Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ G-men ❯ Good Morning ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Author's Notes: there will be longer parts soon, I promise
Category: AU, Yaoi, Gundam Wing fusion with the X-men series
Pairings: 1x2, 3x4, 5x6/6x5
Warnings: none in this part, very short
Author: Arigatomina
Email: arigatoumina@hotmail.com

G-men

Part 5: Good Morning

"I just can't believe he didn't say anything," Duo frowned. //I should be glad. It's none of his business what I do.//

Wufei looked at him, eyes narrowed. "You didn't go alone. It's not as if you were taking a risk."

"Yeah." Duo took a large drink of coffee, getting up and refilling his cup. It was early, but he'd slept surprisingly well and woken up before the others. Except for Wufei. "Do you always get up so early?" He leaned against the counter.

"Sometimes," Wufei said. "It's nice to have someone to talk to. Usually I'd be practicing if I woke up this early." Wufei looked down, his brows furrowed slightly.

Duo smiled slightly, tilting his head as he looked at the brooding boy. "Yeah, but I don't usually get up so early. I have trouble sleeping." Duo laughed slightly, trying to cheer up the atmosphere a bit. "Half the time I sleep till noon if I don't have a mission to do."

Wufei looked up, a smirk twitching the corner of his lips. "There's nothing wrong with that. I have trouble getting *back* to sleep."

Eyes glinting, Duo's smile widened. "Want some more coffee, Wufei?" At the boy's nod, he picked up the other mug, filling it with coffee. He was just sitting down again when Quatre and Heero entered the kitchen, Trowa following. "Good morning. I made coffee."

Quatre smiled as he sat beside Duo, "I don't drink coffee, but thank you anyway." Heero grabbed a mug out of the cabinet, filling it before sitting across from Quatre, a seat conveniently left open next to the blonde boy.

"I'll make some tea," Trowa said softly, moving to do so even as he spoke. Quatre smiled.

"Thank you, Trowa."

"No need," he said, not turning. "I like tea." He glanced at Duo, "Not that there's anything wrong with coffee."

Duo grinned. "Thanks Trowa. Next time I'll make both. Not that I expect to get up so early anytime soon, but you never know."

"Duo," Quatre said, a strange gleam in his eyes. "Have you made any plans for today? I was thinking we could all do something together."

Duo looked up, his curiosity peaked. "What do you have in mind?"

Quatre smiled. "I thought we could do something that would let us have some fun *and* get used to working with each other. Do you play basketball?"

Duo's eyes widened until they seemed to fill his face. "Do I?!" he sputtered. "I *love* basketball! But...how? What if someone sees me? There are warrants out for me."

"I've already thought of that," Quatre said, smile having widened. "I rented a gym."

"What?"

"My family had a lot of money," Quatre said quickly, "And no one knows I'm a mutant. Remember, I've never actively attacked OZ. I can access my accounts without any worry of attracting notice. You can sneak in, and turn visible once we're inside. Do you want to?"

Duo's eyes were wide with eagerness. "What about you guys?" He looked at Wufei, who smiled. Trowa nodded, glancing at Quatre. //I know he won't want to.// Duo turned to Heero and was surprised to see him hosting a small smirking smile. When Duo looked at him, he gave a sharp nod.

"It's a good chance to get used to working with each other. Quatre's right."

Duo grinned, looking to Quatre quickly. "Great! When can we go?!"

"Uh," Quatre looked taken back for a moment. "Why don't we have breakfast first, okay?"

* * *
TBC