed to be falling apart. And it was going down too fast. The one thing I had feared is about to happen.

"That's not what I meant," he replied in a quieter voice.

Feeling the tears fall, I didn't know what to do or say. Except I knew it came down to one thing. It was time to find the truth. "Athrun Zala, I heard many things. To the you the truth, today hasn't been going well."

Looking at me carefully, Athrun stayed silent. Appreciating it, I continued, "I could talk all day and tell you every detail. But I'm not. All I want is the truth. So I'm just going to ask one question. And all I want back is one answer. A yes or no. Do you understand?"

Nodding his head, I smiled. Here goes nothing. "Do you Athrun Zala want a divorce?"

It felt like centuries until Athrun finally responded. And when he did, he had looked at me directly in the eye and answered in the most serious voice I ever heard him use. "No."

Feeling the tears fall freely I ran toward him and jumped into his arms. We both hit the side of the bed and fell on top of it. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes until Athrun broke the silence. "I thought you wanted a divorce."

Using my hands, I pushed myself up and straddled his waist. "And where in the world did you get a crazy idea like that?"

"Look whose talking."

Blushing slightly I smiled. "So we both screwed up."

Pushing himself up, I slipped down onto his lap while he sat up. Holding me gently against his chest, I heard his heart beat. "I think we both screwed up by listening to what other people were saying, instead of coming to each other for the answers."

Nodding my head, I closed my eyes. "Athrun," I started.

"What is it Cagalli?" he asked while running his fingers through my hair slowly.

"There's something you must know." I said pushing myself away from his chest so I could look directly into his green orbs.

I could tell he was nervous yet excited. "So your finally going to tell me then?" Looking at him confused, he smiled and continued. "You been keeping a secret from me about month. But I was afraid to ask, cause you kept on yelling and pushing me away."

"And I apologize for that." I said. Taking his hands into mine, we intertwine them together. "Athrun Zala, you are the one man I ever met, who was able to tame me. You are a incredible person. And the most wonderful husband a woman could ever ask for."

Smiling he responded before I could get the news out. "You know, this must be big. The big bad Cagalli Yula Attha Zala, is apologizing and saying the most sweetest things all in the same sentence."

Hitting his arm lightly I smiled. "There we go, that's the Cagalli I love." Athrun replied to my arm hitting. "The hit was on the gentler side. But it's a start."

"Athrun," I replied in a stern voice.

Looking up at me, he smiled. Lifting up his hand, he slowly stroke the side of my face. He then whispered quietly, "You are a amazing person Cagalli. You aren't like the girls I know. You personality and attitude make me a stronger person. And without you, I don't think I wouldn't have made it through the war."

"Athrun," I started but then stopped when he placed his finger on top of my lips. Removing his finger, he slowly came closer to my face until our noses were touching one another. "Cagalli I love you till the day I die. I would never leave you."

Smiling I responded back, "And I love you Athrun. Will all my heart." Taking the courage, I closed the gap between us. Kissing each other passionately. Pushing his back onto the bed we continued. Once we broke apart, I smiled.

I could feel Athrun's arm tighten around me as we rested on the bed. Taking the chance, I decided I had to tell Athrun now. "Athrun?"

"Don't talk, let's just stay like this a little bit more."

How dare he tell me what to do! He can't just tell me to shut up!

Wait, calm down. Don't screw this up Cagalli. I have to do this. I got to tell him no matter what. Getting mad won't help the situation.

"Athrun, about this secret of mine."

Catching his attention, he got on his elbows and looked down at me and waited.

It's now or never. "Athrun, I'm pregnant." I said quickly looking directly into his eyes. Trying to see some sort of reaction.

One moment I was looking into his eyes while the next I was pushed against his chest. "Athrun?" I asked slowly.

Pushing me away I saw him smile. "I'm going to become a father?"

Shaking my head, his smile became larger.

"I'm going to be a Dad!" he shouted getting up while dragging me up as well.

Taking me into his arms he whispered into my ear, "You have no idea how much this makes me happy."

Smiling I disagreed. "You have no idea how much this makes me happy just to get it off my chest."

…………………… …………........................................... ......................................

(Kira's POV)

It was probably a half hour later of my arrival when I heard steps walking down the stairs. "Everyone hide now! They're coming!" I shouted quietly. Closing the lights out, I hid behind a table with Lacus next to me.

"Athrun where are you taking me?" I heard Cagalli's voice ask.

"To the dinner room."

I heard her laugh and say, "So why must I have my eyes close. I seen the dinning room before."

"Yes I know. Don't worry, your going to like it." Athrun replied.

A moment later I heard a door open and two pair of foot steps walked in. Waiting for Athrun to turn on the light I heard him whisper, "You may open them."

"I can't see anything Athrun. Turn on the light." Cagalli said.

I could hear the laughter as he asked, "Are you sure?"

"Athrun, turn them on." Cagalli answered angrily.

