Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Making Heero Human ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Cherry Blossom: Next part! Next part! Hey how come everybody was worried that I wasn't gonna write more?

Matteo: you put "Owari" at the end instead of "To be continued", baka.

Cherry Blossom: Ooops. I forgot about that. I've gotten so used to putting "Owari" at the end of my fics that I didn't think…

Heero: Well that's evident.

Cherry Blossom: Hush you. Or I'll turn your shorts pink.

Heero: You wouldn't.

Cherry Blossom: I would.

Duo: Do I get to bug Heero today?

Cherry Blossom: You bet your ass.

Duo: ::blinks:: No I didn't.

Heero: It's an expression, baka.

Duo: Oh.

Cherry Blossom: I'm really glad you people are liking this story. 2+1 is kind of an unknown territory for me.

Heero: I don't like it.

Cherry Blossom: No one cares what you think.

Duo: ::laughs:: Heero got buuurned.

Heero: ::takes out gun:: Shut. Up.

Duo: ::shuts up::

Cherry Blossom: Let's get on with it, shall we?

Disclaimer: If I owned Gundam Wing I would have enough money to buy a decent word processor. Since I am presently typing this on the word processor from HELL this scenario is very improbable.

Warnings: Shounen ai!! Shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Have I made it clear to you people yet? MALE/MALE RELATIONSHIPS!!!! HOMOSEXUALS!!!! Got it? Good. So don't flame me because of it. Making Heero Human - Part Two

'Let's see…I've got my lucky hat, my cool priest's outfit, my extra hair ties, my collection of brushes, my emergency sugar stash…I'm gonna need that later on if Heero doesn't start to loosen up soon.'

Duo rifled through his suitcase, pulling out various objects and shoving them into every available space on the small, cherrywood dresser that was currently gathering more dust then it needed in the corner of the room.

'Black jeans, black t-shirts, black leather pants…hmm…wonder how Heero would react if I wore those to dinner?'

Duo snickered and then sobered immediately.

'He'd probably just ignore me or say 'hn' or something. He certainly doesn't like me _that_ way. Hell, I don't even know if he likes me at all.'

Duo shook his head, trying to clear it of those unsettling thoughts. He really didn't care if Heero liked him or not.

'But if that's true,' A rational part of his mind said, 'then why does it hurt so much when you look at him?'

Duo squashed the rational part of his mind violently and returned to the task at hand, finding something with which he could annoy Heero out of his mind. At the bottom of his bag lay Duo's cd player and his favorite alternative cds.

'Perfect.'

Duo grinned and glanced over at his intended victim. Then he sweatdropped.

"Uh…Heero?"

"What?"

Heero was presently hanging his clothes in the closet. He paused in sliding yet another green tank-top onto a hanger to glare at Duo. Duo could only stare in shock at the rows and rows of green shirts and spandex shorts that assaulted his eyes.

"What do you wear in the winter?"

"Excuse me?"

"You can't possibly wear spandex all year round. You'd freeze!"

Heero's glare got a little icier…if that was even possible.

"I do just fine. You don't need to worry about me."

Duo flashed him a patented grin and said, "Oh it's not your health I'm worried about. It's your fashion sense that's got me troubled."

Heero replied with a disinterested 'hn' and went back to unpacking his stuff. Duo frowned in disappointment. He was sure that that last remark would have at least gotten an 'omeo o korosu' out of him.

'Heero old buddy, we're gonna have to do something about that wardrobe this week.'

Not that Heero didn't look awfully good in spandex. In fact, the tightness of the fabric showed off his muscular backside and…

'Ohhh no. Don't even go there. Keep your mind out of the gutter. The last thing you need is to be thinking hentai thoughts about Heero "I'm so perfect I can wear spandex in the winter" Yuy. If he knew what you were imagining a second ago he'd probably shoot ya.'

Duo blinked in surprise. Now there was something guaranteed to bring a reaction out of Heero. If Duo told him that he liked him…but no, that hit a little to close to home for Duo's comfort. Heero would be furious and Duo didn't think he could take the rejection, even if it was a just a joke.

'Because it is a joke, right? You're not actually falling for Yuy now are ya? Good. 'Cause that would be a bad thing to do. A really bad thing to do.'

Duo decided to keep the "tell Yuy you love him" option as a last resort. If nothing else worked then he would do it, but only if _nothing_ else worked.

'But I'm sure I can get to him before that becomes an issue,' Duo grinned, fingering his cd player gleefully.'This is gonna be fun'.

"Guuuuuuuys," Quatre's voice called from downstairs. "Dinner is ready!"

"Food!"

Duo abandoned his cd player and ran out of the room at top speed, his feet pounding noisily on the hard wooden floors. Heero rolled his eyes at the braided baka's exit and followed unceremoniously. When he got to the kitchen, Duo had already consumed his meal and was asking for seconds. Quatre and Trowa had somehow managed to make a large pot of vegetable soup in the half-hour that the boys had been at the safe-house. Nevermind where they got the pots and pans and silverware from. Heero was sure that he didn't really want to know.

"Dig in Heero," Duo cried when he spotted the pilot. "This is great. Quatre and Trowa make the best soup."

"I don't see how you can say that Maxwell, when you inhale your food so fast that it is impossible that you could taste it," Wufei remarked.

Duo stuck his tongue out at him and turned his attention back to Heero.

"Sit down and eat, Heero."

"Before Maxwell devours your portion as well."

Quatre smiled up at the wing pilot and said, "Yes, come eat Heero. You must be famished."

Heero wasn't really hungry. He had trained his body to need as little nourishment as possible, in preparation for emergency situations. But he didn't want to hurt Quatre's feelings so he sat down and allowed the blond Arab to serve him some soup. As he ate he became aware of a certain braided pilot sitting across from him, tapping his spoon against his water glass. Duo hummed something under his breath, tapped the glass three times in succession, and then look up to see if Heero was watching him. Then he did it again…and again…and again…and again-

"Maxwell! Stop that!"

Duo was silent for about ten seconds. Then he started again.

Ping, ping, ping…Ping, ping, ping…

Ping, ping, pi-

"MAXWELL! If you do not stop that at once I will slice off your ears and stuff them up your nostrils!"

"Sorry Wu-man."

"And DON'T call me WU-MAN."

"Yes Wu-man."

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.Sluuuuuurp…sluuuuuuuurp&# 8230;sluuuuuuuuurp-

"MAXWELL!"

After Quatre had convinced Wufei that Duo would not make a good pincushion and got him to stop chasing him around the room, Duo fled up the stairs into his room to sulk. Heero had not reacted once to his annoyances during dinner. In fact, he hadn't even bothered to lift his head to glare at Duo, let alone work up enough anger to yell at him.'If he would just show some emotion. But he can't even express annoyance. It's sad really. Even Wu-man lets go of his mask enough to shout at me.'

Duo smiled as he remembered the look on Wufei's face while he threatened to run him through with his katana. Wufei was just so easy to tease and Duo had made a hobby out of it. He knew that the Chinese pilot didn't really mean all his threats and enjoyed the verbal 'sparring' almost as much as Duo did. But Heero never let his emotions slip for a minute. And it was ticking Duo off. He flopped over on the bed and looked around the small room. His eyes lingered for a moment on Heero's laptop. He grinned.

'Time for plan B'.

To Be Continued…

Heero: Get your hands off my laptop.

Duo: Aw, Hee-chan I didn't do nothin' to it.

Heero: Yet.

Cherry Blossom: Review so I know if I should continue or just chuck the thing out the window.

Heero: Chuck it! Chuck it!

Cherry Blossom: You are so dead in the next chapter.

Heero: ::gulp::