Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ First Times ❯ Arriving Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing: Bandai and Sunrise Entertainment does. If you have any questions or comments please email me at bhollan2@hotmail.com

WARNING: This is a Yaoi fiction. If you do not like that type of thing then please leave now. You have been warned. I will not tolerate any flames concerning this fanfiction. 1x2 pairing. Rating: NC-17.

This is also my first Gundam Wing ficcie so please be gentle. Ummm. OOC as a precaution. ^_~ Hope you like it and if you see any mistakes let me know. It hasn't been proofed yet. Ja Ne!!



First Times

By: Wildfire's Flame

Duo paced nervously through the small safe house, a frown on his normally smiling face. Heero was late. He was never late, and Duo had a nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach. He felt queasy just thinking of the numerous possibilities that could have befallen the Wing pilot. Heero could take care of himself, Duo knew that, but lately the young pilot had seemed distracted. Duo was sure that there was something bothering his partner, but he was at a loss as to what that might be. Running his hands haphazardly through his long unbound hair, he curled up on the window sill and peered out at the gathering darkness. "Heero, where are you?"

Heero's mission had been simple. He was to infiltrate the enemy base, steal a small prototype laser and then destroy the base. No big deal, or so he thought. He got in just fine, which should have tipped him off that something was up. It was never this easy before, but Heero shrugged it off. He was impatient to get back to the safe house and out of the cold night air. Sighing, he hacked into the computer system and found the location of his target. Walking there briskly, he became one with the shadows that seemed to be everywhere in the base. Acquiring the laser, he prepared to head for Wing Zero, when he heard the telltale sign of a gun being cocked. He froze for just an instant before throwing a blade at the man, felling him without a sound. Knowing he had been found out, he raced the rest of the way back to where he had hidden his Gundam. He had almost reached it when he felt a searing pain shoot through his left shoulder. Gritting his teeth, he pulled himself up into his cockpit before programming it for takeoff. Strapping his harness on with his right hand, Wing Zero jumped skyward in an rapid effort to get away. A minute later, the hidden base blew sky high, highlighting the evening sky with orange streaks from the fires that dotted the surrounding foliage.

Placing his right hand over the gun shot wound, Heero realized that it wasn't really helping. The flow of crimson liquid continued to spill between his fingers. He sighed when he thought of how Duo was going to react to seeing him bleeding. The Perfect Soldier was never supposed to mess up or so everyone believed, but Heero was anything but perfect, far from it. He had flaws too, and Duo was one of his major flaws. Heero shook his head trying to clear the haze that was forming in front of his cobalt blue eyes. I can't pass out right now. I must hold on for a few more minutes. He could see the safe house just moments away. Heero's eyes blurred for a second, but he still executed a perfect landing. Hiding his Gundam from view, he dropped from the cockpit and let a small wince crease his features. He was alone, so there was no need for his mask to be in place. The lights beckoned to him; determinedly he headed for the soft glow that promised relief.

Duo could hear Heero's return long before he actually saw the Wing Gundam. Plastering a smile on his face, he headed for the kitchen. It wouldn't do at all for Heero to see him as anything less than cheery. Sifting through the refrigerator for something to eat, he spied a bowl of ripe strawberries near the back. Pulling the bowl toward him, he noticed some whip cream as well. Grinning in triumph, he pulled the two items out of the refrigerator. Setting them on the counter top, he once again ran his hand through his un-braided hair. Looking toward the doorway, he wondered what could possibly be taking the Prussian eyed youth so long.

Heero grimaced again as he made it to the doorway. He didn't know what was wrong with him. He shouldn't be feeling so light headed from a simple gun shot wound. True, he hadn't been sleeping well lately, but would that cause this unsteady feeling? Shaking his head, he reached for the door handle. Surprise was evident on his face when the door swung open of its own accord to reveal Duo standing there, clad only in a pair of tightfitting jeans.

"Yo, Heero. Man, what took you so long? You forget the way home or something?" Duo teased the other man in order to lighten the steel bands of tension that were wrapped around his chest. There's something wrong here.

Heero looked up at the long haired youth in stoicism. His normal mask was firmly back in place after his initial bout of surprise. Glaring at the overly cheerful man in front of him, he stepped past Duo into the living room without bothering to respond to Duo's question.

Duo let his smile falter for less than a second, before smiling forcefully again. He watched as Heero practically fell onto the couch. Letting his eyes wander over the other man, Duo sucked in a sharp breath when he realized that the left sleeve of Heero's jacket was darker colored than the right side. Tentatively, he approached the Japanese pilot, but stopped when Heero's piercing cobalt gaze met his. Duo was shocked to see the pain reflected in those eyes. "Heero? Daijoubu desu ka?"

Heero was unable to stand the shock evident in Duo's amethyst eyes. Attempting to stand, his one thought was to get away from those light filled eyes. But Heero's body must have had other ideas, because the moment he stood, he felt his legs turn to rubber and he fell forward straight into Duo's arms. He thought he heard his name being called as his eyes slid closed, grateful to be sinking into oblivion.

Duo watched with wide eyes as the Wing pilot attempted to stand and failed miserably. Catching Heero as he fell forward, Duo screamed his name in fear. "Heero!!!!" but no response came from the brown haired youth. Pulling away slightly, Duo stared in sick fascination at the blood that was coating his hand. "Oh God. Heero."