Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Death Becomes Him ❯ Sweet Torture ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Gundam Wing is copyright...Sotsu, I think it is, and a few other important companies and people, and I obviously don't own these wonderful bishounen.

---------------------------
MONDAY:


D uo: Last one for tonight.
Shi-chan: Yup. Definitely.
Duo: Ikimashou!

---------------------------

Death Becomes Him
~By Shimegami-chan
Part 9
SHOUNEN-AI, SAP, ANGST, CUSSING, CITRUS, GUNDAM BOY TORTURE, UNCLOTHED DUO, ETC, ETC!
Um...in this part we get a 'lil bit graphic, at least for my standards, but nothing that would even vaguely qualify as lime or lemon. It's just a bit more than what you'd usually find in my writing.



Duo sunk to the floor, clutching his injured leg and groaning. "Shiiiiit....what'dja do that for?!?"

Wufei stared at the gun, stared at the crimson blood staining the floor.

"Well, fuck. Fuck fuck fuck." Duo pressed his hand against the wound as hard as he could. The bullet didn't seem to have hit any major arteies, he was glad to note. He probably wouldn't be able to walk on that leg for a while though.

Wufei stared at the gun.

Duo looked up. "Damn. Uh, you okay, Wu-man?"

The Chinese pilot didn't answer. He slid to his knees and reached a shaking hand out, dipped it in the pool of blood. Duo watched in horrified fascination.

Wufei held up his bloodstained hand. "This isn't what killed you. You're stronger than that."

"Uh...thanks, I think." Duo grinned weakly.

"You weren't as weak as they were. How could you be so strong? How could you be such an idiot and be so strong?!?" Wufei yelled.

The confused Duo shook his head. It seemed that everone was losing their minds lately. No big surprise. He reached out and took Wufei's hand and held it in his own. "Wu-man?"

"Duo, am I dead?"

"No. But you just about killed me....again."

Wufei blinked. "Oh, Nataku...Duo, are you okay?"

Duo grimaced. "Flesh wound."

"I don't understand." The Chinese pilot tore a strip off his shirt and tied it around the injury. "Duo, I'm so weak."

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Duo retorted. "This is my fault!"

"I can't face my fears...I'm still not. I'm afraid you're going to disappear from right before my eyes. I was afraid of what you might be...or might not be."

"Daijobu, Wu-man, I shouldn't have come crashing down on you like that."

"You know, Maxwell, you owe me a huge explaination." Wufei clutched Duo's wrist as if assuring himself that it was really real. "Have I dreamed the past few weeks, or am I dreaming now?"

"It's a long story, Wu. Long, and complicated."

Suddenly Quatre came barging into the room, breathless. "Did you hear--!?"

Duo looked up, concerned. "Hear what?"

Quatre stared at the pool of blood surrounding the two boys on the floor. "Oh, Allah..."

"Oh! That. Um, Wu-man and I had a spat. I'm fine." Duo lifted his hand from the bloody peice of cloth. "Sorry if we woke you guys up."

"No problem." Quatre knelt down. "What happened?"

Duo looked embarassed. "Ano...I had a nightmare about Heero. I tried to phase in my dream and ended up phasing right through Fei-kun's ceiling. He got a rude awakening."

"I beleive I mistook Maxwell for an intruder." Wufei said stiffly. "So I shot him."

"My own fault." Duo grinned. "On the plus side, Wu-man can see me too! I think maybe you might be right about the possession thing, although I don't know why it didn't work on Heero."

Quatre sighed. "Oivey..."

Duo looked slightly alarmed. "We didn't wake up Heero, did we?"

"I don't think you even woke up Trowa. I'm in the room next door--" he pointed at the wall "--but it took me a minute to figure out where the shot came from."

"Good." Duo was relieved. "I'm going to bandage this up and get some fresh clothes. Could you explain what's going on to Wu-man?"

"Sure, and I'll get this cleaned up." Quatre grimaced. "That blood's going to stain the floor. Are you going to be okay?"

"Fine, fine." Duo stood and limped to the door. "I'll just sleep on the couch again and save myself the trouble of climbing the stairs again. I might wake up in the kitchen tomorrow morning, watch out." He shot Wufei a grin. "See ya tomorrow, buddy. Let's see if you thought it was a dream!"

Laughing despite the pain, Duo closed the door and left the sputtering Wufei behind.



------------------------



The American boy dripped blood all the way back to the bathroom and his own, familiar room. Heero was sound asleep--looking peaceful for once--and facing the full-length mirror on the closet doors, making it seems as though two Heeros dozed peacefully in the large room.

Duo sat on the floor and peeled off his blood-slicked black pants to inspect the shot wound. It didn't seem to be too bad, then again Duo hadn't actually been shot very often. He wrapped gauze around it to stop the blood and removed the rest of his clothing, tossing them in a soaked heap on the floor. He was glad it wasn't carpeted.

Standing on his good leg, Duo opened the large closet and shuffled through the stacks of Heero's clothes for his own, but could find none.

Duo frowned. His stuff had been in there yesterday, hadn't it? Had Heero taken it out? Damn.

The lithe pilot limped his way back to the bathroom to get a robe instead, pausing for a moment to run a brush through his chestnut hair. The beautiful brown waves were streaked with red now, much to Duo's dismay. He didn't dare get a shower until his leg stopped bleeding at least.

