Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Death Becomes Him ❯ Cliché ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Gundam Wing is copyright...Sotsu, I think it is, and I don't own the GW boys, if I did I'd have my own personal GW bishounen harem...heheheh....

---------------------------
THURSDAY:

Shi-chan: Nothing to do at all tonight, yay!
Duo: Maxin' and relaxin'....
Shi-chan: And writing fics. ^_^
Duo: -_- Why did I figure you were gonna say that?

---------------------------

Death Becomes Him
~By Shimegami-chan
Part 24

WARNING...SHOUNEN-AI...CUSSING...
Author's note: I forgot to mention that two chapters back, there was something confusing there...in Japan it is sometimes beleived that if you sneeze it means someone is talking about you. This is why Heero did this. ^_^ Okay?





Quatre, Trowa, and Wufei were trying their best to get answers out of Heero.

All the Japanese pilot had been able to offer to them was 'This is none of your buisness,' and 'Hn.'

"Heero, I know the situation with Duo is upsetting," Quatre said, "but we need to make sure you're all right! Please, just talk to us!"

"Leave it alone," growled Heero. "Nothing's happening with Duo. Why would anything be, ha! You're speaking about the demon. Nothing's happening. I tried to kill him. I failed. Why should it matter to you?"

Trowa shook his head stiffly. "It matters if you're going to put your lives in danger--your own, or Duo's. We can't let you do that."

"I'm still deciding on that...not like you would be able to stop me."

Wufei crossed his arms. "Your acting like this is doing horrible things to Maxwell, you know."

Heero let out a chuckle. "It's not like I can control it, Chang. This is difficult for me too. I don't know whether I can really beleive that this is my Duo, and not some cruel trick being played on me by Fate. It's hard, so very hard..."

"It's been Duo all along, Heero! We swear!" Quatre looked pained.

"If it's Duo," Heero asked testily, "how can you explain those eyes? They're the only reason I've let myself hope that I might have been wrong, seeing the determination and love and worry in his eyes last night. My Duo is a fighter. I don't know if I came to my senses last night, or took leave of them. But when he really let me have it, and I stood back up, I really could see Duo in there. Pride. Persistance. And I think maybe he was laughing that he took me by surprise."

"This whole situation has been terrible for him." Trowa said quietly. "You turned him away, you thought he was a demon. We need to know what you think now."

"It's hard to pass judgement on him now, " said Heero. "I...I think I might realize that it really *is* Duo, and then what will I do? At least if he's a demon I can escape. But what if it really is him? And...I think it really *is* him. But I can't think that. I don't dare. Maybe they'll take him away again..."

Quatre enfolded the stiff Japanese boy in a hug. "Heero, you have to do what you think is right. Duo will forgive you for the things you've done...and if Duo has to go again, at least you'll know that you can let him this time, and have a proper good-bye. You're only causing everyone pain by pushing him away like this."

"Maybe you're right." Heero sighed. "When he comes back...I'll talk to him."


------------------------


Duo peeked through the trees to make sure no one was watching, then concentrated hard.

Good, he was transparent again. Maybe his little phasing problem had cleared up.

Just to make sure, he turned solid again and cringed as the leather wings pushed out of his back and hung high above him, eclipsing what little sunlight was coming through the forest canopy.

//Phasing still working....wings still working...good so far...// The American sighed in releif and tried to pull the huge wings back in, but with little success.

"Oh, shit."


------------------------


Against his better judgement, Duo phased again and shot up into the sky on the feather-light wings. When he was as high as he could get he started to fly as quickly as possible back home, praying that they wouldn't disappear on him.

//What's happening to me? This is not good at all...//

Moving more quickly, he spotted the house just below and began to drop toward the ground. When he was about five feet up he concentrated and turned solid again, and to his half-surprise-half-dismay the wings simply disappeared and he ended up on his backside on the grass.

"Well...that save me the trouble of having to explain the things to Heero and Wufei..." Duo sighed and vowed not to use any more of his abilities until he was able to control them again. He turned the doorknob and walked in, his good mood only slightly dampened by the events of the past five minutes. "Oi, minna-san!"

Wufei came downstairs to greet him. "We've been talking to Yuy...he wants to talk to you now..."

The American boy kicked off his black boots and turned up the heat in the house. "Thanks, Wu-man." He then bounded up the stairs to the room he had shared with Heero.

"Hee-chan?" Duo poked his head in the door.

Quatre and Trowa smiled at him and then made their exit, leaving Heero and Duo alone together.

"Duo." Heero's pale face was unreadable.

"Yatta, Hee-chan! You mean you don't think I'm the demon any more?" Duo threw himself at Heero and glomped him.

Heero patted the other boy's back and looked into the shining violet eyes. //That's the Duo I know.// He gave Duo a soft smile.

Duo almost burst into tears. "OhmygodImissedyousomuch! Oh, Heero!"

/How could I ever have believed he was anything else?/ Heero thought. /Those eyes.../

Duo was quietly crying in relief now. //Please don't push me away again...//

Heero tipped the American's chin up and kissed those soft lips he had been longing for. Duo looked a little surprised but returned the kiss, reveling in its warmth. Heero was here, Heero beleived him, everything would be all right.

"I'm so sorry I hurt you," Heero said quiety. "I just couldn't let myself beleive that I had such a weakness. I've caused both of us so much pain."

"No...I'm perfect right now..." Duo sighed, loving the feel of Heero's strong arms around him. "As long as you're here I can get through anything!"

"I know you can, little one." Heero chuckled. "But with you I seem to stop functioning altogether."

"I've always been right here." Duo laid his hand against Heero's chest, over his heart. "Cliche, huh?"

"Yes. But it's easier to beleive that sometimes." Tears were falling freely from both their eyes now.

Duo kissed Heero again, drinking deeper and deeper. "Don't ever stop beleiving that, okay?"








-----------------------< br> Shi-chan: Abrupt ending. I have things planned for the next chapter...
Heero: Do I want to know?
Shi-chan: Probably not.
Heero: Damn.
Duo: *grins*