Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Red and Blue Makes Purple ❯ Second Courtship ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Cheers for all, the new chapter is up! Very few pilots this time, but lots of juicy action. Hope you enjoy. Read and review!
 
“Red and Blue Makes Purple”
Chapter Fifteen
Second Courtship
 
Sasuke was already up by the time Duo woke up in the morning. Groggy, the pilot reached for the end of his braid to remove the tie so that he could brush it out, only to find the band missing and his hair already half unraveled. “What?”
A search of his bedding proved fruitless, as the tie was nowhere to be found. Duo scowled. Teme… Even if it'd broken, it'd be there someplace.
A pile of dark blue and black clothing waited for him on the bed-side table next to his pocket-watch, the shirt too large and bearing one of the red and white fan designs that he'd seen all over the compound on its back. Clearly a clan emblem of some sort, and Duo couldn't help but to feel that the Uchiha was trying to mark him. Scowling at the clothes as he pulled them on, he didn't notice as the kimono vanished into red mist, leaving no trace behind.
“You know, teme, we really need to talk about your fashion sense,” he said as he made his way to the kitchen, where the clinking of dishes told him that Sasuke was cooking. “And do you have any hair ties? Mine seems to have done a disappearing act during the night.”
“I have short hair, dobe,” Sasuke said, turning away from the stove to face him. Dark eyes looked Duo up and down, and there was obvious smug approval in his expression. “Take a seat. It's almost done.”
Duo forced down a sudden blush at the examination as he hurried to take a chair that put the table between him and Sasuke. Something in him felt fluttery in a way that he normally only felt when Heero was being particularly flirty.
Sasuke brought over two simple bowls of rice and handed Duo a pair of chopsticks. They ate in silence, the shinobi sending glances Duo's way the entire time. As the pilot took his last bite, he looked up to see that the seat across from him was suddenly empty.
It was too late that he realized that the chair he'd chosen, while far away from Sasuke, put his back to the wall. This was made all too clear as two hands planted themselves against said wall on either side of his head, the table being shoved back as Sasuke stood over him.
“Sa- Sasuke?” he stuttered while his face turned red. Damn it! Why was he having these kinds of problems around a practical stranger?
“I was there when my dobe disappeared, pulled away from my arms,” Sasuke said, leaning in. “I saw his eyes turn violet when his blue and the Kyuubi's red blended. You might not remember much, but I know that you are Naruto.”
“I'm Duo,” the (normally) braided man insisted, eyes wide. “Duo.”
“You are Uzumaki Naruto,” Sasuke said. He removed one hand from the wall to cup a pale cheek, amazed to note that his dobe's skin was actually a shade paler than is. “My rival, my dobe.” He moved back, away from the table and shocked pilot. “Consider this the beginning of our courtship, Naruto.”
Flustered, Duo was about to start tearing into the other man (never mind that his statement had put a whole migration of butterflies to flapping around in his stomach) when a bang and accompanying poof of smoke startled him out of it.
Sakura had appeared in the kitchen, not even making Sasuke blink, though he did seem to twitch a bit.
“Duo, you friend Barton-san, is back in the village, and-” the kunoichi stopped, staring at him. “Wha..?”
“He changed appearance last night, during a conversation with Iruka-sensei,” Sasuke said nonchalantly, as though he hadn't just been putting the moves on the other man.
“Right…” Sakura said slowly, gathering back her wits. “Anyway, we should hurry over to meet them. Oh, and Winner-san didn't come apparently, but there was a brown-haired man with blue eyes in his place.”
Duo's expression brightened. “Hee-chan! Knew he couldn't stay away long, the over-protective baka. Had to be sedated when I went missing according to Cat.”
Sasuke scowled at how fond Duo seemed of this man, and the description of his actions sounded suspiciously like competition. “They can wait. The dobe still looks like a mess. Stay put.”
He left the room, returning with a brush in hand despite the fact that Duo would have bet good money that he never used one. However, it was all too clear what he wanted to do and he didn't want any part of it. “Not a chance, teme. Back away from the hair.”
“You look like something tried to weave it into a bird's nest,” Sasuke said, advancing.
“At least it's not a duck butt,” Duo said, ducking to avoid a hand. With the speed he'd seen the shinobi move at, he knew that Sasuke was humoring him. As long as it meant that he didn't mess with his hair, Duo wouldn't be forced to smack him for it. “I'll do it myself.”
“Not a chance.”
“It's my hair!”
“My brush.”
I'll do it,” Sakura said, intercepting Sasuke as he tried to make another grab for the panicked pilot, using a bit more of his speed this time. “Duo, my fiancé is growing his hair out, and I help him with it all the time, as with my best friend's, and her hair is almost as long as yours. Would you mind?”
“See, the lady comes with references and actually asks,” Duo said, gesturing toward Sakura with a grin. “What a novel idea. Brush away, fair lady.”
“She's also been known to break open ten foot chasms with her bare fists,” Sasuke commented as he reluctantly handed the brush over to his female teammate.
“Nonsense,” Sakura said, shooing Duo over to sit in a backwards chair so that she had easy access to his back. “I wear gloves most of the time.”
The moment Sasuke figured that Duo's hair was finished (and that they'd made Sundae and her `guests' wait long enough), he grabbed Duo by the arm and pulled him into his embrace. The whiskered man flushes. “Hey, what do you-” Poof. All there were gone.