Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pandora's Box ❯ Ghosts of the Past ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or any of the characters related to him. I also do not own any other character that is not related to Inuyasha mentioned in this story seeing as it is a crossover. However, Mac is my own character, based off of me sort of.
Ghosts Of The Past
Starring:
Inuyasha
Kagome
Miroku
Sango
Shippo
Kirara
Guest Starring:
Mac
Michael Des Barres as Murdoc
David Hasslehoff as Garthe Knight
Sesshomaru
William Daniels as the voice of K.I.T.T.
Peter Cullen as the voice of K.A.R.R.
Special Guest Stars:
Unicron
Kikyo
"Help! Help, someone, anyone I need help" a young boy cried as he ran through the forest. 'Oh god, I'm doomed if I don't get outta here fast.' he thought to himself. He looked back as he ran through the forest, only to see a giant gray and white semi truck with a very large black grill covering most of its flat front.
'We've got maneuverability, he's got power' the boy remembered. a saying he had heard from somewhere. Just as the semi neared him to run him over, the boy made an abrupt right turn. The semi truck attempted to turn as abruptly as the boy but, failed. The boy ran out of the woods to see a small village ahead.
'Yes, there's a village, I'm home free' he thought. He turned back just in time to see the semi jack knifing through the forest.
'Ha ha, serves you right Garthe' the boy thought to himself as he ran he was just in front of a small hut when his strength left him and he collapsed on the ground. A young girl with long, black hair and a green skirt with a white shirt came over to him and knelt beside him. A second later another girl with brown hair and an unusual outfit knelt bon the other side of him. The boy was breathing deeply and was dehydrated (did I get that spelling right?). The girl with black hair gave him some water and spoke in a language that he did not understand. The boy then looked back at the forest he just came from, only this time, no semi. Just then two other boys came over, one dressed in black and purple robes, the other in a red kimono. The one in the red kimono looked different in the fact that he had a pair of fuzzy ears on his head.
"K.I.T.T I can't understand a word this girl is saying" said the boy as he spoke to his watch "activate the UT" he instructed.
"Right away Mac." his watch responded. With a beep the UT was activated.(UT stands for Universal Translator in case you haven't figured it out)
"Take it easy" said the girl with brown hair' you're very exhausted." Suddenly a noise came from the black haired girl's bag. She took out a portable phone and gave it a curious look. She then proceeded to answer it. The voice on the other end asked to speak with Mac. She handed the phone to him saying
"It's for you."
"Hello" asked Mac
"Greetings from beyond the grave." the voice on the other end happily said in a distinctly British accent.
"Having fun with Garthe Knight and his pet Goliath" he asked before laughing manically and hanging up.
"Who was that" the black haired girl politely asked.
"That... was Murdoc, and I think we've got trouble, big trouble." he said and then passed out.
The boy awoke the next morning inside a hut.
"Morning" he was greeted cheerily by the black haired girl "we weren't formally introduced yesterday, my name's Kagome Higurashi."
"I think you already know my name, but it's nice to meet you all the same." Mac said groggily.
"Aren't you forgetting something" an electronic voice said.
"Oh, yes. Kagome Higurashi, meet the Knight Industries Two Thousand." Mac said introducing K.I.T.T.
"Hello it's nice to meet you Knight Industries Two Thousand."
"Please call me K.I.T.T." he replied.
"Mac, how did he end up in your watch" Kagome asked "I though that he was just a made up character for T.V."
"So did I until about five days ago, that's when he and I met."
"You mean you just bought that watch five days ago" she replied.
"Noooo, I've had that watch for better than a year or two. K.I.T.T only was just activated five days ago."
"Is that when decided to go running through forests yelling help, and getting phone calls from people named Murdoc"
"Well, not exactly, you see I arrived here, in this time period five days ago. Ever since then I've been chased by a semi truck called Goliath and its insane driver."
"Ahh, I see our friend is awake" said the boy in robes "Hello, my name's Miroku."
