Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Making Heero Human ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Cherry Blossom: This is…my first real 2+1 fic! Whoo hoo!

Heero: Why do I suddenly feel like killing myself?

Cherry Blossom: Oh come on. It won't be that bad.

Duo: Wanna bet?

Cherry Blossom: Shut up! My 3+4 fic did alright.

Duo: That was Trowa and Quatre. You couldn't screw up a love like theirs if you tried.

Matteo: Oh I bet she could…

Cherry Blossom: SHUT UP! You guys are always so mean to me! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ;__;

Heero: O.o;;;

Duo: Uh oh, now you've done it.

Matteo: Tissue? Pocky? C'mon stop crying pleeeeaaaaaaaaaseeeee?

Cherry Blossom: ::sobs:: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa<hic>aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Disclaimer: If I owned Gundam Wing I would have enough money to buy a decent word processor. Since I am presently typing this on the word processor from HELL this scenario is very improbable.

Warnings: Shounen ai!! Shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Have I made it clear to you people yet? MALE/MALE RELATIONSHIPS!!!! HOMOSEXUALS!!!! Got it? Good. So don't flame me because of it.

Making Heero Human - Part 1

"This is it?"

Duo looked up at the broken window panes and rotting wooden boards of the rickety, not too safe looking structure that was to become the gundam pilots' home for the next seven and a half days. He was not impressed.

Quatre set his bag down on the ground with a tired sigh and bit his lip, also looking up at the house.

"It's not that bad, Duo. At least this place has electricity…I think."

Trowa took Quatre's bag along with his own, causing the blond to toss a grateful smile his way.

"We won't know unless we open the door," Trowa said rationally.

"So open the door already," Wufei complained. "I want to get inside and take a shower."

Quatre fumbled with the keys and after a couple tries, managed to slip the right one into the lock. The door swung open with a loud creek and dust clouds, stirred by the sudden breeze, rose up to sting the boys' eyes. The darkness inside the house was thick and carried a musty wet scent along with it. Duo hated the place on sight.

Trowa searched along the sidewall with his fingers for the light switch, finally finding it and flicking it on. A dim yellow bulb lit up and wavered for a minute before stabilizing enough to cast a sickly pale glare on the dingy surroundings of the house.

"It's a dump," Duo announced.

"It's…not exactly four-star," Quatre began.

"Four-star!" Duo interrupted. "It's not even one-star! It's zero-star. No, it's negative-star. This place is a total dive. I'd check to see if we have hot water before you go to take your shower Wu-man."

"These are quite acceptable conditions. We aren't here on vacation. This is a war and we have a mission,' Heero said dispassionately as he swept past Duo into the front hallway.

"But what about basic comforts?" Duo whined. "Like t.v. and a microwave. We'll probably have to chop wood and build a fire to cook our food."

"Actually there is a stove," Quatre pointed out, walking over to the small kitchen and pointing out the small, black appliance.

Duo snorted and rolled his eyes. "Well, la di da. Big deal. I don't know how to use a stove."

"Thank God," Wufei responded as he headed up the rickety staircase to check out the bedrooms. "You'd probably poison us all with your cooking."

Duo stuck out his tongue at the Chinese boy's retreating backside.

"Soldiers don't need such trivial things. Anything that is not necessary to the mission is expendable. You should know that by now, Duo."

And with that remark, Heero followed Wufei up the stairs, hefting his bag onto his shoulders as he went.

Duo watched the movement of the Japanese boy's well-toned muscles and licked his suddenly dry lips.'That guy is so frustrating! It's really unfair the way I notice his every move but he never reacts to anything I do. Not that I wan his reaction. I mean, it's not like I _like_ the guy or anything. I just want him to stop being so damn perfect.'

Heero always had to be perfect. Duo hated the way Heero obsessed over 'the mission'. He hated how nothing ever seemed to move or effect him. Heero's coldness made him want to pull his long braided hair out by the roots sometimes. And yet…Duo couldn't help wondering what it might feel like to have those strong, capable arms wrap around him, to see those cold lips twist into a genuine smile.

