Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ After the End ❯ Relationships ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

After the End
By: Brynn Parker
 
----
 
Author's Note: This is going to be kind of weird for me, because it's my first Gundam Wing fic...so be kind with your reviews please. This is probably going to be pretty short, but I never know because my writing usually takes on a mind of it's own. It'll be a followup to Endless Waltz, about how things work out for all the pilots. Pairings will be as follows: HeeroxSienna (my own character), DuoxHilde, TrowaxCarissa (my own character), QuatrexRelena, MilliardoxNoin.
 
 
“Where is he?”
 
Quatre glanced back to see Relena standing there, a sad look on her face. He sighed, unable to believe that Heero could do this to the girl he loved. “He's not here,” he responded, “And I don't know where he could've gone to this time.”
 
“Why?”
 
Quatre turned around to face her. He knew exactly what the girl was talking about: Heero distanced himself from everyone, and nobody knew why. “I don't know why,” he said, “But he seemed upset before he left...he wouldn't say where he was going, or when he was coming back.”
 
She stared into Quatre's eyes, her own beginning to fill with tears, “I told him I loved him...and that I wanted him to stay with me...that's why he's gone now.” She finally broke down and nearly fell to her knees, Quatre running to catch her. “I always mess things up...”
 
“He just doesn't want to hurt you,” Quatre soothed, biting back his true thoughts. Ever since the blonde pilot had met Relena - had really gotten to know how strong and independent she was - he had felt for her the same way she felt about Heero. Sometimes it really hurt to see her heart breaking over another man. It seemed like Heero didn't even care about the wonderful girl that Quatre held in his arms at that moment. “He doesn't treat you right...” he whispered.
 
Relena stiffened and pulled away from him, “Look at me,” she said, running a hand through her hair, “He does this all the time...and I'm a world leader, I mean...I should be used to this by now.”
 
“It always hurts when it seems like the person you love doesn't love you back.” She stared at Quatre and he quickly realized his mistake. “I'm sorry...” he mumbled, “I let that slip out...I'm sorry...”
 
“No, it's true,” she said finally, and then smiled at him, “I need to move on...I need to get over him and find somebody else.”
 
Warring thoughts collided in Quatre's mind. It did seem like Heero loved Relena; he was usually there at a time when she didn't know it, watching out for her, and Quatre almost felt guilty, as if he was committing a crime against his friend. On the other hand, Relena was always unhappy with the silent, unexpressive pilot, and Quatre knew that he could make her happy. He didn't really get a chance to answer though.
 
“Thanks Quatre,” she said, then spun on her heel, pausing at the door, “I'll...keep in touch, alright?”
 
 
Heero walked down the road, thinking of his problem. It was all one big mess, really. He knew that Quatre had strong feelings for Relena, but he also knew that Relena was always following him. He loved the girl, he did, but as a friend, a sister, not as a lover. Heero sighed. He'd never been interested in anything romantic before...he didn't know how it felt, because of the way his emotions had been annihilated during his training. It was strange to see the other pilots, people he'd grown so close to over the years, going their separate ways for relationships and what not, while Heero didn't even know how it felt. It hurt sometimes...he knew that he could have a relationship with Relena, but the feelings just weren't there.
 
He also had nobody to talk to. He'd been staying with Quatre because they were the only ones left without a real home: Duo and Hilde were engaged, Trowa was with that girl at the circus that was like his sister...what was her name...Catherine...and Wufei was with the Preventers. Now, Heero couldn't even talk to Quatre because of how sensitive the blonde was about Relena. He'd changed a lot, becoming more human and emotional as he spent more time with the other pilots, but so had everyone else, except for Duo, who already had it covered, and Quatre, who would always be caring for others. Heero had acquired a sense of humor over the year after Marimaia's revolt, and Trowa had quickly started attracting girls that went to see the circus, turning him into what Duo called a “lady's man”. Things were just completely out of order, and Heero didn't know how to fix it.
 
He sat down at a small table in a restaurant, and was roused from his thoughts by a waitress with long brown hair pulled back in a ponytail and blue eyes. He suddenly had a very strange, burning feeling in the pit of his stomach...very unfamiliar.
 
“Hello...what would you like?” the girl asked. She looked to be about eighteen: probably the same age as Heero. When he looked into her eyes that feeling in the pit of his stomach intensified, making him feel strangely comfortable in her presence.
 