"Hey, I'm Mac, and my talking friend here is K.I.T.T.” said Mac introducing himself and pointing at his watch.
"Hello" said the brown haired girl as she entered the hut "I'm Sango, I already know your name, Mr. Mac." she said as she knelt in front of his cot between Kagome and Miroku.
"Hello, I'm the Knight Industries-." K.I.T.T. began but was cut off by Sango saying
"Two Thousand yes I know K.I.T.T. for short right"
"Right" the watch replied. Shippo, who was under the cot, now appeared and introduced himself.
"What is that little fur ball doing here" K.I.T.T. questioned.
"Now K.I.T.T., be polite, don't forget you're not a car anymore."
"You're right Mac, sorry uhh, what was your name again" K.I.T.T. asked.
"I'm Shippo." at that moment an old lady walked in the room followed by a boy with long silver hair and dog ears on his head.
"Ahh, I see you're awake, that's good." said the old woman.
"Yeah, I guess I'm awake." Mac replied.
"I am Kaede, it's nice to meet ye." the old lady said.
"Hi I'm Mac."
"Ahem." the dog eared boy said, noticing he was being ignored.
"Oh I'm so sorry, Inuyasha this is Mac, he's from my time, I think." Mac gave her a confirming nod.
"Hello." Inuyasha said rather coldly.
"Hey." Mac replied.
"Mac you had better get changed and ready to go, that is if you're coming with us." Kagome said
"Heck yeah I'm coming with ya, you're the only people I actually like in this time." Mac said referring to the fact that he knew other people in that time he just didn't like them. As soon as everyone was out of the room Mac put on his clothes and peered out the window. He saw Kagome standing close to the door with her back to it and not paying attention. That was a big mistake. Mac's instinctive nature took over as he silently crept toward the door. He then went back to the window just to make sure she hadn't moved. Kagome had moved but only forward about ten feet.
'Excellent' he thought to himself. He then headed for the back door and snuck out around the house until he was nearly upon Kagome.
"HEY KAGOME" Mac said loudly so as to scare her.
"Ahhh" Kagome yelled and turned around to see Mac laughing his brains out and holding his side for support.
"I ha ha ha scared ah aha the the ha ha pee out of you" Mac exclaimed pointing to a dark green spot on Kagomes skirt. At this point Mac was doubled over in laughter. He eased up though when Kagome stood over top of him with an annoyed look on her face.
"Uh-oh" Mac said as he got up "help! She's gonna kill me" he hollered as he broke into a run with an angry Kagome in hot pursuit. "Kagome please don't kill me it was only a joke, I mean c'mon." Mac said as he was beginning to run out of steam. Kagome suddenly tackled him from behind and pinned him to the ground making sure he couldn't move. Kagome looked at him very severely. 'Oh God this is it I'm history' Mac thought as he prepared to close his eyes. Just before he closed his eyes Kagome put on a very sweet, kind, gentle look on her face and said
"I know." just before she busted out laughing too.
"Unbelievable, beaten at my own game and by a girl too. That's a fine how do you do." Kagome ended her laughing spell and let Mac up.
"I was just letting you know you're not the only one who can play tricks." Kagome said victoriously.
"OK gotcha. Oh uhh could you do me a favor though." Mac asked
"What"
"Just don't mention my tendency to play tricks to the others. I want to let them find out for themselves."
"Sure on one condition though: you don't play anymore on me, got it" Kagome replied.
"Got it."
Darkness had set and the group sat around the campfire. It had been four days since Mac had been found. The four days had been very quiet. They consisted of mostly just walking. Mac had learned that nine days ago, when he first was brought here that The Jewel of the Four Souls had been completed. Mac reasoned it was the cause of his arrival here, but why that question still remained unanswered.
"Ya know I still can't get what Murdoc said out of my head." Mac said to everyone.
"What exactly did he say that's been bothering you so much" Miroku asked
"I don't know, it's that stupid, Greetings from beyond the grave, what did he mean by that" Mac stated.
