Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Death Becomes Him ❯ Floating Teacups and Phasing Floors ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gundam Wing is copyright...Sotsu, I think it is, and a few other important companies and people, and I obviously don't own these wonderful bishounen.

---------------------------
MONDAY:


Duo: Damn, I was hoping you'd forget.
Shi-chan: I'm enjoying this too much. I have a hilarious idea cooked up for Wufei.
Duo: Hai..let's get to it then!

---------------------------

Death Becomes Him
~By Shimegami-chan
Part 8
SHOUNEN-AI, SAP, ANGST, MINOR CUSSING, ETC, ETC, AND TRUST ME THERE'S A REASON BEHIND THE THING WITH HEERO!


Back at Quatre's place, the three boys were reminiscing in the kitchen. Quatre was incredibly pleased he didn't have to keep Duo's secret all to himself anymore, having Trowa there carrying on normal conversation with Duo was a great releif.

Duo looked up when Quatre reentered the kitchen. "What's up Q-man?"

"He's asleep upstairs in your room. He seems a lot better now...thank Allah..."

"Great! That takes a bit off my shoulders." Duo was happily enjoying a cup of hot chocolate.

Quatre took a seat at the table and stirred sugar into his cup of tea. "I'm glad."

Duo raised the cup to his lips again and took a sip. "Damn...too hot.."

Trowa raised an eyebrow. "You ought to have added water."

A familiar voice spoke up. "Letting your guard down as usual. Weaklings."

Quatre sat straight up. "Wufei! Good to see you!"

Wufei graced him with a slight smile. "You also, Quatre. I've finished my mountain training, at least for a while."

"Good old Wu-man, never quits." Duo beamed at Trowa. "He been gone long?"

Wufei suddenly focused right on Duo. "What the hell?!"

Duo jumped in shock. "Not again! Can you see me too?"

"Quatre...I may hallucinating...but there is a levitating teacup over by the counter." Wufei pointed at Duo.

"What are you...oh." Quatre finally realized that Duo was still holding his mug of hot chocolate. "Umm..."

"Teacup? Oh!" Duo gingerly laid the cup back down on the counter behind him.

"Wufei? Are you all right? I don't see anything." Trowa saved the day again. He stood and went to Wufei's side.

Wufei pointed at the mug. "I could have sworn...forget it. Perhaps my eyes have been weakened by lack of sleep." Wufei looked tired, it was true. There were dark circles under his eyes. In fact, none of the other pilots had seen the Chinese boy since Duo's funeral.

"Aw, poor Wu-man...hmm...I just had a thought." Duo grinned.

"What a relevation." Trowa said dryly.

"Hee. I've got an idea." Duo hopped over beside Wufei and waved his hand in front of his face.

"Um...what are you..." Quatre didn't like the look on the American's face. He tapped Wufei on the shoulder lightly, and then he disappeared.



-----------------------------



//Wufei.//

/Who's that?/

//Just a friend.// Duo skillfully lowered his voice until he barely recognized it himself. //You're seeing things. You need sleep.//

/I'm hallucinating./

//Yes, you are. Go to bed and get some sleep.//

Duo was on the other end of the possession trick this time, watching with avid interest as Wufei nodded at Trowa and Quatre and backed out the door. "I need to rest awhile, I beleive. We'll discuss things in the morning."

"'Night, Wufei." Quatre stared right into Wufei's eyes, and it gave Duo the shivers. Wufei walked upstairs and lay down on the bed.

/A floating teacup. How stupid and weak of you to see such a thing!/ Wufei taunted himself. Duo did not speak, just listened curiously to the Chinese boy's thoughts. Wufei carried out a short argument before falling silent.

Duo left Wufei's body and hopped down on the floor. "That's the most interesting thing I've seen all day! The look on Wu's face when he saw the teacup..." It was priceless. He ran back downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Duo, I hope you didn't do anything to him!" Quatre scolded. "He's been a wreck lately!"

"I didn't do anything at all. I just told him to go and get some sleep." Duo shrugged.

"Didn't he know it was you? Oh. He thought he was going nuts, great."

"No, actually he didn't recognize my voice." Duo laughed. "I just said, you're hallucinating, go to bed. And he did. After a brief arguement with his own consciousness-not with *me,* but with *himself*--he just fell asleep. It was actually pretty funny." Duo returned to his mug of hot chocolate. "Mmm, it's cooled down."

