Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ G-men ❯ Late Night ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Category: AU, Yaoi, Gundam Wing fusion with the X-men series
Pairings: 1x2, 3x4, 5x6/6x5
Warnings: shonen ai, lime-ish, possible sap
Author: Arigatomina
Email: arigatoumina@hotmail.com

G-men

Part 14: Late Night

"Heero?"

Opening his eyes, Heero moved back a bit to look down at the boy who was using his chest as a pillow. "I thought you were asleep."

"Mmm. Heero?" Duo whispered, not looking up. "I came really close to dying today..."

Overwhelmed by the angry possessiveness that surged in him, Heero growled and pulled the American closer. "You didn't. You're fine now."

"I know...but I came really close."

Sighing, Heero wondered what he should say. Then he felt lips move over his chest and froze. "Duo?" Pushing the boy back, he stared at him in surprise.

Frowning, Duo wrapped an arm around the shocked boy's neck. "Come on, Heero. We could both die tomorrow...why are we acting like we don't want each other?"

Eyes wide, Heero shook his head. "I don't know."

"Do you want me?" Duo asked, frowning in frustration. At Heero's sharp nod, he let out an exasperated breath. "Then what's the problem? What are we waiting for?" Not having the patience to wait for Heero to recover from his shock, Duo leaned forward and kissed him. Grunting with approval when Heero's arms tightened around him, he closed his eyes and let his emotions, not to mention raging hormones, guide him.

* * *

Making a tentative effort to move back, Quatre sighed when Trowa immediately tightened his grip. Although he loved being in the tall boy's arms, he was getting very frustrated that Trowa wouldn't talk to him. He still had no idea what had happened to the others and he really didn't want to intrude in their minds when Trowa could very easily tell him. He *had* checked to make sure they were all in the safe-house, but this had led him to discovering the presence of two strangers as well. He knew that Trowa was *extremely* upset, but *he* was getting annoyed.

"Trowa, I can't breath." Quatre's eyes widened in shocked disbelief when he was abruptly released. Then he started to laugh. "You mean that's all I had to say?" he asked as he tried to stop laughing. Looking at Trowa's concerned eyes, he finally calmed himself. "Okay, now that I've got your attention, why don't you explain what *that* was all about?" Glancing down, he saw Trowa's hands twitch and scooted back quickly before he could be grabbed again. There *was* such a thing as too much glomping. "Oh no you don't!" he cried as he got out of grabbing distance. "You're going to talk to me now."

Folding his arms over his chest, Trowa frowned at him for a minute then sighed. "I don't want to talk right now," he said slowly, eyes clouded with a pain that Quatre couldn't decipher. "I...Quatre, I have something I need to tell you. But I'm...afraid that if I do it will change things between us. That's why I want to hold you now. Because after I tell you...I might not get to again."

"Trowa? You can tell me. Anything. You know that, don't you? What could be so bad that would make me leave you? I *love* you." Shaking his head, Quatre slowly inched toward him, ready to bolt if the green-eyed boy made a move in his direction. As much as he loved him, he wanted answers and he knew he wouldn't get them if he was caught again. "Trowa, I know you can read my mind so you have to know that I'm absolutely *certain* nothing you could say will change my feelings toward you. However," pale eyes narrowing, he glared at Trowa, "If you don't start talking to me *real* soon--like five minutes ago--I'm going to go sleep on the couch."

"No you're not!" Trowa cried angrily, eyes widening as he leapt across the bed and grabbed the smaller boy, holding him tight as if he were going to struggle. As it was, Quatre was much too shocked to move, let-alone try to struggle.

"Trowa! What is *wrong* with you!?"

Fury blazing in his green eyes, he slowly loosened his grip a bit. "Wufei's sleeping on the couch and you're sure as *hell* not sleeping with *him*!"

"Oh!" Blushing bright red, Quatre shook his head quickly at the angry boy. "I didn't know! Really. I wasn't saying I was going to...I didn't realize he was on the couch."

Calming himself, Trowa loosened his grip some. "I'm sorry, Quatre," he said softly. Exhaling roughly, he slowly released the boy, moving back until he could lean against the headboard of his bed. "I...I'll tell you. You deserve to know, especially since it's obvious I haven't gained full control over my emotions yet." Looking at Quatre's wide eyes, Trowa willed himself to be calm. //He's here, safe. Sweet and gentle and I'm scaring him.// Motioning for the smaller boy to sit beside him, Trowa waited and wondered if he would. //I *was* out of control.// When Quatre finally moved beside him, Trowa let out a soft sigh and looked down for a minute.

