Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Death Becomes Him ❯ Frozen ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gundam Wing is copyright...Sotsu, I think it is, and a few other important companies and people, and I obviously don't own these wonderful bishounen.

---------------------------

WEDNESDAY:

Shi-chan: I am trying my damned hardest to get two chapters out every night! Whew!

Duo: Come on, you know you like staying up till 4 a.m. on school nights...

Shi-chan: Tell that to my math teacher when I fall asleep in class.... o.O

Duo: Saa...get to work! Hurry!

---------------------------

Death Becomes Him

~By Shimegami-chan

Part 13

WARNING! BAD HUMOR AHEAD!

Duo yawned and stuffed a fourth piece of pizza down his throat. "Aa, I'm so tired..."

"Not enough sleep." Trowa said with finality.

"Yeah!" Quatre giggled. "Duo, you didn't get your prescribed 23 hours of sleep a night and now it's catching up!"

"Oi, oi..." Duo grinned and put his forehead down on the table, letting his arms hang limp. "I'm feeling better now...I have food and my own clothes. Thanks a lot, by the way, Q-man."

"No problem. Heero threw them down the laundry chute." Quatre raised an eyebrow. "That guy..."

Duo groaned. "You know who else isn't up yet? Wu-man. Maybe I scared him more than I thought."

"Nah, Wufei's hard to scare. But I think I'll check on him." Quatre stood up and exited the kitchen, leaving Trowa and Duo alone.

Duo smirked into the table, and somehow Trowa knew. "Duo...what are you planning?"

Duo sat back up and put his arms behind his head. "Well, first I was gonna take off all my clothes and sit on the ceiling fan, but I think I might scar him for life or something. Then I thought maybe I could go inside his head and change my voice and talk to him, make him think he was flipping. But with Wu-man...he might actually flip. So now I have another plan...you've got decent hearing right? Let me know if you hear then coming back, okay?"

Trowa nodded and Duo returned his head to the table. A few minutes passed and the Deathscythe pilot fell asleep, bringing a chuckle from Trowa at the soft snoring.

A clatter on the staircase. Trowa shook Duo gently. "They're coming."

"Usooooooo!" Duo gave a great yawn and sauntered over to the fridge. He opened the door, phased his body, and crawled in, sitting Indian-style on the top shelf. "Close the door, would you, Trowa?"

Slightly curious, Trowa walked over and shut the fridge door. "What are you planning?"

"You'll see." Duo's voice took on a positively wicked tone. "Just make sure he opens the door before Quatre does."

Trowa shrugged and returned to his place at the table. Quatre and Wufei entered the room together.

"Barton." Wufei nodded cordially at Trowa.

"Morning, Wufei."

Quatre cast a glance around the kitchen. "Where's--" he stopped short. "Where's, uh, my favourite teacup gotten to?"

"It's in the sink." Trowa gestured behind him.

"Teacup..." Wufei looked kind of dazed. Quatre trained a concerned gaze on him. "Fei-kun, are you all right?"

"Uh, yes." Wufei sat down. "I don't think I've been getting my quote of sleep."

"Really?" Trowa looked at him with interest. "But you went to bed so early last night..."

"Having nightmares?" Quatre asked with sympathy.

Wufei looked kind of ticked. "I've been seeing things. It must side effects of my training."

Quatre clucked his tongue. "What have you been seeing?"

"Nothing...nothing." Wufei looked really mad now. "Just things that make me weak. I'm sure they won't come back."

Quatre looked sad. "I've been dreaming a lot about Duo."

Wufei's face froze. "About Maxwell?"

"Yeah. Don't you miss him, Wu-kun, even a bit?"

"I don't want to admit it, but not having the braided baka around is a little odd." Wufei's face almost looked...just a little...sad.

Trowa spoke up. "I've been dreaming about him too."

"You have?" Wufei gritted his teeth. "Last night, I dreamed...that I killed him..."

Quatre looked shocked. "No!"

"Hn. It was an accident, but there was so much blood..." Even Wufei looked disturbed now. "Let's talk about something else."

"It's good to get your feelings out in the open." Quatre stated.

Trowa frowned. "You don't look so great, Chang. Maybe you should get something to eat."

"You may be right," Wufei sighed. "I'll do that." He stood and fixed himself a cup of tea.

"Milk's in the fridge," Trowa said helpfully.

"Thank you." Wufei went over to the refrigerator and opened the door. Then he closed it.

Quatre noted the Asian turning about six shades paler than he should have been. "Wufei?"

"N-n-n-n-n-othing..." he stammered.

Quatre and Trowa came up behind the Chinese boy and Trowa threw open the fridge door. Inside sat Duo Maxwell, faintly glowing with blue energy, sparkling ice crystals already starting to form on his chestnut bangs. He looked up in agony at the three boys. "You killed me!"

Wufei blanched even more. "Maxwell!"

Duo reached out with his shivering blue hand, brought his fingertips within an inch of Wufei's face. "Chang Wufei, you are the one responsible for my death!"

Wufei passed out.

----------------

Duo: Heh...good idea, Shi...

Shi-chan: Thank you. More tonight!