"It sounds like he's saying that he's come back from the dead." Sango said.
"OK, then why wasn't he driving Goliath"
"Goliath"
"That metal monster that was chasing me when you guys found me."
"Maybe it's not just him who's come back, maybe there's someone else too."
"I think you're right Sango. I'll tell ya, never doubt a girl's intuition." Mac said looking at Miroku and Inuyasha.
"We need more firewood, Sango would you help me" Kagome said.
"Sure." replied Sango.
"Hey, wait a minuet, let me get the firewood wench, you stay here." Inuyasha said as he leapt up.
"Sit boy" Kagome commanded. Obediently Inuyasha was thrown to the ground. Kagome continued to walk off with Sango. Much time passed.
"Man, they sure have been gone awhile." Mac said with a hint of concern in his voice.
"K.I.T.T. can you pick them up on your scanner" Mac asked his watch
"No." K.I.T.T. replied.
"No, what do you mean no" Mac asked growing tense.
"My scanner's disrupted by something. There's some sot of jamming frequency being emitted near here." K.I.T.T. replied.
"Jamming frequency? That's impossible we're in the middle of a forest in the past there can't be a jamming frequency." Mac replied angrily.
"What's a jamming frequency" asked the monk.
"What's a scanner for that matter" asked Inuyasha. Suddenly a couple of screams ripped though the forest.
"No time" replied Mac in response to their questions as they all got up and started running in the direction the screams came from.
Inuyasha was running as fast as he could, closely followed by Mac, Miroku, and Shippo on Kirara. They arrived in a clearing where Kagome and Sango had been tied to a tree. Their bindings though were not ordinary rope though. It was some sort of metal coil.
"Ahh yes if it isn't the wretched little half breed." Sneered Sesshomaru as he came out from behind a nearby tree.
"And all of his little companions too, how revolting." He said confidently.
"What do you want with Kagome and Sango" Inuyasha demanded.
"It's not what I want with them, but what he wants with them." Sesshomaru replied coolly.
"What do you mean what he wants with them" Mac said as he stepped forward anger boiling in his veins.
"I mean exactly what I say, human." Sesshomaru replied smartly. This caused Macs anger to boil over.
"Why you" he began.
"Ahh ahh. Now that's now way to act. I suggest you keep your temper in check, you see if you don't..." Sesshomaru trailed his sentence off and pushed a small button on a remote control. Suddenly, the metal bindings holding Kagome and Sango to the tree lit up and shocked the two girls strapped there.
"Ahhhhhhhh." the two girls said in unison.
"Shock cords" Mac asked rhetorically "where did you get shock cords" he asked.
"From me." an electronic sounding voice said. A jet black Pontiac Trans Am emerged from the trees. It had a yellow scanner that was waving at everyone in front of it. Along the bottom half of the car was a grey streak.
"K.A.R.R." Mac said questioningly.
"That is correct I am the Knight Automated Roving Robot, K.A.R.R. if you prefer. And I have come to take care of two things, one of them being to destroy K.I.T.T. and you." he replied.
"And the other" Mac asked.
"That you will not know. You will also not see these girls in this location again." with that said K.A.R.R. reversed and backed up so his rear end was right in front of Mac, Inuyasha, Miroku, Shippo, and Kirara. He then proceeded to blow a smokescreen out of his tail pipes, forcing the group to retreat, for now.
"What was that back there" Miroku asked puzzled.
"That was K.A.R.R., he's the prototype for K.I.T.T. here." Mac replied and gestured toward his watch.
"What's a prototype" he asked.
"A prototype is an early...um...form of something, you know, like a two wheeled cart would be the prototype for a four wheeled cart. Get it"
"Yeah, I think so." Miroku replied and fell silent.
"What's an automated roving robot" asked Inuyasha
"Well an automated roving robot would be like a wooden puppet that could think and move for itself."
"Oh, so he's K.A.R.R. is a wooden puppet that thinks and moves for itself" he questioned.
