Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Inspiration ❯ Plotting Sister ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Inspiration
Part 2
Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing, don't sue.
Warning: yaoi, swearing, OOC,
Description: Duo, a writer in a rut, finds himself some inspiration
~~~~~
"C'mon Heero, I saw the way you were looking at Mr. Maxwell!" Heather tugged at her brother's arm. "What did you two say while I was paying for lunch."
Heero sighed and Heather knew that her brother was about to crack. He could never resist her charm. Just a little bit more...
"You never open up that easily with anyone else, except maybe me. And that doesn't happen that often. I'm your sister! You can tell me anything!"
Heero's shoulders slumped and Heather immediately recognized her victory. She hid a grin and forced herself to appear the innocent and concerned little sister.
"Fine," he growled, shooting a glare at her. "I liked him. He was very nice."
'Thought so...' She flashed a grin and clapped her brother on the shoulder. "That wasn't so hard was it? Now tell me what he said. I would really like to know."
"Well," he scratched his head, a gesture that he had been using since he was a child. "It was mainly about his books. About the only thing I really learned was that the character Max is based on himself."
She grinned, an idea already spinning around in her mind. "That's so cool! He is really open minded, than. Pairing himself up with another guy in one of his stories."
Heero blinked and she knew that the little tid-bit had gotten its wanted affect. "What about Rose?"
She shrugged indifferently, though in reality she was carefully gauging everything. "He doesn't really think she's all that important. He never really wanted her in the story, but his publisher didn't like the thought of a same sex relationship in one of his stories."
Heero nodded and she could tell that he was distracted by his own thoughts. She tactfully left him alone to brood and went to her room.
The entire room was scattered with pictures from Gundam Wing. She didn't really like the name of the series but figured it fit well enough. After all it was centered around the pilot of the Gundam called Wing. She and a couple of her friends had stumbled across a copy of the first book a couple of years ago and had gotten hooked. It wasn't until last year that they had found all the slash sites out there. Immediately she had become obsessed. Most of the pictures were of Odin and Max together, Max's arm usually draped casually over the other boy's shoulder. Some were a bit more intimate, but she made quite an effort to hide those from Heero. After all she had used Heero as her model for Odin.
Her friends loved her work and were always commissioning different drawing from her. Like Di. Her best friend had just asked for a picture of the whole group. She usually used people she knew as her models for the characters. Her brother's best friends were her first choice. Quatre seemed a lot like the innocent Kat. Trowa was like the enigmatic Triton and Wufei was perfect for the stern pilot Nataku. It was only Max she had never had a model for. She had never known anyone quite like him so had always made him up from her imagination.
Now she knew what Max was like. After meeting Duo she knew exactly what Max should be like. The fact Max was Duo was just proof.
As soon as she sat at her desk she began to sketch. She erased the picture of the boy in the middle. He was just so average. Hair fell loosely to his shoulders. His eyes were wide and friendly. Not mischievous like the ones she was now thinking of. His build was a little too big, shoulders too broad. She than gave him a pointed, elvin face, huge heart-stopping eyes and a long braid.
The braid had been a shock to her and was what made her uncertain of the mans identity. In all the authors pictures the braid had been hidden behind his back and the photos had been black and white. She had had no idea how beautiful the mans eyes would be. If she didn't already know that Heero liked the man she'd be fawning over him.
She inked the page than added colour. This was her favorite part. Adding life to the picture. It was intoxicating.
Heero peered into the through the door just as she finished. "Aren't you supposed to go to Diane's?"
"Yup!" she grinned. "I was just finishing a picture for her."
Heero shook his head. "I'll never understand the obsession you have for drawing."
Without commenting she whizzed by and down the stairs out the door. She ran half way there, ignoring bitter wind that cut through the heavy material of her jacket.
Her friend only lived a block away and it too no more than five minutes to get there. She rang the bell and the door was answered by her friend's mother.
"HiMrs.Harison!IsDianehome?OkayI'lljustgoupstairsthan!Bye!Bye!. "
Mrs. Harison just shook her head in bewilderment and shut the door behind the bouncing girl. She was far too used to the hyperactive teen's personality.
Heather headed upstairs, at ease in the familiar surroundings of her friend's home. She opened the door and flung herself unceremoniously onto the bed, careful not to do any damage to the binder she held tightly in her arms.
"What's with you?" Diane asked from her computer desk.
"I finished your picture!" She sat up and took the picture out of her design binder and handed it to her friend.
"Wow," Diane stared at it. "Where the hell did you get the idea of drawing Max like that."
"I met someone who fits his personality perfectly." Her near cobalt eyes sparkled mischievously.
The blonde gave her a suspicious look. "Spit it out. I know your dying to."
