Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ After the End ❯ Chance Meetings & Introductions ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

First Dates
 
By: Brynn Parker
 
----
 
Quatre rang the doorbell at Relena's big, expensive house, tapping his foot nervously and wondering if he really should've done this. He knew that he had feelings for Relena...but should he really act on them?
 
“Quatre!” she said, smiling brightly at him. He couldn't help it as his eyes traveled down her body and then back up to her face, taking in the beautiful dark blue sweater and jeans, her hair pulled up into a loose ponytail. The clothes fit her body so nicely...
 
She giggled and he blushed, snapped out of his reverie. “You want to come in?” she asked, opening the door wider and walking back towards a little table as he walked in the house hesitantly. “How do I look?” she asked, giggling again.
 
“G-g-great,” he stammered, blushing. He had next to no experience with girls; of course, he'd grown up in a wealthy household and had been taught how to properly treat a lady, but this was Relena - the girl that he'd been waiting for as long as he'd known her.
 
She looked into his eyes, smiling a little. “Quatre, you don't have to be nervous around me,” she said seriously, “You know I...I just got over Heero.” He sucked in his breath at that, getting a little more uncomfortable. “So can this just be a little relaxed...you know, going out as friends?”
 
He smiled, nodding. “Sure, Relena.”
 
Of course, he wanted to be able to hold her...kiss her...but he wanted her to be comfortable, and if that meant he couldn't touch her, it was fine.
 
They had all the time in the world.
 
“So what do you have planned?” she asked, linking arms with him in a friendly way. Just touching her at all sent a shiver through Quatre, but he tried not to let it show.
 
“I don't know,” he said, “Where do you want to go? This was...well, it was a spur of the moment thing.”
 
“Oh...” Relena said, nodding as she got into the passenger seat of Quatre's car, shutting the door loudly and turning towards him. “Let's just drive and see what happens.”
 
He smiled at her and drove away from the house.
 
----
 
“Hello?”
 
“Is this Sienna Lorrow?”
 
“No. May I ask who's speaking?”
 
Heero sighed. “Heero Yuy.”
 
The girl on the other line giggled and Heero felt a blush creep onto his face. He'd just put himself into a completely uncomfortable situation, and by the way things were going already, Trowa would probably come in at any minute. “So you want to talk to Sienna?” the girl asked, a hint of laughter in her voice.
 
Heero frowned. “Yeah,” he said bluntly. He didn't pride himself on phone etiquette.
 
Obviously, the girl didn't either. Without even moving the phone away from her mouth, she shouted, “Sienna, I've got a Heero Yuy on the phone for you!” Her voice quieted down again and she started talking to Heero. “So are you like, the Heero Yuy?”
 
“Yeah, now where's Sienna?” Heero snapped.
 
She ignored him. “I'm April, Sienna's roommate.”
 
Next thing, Heero heard some rustling on the other line and the annoying girl shouting before Sienna sighed into the phone. “Sorry, that was my roommate.”
 
“I know,” Heero said, completely at a loss for what to say, “Well...I called.”
 
“I'm glad!” Sienna said, “So do you want to get together sometime?”
 
He stood there for a minute. Was this girl asking him out on a date...? “Uh...”
 
“I just want to talk. I mean, I know so much about you but so little...it's insane that we met like we did, don't you think?”
 
“I don't know,” Heero said.
 
“How about tonight?” Sienna continued.
 
“Yeah.”
 
“It's a date!”
 
She wanted to go out on a date with him? Heero's heart did a few cartwheels in his chest. “Uh, OK...”
 
“Where do you want to meet? How about Tony's...you know, that restaurant I work at? I get a discount!”
 
“Sure,” Heero said, “Meet you there in half an hour?”
 
“Yeah, OK. Bye!”
 
“Bye.”
 
He hung up the phone and stood there for a minute before standing there silently and wondering what he should do. He'd never been out on a date before...
 
----
 
Trowa sat down at a table in the nearly empty Italian restaurant, sighing. Heero had probably locked all the doors and barricaded himself into Quatre's house by now, and Trowa didn't really want to bother the grumpy pilot too much. He still wasn't taking it easy...Trowa didn't understand the guy. He was still mean, violent, and mostly unemotional, while Trowa himself had already adjusted to a normal life. Of course, he still worked at a circus and tamed lions for a living...but that was more normal than being a gundam pilot. Anyway, it had been more than two years since that last battle, and Heero should be settled in by now.
 
