Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Death Becomes Him ❯ Cappucino Clouds ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Gundam Wing is copyright...Sotsu, I think it is, and I don't own the GW boys, if I did I'd have my own personal GW bishounen harem...heheheh....

---------------------------
WEDNESDAY:

Shi-chan: Before you get this chapter, you get to put up with my ranting. How fun! Read on...

Tonight, night of nights as the halfpoint of the week should be, young Shi-chan settled at her computer to skip through ff.net before Gundam came on, as she did every night, Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Yet, upon this not-so-ordinary night of Wednesday the 13th, Shi-chan was struck by realization...that in 18 minutes and 4 seconds the ending of the familiar pattern of these last 15 weeks or so would finally sink in--


Yes, Canada aired GW episode 49 last night...and thus, on this lonely Wednesday with the rain screeching outside the window, Shi-chan will soon now leave her computer and turn on the TV, to find that her nightly ritual has been disrupted...Gundam is over, and there will be no new episodes for her to enjoy. Suddenly there is a void at 12:00 a.m. where, Allah forbid, she may end up watching episode 1 tonight. (And she hates episode 1. Episode 3 is the one she wants.)

So...cruel...


o-wa-ri




Duo: *cries* That was...so...emotional!
Quatre: *sobbing* On with the fic...

---------------------------

Death Becomes Him
~By Shimegami-chan
Part 23

WARNING...SHOUNEN-AI...AND LOTS OF FLUFFFFFF.....
*Shi takes a moment to compose herself*



Back at the house, Duo took Trowa's advice and went for a walk until they had gotten a chance to speak with Heero about the incident the night before. Duo happily agreed, it would give him some alone time to think things over.

Deciding against going to the cliff, Duo went to the playground instead and sat down on a swing. The early-morning quiet was eerie...it was too early for Duo's taste, considering how much sleep he'd been getting. He was also quite hungry, and ended up heading to a little cafe to get a bite to eat.

Duo hadn't been in the place before, but he suspected Quatre would have liked it. It was a small building painted on the inside with browns and golds and blues, with several little booths and a bar-type tabletop facing the window and the street. The American style of the food and the atmosphere was enough to put Duo in a great mood, and he ordered a cappucino and sat down on one of the stools. His cold hands quickly, automtically, began plaiting his chestnut hair into its usual long braid.

There were people out there now--the quiet street had quickly turned into a bust day downtown, much to Duo's delight. He wasn't in the mood for peace and quiet anymore, he wanted to listen to the beat of the music and enjoy his coffee, and then maybe walk down the street and watch all the people passing by just enjoying life. It was a beautiful day to think like that, it was a little cold but Trowa's turtleneck sweater was pleasantly warm and the young American ended up rolling up the sleeves to his elbows.

Despite the cheerful mood that had suddenly enveloped him, Duo still felt compelled to think about everything that was happening. Things didn't seem to add up right--what was going on with his phasing? First he couldn't return to normal, and now he couldn't phase. He hadn't tried since they'd left to go to the hospital, and Duo reminded himself to check on that later.

Then there was the hospital in itself. They had already been in the car by the time Duo realized that no one would be able to see him, even if he wasn't phased. But Wufei had dragged him in kicking and screaming, and the receptionist had heard his panicked cries. Everything from then was just a blur...him making fun of the orderly, the meeting with Sally, the discussion with Quatre...Duo was suddenly glad he had gotten a little time to himself to think. About all that...and Heero.

Heero was still an unknown in Duo's mind. The boy had loved him and then hated him and then loved him and then beat him up...and then kissed him. Had Heero's mind completely shut down? Duo wondered if Heero had maybe been close to believing in him when they encountered three nights ago. Heero had kissed him back, hadn't he, touched him and worried over him before he had snapped? That time with Quatre by the fire--just after Heero's suicide attempt--and when Duo had first realized that Heero was completely oblivious to him...even though Heero had been ignoring Duo's presence, Duo had to wonder if his subconscious just wasn't *letting* Heero see Duo.

And then Duo wondered if he wasn't just trying to shift the blame so this didn't come off as being *Heero's* fault...Duo didn't really want to beleive that Heero Yuy held anything more than happiness for him. It was easy to forget the beating last night,--well, except when he attempted to move--since Duo and Heero had combat-trained together before, and the young Japanese pilot was a lot stronger that he looked. Heero usually won their sparring matches, but he knew when to stop--he couldn't hurt Duo any more than was necessary for training, lest his 'Duo-chan' become royally pissed off at him.

//That'll heal,// thought Duo idly. //I'm more worried about *emotional* scars...// Then again, Duo Maxwell had always considered himself a strong guy. After what he'd gone through in life, he had to. Heero wasn't as fragile as he looked, of course, but the poor pilot had been through hell and back many a time, and the wounds from this one were still all too fresh. Duo hoped Quatre and the others had gotten something out of him. Or maybe Heero was still plotting suicide?

//Over my dead body,// Duo thought angrily, and laughed aloud at the irony. //Aiya...//

The lithe American pilot finished his cappucino and rolled down his sleeves, still grinning. //We'll work this out. Somehow!//

Singing merrily to himself, the braided boy made his was down the street, smiling at random people and stopping to 'ooh' and 'aah' at the window displays of the stores. "Always dreaming never mind everything else...maybe you can go on well, so go on well!" The rich baritone voice made heads turn, to Duo's delight. He walked as slowly as he could in the chill, staying for a moment to play with a tiny puppy held by a young girl, to scrawl 'Shinigami was here,' in condensation on the windows of parked cars, to admire the happy couples walking arm-in-arm in their own little world. Heero and Duo had a world like that, Duo knew, but in it *he* did most of the talking and spent his time staring into Heero's colbalt eyes. Those eyes were capable of holding so much expression and emotion when Heero wanted, and Duo was glad to know that those sparkling blue mirrors were meant only for him. He sighed and imagined Heero's strong, warm arms around him, and somehow just the thought of Heero now was enough to bring his spirits to an all-time high. Despite his little soldier's absence right now.

"...the chance is right before you, it's all right it's surely OK!"

//These are the things I should be enjoying, right?// Duo asked himself. //If I'm here, why make myself miserable? I'm happy enough now that no matter what happens, I think I'd smile through it all.//

He frowned and thought of several things that he definitely *wouldn't* smile to see, but those thoughts were quickly pushed out of his mind by happy daydreams, and Duo decided it was worth his while to try and drag Heero down here someday to walk for a while, maybe at night when snow had begun to fall and the streets were brightly lit and colorful.

He was singing quietly now under his breath. "It's all right, it's perfectly OK!"

Duo Maxwell grinned again and flung his braid over his shoulder--high on life and ready to face the world.










-------------- -------

Shi-chan: o.O Ooooh...fluffy...
Duo: Kinda cute. ^_^
Shi-chan: More evil stuff coming tomorrow....until then!
Duo: Daijobu, kitto OK!