'Gah! I did _not_ just think that. No no no. All I want is some kind of reaction. A way to get him to drop this stupid "perfect soldier" act he's got going. Just you wait, Heero. This week I'm going find out your weakness. I'll make you act human if it's the last thing I do.'

But how? That was the question. Heero never really let Duo get close to him. He was always typing away on that damn laptop of his.

"Hey! There's only 3 rooms up here!" Wufei shouted down from upstairs.

"I guess some of us will have to share," Quatre said, casting a meaningful look in Trowa's direction. The banged boy returned the look and the corners of his mouth curved slightly upwards. He knew where he was sleeping tonight.

'Bingo.'

Duo smiled evilly, a plan forming in his mind.

'If Heero and I share a room then he won't be able to ignore me. I'll get him to loosen up this week for sure.'

"Heero and I will share a room. You guys don't have to worry about us."

"Nani?!" Heero stopped halfway up the stairs to look down at the widely grinning Shinigami. Duo quickly switched this expression to a big-eyed, hurt puppy-dog look.

"You don't want to room with me, Heero?" Duo asked, throwing an extra tremble into his voice for good measure.

Heero sighed and replied, "I don't mind. Do what you want."

"Alright!" Duo crowed as he bounded up the steps, two at a time. But I get to pick which bedroom, 'kay?"

Heero shrugged and followed the hyper-energetic pilot as he flung open doors and checked each room for god-knows-what. Downstairs, Trowa and Quatre shared yet another meaningful look. Only this one had a tiny element of dread in it. Wufei was the only one who dared say it out loud.

"What the hell is Maxwell up to?"

"I choose this room!" Duo announced, gesturing wildly with one hand and pushing his braid off his shoulder with the other. He snickered and waited for Heero's shout of protest. Or maybe a blush. Either would be a welcome change from the monotone that, by now, had gotten on Duo's nerves.

"Fine," Heero said, his face displaying no emotion as he placed his bag down on the bed. The single king sized bed.

Duo blinked. He was sure that he would get a reaction out of Heero when he saw that there was only one bed. Maybe "the perfect soldier" didn't get the implications yet.

"Uh…you realize that this is a single bed, don't you Heero?"

"Yes. Is there a problem?"

Duo sweatdropped and then he blushed.

"Well…that means we'll have to share…"

"That is not necessary," Heero said, cutting Duo off. "I will sleep in the chair."

Duo looked over at the dusty wooden rocking chair and panicked. If Heero slept in the chair it would ruin his plans to get a reaction out of him.

"You can't sleep in the chair!" Duo protested.

"Why?"

"Well…er…because…" Duo racked his brain frantically for a reason why Heero shouldn't sleep in the chair. "Because it will be cold and you'll catch pneumonia and then you won't be any use to us on our mission!" He pronounced triumphantly. 'There, that ought to do it.'

Heero glared at Duo in silence for a few minutes. When the braided pilot showed no signs of backing down, Heero sighed and turned away.

"Fine. We'll share. But keep on your side."

"Of course," Duo said, sounding mildly offended at the suggestion that he might do anything else. But had Heero turned at that exact moment he would have changed his mind. Duo's face was contorted into a huge smile of manic glee. It was almost evil. As it was, the hairs on the back of Heero's neck stood up and he shivered involuntarily. A sudden feeling of impending doom washed over him but he hurriedly brushed the feeling aside. It was just Duo. What could possibly happen?

Owari.

Cherry Blossom: ::still crying::

Duo: Smeg.

Heero: Would you get her to shut up, please!

Matteo: I'm tryin'! ::bribes Cherry with pocky and other things she likes::

Cherry Blossom: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!

Duo: Geez, what can we do to make you happy?

Cherry Blossom: ::sniffles:: R-review p-please. It w-would make me fell better.

Heero: Right. Everybody review so our eardrums won't burst. This means you. Yes you. That person who was just going to leave without reviewing. Get your butt back here and REVIEW!