Duo checked behind the door, but his robe was missing. He had worn it just that morning. What's going on?

Had Heero finally flipped out, and thrown out all of Duo's stuff so he wouldn't have to remember? Duo hoped not. At the moment all he was wearing was his gold cross necklace and his hip-length chestnut hair, unbraided. The Deathscythe pilot slowly limped his way back to their room and checked the closet once again.

Nothing.

He closed the door in dismay and jumped when he found Heero Yuy's colbalt eyes staring over his shoulder into the mirror. Duo's knees dropped out from under him rather abruptly and he stared up at the Wing pilot for several long seconds. Heero just....stared. Gazed into the mirror at the sapphire eyes.

Duo climbed to his feet. "Heero?"

The dazed pilot did not react. Was he sleepwalking?

Duo almost cried then and there. Heero's glazed eyes stared at everything and nothing, stared through Duo, stared through themselves. It was like everything that had made Heero alive had just leaked out of them.

The Deathscythe pilot came up behind Heero and looked over his shoulder into the mirror. "Heero...God, I wish you weren't going through this. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry."

"He left me." Heero said coldly to his reflection. "You'd come back to haunt me, eh, Duo? It's sweet torture. It's like I could reach out and touch you, but you'd melt away in my arms. Turn to dust. Don't you know, I couldn't take that? I could join you. But I'm a coward, Duo, a coward. I'm dead. The only person left is the Perfect Soldier, and the Perfect Soldier doesn't love anyone. Heero Yuy is dead."

Duo was struck speechless. "Heero..."

Heero screamed in torture and slammed his fist against the mirror, shattering it into a thousand peices. "Heero Yuy is DEAD!!!"

"Oh God, oh God..." Duo was trembling now as Heero raged. "Heero...please don't do anything stupid..."

"NOOOOOO!!!" Heero threw himself at the wall with incredible force, and Duo heard a sickening crack. The Japanese pilot slumped to the floor unconscious.

"Heero!" Duo cried, running to his lover's side. "Oh God, oh God..." The American checked Heero's pulse--normal. Despite the violence he had employed, there was no visible injury on his tear-streaked face or on the side of his head. Duo held his koi in his arms, shaking and sobbing, rocking back and forth. He couldn't stand to see Heero in pain. He ran his slim fingers through the brown hair, kissed the tears away, kissed the soft pink lips he had been hungering for. Heero moaned--in pain? pleasure?

Duo couldn't stand it anymore. He gave in to the feelings raging within him, anything to stop the loneliness and fear bottling up inside him. He kissed Heero passionately, begging his forgiveness aloud, asking him to wake up, please, anything if Heero would just wake up and look into his eyes! But Heero just lay there, his head lolling against Duo's bare chest, his cold fingers slack in Duo's. God, if anyone walked in on this, Duo thought, they'd be scared shitless. Duo was sitting naked in the middle of the floor with blood gushing out of his injured leg, chestnut hair unbound and flying all over the place. Heero was unconscious in Duo's lap, blood streaming from his injured fist and numerous cuts on his arms. There was glass everywhere, stabbing into Duo's bare legs and sparkling on the floor from the moonlight streaming in the window.

Duo finally put his hand behind Heero's back and sat him up, still cradling him and rocking back and forth. Heero raised a shaking hand to touch the wild chestnut hair and sunk his fingers into it, sending shivers up Duo's spine as well as making him start in surprise.

Duo looked down and saw a glint of the sapphire eyes he longed for. "Heero! Ohmygodyourokayyoureokay--" Duo, swamped with relief, kissed Heero as though he never would again. Heero's warm lips pressed against his, warm and inviting, they invited Duo to come join them. The ice-blue eyes were closed again, shut tightly in ecstasy. Duo just took in all the pleasure, the warmth, the touch he'd been missing, the slim hands running through his hair, the strong arms curled around his waist. He had missed all of that so much. He just sat there and took it all in.

"I miss you." Heero said finally. "I need you. But you're going to melt away on me aren't you? Like the others. The Duo in bed with me. The one with pain in his eyes, how did you get such pain in your eyes? That's how I know it's not real. I can love you tonight for that sparkle, but I can see Death just behind. I'm the Perfect Soldier. I don't love. The part of me that loved Duo died with him.

Duo didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry, my little reaper." Heero continued. "Stalk me if you will. I've seen you. You won't seduce me, I've slept with Death too many times already. He'll be coming for me soon, don't you see? You can't taunt me much longer." He gave a satisfied smile. Then the ice-blue eyes closed and he went limp in Duo's arms.

Aa, Gods, is this my punishment, finally? My own personal heaven, my own personal hell?

Duo stood and carried Heero over to his bed. In that case, you're not getting me without a fight.










---------- --------------

Shi-chan: I just had the most horrible idea, and I am deathly afraid that I may actually write it.
Duo: *Fell asleep during GW and never woke up to help with the rest of the fic* Zzzzz....
Shi-chan: Let's just say that this fic might be turning very dark and lime-ish and weird very soon. Ye gods, it turned dark already! What have I done?!? Aw, nuts...there's more swearing, kissing, and citrus in this chapter alone than in the rest of my fics all put together. Oh dear.