“I would like you to sit down with me,” he blurted out. He suddenly felt like shooting something, which he hadn't done for a long time; weapons no longer existed. Something had made him say that, and it wasn't anything he had any idea about.
 
“My lunch break's starts in about five minutes...” she said, smiling at him. If he could have melted, he would.
 
 
Author's Note: OK, this is to explain Heero's extreme out of character moment. I was thinking about it, and I realized that the gundam pilots were all only fifteen or sixteen during the show, and people can grow and change when, for one thing, there's a major change in their life, or, for another thing, their feelings and mind mature. OK, that's it. Any complaints, give me some constructive criticism, please!!
 
 
By the end of the girl's lunchbreak, Heero had realized what it was he was feeling: he was attracted to her. They'd talked about Heero's problem, and the girl told him that it would probably be best to just let Relena know how he really felt. She said that it was usually much worse to let a girl think that he loved her.
 
“Well, I've got to go,” she said, “I hope I helped a little.”
 
“Oh, you did,” Heero said, smiling at her, “Thanks.”
 
She stuck out her hand, “By the way, I'm Sienna, Sienna Lorrow.”
 
He took her hand and shook it, “Heero Yuy.”
 
She froze in place and he looked at her questioningly. Her mouth opened and closed a few times before she managed to squeak out the words, “Gundam pilot Heero Yuy?”
 
He groaned. This always happened. Ever since he and the others had prevented the revolt, they'd been somewhat like celebrities. He nodded anyway. Sienna seemed like a nice person, and he kind of liked that burning sensation in his stomach.
 
She grinned at him, laughing, “Did you know that I saved your ass several times over project meteor?”
 
He gaped at her. He hadn't been expecting that. She continued. “You guys were so reckless!” she stopped, realizing that he didn't understand. “I was part of the cleanup crew...me and a few others would always go into bases and delete files on you.”
 
“I didn't know we had one of those,” he said, “I...”
 
“Well, I've got to go,” she quickly pulled out a piece of paper and a pen, scribbling her name and phone number on the paper. “We have really got to talk more. This is just...I've never met any of you! So...call me, OK? I'll probably get off work in about three more hours, call me then.” She turned and walked back into the kitchen and he walked out of the restaurant, sticking the piece of paper in his pocket. `So this is what it feels like...'
 
----
 
“Trowa?” Cathy said, pulling him aside after the show. The twenty-two year old girl had a guy about the same age with her, and a nervous feeling bit at Trowa's mind. `Not now...' he thought. “Uh...” Cathy started, “This is Kira, and...we're going to get married. I'm leaving the circus, I just...thought you'd like to know.”
 
Trowa nodded stiffly, reverting back to his old self. He'd been expecting this, but it would still be rough. “That's OK,” he said simply.
 
“You can still come and visit,” Cathy said, reading his mind. Kira shifted uncomfortably at her side.
 
“I will,” Trowa said, nodding and managing a weak smile, “Don't worry. I can manage now Cathy, I won't do anything stupid.” He held up his hands, shrugging. “See, no more weapons to hurt myself with.”
 
Cathy punched his arm playfully, laughing. Trowa sighed inwardly. Cathy really had gotten to be like the family Trowa never had, and it was going to be tough without her. Maybe he would have to go back and live with Quatre and Heero...both of them were single, both his age, so he would have someone to talk to...hmm...
 
----
 
Duo sat down on the couch at Hilde's request, raising his eyebrows. “So...?”
 
“We're going to need to get married soon,” Hilde announced, “I'm pregnant.”
 
Duo's eyes widened and she stared at him, worried. “Are...are you OK?”
 
He stood, then scooped her up in his arms, planting a firm, passionate kiss on her lips. “I'm more than OK!” he yelled, “I am...”
 
“Overjoyed?” Hilde suggested.
 
He nodded vigorously and then kissed her again.
 
----
 
Author's Note: Alright, how'd you like it? Sorry I didn't add more with Duo and Hilde or Trowa. I was going to devote this chapter entirely to Quatre, Relena, and Heero, but I wanted to introduce everything and get you interested...so there you have it! Tada! Please review, I would really appreciate it!!
 
--brynn--