"No, K.A.R.R. is a form of transportation that normally would not be able to think and move on its own, he's also got no care for any form of life. He knows only self-preservation." Mac said hoping that would clear everything up.
"Self-preservation" Inuyasha pressed on.
"Yeah, you know caring only for yourself and absolutely nothing else."
"So how are we going to get Kagome and Sango back" Miroku piped up.
"Well I've got a plan. If we head back there at dawn we should be able to catch them before they pack up and leave. Now I need you and Inuyasha to distract Sesshomaru and K.A.R.R. while I sneak around back and free the girls."
"What about me" Shippo said
"Sorry Shippo you're going to have to stay here, it's going to be too dangerous for you." K.I.T.T. said comforting the little kitsune.
"Yeah K.I.T.T.'s right you stay here and when we get back Kagome and Sango will be with us, I promise."
The next morning Mac, Inuyasha, and Miroku set off to rescue the girls. When Inuyasha and Miroku arrived at the clearing they were too late. Everyone was gone. Mac came shortly after.
"Well that's just great." Mac said
"According to my scanner readings they left some time ago." K.I.T.T. said.
"Can you track them" Mac asked.
"No, the trail has gone cold." K.I.T.T. replied with a hint of loss in his voice.
"Not for me it hasn't" Inuyasha exclaimed. "I've got their scent follow me." he said and took off into the woods. After several hours of barley keeping Inuyasha in sight, Miroku and Mac arrived in front of a large metal structure with Inuyasha standing in front of it with his sword drawn. Mac spied a door.
"Wait Inuyasha, let me go in and check the place out." Mac said. He went and entered the building. There were no security systems in place. Mac followed K.I.T.T.'s scanner all the way to what seemed to be the largest room.
"They're in there." K.I.T.T. said. Mac opened the door and walked inside. Once inside off to the left were to large glass cylinders. The first contained Sango and the second Kagome. They had on a weird looking set of what appeared to be headphones.
"Man, it seems like I've seen this before." Mac said in a whisper.
"You have." replied K.I.T.T. as little beams of light came up out of the watch. Suddenly a two-dimensional image appeared. It was from an old Sonic the Hedgehog comic book.
"Of course, they're virtual reality simulators! This place is an exact, working replica of it."
"Let's see what they're dreaming about." said Mac as he walked over to a large cindrilical metal console that had a glass dome covering the top. Mac peered inside the glass dome and was almost sick. Kagome and Sango were tied to chairs and being held down by several large men. Two other men had glasses of yellow liquid in them and forcing Kagome and Sango drink them
"K.I.T.T. scan that yellow liquid, I want to know what it's simulating." Mac told K.I.T.T.
"Right away" K.I.T.T. replied. "Oh my" K.I.T.T. gasped at his findings.
"What is it"
"It's supposed to be pee." K.I.T.T. said in a disgusted tone of voice.
"Oh yuck! We gotta get them outta here."
"There's no way to open those cylinders how do we move them then" K.I.T.T. asked.
"The main control room should have some sort of a switch to flush them out of the cylinders, we've just gotta find it that's all." Mac said as he made his way to the door. "Wait a minute, K.I.T.T. can you use your microwave jammer and flush them that way"
"No, however if you place my back against the glass I might be able to shatter it."
"Alright go for it." Mac said as he firmly pressed K.I.T.T. against Sango's container. The glass shattered and dumped a large amount of liquid slime on the floor as Sango fell forward Mac caught her and gently shook her awake. The process was repeated for Kagome except there was no time to wake her up. Mac carried her outside with Sango close behind. At Sango's command Kirara transformed and the group took off.
Once back at Kaede's village reports of strange things had been going on. Mac went to investigate one report and confirmed what he most feared. Three enormous energy pylons had been constructed. They were designed to bring something big from across the galaxy to earth. Mac formulated a plan. He figured on luring in K.A.R.R., Murdoc, Goliath, and Garthe into a trap.
