Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love Lost and Found Again ❯ Finally Finale ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Nothing much to say here. This is the end! I hope you liked it. Reviews are much appreciated.
 
Chapter 12: Finally Finale
 
ONE YEAR LATER.
 
(Duo's POV)
 
He grinned. It had been a year since he had killed Ander. A year since he had told Alex and held her as she had sobbed in relief and joy. A year since Felix had started laughing again. A year since Alex had agreed to marry him.
 
Their wedding was tomorrow, and he was at his bachelor's party knocking back a couple beers with the other four Gundam boys. They were laughing and reminiscing. Duo surmised that telling them to have a party was more of a way to keep them out of the way than anything.
 
After Relena's wedding eight months ago, she had come back from her honeymoon grinning and more than ready to help plan Alex's. Relena's wedding had been a big affair, considering how important this event was in the eyes of the political world. There were hundreds of guests lining the pews, and there was a long line of bridesmaids - dressed in so much pink, Alex would always remember with a little grimace - and groomsmen to precede Relena as she walked ethereally down the aisle. (All of the pilots were groomsmen and Alex was one of the bridesmaids.) Felix was the little ringbearer, with his little face set into a solemn expression as he took his role very seriously. The bouquet she carried was a mixture of pink and white roses with little sprigs of baby's breath, which she threw unerringly into Alex's arms.
 
Alex, however, claimed she didn't need a big wedding. All she needed was her close friends and her family. The tuxes were simple, as were the bridesmaids' dresses (they were a shade of pale blue). Her wedding dress was simple as well, according to Alex, only long enough to trail the ground behind her. Relena had absolutely refused to let Duo see her in her wedding dress before the day. Felix was once again the little ringbearer, and Wufei was to walk her down the aisle in place of her father. Heero was Duo's best man, and Relena was Alex's maid of honor. Quatre, Trowa, Sister Marie, and Relena's husband were to be their witnesses.
 
Duo smiled softly as he remembered her face when he opened the little ringbox. He had already told her he wanted to marry her when he had first returned, but it seemed she had forgotten until that moment. And then she made Duo the happiest man in the world when she said yes.
 
--
 
The next day was bright and sunny as everyone made their way to the church. Duo stood at the altar shifting nervously until Heero put his hand on his arm to calm him. He had grinned then at Heero, and glanced at Quatre, who was already sniffling with emotion, and Trowa holding his hand. Then his heart caught in his throat and his world stopped as Alex entered the room with a proud and smiling Wufei on her arm. The rest of the day was a blur, but he would always remember from that day watching her smile blushingly at him as she walked down the aisle toward him, her eyes shining with promises for the future.
 
This was how life is supposed to be, Duo mused. Everyone he cared about was right there in that little church, and life as he knew it, was absolutely perfect. Yes, this was how life should be.
 
Owari.