Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ After the End ❯ Insanity ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Insanity
 
By: Brynn Parker
 
----
 
“Relena came looking for you today,” Quatre said stiffly from his seat in front of the TV. Heero didn't really want to talk about it at that moment, but he stopped anyway.
 
“Quatre,” he said. The blonde pilot didn't turn to look at him, which he'd been expecting. “If you like Relena, you should do something about it. I'm not going to stop you, and you should stop wasting your time being angry at me.”
 
Heero kept walking and Quatre frowned, quickly turning around, but the other pilot was already gone. Quatre sat back again, thinking about it. For one thing, he didn't know why he hadn't realized that before...and for another thing, what had compelled the emotionless brunette to say that?
 
He shook his head, getting up, suddenly feeling like a hand was squeezing his insides. He picked up the phone, staring at it for a minute before dialing her number.
 
“Hello, this is Ambassador Peacecraft's office, how may I help you?”
 
Quatre gulped, “It's Quatre Winner, I would like to speak to the Ambassador please.”
 
“Just a moment, I'll put you through to her office. I'm sure she'd want to talk to you.” The woman sounded like she knew something that Quatre didn't. He sighed. Women...
 
“Quatre?” It was Relena. Quatre gulped again. “This is Relena.”
 
He got his nerves back and told himself not to stutter before he started talking. “Hi Relena...I've been doing a lot of thinking...and I thought that maybe you might like to go out to dinner with me...tonight?”
 
She was silent for a minute and Quatre started to worry. “Like a date?” she finally asked.
 
Oh crap. Was this a good sign or a bad one?
 
“I would say so,” he said nervously, his voice cracking. He thought he heard her laugh and he sighed, laughing. “You're making me nervous.”
 
She laughed outright and he just knew she was smiling. “Tonight?” she said, “What time?”
 
He let out a sigh of relief and she laughed again, “Six.”
 
“Alright Quatre,” she said, “I'll see you then.”
 
“Bye Relena,” he said, hanging up the phone. He turned around to see Heero leaning against the wall, emotionless as ever. “Thanks,” Quatre said, smiling.
 
A smirk crept across Heero's face before he walked across the room. “I need to use the phone.”
 
----
 
Trowa finished changing out of his circus costume and pulled on a brown jacket over his white shirt and jeans, then slung his backpack over a shoulder. The eighteen year old sighed after waving a quick goodbye to Cathy. It hurt to see her with that Kira guy, even if Trowa and Cathy had never been romantically involved. Trowa had been the only man in her life for years...and now she was getting married.
 
How was he supposed to deal with that?
 
He pulled out his cell phone as he walked out of the auditorium that the circus had been inhabiting for the night, dialing Quatre's number.
 
“Hello?” It was Heero, and he sounded a little agitated. Trowa smirked.
 
“Hey Heero, it's Trowa,” he said. After getting used to normal life, Trowa had found that it was very fun to annoy Heero. The other pilot took everything seriously, making it easy to get on his nerves. “I need a place to stay tonight...Cathy's getting married, and I think she wants me out of the house...might as well leave tonight.”
 
“Well, there's no room for you here,” Heero said, sounding even more annoyed. “Look, Trowa, I'm trying to make a call here...”
 
“Oh come on,” Trowa said, taking his time, “You want me sleeping out on the streets or something?”
 
“Why don't you go get a hooker or something...spend the night with her...” Heero grumbled.
 
“Never done it, never will,” Trowa said, “Why, you have a suggestion? Why would you think I would do something like that?”
 
Heero was getting angry, and it didn't seem like he was going to let up. “You know, you and women...I would have thought you got desperate one night,” Heero shot back.
 
Trowa frowned, “Let me talk to Quatre.”
 
“He's not here,” Heero said, “He's on a date with Relena.”'
 
Trowa paused for a minute. Relena...? “Alright, I'm coming over, whether you like it or not,” Trowa said, hanging up and not giving Heero a chance to protest. Relena was going out on a date with Quatre? What about Heero...and who was Heero so anxious to call?
 
----
 
Heero almost destroyed the phone when it rang for the second time while he was trying to call Sienna, but he painstakingly pushed talk and put the phone to his ear. “Hello?” he said, gripping the table angrily.
 
Duo's voice rang out over the line and Heero wondered if he should hang up. “Quatre isn't here right now, Duo,” he said stiffly.
 
Duo stopped him from hanging up, “Whoa Darth Vader, wait a second! I can talk to either of you, doesn't make a difference! I've just got some great news!”
 
Heero didn't say anything and Duo sighed. “Come on Heero, ask me what it is...”
 
“What is it?” Heero asked, gritting his teeth.
 
“Hilde's pregnant!” Duo yelled, “I'm going to have a kid and you're gonna be an uncle!”
 
Heero thought about it for a minute; he would've smiled had he not been trying to call Sienna for almost ten minutes. “I'm going to be an uncle, huh?” he asked, amused.
 
Duo sighed, “Oh come on, you're supposed to be more excited about this,” he said, “Of course you're gonna be an uncle!”
 
Heero finally smiled, “I'm really happy for you Duo,” he said. This whole real life thing was really getting to him. Three years ago he would've never acted like this. “Now, I need to call someone...”
 
“A girl?” Duo said slyly. Heero knew that Duo would've been raising his eyebrows if they'd been talking in person.
 
“Yes, a girl,” Heero said.
 
“Well, Hilde's calling,” Duo said, “Good luck with your date, Uncle Heero.”
 
Heero rolled his eyes as Duo hung up the phone and he finally got to call Sienna.
 
----
 
Author's Note: I know it wasn't much, but I'm already planning what's going to happen next and I'll update really soon. I'm soooo sorry I didn't update sooner, I was having writer's block! And now I have to go update my FMA fanfic...damn, this is aggravating.
 
Anyway, hope you liked this chapter, I'll update very very very soon I promise!
 
WhiteWolfKyoko: Thanks for your continued reviews, I'm so sorry I didn't update sooner! I hope you liked the new chapter!
 
Zeros lost soul: I'm glad somebody reads HY x OC stuff rather than all the HY x RP stuff people have got...I just don't think it's meant to be. Hope you enjoyed this new chapter!
 
Savannah B: I'm glad you liked it, thanks for your review!
 
So review now if you're reading this...pleeeeease!!
 
--brynn--