"You heard her, she wants the lights on." Athrun shouted out loud.

"Athrun?"

Just then the lights came on and everyone in the room including me, jumped out and yelled surprised.

Looking around surprised, Cagalli walked over towards Lacus and me. "Kira what is this for?"

"You don't remember?"

Shaking her head I smiled. Hugging her gently I whispered gently in her ear, "Today is the day of our birth little sister."

Stepping away, Cagalli's hands flew to her mouth. "I can't believe I totally forgot about it!"

I watched as Athrun came behind and held her close. "I suppose you been so worried over you know what." he said winking at her.

"Worried over what?" I asked.

But then out of no where, Cagalli's face went from shock to anger. "Who are you calling little sister Kira! I'm the older twin."

Laughing I nodded. "I totally forgot about that."

Then she smiled. Taking my hand into hers, she placed it over her stomach. Watching her closely I asked, "What are you doing?"

"So I was right." I heard Lacus say.

Totally confused, I continued to wait. "Kira, my twin brother. Younger twin brother. My present for you is this."

"What is it?" I asked still confused.

"Your going to become a uncle Kira."

Looking down, I analyzed what she had just said. Everything finally coming together I quickly hugged her. "Congratulations Cagalli." Looking up I shook hands with Athrun. "I'm happy for both of you. For this baby."

"Thank you Kira," Athrun responded.

"You guys I can't believed it worked!" a voice shouted. Looking around I spotted Dearka and the rest of the gang.

"What worked?" Cagalli asked.

"The plan," Miriallia responded walking beside Dearka.

"What plan?" Cagalli asked again.

Looking at Athrun, I knew we were dead men. Before we had a chance to back away, a hand shot out to grab a hold of us. "Both of you stay," Cagalli demanded.

"Hasn't Zala told you yet." Yzak asked, also appearing.

Shaking head no, she waited.

"Athrun had devised this whole party on his own." Sai answered also appearing.

"Where are you guys popping up from?" I mumbled under my voice.

"And how would this plan of his have worked?" Cagalli asked.

"That's easy to answer. There were three phases." Lacus replied.

"Lacus!" both Athrun and I shouted together. Smiling she continued.

"Phase one was to get you out of the house. So Athrun had some of the councils from Orb set up a pointless meeting to distract you out of the house. While I set up here for the party."

"Oh really?" Cagalli asked curiously.

Looking towards Athrun, I noticed he had become quite pale.

"Phase two was my part." Kisaka said appearing from the side.

"Kisaka? You were part of this?" Cagalli asked surprisingly.

"Yes, Athrun came to be about week ago and told me about his plan. The only reason why I had agreed was because I was worried about you well being."

"Thank you for worrying Kisaka." Cagalli said, hugging her old guardian. "Thank you for that talk as well."

"Then came phase three," Athrun inserted.

Cagalli turned around to face Athrun and waited for him to continue. "Phase three was having you come home and surprise you. But after talking to Kisaka and Kira I realized we needed to talk to one another before that."

Nodding her head, Cagalli agreed.

Smiling I asked, "So your not mad then?"

Turning around to face me, Cagalli smiled and replied sweetly, "Of course not. I'm surprised. Especially considering the fact I forgot about our birthday. I appreciate it a lot."

"Happy Birthday Cagalli," I replied.

Giving me a tight hug, Cagalli said, "Happy Birthday Kira."

……………………& hellip;………............................................ ..................................

(Cagalli's POV)

Stepping outside onto the balcony, I dragged Athrun to the ledge.

"This sure has been a crazy day," I said looking up.

"Yeah it has. Sorry."

"Sorry for what?" I asked looking at him curiously.

"If I hadn't down this, I don't think we would have to worried about the other wanting to leave the other issue." Athrun replied looking down.

Taking hold of his face, I brought it up. "I'm grateful you did it. I haven't had so much fun in ages. I also think this made our relationship much stronger as well. Thank you."

Smiling gently, Athrun slowly moved his lips closer to mine. But he stopped when he was a centimeter away. "Promise me something," he said.

"What?" I asked, wanting so badly to kiss him.

"Don't keep anymore secrets. Or else I have to devise a whole new plan to get it out of you."

Laughing gently I said, "Deal,"

Before he could lean closer to kiss me, I moved away. Looking at me surprised, I smiled.

"You also have to promise me something."

"What?" he asked waiting patiently.

"Don't you ever leave me or this child of ours."

Looking at me seriously, he leaned in and kissed me. After a minute later he pulled away, leaving me feeling dazzle.

"Deal," he replied, taking me into his arms.

"So did you complete phase 3?" I asked quietly.

"Affirmative," he responded, taking my lips again for another kiss.

……………………&h ellip;………............................................. ....................................

Author's Note:

FINISHED!!! Lols, I'm glad I finally got it down. Considering this is probably one of the most longest chapter I ever written. So I hope you like the ending as much as I did.