Trowa looked around the restaurant for any pretty girls that might have come in while he was thinking. It seemed like girls had become his obsession after firearms had been outlawed, because he needed something to obsess over. And Trowa had found the girls were sometimes even more interesting than battle. You never knew what they were thinking; you had to do exactly the right thing to get them to go out on a date with you.
 
He at last caught site of a pretty girl with long black hair sitting alone at a table. She was eating some spaghetti while typing on a silver laptop, the light from the screen reflecting off of her glasses. She wasn't really the type that Trowa usually went after...but he was strangely drawn to her. He got up and walked over to the table, tapping her on the shoulder politely. “May I?” he asked, gesturing to the chair across from her.
 
When she turned, his eyes widened in recognition, and she followed suit. She jumped up, putting a hand out to keep her balance.
 
“Carissa?” Trowa asked incredulously. He knew this girl...
 
“Trowa!” she said, “Oh God...I thought you were dead after...” She threw her arms around him, hugging him tightly.
 
Carissa Parker; part of the cleanup crew for the gundam pilots. She'd been assigned to wipe out files for he and the other pilots that he had been planning on attacking the very same night. He remembered that night fondly...they'd seen each other a couple more times, but then he'd been cast into outer space after his fight with Heero in the Mercurious, and he hadn't seen her since. They were so affectionate because they'd been as much of a couple as two teenaged soldiers could be before he'd disappeared. It had been a very...very serious relationship.
 
“People are staring,” he said, blushing. The few people in the restaurant surely were looking at them, and Carissa blushed too.
 
“Let's go catch up at my place,” she said, quickly putting away her laptop and the grabbing his hand and leading him outside.
 
As soon as they were a little away from the restaurant, he spun her around quickly and caught the laptop with his hand and her lips with his own. Old feelings were resurfacing, and Trowa couldn't help himself as he let out years of longing in the kiss, putting the bag down carefully and wrapping both of his arms around her.
 
“Get a room!” some people walking past said, and Carissa quickly pulled away from him, blushing, but kept her arms around his neck. She quickly recovered from her embarrassment and gazed up at him, a dreamy look on her face.
 
“I meant talking...when I said catching up,” she sighed out, her breathing heavy. She smiled, blinking. “You've learned how to kiss.”
 
“You too,” he said, “You haven't been waiting for me?”
 
She frowned suddenly, pushing him away from her and picking up her bag, then turning on her heel and walking off. “We have lots of catching up to do...”
 
He walked after her, running to keep up with her. “Carissa, what's wrong?” he asked, catching her hand.
 
She spun back towards him, tears brimming in her eyes. “We were in love!” she shouted at him, surprising him a little, “Why didn't you try to find me?”
 
“I couldn't!” he said, “I searched everywhere for your alias, which I supposed you would be found by, and then I searched your real name, and you weren't there! I didn't know how to find you...and how was I supposed to when that director woman had you and the others on such a short leash?”
 
Carissa stared at him a minute before sighing and running a hand through her long, wavy hair. “We really need to talk.”
 
----
 
Eighteen-year-old Karma Green grinned triumphantly as he put the last piece on his new gun, picking it up and gazing at it lovingly. “So what do you think, Bee?”
 
The Director smiled. “Good Green, very good...”
 
----
 
Author's Note: Ah, a cliffie! And more new characters! So here's the list of new characters so far...
 
Sienna Lorrow - part of the clean-up crew, met Heero at the restaurant, brown hair, blue eyes.
 
Carissa Parker - part of the clean-up crew, Trowa's old girlfriend, black hair, purple eyes.
 
April ??? - Sienna's roommate
 
Karma Green - hmm...who could it be?
 
The Director, Bee - another enigma!!
 
So there you have it!! Sorry, I just love creating new characters for Gundam Wing...it desperately needs interesting people!! More about the relationships later...next chapter will be called “First Dates”!!
 
Thanks to my reviewers. Which I don't get very many of...but if you like Full Metal Alchemist, read my fics for that, or Inuyasha, read my fic for that...I like reviews and I like readers!!
 
LemonadeChick: Interesting good or interesting bad?
 
WhiteWolfKyoko: Heero got to call Sienna! Yay! ^_^ And I just love the Quatre/Relena pairing. I think they'd go well together.
 
Zeros Lost Soul: Yay!! You've got a user on Fanfiction.net now!! ^_^
 
Buu-Huu: Not many reviews... : (