Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Red and Blue Makes Purple ❯ Konoha ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: New chapter up and ready! Written from the hidden back stage of the theatre world and the bus moving through the mists of the early morning. Wonderful news is that my elder sister has returned for Thanksgiving. So, enjoy the new chapter. Read and review.

“Red and Blue Makes Purple”

Chapter Ten

Konoha

As Sakura snickered at the all too predictable question, Quatre resisted the urge to roll his eyes. “Duo, why don’t you get settled while Trowa and I return to the cabin and report in.”

“See if you can have a briefing ready for Heero by the time he wakes up,” Duo added. “Might curb the crankiness from being drugged. Oh, and make sure he hears that I love the watch, which I wouldn’t mind getting back now.”

“Thanks for reminding me,” Quatre said. He removed the gift from his pocket before laying it in Duo’s palm.

Taking it, the L2 pilot gave a fond look at the cover, looking up at several sharp gasps. “What?”

“Your eyes,” Sakura said, her own wide. “They just turned purple!”

Sasuke smiled inwardly as Duo let out a cheer. “I take it that they’re supposed to be purple.”

“Yep,” Duo said, grinning. “I know they look blue in the picture, but cameras always turn them blue, except for the really pricy ones. So, food.”

“We’ll meet you here at seven tomorrow morning,” Trowa said with a nod.

“I’ll alert the door guards,” Tsunade said. “Jiraiya, escort them out of the village.”

The old pervert was about to protest when she started to crack her knuckles ominously. “Sure, why not. Well then, let’s get going, shall we? And not pointing your funny weapons at me would make this a lot easier.”

“That reminds me,” Quatre said, fishing out his gun and an extra clip. “Until you get your own.”

“How much stuff are you keeping in your pockets, Cat?” Duo asked as he accepted the fire arm. “You’re not turning Heero, are you?”

Quatre only laughed as they followed the muttering toad summoner out of the office.

“Before I turn you loose on the village, I should warn you that we aren’t the only ones who will mistake you for Naruto,” Tsunade said, addressing Duo. “He had many enemies, but his friends loved him dearly. You’re sure to cause quite a stir among your generation especially.”

“Bah, I’m used to it,” Duo said, waving his hand to clear away her concerns. “Right after the war, I generally got a selection of three reactions from people. ‘Poor dear,’ ‘die murderous scum,’ or ‘my hero!’ It’s really funny when you get one from each group in an argument together.”

Sasuke snorted. “Civilians. Come on, dobe. Since you pretty much have Naruto’s body, let’s see if you’ve got his taste buds. Kakashi can treat.”

“Why me?”

“You skipped out on the mission report.”

-

The hike back up to the cabin was a long one without the aid of Duo’s giant fox form. Unsurprisingly, the road was still blocked, meaning that it was getting toward the end of the evening by the time they got there.

“Make sure you tell them to bring a chain saw,” Quatre said as Trowa went for the phone. No sleep, no coffee, and far too many surprises. He was ready to curl up and dissolve now.

Nodding, the clown kept an eye on his lover as he dialed.

“Miss Peacecraft here.”

“This is Barton. Duo’s been located. He’s alive and healthy.”

He could hear the young woman bounce. “Wonderful. I can’t wait to tell Heero. He should be coming around any moment now. So, when are you bringing Duo home?”

“We’re not positive,” Trowa said. “There have been… complications.”

“Give me the phone,” Quatre said, reaching blindly for it, his other arm slung across his eyes. It was handed to him without hesitation. “Relena, this is Quatre. I’m afraid the situation here has, in true Duo fashion, gotten very strange. When it’s safe for Heero to drive, tell him to find a chain saw and come down here. The roads are blocked. Wufei too. We may need his seniority. And maybe a diplomatic team.”

“Quatre, just what is going on out there?” Relena asked, a little stunned. “From the sound of it, I should ask for your Maganacs too.”

“Might not be that bad of an idea,” the blond said, stifling a yawn. “Oh, and Duo liked Heero’s gift. Tell whoever comes to call when they arrive so I can turn off the alarms. Night.” He could still hear the former queen shouting questions as he hung up, instantly curling up on the couch he’d flopped down onto. His breathing evened out and Trowa knew he’d fallen asleep.

Shaking his head, Trowa put the phone back where it belonged and went to carry Quatre to bed.

Whispers and stares followed Duo and team seven all the way to the Ichiraku ramen stand, so the pilot didn’t feel bad at all about staring right at everything and everyone.

“So, what’s the deal with Mount Rushmore over there?” he asked, nodding his head toward the looming faces of the hokage, past and present.

“That’s the Hokage Monument,” Sakura said. “Those were all the leaders of our village. As you can see, Tsunade-sama is our fifth.”

Duo whistled, impressed. “Hey, was Naruto related to number four? They look a bit alike. Same coloring too, if the guy in the picture in Baa-chan’s office is him, too.”

Kakashi remained silent while his students exchanged glances. They’d never heard anything about Naruto’s parents or other family. As one, they looked to their former teacher. “Kakashi-sensei?”

“Naruto’s heritage is an S-class secret, ordered by the third after the Kyuubi attack,” Kakashi said to end the matter. “Isn’t that Iruka-sensei?”

Duo followed his gesture to a young man with brown hair worn up in ponytail. He recognized the face and the scar across the man’s nose. Another person from the visions. This was getting just ridiculously strange. What was worse was the fact that he suddenly had the urge to run up to the man, Iruka they’d called him, and hug him. His heart instantly trusted him, cared for him, which put his war trained instincts up in arms. He stopped walking and stared.

When Iruka felt a tingle down the back of his neck, he somehow knew that it wasn’t left over from the re-appearance of the Kyuubi. Someone was watching him, he turned and an image of yellow and red filled his vision.

Impossible. “Naruto…”