"That's Duo Maxwell!" She giggled. "Me 'n' nii-chan ran into him a lunch today."
Diane's brown eyes widened and she looked back down at the picture. "That's Duo Maxwell?! He doesn't look nearly this good in the pictures."
"I know. Isn't he wonderful? And you wouldn't believe what else," her smile widened. "He prefers OdinxMax to OdinxRose. And what's more is that I'm pretty sure my brothers got a thing for him my brothers got a thing for him."
The blonde nearly fell off her chair. "Mr. Ice Prince actually likes someone? And a guy?"
Heather nodded and flopped back down. "I've known he swung that way for a while, but I never figured he'd ever just instantaneously like someone. He sent me away to pay for our lunch and I saw him smile! I haven't seen him smile at anyone but me 'n' his friends in ages."
"I'm happy for the guy, but to tell you the truth I'm a little disappointed that he never fell head over heals in love with me. I know you're his sister and all but your brother is hot."
Heather just laughed. She knew what other people thought of her brother's looks. She'd had to fend off crowds of women for him before. "About half the population will be disappointed. I know what my brother looks like. And I wish I'd inherited as much of our mothers looks as he has."
"Yeah, but his lack of social skills make up for his perfect appearance," Diane pointed out. "People may go after him for the looks, but they're all chased away with one of the infamous Heero Yuy death glares."
"Do you remember the time your sister tried to pry a date out of him?" She giggled. "She ended up afraid of him. She wouldn't go near him for over a month, and even than it was out of necessity."
"I warned her," Diane smirked. "If she's too thick headed to take a little advice than that's her own problem. But we've veered completely off topic here. What are your going to do about this thing between the two? I mean, it's not as if you're going to be running into Duo any time soon. This is a big city after all."
"Thought you'd ask," Heather pulled her book out of her jacket pocket and tossed it to her friend. "Take a look at what he wrote in the message."
Diane read it than looked up at her friend in surprise. "Is that his e-mail address?"
"Uh-huh," she nodded. "I have no idea what possessed him to do that, but now we've got a way of contacting him. His numbers in the phone book as well. I've thought of calling him a couple of times, but couldn't work up the nerve. Now I've got permission from him. He said that he wouldn't mind hearing from me again. Apparently he doesn't have that many people to talk to."
"But he's famous! He could find any number of people to talk to him!"
"But are the talking to him because they really want to know him, or are they talking to him because he's famous. It's sorta like what's going on with Heero. People will talk to him because he's handsome and they're being seen talking to someone with his looks. It may not be because they're really interested in getting to know him." She sighed. "I doubt that's really what he wants in a friendship. I think he's lonely and desperate for some real company."
"You're usually right," Diane conceded. "God I wish I had your mind. You should be a psychiatrist or something."
"Nope, I'll leave that to the people who actually want that job. I'm going to be an artist, remember?"
"Whatever. Are we gonna write to this dude, or not?"
"You bet," Heather jumped to her feet. "It's just to figure out what to say. I'll make sure to mention Heero. I'm positive I read the signs correctly. He was just as attracted to Heero as Heero was to him."
"Damn," Diane snapped her finger. "There goes another fish who just jumped out of my net. Oh well.... I suppose there are plenty more where he came from."
"If you keep thinking of men as fish, I'm afraid you may never catch one."
Heather made her way to the computer as Diane began to punch in her Hotmail password. There were already plans swirling in her head. In order to get her brother and the author to make contact again she'd some how have to get herself invited to the latter's home. Either that or invite herself.
They wrote a short e-mail saying the minimum of what they really wanted to say. The normal thank you's and praises about his work that any fan would send. But she did drop a hint, boldly stating that she and her brother had really enjoyed the conversation. Heero hadn't exactly said that he had enjoyed it, but a sister could tell these things without having to be told.
"I am so good at this," Heather smirked. She wasn't being conceited, it was just the truth and she knew it. "I'll get those two together if it's the last thing I do."
TBC.....
~~~~~
Shade: Too much dialogue for my taste. Oh well, it turned out all right. A little shorter than the last, but all in all satisfying... This will most likely be lemon. Eventually. I've never actually written one before, so no promises of the quality. I would have had this chapter finished earlier but I got carried away downloading some music and searching for desktop BG's. It was worth it. Found some nice Gravi and Weiss ones. And I now have three versions of Sleepless Beauty. The instrumental one, the one where Ryuichi's singing with Nittle Grasper and the audio version of the concert where Shuuichi spots Yuki and get's all speechless so Ryuichi starts to sing. God I love Gravitation! Too bad I haven't seen past the episode where Aizawa beats up Shuuichi... I really wanted to see what Yuki'd do. Gah! I'm ranting! This is the longest AN I've ever written. But than if ya don't want to ya really don't hafta read it.