Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Everbody Breaks ❯ Points of View ten ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Points of View : Part Ten
Companion piece to Everybody Breaks written
from the other pilot's POVs.
By Kai


Disclaimer: Nope, I don't own Gundam Wing - and trust me - the boys are VERY thankful for that fact. I mean, could you imagine owning the G-boys? *GRINS*

Ratings: NC-17 (sexual content, bondage, yaoi, and language.)

Warnings: Yaoi, 1x2x5x3x4 and variations thereof.

SPECIAL THANKS TO (drum roll please).... Z, for being my awesome and wonderfully talented beta-reader!!!

Summary: If you ever wondered what the other pilots felt when everything was happening in Everybody Breaks, now is your chance. Hope you like this.

Points of View: Part Ten
By Kai
Duo's POV
 
We didn't really get a chance to talk to Fei after the Squad Leaders surrendered.  Everything was moving too quickly.  The Liberation Front members were taken into custody and a bomb squad was sent after the nextrix.  Heero was needed to help Agent Sebastian with the video footage and do a brief report on how he'd managed to do what he'd done.  Quatre had to make some of those 'calls' he did so well though he didn't explain what he was doing them for.  Non of us wanted to leave Wufei along, but Trowa and I needed to make our own report and update Eric and Agent Jordan so they could tell the media something to keep them occupied for a while but, since our part of the mission had been together, we weren't both needed for the report.  Trowa had just given me a quick look that neatly said a number of things, before jogging over to where Eric was.  I'd long ago discovered that the reason Trowa didn't speak often was because he didn't need to.  Everyone could understand him just fine without words.
 
So I stuck by Wufei, watching him for any signs of a breakdown or stress, but I didn't see any.  For the first time since I'd met him, he actually seemed comfortable in his own skin - and it was a damn sexy thing to see.  He reassured the Maganacs and the Imperial Guard that he was in one piece, gave Eric and Agent Jordan a brief report, oversaw the prisoner transfer personally and made sure that everyone - prisoners and guards - knew how to contact him if there were any problems; and somehow he managed it all without dealing with the media circus - but that could have been due to the fact that Relena, Master Xiang, and Quatre had offered to hold a press conference in a few hours, so the reporters were scrambling to prepare for it.  After Wufei had done everything he felt he had to personally do at the scene, he insisted on going to the hospital to make a report to Lady Une.
 
When we arrived there was a bit of an uproar.  It took a couple of minutes to get all the details but apparently, Sally had woken up and wouldn't rest until she had found out the conditions of the others.  And once she discovered everyone who could have been in charge was injured, she'd demanded to know who the Acting Commander was.  When she'd found out it was Wufei... well the shit had hit the fan, in a major way.  Not even having Commander Une speak with her had helped.  So, instead of going to report to Une as he'd planned, Wufei went to visit Sally instead.
 
It was almost comical to see her giving him a physical examination when she was the one in the flapping hospital gown as well as bed ridden.  She couldn't really sit up very well, but she fixed that minor irritation by ordering a nurse to raise her bed.  As soon as she was satisfied that Wufei was sound in body, if nothing else, the sudden pulse of energy abruptly left her and she quickly fell asleep soon after - much to her husband's relief.
 
Wufei's visit with Une was further delayed because he insisted on checking on the others.  He didn't give me a reason for the decision but he didn't have to, I already knew.  It wouldn't be fair or honorable if he checked on Sally but no one else.
 
Noin was doing better.  They'd already started growing new skin over the burns.  I was a bit surprised by that, but the medical treatment had improved rapidly over the last hundred years - especially with regards to burns.  Coming from L2, I hadn't really known a lot of things were even possible until I'd joined up with G.  Medicine and hospitals weren't big on treating orphans and the poor - unless they could pay somehow.  Thankfully, Quatre was trying to fix that with some of the WEI charities.
 
It would still be about six months before she'd be ready for active duty.  Even after healing, physical therapy took forever.
 
Zechs was visiting with her when we showed up.  The doctors had saved his arm but it seemed that he wouldn't have as much mobility as before.  He wasn't likely to be back at Preventers for ten months, at least as they had a couple more operations planned for him.
 
We weren't able to see Tabitha though, because she was going through some treatments.  From what her husband said, however, she seemed to be improving.
 
By the time we got to Une, I expected to find her doing much the same as the others - resting and recuperating.  I really should have known better.  We found her propped up in bed, wearing Preventers issue work-out clothes, with paper work spread around her.  A fax machine, vid-phone, and laptop had all been installed and there was a desk in a corner where a secretary was diligently at work typing something up.  On every available flat surface was a TV tuned into various news channels.  There were four in total.
 