Meeting his wide eyes, Trowa stared at him, expression solemn. "I've known you for longer than you know," he said slowly, nodding at Quatre's confusion. "I first sensed you over a year ago when I was passing your base on my way back from a mission. Quatre, there's something about you that calms me..." Shaking his head, he decided to take a different approach. "Flying isn't my only ability."

Still struggling to get over the fact that Trowa'd known him a year ago, Quatre frowned in confusion. "What else do you have? Why didn't you tell me you'd met me? Trowa. Why the secrets? Is it really that bad?"

"Yes. There is something in me, a fire or something. When I feel emotions I feel them completely. It's overwhelming and powerful, Quatre, and when I first sensed you...that was the first time I was able to control it, my rage. Just being near you enabled me to build the wall between me and the fire." Looking at Quatre's less confused eyes, Trowa stopped. "You don't seem to be taking this badly. I don't think you realize. Quatre, I've been following you for the last year. Except for missions, I stayed where I could sense you, where I could feel your...peace. And as strange as that is, it isn't what I was afraid to tell you. You are sensitive, Quatre, fragile..."

Frowning, Quatre started to shake his head, but Trowa stopped him, reaching out to grasp his chin lightly. "In here," he said, laying the fingertips of one hand on the boy's pale temple. "You feel deeply, and you don't know how to block other people's emotions out. That's what scares me. The knowledge that my fury could hurt you. Destroy you."

"You wouldn't hurt me," Quatre protested, eyes narrowing as he interrupted whatever Trowa had started to say. "Even if your...fury--and I still don't understand what that is--even if it did get out...Do you really believe you wouldn't be able to control it? You said that you stayed near me because I helped you keep a rein on your emotions. Then why would you loose control?" Sorting out what he was trying to say, Quatre held up a hand to forestall Trowa.

"Okay. You're afraid you'll lose control and the force of your anger will hurt me, right?" At Trowa's nod, he shook his head at the pain in those green eyes. "Don't you see? If I helped you control it before it got out, wouldn't I be able to help you once it's loose? Especially if I were prepared. Fragile. Whose mind isn't fragile if something they aren't prepared for attacks? I'm sorry, Trowa, but I think that if you *knew* that your anger was hurting me, you'd control it immediately. I don't believe you'd hurt me."

"I wouldn't!" Trowa cried, trying to get the boy to understand. "Not on purpose! But when I lose control I can't even think. Whatever emotion I'm feeling runs rampant and I can barely control my actions. How could I control my *thoughts* if I can't control my actions?" Looking down, he curled his hands into fists. "I have to learn to control this by myself. When you were knocked out, I ...I went berserk. I didn't care about anything but getting to you. Don't you see? I'm becoming dependent, even more now that you're mine."

Blinking at how nice it was to hear him say that, Quatre had to center his thoughts quickly. "So what do you plan to do? I mean, if the only time you lose control is when you're cut off from me then how could *I* get hurt? If I'm not there then how could I be affected by your anger? Trowa, I don't think you're giving this enough thought. You're not being rational."

"No I'm not," Trowa agreed, still not meeting his eyes. "I can't be rational when I'm faced with the prospect of leaving and not seeing you. I *can't* be rational."

"Leave?! Why?" Eyes widening as pain soared through him, Quatre grabbed the taller boy's shoulder and pulled his head up so their eyes met. "Why would you leave me?"

"Because I have to learn control and that means letting down my guard, the wall I keep between myself and the fury. I can't do that where it could hurt you. I won't."

Still shaken, Quatre suddenly straightened, eyes narrowing as he met Trowa's hurt gaze. "And exactly how do you plan to go to a place where I won't sense you?" he asked angrily. "Now that I know I'll be able to sense you with your wall down, there's nothing to stop me from searching you out no matter how far you go. Don't you get it, Trowa? I'm not going to let you run away from me because you don't want me hurt. And if you try then realize it's just going to hurt me even more because I'll be waiting for you to let down that wall and the moment you do, I'll be there." Trowa's eyes widened as he read the conviction in the boy's mind, and Quatre nodded sharply. "You've had me there for a year, Trowa, but I just found you. And I won't let you go so easily."