As Mac was setting up and preparing for the final battle that he new was immanent, Sango brought him a small, flat, square package.
"Hey Mac I found this outside the hut, it has your name on it." said Sango as she handed him the package. He quickly un-wrapped it and found it was a CD.
"Hey, Kagome, do you have a CD player here" Mac asked.
"Yeah why, you getting bored" Kagome replied.
"No its just that Sango found a CD with my name on it." Mac began to open the CD case when a note fell out. The note read:
Murder is in the air
Under the temple of
Ra.
Death awaits
On the final
Curtain.
Hope you like my little poem MacGyver. I'm sure you'll have fun with the first track on this CD. Pay attention to those first few lines they'll really trip you up! I think you know who it is that's sent you this.
"Here's the CD player" Kagome exclaimed cheerfully as she sent it down beside Mac. Her entrance caused Mac to jump a little as he was deeply enthralled by his note. He put the CD in the player and listened for about half a minuet, then stopped it.
"Hold it this song's been altered, K.I.T.T. can you access my computer from here"
"I don't know but I'll try. What am I looking for if I can" K.I.T.T. asked.
"The Transformers movie ending. It'll be under audio filesmusictheme songstelevisiontransformers." Mac replied to his watch.
"I've got it, what should I do with it"
"Patch it through the CD player and play it." Mac ordered. The music began playing and told K.I.T.T. to stop it at the same place.
"You see what I mean the first verse has been altered. Instead of "prepare to strike there will be no place to run, when you're caught within the grip of the evil Unicron" the CD says "stand and fight there will be no place to run when the Earth is in the grip of the evil Unicron" that's the difference." Mac said
"Ok so what does it mean" Kagome asked worriedly.
"I'm not sure I think he's trying to tell us something, like what his plans are. It's his style."
"Who though" Kagome wondered.
"Murdoc."
"Murdoc again"
"Yep 'fraid so." said Mac as he handed Kagome the note and pointed out that the first letter of each line was a letter in his name eventually spelling out Murdoc's name.
"We'd better get back to work setting things up before they have a chance to activate those energy pylons." Mac said to Kagome. Kagome nodded and they went to help the others with the final preparations.
The final preparations were complete and Mac was ready to spring his trap. Suddenly Murdoc pulled up in K.A.R.R. with Sesshomaru in the passenger's seat and Goliath driven by Garthe pulled in beside K.A.R.R. Murdoc got out of K.A.R.R. and called to Mac and the others.
"C'mon out MacGyver you know this is what we've wanted from the start now give us what we want." he said. Mac turned to Kagome standing behind a house and looked at her, his eyes focusing on her necklace where the Shikon jewel was hung.
"Huh? What are you thinking; surly you're not going to..." Kagome said shakily.
"It all makes sense now, the jewel is what they want, not Kagome, just the jewel" Mac said thoughtfully"I've got an idea. They want the jewel let's give 'em one, Kagome take off your necklace."
"What, my necklace, no way you'll give it to them" Kagome said in shock. Inuyasha stepped between her and Mac.
"You're not going to give them the jewel." he said commandingly.
"Ya know you're absolutely right, I'm not. What I'm going to do is make them think I have the jewel in my hand by dangling part of the necklace form it, get it" Mac replied.
"That's amazing, how'd you come up with that" Miroku questioned.
"Oh, just by thinking of what I would think if the situation was turned around." Mac replied.
"That's brilliant." Sango chimed in.
"Well thanks, necklace please." Mac said as he turned to Kagome. Kagome reluctantly removed the Shikon jewel from the necklace and handed it to Mac.
"Just don't break it" she said as Mac prepared to reveal himself.
"I won't, I swear" he said.
"C'mon MacGyver, I haven't got all day you know" Murdoc called.
"Murdoc! This what you want" Mac said as emerged from around the building, dangling the necklace from his fist.
"Give it to me MacGyver." Murdoc again called.