And the look she gave us as we came in told me that things were about to get interesting.
 
********************************
 
Quatre's POV
 
Heero finished his report before the scheduled press conference, something I was grateful for because I wanted to have someone with me as I represented Wufei.  Relena, Master Xiang, and I had already gone through everything and I understood where Wufei was coming from and what he was doing.  Dorothy understood what Relena and Wufei had done as well and everything that it could mean... that didn't mean that either of us liked it however.  It made me wonder what my other lovers would think... and I wasn't entirely sure what the answer to that would be.
 
So, after the press conference, where Relena, Master Xiang, and I repetitively told everyone that the marriage was legitimate, that both Relena and Wufei had been friends for a long time and held a great deal of respect for each other, that they both respected the bonds of matrimony too much not to give the marriage a try, and that Wufei really was serious about being the Head of the Dragon Clan and the official leader of L5 - once it was rebuilt; I dragged Heero to a secure location and locked the door behind us.  He'd been like a statue through the entire conference, and I'd been unable to sense anything from him beyond very brief flickers of emotion.  There had been worry, but I had no idea what it had been for.
 
After Heero was certain that the area was safe, he turned to me with such a lost look on his face that I couldn't stop myself from wrapping him in my arms.  "He's really going to go through with everything then - the marriage and becoming the leader of L5 and the Dragon Clan?"
 
I smoothed his unruly hair down, though I knew from past experience that it would only spring back to it's original position.  "According to what Relena said, and she has no reason to lie us about any of this."
 
Heero shook in my arms, something he hadn't done since the four of us had finally worked things out, and it frightened me.  Every time it'd happened in the past, he'd gone and taken some stupid risk afterwards.  The injuries he'd sustained he'd deemed as his punishment... he'd never explained what those punishments were for.  His voice was choked, but I knew there would be no tears on his face.  "So we've lost him."  The words were so dead that my heart froze in sudden fear, even as I cursed myself for being such an idiot.
 
"No!  He and Relena spoke about us and Dorothy.  Their marriage will be political only.  He's still ours.  And as for him being Lord Wufei; we'll just do what we did for me."
 
"But WEI..."
 
"My sisters would kill me if I forced them back into retirement so soon.  I'll still be CEO but my duties are going to be focused on business ventures on the rebuilt L5 colony.  I already have some of my sisters working on a proposal to try and get the rights to the construction of the colony.  Wufei should have it by this evening."  Heero pulled back a little and just sort of stared at me, a small smile hovering over the corners of his firm mouth - as if he weren't sure if it were really okay to actually give into it or not.
 
"You, Duo, and Trowa made the decision to stay with me because my responsibilities to WEI wouldn't let me leave it.  But the situation for me has changed and I have more freedom now, but Wufei doesn't... and like the three of you weren't willing to give me up, I'm not willing to give him up... so we take what we have and make it work for us.  I made some calls in order to do just that.  Unless you or the others have some objection..."
 
Heero shook his head almost hard enough to give himself whiplash.  "None."
 
"Alright.  Now all that's left for us is to find out what Duo and Trowa think and inform Wufei of our decision."
 
Heero tilted his head to the side slightly, causing his hair to caress his face and make my lower half stir, but we didn't have time for that.  His voice held a note of curiosity in it.  "You're not going to ask him?"
 
"No, because he doesn't have a choice."
 
Something in Heero's eyes seemed to find solid ground again.  "You're right.  He doesn't."
 
I got to my feet and helped him to his.  "Let's go find our lovers, shall we?"
 
He nodded, already falling into mission mode.
 
****************************
 
Trowa's POV
 
I'd finished what I'd needed to do in time to catch the last of the press conference on TV. For the first time since Wufei's wedding speech, I let myself think about what that speech meant, and I felt no small amount of fear and worry at the implications.  There was no way I could choose between staying by Quatre's side or Wufei's.  And alternating between the two would mean being away from both Heero and Duo during certain, likely lengthy, periods, and all of that depended on whether or not Wufei's honor would allow us to remain lovers while he was married to Relena.
 
My stomach begun to burn painfully and something must have shown on my face because Commander Warren insisted I go home and get some rest.  I didn't make it to the house, though, I only made it to the restroom where I curled up in one of the stalls trying to ignore the way the pain seemed to tear through my insides.  In all the excitement I'd forgotten my pills so I had nothing to make the pain go away.
 
The pain was so bad that I barely noticed when my phone started ringing and then it took everything I had to answer it.  "Barton."
 