"I guess it's safe for us to talk here, with the two of them asleep. I was worried about Wufei too." Quatre frowned.

Duo nodded. "Yeah, Wu-kun looked a little stressed. He'll probably be back to himself by morning."

"Hai." Trowa finished the last of his tea. "Shall we wait until morning then, and see how they're doing?"

"Sure. I can tell you right now, I'm not sleeping on the couch again. I'd rather have the floor." Duo looked saddened.

"Go ahead and take one of the spare bedrooms, if you like, Duo. It's on the third floor." Quatre smiled.

"There's more rooms?" this brought the grin back to Duo's face. "Sugoi! I'm going to bed then, I got *no* sleep last night!"

Quatre waved at him. "Good night, then. See you in the morning! Make it to breakfast if you can..."

"Got it!" Duo ran out and up the stairs. He inspected each of the guest rooms and selected one that looked like it had a comfy bed. He jumped on it, clothes and all. "Blissful sleep!"

Then, he fell into dreams.



----------------



Duo was standing on the edge of the cliff where Heero had looked out not that long ago. He looked around, but could see his koi nowhere. "Heero?"

No answer.

Duo sighed and started walking back toward the house. How had he gotten out here anyway? All he remembered was the fluffy bed...and darkness.

Suddenly Heero came running from the opposite direction. Duo's face lit up. "Heero!"

Heero paused to stare darkly at Duo. "You left me."

"What?" Duo gaped at his lover.

"You left me all alone. Now I'll leave you all alone." Heero picked up speed and ran towards the edge of the cliff.

"Shit! Heero, no!" Duo bolted towards the Japanese boy and caught him by the waist as Heero launched himself off the edge. They sailed out into open air.

Duo willed his wings to appear, willed himself to fly, float, anything to stop them from falling into the icy water again, but nothing happened. No wings were sprouting from his back, and Duo thought for a fleeting moment that he might be alive again. He tried to phase himself, but his hands were as solid and real as they had been not-that-long-ago-forever. The world was moving in slow-motion. The empty air couldn't hold him. He began to fall...

//Am I alive, only to die again?//

Duo Maxwell screamed in agony.



----------------



"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" the animal scream tore from his throat like no sound he had ever heard as he hit the rock-hard water. The water seemed almost to reject him and he lay on top of it, dazed. Duo opened his eyes.

White ceiling. Light fixture.

A dream.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" a high-pitched shriek bellowed from underneath him and Duo jumped in shock and landed on the cold floor.

Chang Wufei thrashed in bed and threw the bedclothes on the floor beside Duo. "Maxwell, what the FUCK do you think you're doing?!?!?"

Duo stared.

Wufei did a double take. "Maxwell?!?! Shit! I'm hallucinating again!" The Chinese boy leveled a pistol at Duo's forehead. "Leave me alone!"

"Now, Wu-man, calm down." Duo soothed. //That nightmare I was having. I must have phased right through the bed and the ceiling.// "Don't do anything rash."

Wufei was trembling and practically crying. "Get away from me. Get the hell away from me!"

Duo gritten his teeth. "Wufei...get a hold of yourself. It's really me. Duo. You wouldn't shoot me would ya?!?"

"Don't tempt me...demon." Wufei spat.

"Wu...not a demon, just your regular old God of Death. You're having a nightmare, or something, or...Wu..."

Wufei was about five shades paler than he should have been. "You're dead. I was there."

"Hey, so was I. But I'm here now, aren't I?" Duo edged closer. "You're flipping out. I'm sorry, I fell through the ceiling. Must have scared the crap outta you. Now put down the gun."

"You can't fool me." Wufei didn't falter. "You're not Duo. Duo's dead. Stop screwing with me!"

Duo jumped back. "Fei-kun! Take it easy, I'm not here to hurt you. Seriously."

"Then go the hell away." Wufei pulled the trigger and Duo fell into a miasma of pain.







------------------------

Shi-chan: Well, damn. Think I could swing just one more chapter tonight?
Duo: You just got me shot...
Shi-chan: Give me an hour or so, and Chapter 8 will be ready to go. Arigatou!