Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love Lost and Found Again ❯ Tears ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Late update, but it's almost to the end. I wonder who's actually still reading this story. And gasp, another person's POV this time. I tried to make Wufei rant-y enough, but I don't think I'm quite good at it. I think I'm finishing up soon, probably in the next couple of days. I'm cutting out the epilogue, the twelfth chapter will be the END (I'm 99% sure about this). But hope you enjoyed the story. Reviews are extremely appreciated.
 
Chapter 11: Tears
 
(Duo's POV)
 
It hurt him to be away from Alex and Felix for so long, but it was unavoidable. He couldn't risk them knowing anything, because through that knowledge, Ander would be able to figure it out. He also didn't want them to have to see Shinigami.
 
The pilots had been methodically planning an ambush on Ander and his crew. Quatre was in charge of the big picture planning with all the logistics of how to get in and out and take down all of them before any of them could receive warnings. Heero was in charge of individual ambush planning, and how to stay within the limited time frames set by Quatre. Trowa was just sitting sharpening his knives and oiling his guns. Wufei was glaring at an imaginary target in the air that he was currently slashing with his sword. They didn't bother Duo who had a strange gleam in his eye. They were scared of that gleam, and the only thing that could possibly match that was Quatre in the Zero system - which Quatre adamantly refused to use again. Even the Perfect Soldier was looking wary. Duo's smile made them all shiver a little.
 
--
 
(Alex's POV)
 
She was expecting Ander; she had no choice. Felix was safely away for the night, and Alex had nothing to do but sit at the couch and flip nervously through the channels. She grimaced a little at her watch. Ander was late. Usually when Ander was late, it was due to some problem that had come up and that meant he was usually in an even worse mood. Which for Alex meant more bruises to hide from or explain to Felix. Alex fretfully started pulling at the ends of the afghan that was on the couch, and tried to keep the fearful tears from spilling. This was not good.
 
--
 
(Wufei's POV)
 
His ebony eyes narrowed dangerously as he looked at the men milling about below him. What he wouldn't give to snap a few necks around here. But that was for the rest of the guys, his target, and Duo's, was beyond the small door.
 
As usual, Quatre's planning paid off. He had set off several small false alarms that could only be straightened out by Ander himself, and after each visit he made, each team was just as quickly and efficiently disposed of. It had only truly thrown everything off by about half an hour, so nothing was too suspicious. Now Ander was finally back at his own place, organizing his things. The bastard thought he was on his way to see Alex, thought Wufei with a small malicious smirk, but he's not going to see anything soon enough. Wufei and Duo slipped through and into Ander's suite of rooms. The rest of the men outside were easy enough for the other pilots. Duo had a small dangerous smile on his face that Wufei knew didn't bode well for Ander. Duo just gave Wufei a slight nod and a whispered, “Remember to leave some for me.” Wufei gave him an edged smile before slipping into Ander's room.
 
“Hello bastard.”
 
Ander whirled around to face him. He hadn't heard Wufei enter, but that was the point. “Who the hell are you?”
 
Ebony eyes that promised pain narrowed a little. “You raped my cousin. Many times in fact. You have robbed her of her honor and dignity and that is an injustice. This cannot be repaid simply or easily. So your pain, and your death, will not be simple or easy. Be ready to fight, and this warning is more than you deserve, you selfish prick.”
 
Ander's eyes widened and narrowed again, his lips smiling slightly and dangerously. “Who are you to threaten me, boy? Maybe you should come back when you grow up. I've got men outside that are twice your size—”
 
“They're dead,” cut off Wufei emotionlessly. “Or very soon will be. And I think I'm more than a match for you, Mister Rockfell, despite my age. I am one of the five Gundam pilots, 05 to be exact. In fact, your other men are being executed by my friends at the moment. Now shut the fuck up, sir, and fight me.”
 
Ander looked panicked, and had become increasingly panicked as he listened to Wufei's words. He could not dismiss the accusations, because he saw the truth in the dark eyes that bore into him. His panic amused Wufei tremendously, even as he finally had the satisfaction of hearing a bone break and hearing Ander scream. This was retribution, in a way.
 
After a short while, Ander was sobbing in pain, lying in a crumpled heap. He was bleeding onto the carpet with Wufei's sword at his throat. Wufei's smile was still edged as he spoke almost nonchalantly, “I could finish you now, but I promised a friend you would see hell. Now normally, I would say that a soldier's death is acceptable enough for most opponents, but for you—” here Wufei's smile became even more razor-edged “—I agreed to let Shinigami handle the rest.”
 
Ander looked up at Wufei, and almost thanked him for letting him die himself, but he saw the cold amusement emanating from the ebony eyes, and he wondered why he suddenly felt numb horror rush over him as he saw the most beautiful boy he had ever seen walk in and Wufei slip out. Ander's mouth went dry when he looked into the violet eyes that promised no mercy. Ander finally realized the import of Wufei's words when he heard the boy say, “Now you're mine. Now you get to see Shinigami.”
 
Wufei smiled as he heard Ander scream, and he quietly closed the door.
 
--
 
(Alex's POV)
 
Alex almost jumped a foot off the couch when she heard the knock. It had been two hours since Ander's appointed time. Two hours to build up a raging fury and new ways to hurt her. Two hours of pent up anger. Bracing herself, she said in an almost steady voice, “It's open.”
 
She couldn't look up and see the anger because she didn't know if she could bear the thought of it. She tensed and her eyes squeezed shut as the footsteps grew near, expecting the first blow. When it didn't come, she slowly opened her eyes, confusion warring with the overwhelming fear. Then she gasped as she looked to the blood-stained figure standing before her. Her tears fell as she stared, and she couldn't stop them even if she tried.
 
“D-Duo?”