Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 13x1 ❯ Mission ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN - I am so so so so so sorry people I have had a total writers block with this fic, took long enough I know but here's the next chapter, if anyone actually remembers what this fic is, anyway, I won't waste any more of your time, oh, and quite a few people have been asking if I'd abandoned this fic, If this doesn't answer the question then no I haven't and I hope I'll never have a cause to, I really like this fic, updates might take quite a while but rrest assured they will come… eventually.
 
13x1
 
Chapter 11
 
Dermail watched the, still smoking, ruins that had once been one of his more impressive estates, an estate that had recently played host to his nephew, one Treize Khushrenada.
 
The late Treize Khushrenada.
 
From the, understandably scattered, reports that were coming in, the attack had been executed by no less than two gundams, only one of which had been identified at the present time, the Gundam Deathscythe, and, as much as he hated the pilots there was one thing he had to give them credit for… They never did anything halfway.
 
There would have been absolutely no provocation for them to keep Treize alive and plenty for them to kill him, violence was all these animals understood and that was all that they were, animals, granted well trained ones but still…
 
Smirking slightly he sat back in his chair, sipping from a glass of wine that came directly from Treize's personal collection, appreciating the irony as he raised a glass to his nephew, who's demise had just undoubtedly made his job a whole lot easier.
 
Pressing a button to remove the image of his troops excavating the grave of his closest relative he placed the glass carelessly on the desk, uncaring when red sloshed over the sides to stain the wood.
 
Picking up the vidphone he dialled a number from memory and waited until it was answered.
 
“Hello?” The sweet voice and smiling face of an innocent child greeted him and he forced a kindly expression onto his face.
 
“Mariemaia my dear, I wonder if you would be so kind as to fetch your grandfather for me.”
The twist of his features deepened as she left and he smirked as he heard the man on the other end spare a few seconds to scream at his grandchild for picking up the phone without permission. The loud crack of flesh on flesh was heard and the tiny gasping sob of a child that knows she should be making any noise reached his ears, Dekim must be dragging the child with him as he made his way towards the phone. The man appeared alone though and he allowed the distain he felt to shine through as the man on the other end came to the phone.”
 
“Barton…”
 
 
“Treize,” Heero complained again, “I'm honestly not tired.”
 
The former OZ Leader looked at him, narrowing his eyes, trying to decide if Heero was telling the truth or just over estimating his own abilities.
 
Heero opened his mouth to speak and heard a beeping, at the noise the argument was abandoned and the slightly indulgent, joking expression that had settled on his features vanished to be replaced with blankness.
 
Treize's brow furrowed, confused as Heero made his way back down the stairs, knowing better now than to even joke with his lover about his going to bed.
 
“Heero?”
 
He was ignored as Heero walked down the stairs and along the corridor back into the library.
 
“Where is it?” The voice was flat and expressionless, much like the look on his face.
 
Even so the other pilots exchanged glances.
 
“Heero,” Quatre was the one to speak first, hesitantly, “do you honestly think it's a good idea for you to be…”
 
Heero fixed him with a blank stare that caused the blonde pilot to shudder.
 
“Where is it?” He repeated.
 
“Study,” Duo mumbled, and despite the glares the others were now sending him it was obvious that they would too have cracked eventually. The beep came again, seemingly more urgently this time and Heero nodded before leaving the room.
 
Treize made to leave but a hand held up by Wufei stopped him as he watched as Duo did a countdown, five, four, three, two, one, on his fingers, then they all left together. Arriving just in time to hear Heero pick up the vid phone.
 
“01.”
Sally, Treize and Zechs' eyes widened but they all noticed that one of the pilots look particularly surprised.
 
A sharp, `Transmitting mission details now' brought them back to the conversation that was occurring inside the room and an even tenser `Mission accepted,' finished it.
 
Heero ended the call and walked slowly out of the room. Unsurprised to see the others grouped round the door he smirked without humour and muttered “I'm surprised you restrained yourselves against coming in.”
“We didn't need to,” Duo stated confidently, “we were only there to make sure he didn't upset you again. After all, there's no way you're going on the mission.'
 
Heero didn't respond, just turned away and started to walk down the corridor.
 
“Heero?” Duo called after him, suspiciously.
 
The Japanese pilot turned back around, “it's a mission.” He stated matter-of-factly.
 
Duo gaped, seemingly speechless.
 
“And that's exactly why you shouldn't be going on it.” Trowa reasoned.
 
Heero turned his gaze to him, “It's a mission.” He repeated, voice unwavering.
 
“It's obviously a trap,” Quatre rationalised. Trying to make the other teenager see sense.
 
“Maybe not,” Heero alleged, “maybe that's what he wants us to think, he'll wait for us not to go and then attack us here.”
 
“He doesn't know where we are,” Wufei was pointing the facts out this time.
 
“It's a mission.” Heero repeated again, “it doesn't matter if it's a trap or not, he knows I'll do the research and that means that whether they'll be waiting for me or not the place still needs to be destroyed.”
 
“But-”
 
“Heero-”
 
“Do you really think-”
 
“Come on-”
 
“You can't.” The last protest from Treize cut of those of the other pilots and Heero turned to look at him, eyes flashing dangerously.
 
“And why not?”
 
Treize fought not to squirm uncomfortably under that stare even though he was grateful for anything that removed the dead look from Heero's eyes, the look that had been growing rarer the longer they were together.
 
“I won't let you put yourself and our baby in jeopardy Heero.”
 
Heero's eyes seemed to darken further even though his expression didn't change. “You won't `let' me?” He repeated, “what makes you think that you have the right to tell me to do anything Treize, I'm having your baby and now I belong to you, is that right?”
 
Treize's eyes widened and he opened his mouth but was cut off by Sally as she broke into the conversation.
 
“He might not have any right but I do, as your doctor I have the right to forbid you and even the power to sedate you if I believe it is necessary to prevent you from doing harm to yourself or others.”
 
“Sally,” Heero turned to her.
 
“No!” Sally snapped at the unrelenting Japanese teenager. “I have studied pregnancy, it was part of my degree and I found swimming recommended as an exercise suitable for pregnant wom… people,” she hastily corrected, “walking, jogging, hell even sex was mentioned a few times but nowhere in any of those books did I see `sneaking into a high security base, engaging in hand to hand combat with heavily-armed guards intent on your death, before hacking their computer system then assassinating all of the top officials on the base' listed as a good exercise for pregnant wo… people. Not once. No and that's final.”
 
“It's my job…”
“And it's mine to keep you, both of you, alive, no missions Heero. Do I need to sedate you?”
 
The look Heero sent her could have frozen fire. “No.” He ground out as he looked round at the sea of unrelenting faces.
 
“Heero.” Treize stepped forwards again.
 
Heero let out a cold laugh, “You `won't let me',” he repeated chillily, “sorry Treize.” And with that he spun on his heel, back tense and face frozen as he walked away.
 
End Chapter 10
 
AN -Winces- All that time and I give you that, sorry people, but tell me what you think regardless.