"Trowa?  What's wrong?" 
 
Quatre's voice... I ended up curled around the phone, breathing harshly through gritted teeth.  "Ulcer..."
 
"Where are you?"  His tone had gone from concerned to business-like instantly as if a switch had been hit.
 
"HQ... restroom, main floor, far stall..."
 
"Your pills?"
 
"Forgot..."
 
There was a pause.  "Heero has some.  We'll be right there, hang on."
 
The phone went dead as it fell to the floor and I just tried to concentrate on breathing through the pain and not thinking.  Neither of which really worked.  I kept thinking about the things I would miss about the others and some of those things were the things that actually drove me crazy... like the way Duo would wear his shoes all over the house, the mission-like way Heero treated his job of caring for me when I was sick, the way Quatre's hands and feet would sometimes turn to ice in the middle of the night, or the way Wufei would get a slight frown on his face when he was thinking of doing something on his own without our help when he knew he should ask for help.  And the more I thought about all those things, the more certain it seemed that if we split up that it would become a permanent thing.
 
I was aware that my face was wet from tears, but I couldn't work up the energy to care.  Even when I heard the stall's door ripped from its hinges and felt gentle hands propping me up or someone firmly coaxing my mouth open and the familiar feel of pills in my mouth and throat, I couldn't seem to stop.  When a second set of arms wrapped around me, I buried myself into the warmth until I could begin to make out words.
 
"Wufei said the two of them would meet us at the safe house."
 
"That's good... he's still shaking, Quatre.  I think I'm going to have to carry him out to the car."
 
Strong arms cradled me close and I felt myself lifted but I didn't care who saw so long as they didn't leave me.  I didn't even bother trying to open my eyes.  I just cuddled closer and let myself drift off.  Heero would take care of me, even if he did treat it like a mission.
 
******************************
 
Duo's POV
 
Une had let us know in no uncertain terms just how she'd felt about the whole situation and Wufei had taken it to a point before dropping his own bomb.  It was difficult to keep from laughing out loud at the look on Une's face.  And suddenly she was almost begging him...
 
Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to fully enjoy the show because my phone rang.  I moved to the door, so I wouldn't bother Une and Wufei, then answered it.  "You've reached Maxwell.  Shoot now, bury the bodies later."
 
"You have to get back to the safe house now; with Wufei."
 
Even if I hadn't recognized the phone number I would have known that voice anywhere.  It wasn't just Quatre's voice, it was Zero System Quatre's voice.  Normally it was best to just follow orders and ask questions later, but the only time that voice made an appearance was when one of us was hurt.  So, against whatever so-called survival instincts I had, I questioned.  "Who?"
 
"Trowa.  He thinks we're going to lose Wufei."
 
The air left my lungs and I suddenly couldn't seem to breathe.  I'd been doing really good at not thinking about any of that.  I even had to lean against the wall to stay upright.
 
"Duo?"
 
I knew I should answer, but I had no air to do it and the world was swimming around me slightly.
 
"Damn it, Duo, breathe!"
 
Quatre's order caused me to gasp in a lungful of air but my body wouldn't let me make a sound.  Danger... you had to be silent or you'd die just like... just like...
 
Strong arms pulled me against a firm chest.  "Duo?  What's wrong?"
 
I shook my head, still unable to get any air.  Wufei had only seen me like that once before but it was enough to let him know what was happening.  He turned me around and pressed his lips to mine, breathing into my mouth with his dark eyes open and staring into my own.  For a moment, my mind and body forgot everything else but the fire in those eyes and the air got through somehow.  He quickly grabbed my phone and demanded to know who it was and why they were calling.  Moments later he told Quatre we'd meet them at the safe house as soon as we could.  Then he pulled me into an empty room next to Une's and pressed me up against the door, kissing me as if there was no one in the world but the two of us.
 
When he pulled away from me his eyes found mine again, not  allowing me to look away.  "The four of you are mine, Duo.  I will not let you go.  If the four of you wish to be rid of me you will have to pry yourselves from my cold, dead fingers because I will not leave you.  I love you, and nothing will ever change that.  Nothing."
 
There was no real way to be able to argue that; none.  I just fell into him, shaking slightly.  Trowa had his ulcer, Heero had his weird rules and suicidal punishments, Quatre locked his emotions away and worked himself to death, and I, when I sensed emotional danger, my lungs froze up - unless I had something to keep myself occupied.  It had something to do with danger finding you with noise and safety being in silence.  And what easier or tell-tale way of finding a person but the sound of their breathing?  It'd taken a long time for us to figure that one out.  Damn, but we were a messed up bunch.
 