* * *

Heero's mind warred with his body as he and Duo kissed. This was what he'd wanted since the first time he'd touched the beautiful boy, yet a part of him was yelling at him to stop. At first he ignored it, tilting his head as he explored Duo's hot mouth, driven by the boy's tongue and the small muffled sounds he made. Then his mind switched from urgent yelling to screaming and he slowly separated from the other boy, meeting his passion-glazed eyes with a reluctant gaze.

The loss of Heero's mouth was not immediately realized. Not until he opened his eyes and saw that they were no longer joined. Blinking in rising confusion, Duo frowned. "What?" he asked, breath coming fast as he barely restrained himself from pulling the Japanese boy back to him.

"You're recovering from the shock of almost having died," Heero said slowly, voice slightly strained from holding in his own lust. "You're not thinking clearly and I won't have you hating me *or* yourself in the morning."

Rolling his eyes, Duo let out a frustrated groan. "I'm not going to hate *anyone* in the morning. In fact, if you hadn't stopped I'm sure I would have been very *happy* come morning. What's the real problem, Heero? Is it you? Are you having doubts about wanting me?" Concealing the hurt that tried to consume him at that thought, Duo glared. "If that's it then tell me now. Don't try to spare my feelings by acting like *I'm* the one with doubts because I *know* what I want."

"Nothing like that," Heero said, shaking his head. "You had a shock and I don't want to take advantage of you." Seeing Duo roll his eyes again in disbelief, he sighed. "And I had a shock as well. As you said, you almost died and there is nothing I'd like more than to take you right now." Duo's eyes shone, and he grinned at his words, not the least bit upset when Heero put a restraining hand on his chest to keep him from moving closer. "*But*...I'm not going to let some crisis ruin my chances with you."

Looking down, Duo's grin turned into a smirk. "Well that's really too bad because I happen to think a crisis is the perfect excuse to get rid of pesky pleasantries and get down to what we really want." Raising his eyes, Duo closed his hand lightly on Heero's wrist. "And if you don't want to take advantage of this crisis then I'll have no choice but to take drastic measures."

Heero's brows drew together, but he didn't resist when Duo climbed off the bed, tugging on his hand until he got to his feet. Confusion shining in his eyes, he looked at the longhaired boy, not voicing his questions only because Duo had opened the bedroom door and he didn't want to wake anyone up. Still not sure if he wanted to know what Duo was planning, Heero nevertheless followed him, moving silently down the hall till they stopped at the door to the shower room.

Opening the door, Duo pushed Heero inside, locking it behind him as the dark-haired boy turned on the lights and frowned at him. "I may not know much about seduction," Duo said with a smirk, "But I do know something that will help you get rid of your inhibitions. I learned it from you." Heero's eyes narrowed and Duo continued with a cheeky grin. "You're sexy as hell when you shower."

Smirking, Heero threw away his reservations and stepped to the boy, closing the distance between them. "I thought you'd like that," he said, voice low. Duo's eyes widened as he saw Heero's smirk and the words registered in his head, then he let out a soft oath and grinned.

"You mean you *knew*?! You knew I was there the whole time..." Glaring, Duo shook his head. "You shouldn't take such risks," he warned, "I came very close to jumping you."

"I was hoping you would."

Heart speeding up as he saw Heero pull his shirt over his head, Duo quickly undid his own, tossing it onto the bench with Heero's. Pausing as he looked at the dark-haired boy, Duo frowned. Heero had sat down on the bench and was watching him, arms folded over his chest, one eyebrow raised. At Duo's confused look, he smirked.

"What are you waiting for?" Heero goaded, "You watched me. It's my turn."

Blushing, Duo cursed his embarrassment. Eyes narrowing, he reminded himself that he could be just as sexy as Heero if not more. Determined to put on a very good show, he smiled a sultry smile and, reaching behind his back, pulled his braid over his shoulder. Catching Heero's eyes, he slowly pulled off his hair tie and started to unbraid his hair, turning his back to the boy when he reached the hair at the base of his neck.

Breath catching, Heero watched as Duo's long fall of hair was revealed, following the unraveling from the tips up to the back of the boy's head. Then he let his eyes move down again as he admired the golden-brown hair, hands clenched to his arms to keep them from moving in response to his desire to run his hands through the shining mass. Throwing a coy look over his shoulders, Duo smirked and, his back still turned, undid his pants and slowly pushed them down.

* * *
TBC