"Why? So you can destroy me and my friends? Is that it"
"Somehow I thought you would be a little hard to persuade. K.A.R.R. activate the pylons, now"
"Pylons activated." K.A.R.R. said. Suddenly three beams of light shot up from the forest somewhere to a point out in space. Then a hole appeared towards the top of the three beams that were forming a pyramid. The wind kicked up fiercely, it started to lightening, and rain like never before. Out of the hole a metal sphere appeared, about the size of a small moon, with a ring attached to it. It had several distinctive characteristics: a large crater in the very middle of the front of it, with a set of spikes coming around it, almost like a deformed mouth.
"No! It's Unicron! They've brought Unicron to earth over a space bridge" Mac exclaimed. He looked over his shoulder to see Kagome in a tree behind the building. Everything was going according to plan.
Unicron was still coming through the space bridge, when Mac took a small remote out of his pocket.
"It's the missing stabilizing unit." K.A.R.R. said.
"Now Kagome" Mac exclaimed as he tossed the remote into the air. Kagome let an arrow go from her bow. The arrow pierced the remote and sent it sparking to the ground. A second after it fell, it exploded.
"Nooo" Murdoc cried. Suddenly all thee energy pylons exploded and sent a huge wave of flames at Unicron. Unicron was buffeted by flames as he was also being torn apart, because the space bridge was collapsing. A small figure appeared clad in white flying near the collapsing space bridge. The woman looked toward Kagome.
"Here is the last part of you soul back." Kikyo said. She pointed a finger at Kagome and a pink light shot from it. The light hit Kagome right in her heart, causing her to catch her breathe in surprise. The dying Kikyo looked then to the ground at Inuyasha.
"I love you Inuyasha" she called. Then she entered the space bridge. The resulting explosion shot through Unicron splitting him in up the middle. Then there was a flash of light and the storm died down as quickly as it came up. The space bridge had been destroyed as well as Unicron.
"You've failed Murdoc." Mac said triumphantly. While Mac said this Kagome and the others got hold of the rope Mac had disguised.
"OK Kagome, last thing before we head for home" Mac called up to her and she nodded.
"This ends here Murdoc" Mac said as he got ready to pull on his own rope, disguised as a vine. Mac grabbed the rope and pulled.
"Now" and pulled all his might. A rope jumped from the ground between K.A.R.R. and Goliath, halfway back Goliath's trailer. At this point Sesshomaru jumped out of K.A.R.R. and into a tree. He began to jump from limb to limb away behind K.A.R.R.
"Ha you missed" Murdoc exclaimed.
"Did I" Mac asked as the earth in front of Murdoc and his cohorts began to collapse.
"MacGyveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer" Murdoc yelled angrily as the earth collapsed beneath his feet and he, K.A.R.R., Goliath, and Garthe fell into the gaping hole.
The following evening everyone was seated around the campfire wondering what to do.
“It's been one strange day.” Inuyasha said and everyone agreed with him.
“It's weird seems like we were haunted by all these ghosts of the past.” Mac said.
“What should we do about that gaping hole we made?” Miroku asked.
"Well, I think what we should do is seal that hole off and make sure no enters it and... uh, no one leaves it." Mac said.
"Yeah right, no one's going to leave that hole." Kagome said.
"You don't know these guys like I do. If you don't see the body being taken away, then you know they'll be back." Mac said.
"Hey, I was wondering something about what Murdoc said there at the last." Kagome said.
"What about it" Mac asked.
"Well he called you 'MacGyver' instead of Mac, what's up with that" she asked.
"Yeah, we were all wondering about that too." Miroku said and everyone else agreed with a chorus of 'yeahs'
"It's an old nickname." Mac replied.
"How'd ya get it" Shippo asked.
"Well, it's a long story. It all began about eight years ago..."
Somewhere deep in space: The stars twinkle brightly. There's a loud explosion. Metal debris is flung everywhere; it looks to be the remains of a metal planet. A head with horns, similar to the horns on the planet sized Transformer Unicron, floats by. A light gleams in the eyes signaling life...