Wufei just held me a minute, before finally talking.  "We have to get back to the house so we can straighten all this out.  Can you get the car while I let Une know that we're leaving?"
 
"Sure."  It came out a bit harshly, but I got another kiss for the effort.
 
Pulling back he gave me a smile that turned my bones to jelly.  A look like that should be illegal.  "I'll be down soon."
 
*********************************
 
Heero's POV
 
One of the Maganacs, accompanied by an Imperial Guard, drove us back to the house.  So I was able to hold Trowa the entire drive and listen to Quatre explain his half of the telephone conversation I'd overheard in the bathroom.  For some reason it surprised me that Duo had, had an attack as well but after I thought about it, it really shouldn't have because, unlike Quatre, the three of us had no way of effectively solving the situation we were in.  And outside of Quatre and myself, no one knew about the steps Quatre had already taken to solve the problems we were having.
 
It was a good thing that Duo and Wufei were meeting us at the safe house, because we needed to sort out all the misunderstandings.
 
The house was buzzing with activity, not just because of the increase in security but because of the extra phones being hooked up for the phone calls that were coming in from L5 survivors or those who were interested in the rebuilding.  I continued upstairs to our bedroom, while Quatre spoke to Rashid about the situation and asked the Maganac leader to make sure Wufei and Duo went directly upstairs once they got to the house.
 
Once in the bedroom, I stripped myself and Trowa down to our underwear and laid on the bed under the covers with Trowa held securely in my arms.  The door was left unlocked for Quatre, but I'd place both my gun and Trowa's within easy reach.
 
When Quatre came in ten minutes later, he wordlessly undressed and crawled in on the other side of Trowa.  Wrapping pale arms around Trowa's tanned chest and lightly brushing my own arms as he did.
 
Even though the door was unlocked I was already starting to feel better, though I wouldn't feel a hundred percent until Wufei and Duo joined us and the door was firmly locked behind them. Twenty minutes later that they came in with Wufei automatically locking the door behind him as Duo pulled off every last stitch of his clothing and dove in next to me, his chest pressed tightly against my back, lips pressed softly to my neck.
 
Wufei didn't undress right away.  Instead, he stood at the edge of the bed, gazing down at us in such fierce possessiveness that even a socially inept, emotionally crippled person could have sensed it.  "Just to set something straight.  You are mine and I am yours None of this has changed that.  My heart, as scarred and battered as it is, belongs to the four of you, and that is never going to change.  As to L5...the colony won't be fully functional or livable for at least a couple of years and that's after we've gotten funding for it and all the permits have been signed.  Until then, I'll be living on L4 with you, with brief occasional visits to Relena to keep up appearances.  Relena and I both consider this a political marriage and one that works out the best for both of us.  I need an Heir for the Clan... this is a solution to that, as well as, a solution to her having children without unnecessary intrigue interfering with her and Dorothy's love life."
 
I felt Duo and Trowa tense in surprise at that last part about Dorothy and Relena but Quatre was calm and relaxed.
 
Quatre spoke into the silence, voice firm and certain.  "When you do move to L5, we'll be joining you there."  He ignored Wufei's puzzled expression as he continued.  "I can set up a branch of WEI on L5, along with some businesses to help stimulate the economy.  Since they'll be new, I can personally oversee them and WEI's many charities while my sisters take care of the day-to-day running of WEI.  I'll still be CEO, but I'll be free to deal with things I'm actually interested in.  Besides, once Wufei has an Heir... well that won't just be Relena and Wufei's son or daughter, that child will be our child and I don't want to miss our child growing up."
 
I didn't miss Trowa's soft 'our child'.  It just confirmed what we'd thought.  Trowa did want children, but what caught me off-guard was when Duo said something similar.
 
"And every child needs to have at least one or two siblings... we could adopt, maybe..."  It came out like a soft, almost forbidden, wish.
 
I glance up in time to see Wufei's face soften.  Growing up I'd always wanted a brother or sister to play with... we'd be a real family then, wouldn't we?"
 
Family... I liked the sound of that and I was sure I wasn't the only one.
 
****************** AUTHOR'S  NOTE ***************************
 
Well, even though EB and POVs is finished, there are still the side-stories I'm thinking of doing... so if you wanted to see something that you didn't get to see, all you'd have to do is ask and I could try and write it for you.  I'm already planning to write a piece from Rashid's POV... I think it'll be funny... but we'll see what happens.  Just send me your requests, okay?