Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Making Heero Human ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Cherry Blossom: ::yawn:: It's almost mid-night. Explain to me why I'm up again.

Heero: ::points to mob outside of window chanting "2+1, 2+1, 2+1…"::

Cherry Blossom: Oh.

Duo: Any kissing action in this part?

Heero: -_-

Cherry Blossom: Nope. Not yet. But you get to sleep in the same bed.

Duo: Whoo hoo!

Heero: Can we just get on with it?

Cherry Blossom: Sure thing.

Disclaimer: If I owned Gundam Wing I would have enough money to buy a decent word processor. Since I am presently typing this on the word processor from HELL this scenario is very improbable.

Warnings: Shounen ai!! Shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Have I made it clear to you people yet? MALE/MALE RELATIONSHIPS!!!! HOMOSEXUALS!!!! Got it? Good. So don't flame me because of it.

Making Heero Human - Part 3

Heero absently rubbed the back of his neck as he typed away at his laptop. It was now way past midnight and he wasn't anywhere close to being finished. Apparently a virus had gotten into his system and erased all his files. Of course, being perfect, Heero had kept back-up files for everything. But it was taking him a while to eradicate the virus and he was getting tired. Plus he had a crick in his neck and the words on the screen were beginning to swim in front of his eyes. Heero sighed and stretched his sore muscles tentatively. He glanced over his shoulder at the lump lying in the bed behind him, braid peeking out from underneath the blankets, fast asleep.

'Well at least this is keeping me from crawling into that bed with him. It's going to be really hard keeping control when he's so close all the time. I'll have to be on guard constantly.'

Heero had been struggling with certain…thoughts that he'd been having about the braided pilot lately. Emotions were an unknown territory to Heero. And the feelings that he had towards Duo were confusing the hell out of him. When he tried to analyze these feelings he just got even more confused. He'd felt anger; it was the one emotion he allowed himself once in a while. But what he felt for Duo was not anger. Guilt maybe, or fear…yes there was a little bit of both. But that wasn't all. There was another emotion, so difficult to describe. It frustrated Heero to no end. Every time Duo looked at him with those big violet eyes and that stupid grin Heero felt something twist inside him and it was suddenly very hard to breathe. This pissed Heero off. It meant that he had to work extra hard to keep up his hard protective shell. Usually he could tune Duo out and ignore him. But now that they were in the same room it was becoming increasingly difficult to stay focused on the mission. This was dangerous, Heero knew, but he couldn't keep away.

'This is so stupid! I'm a soldier! This shouldn't effect me. I was trained to be impervious.'

Heero sighed and turned back to the faintly glowing computer screen. He flexed his cramped fingers and began to type furiously.'If I just focus on the mission then these feelings will go away. Come on Yuy, you can do this. It just takes a little concentration.'

Heero looked to see what he had just written on the screen.DuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuoDuo 'Dammit.' Backspacebackspacebackspacebackspacebackspacebackspacebackspacebackspacebac kspacebackspace…

Duo, contrary to appearances, was wide-awake. And he was pissed off. Plan B had backfired miserably. The virus was supposed to make Heero stay away from his laptop, not make him type away until all hours of the night trying to get his files back. Heero had been on that stupid thing for 7 hours straight! And that clickety-click sound of his fingers against the keys was damn irritating. Plus there was the fact that Heero was not likely to come to bed anytime soon, foiling plan C. Duo held back a sigh and cursed his brilliant hacking abilities. If he wasn't so damn good Heero would have zapped the virus by now and be there beside him in bed…'No hentai thoughts. No hentai thoughts.'

Duo suppressed the sudden image of Heero butt nekkid and lying beside him, his arms around his-'Shut up shut up shut UP! Bad subconscious! Bad! No treat for you.'

Duo burrowed further under the covers, as if trying to hide from his thoughts. He wasn't really attracted to Heero, was he? He just wanted to see him let go of his emotions, as a friend, right?

'And besides,' Duo told himself. 'It's not like you're going to take advantage of him when he's lying next to you in bed. It's not like you're going to use this as an excuse to touch him or kiss him or rub-ARRGH! STOP that!'

On the other side of the room, the typing stopped. Duo peeked his head out, hoping that the perfect soldier had finally had enough and was coming to bed. He saw Heero rub the back of his neck and stretch out his limbs slowly. Duo felt his mouth run dry as he watched the play of Heero's muscles under the loose, green tank top as he stretched them. In the eiree white glow of the computer screen, shadows play across Heero's facing, softening his usually hash features…or maybe it was just exhaustion. Duo noticed the way Heero's head drooped limply in front of the screen and heard his tired sighs.'He should get some rest or he'll be cranky in the morning.'

Duo hid his head under the covers to hide his snickering and waited for Heero to leave the damn laptop alone and come to bed. After a few moments he heard the chair scrape against the hard wooden floor…and then the maddening sound of the keyboard clicking. Duo saw red.'Okay, that's it. Time for desperate measures.'

"Hee~ro."

Heero stiffened at the sound of a voice, his voice, calling his name so seductively. Or maybe it wasn't really seductive, his mind was just hoping that it was. Heero forced his voice in a nice, safe monotone.

"I thought you were asleep."

"How can I sleep with that damn clicking every two seconds? Why don't you just come to bed? You can finish it in the morning."

Duo's voice had that pleading edge to it. Heero gritted his teeth and refused to turn around, knowing that if he looked into those imploring violet eyes he was done for.

"I would except somehow a virus got into my system and I have to clean it out. I don't suppose you would know anything about that?"

Duo blinked his eyes innocently.

"Of course not Hee-chan."

Heero stopped typing.

"What…did you call me?"

"Hee-chan. It's your new nickname. Like it?"

Silence.

"Hn."

Clickety-click…click click clickety…

"Hee~chan…"

"What?!"

"…I'm tired."

"Then go to sleep."

"I can't," Duo whined. "Not when you're making so much noise."

Heero thought about pointing out how much noise Duo makes whenever he tries to work, but then thought better of it. Replying would only encourage the braided pilot.

Click…clickety-click…click…

"Hee~chan… "

Click…click…

"Do you like Relena?"

Silence.

Silence.

Duo heard the sound of the laptop being closed and then footsteps as Heero walked over to the bed and yanked back the covers. Within seconds, the perfect soldier was curled up on his side of the bed, as far away from Duo as possible.

"Hee-chan?"

"Just shut up and go to sleep."

Silence.

Silence.

SMACK.

"Itai! What did you do that for, Heero?"

"Get. Your. Feet. Off. My. Back."

"But they're co~ld!"

"Stay on your side."

"But Hee-chan…"

There was the audible click of the safety clicking off of Heero's gun…then silence.'Time for plan D…'

To be Continued…

Cherry Blossom: Zzzz…

Duo: ::pokes her with a stick:: Hey, she fell asleep.

Heero: It's just as well. I don't even want to know what plan D is.

Duo: Eh, you're just lucky I didn't throw your laptop out the window.

Heero: That reminds me…::brings out gun from spandex space:: NO ONE FOOLS AROUND WITH MY LAPTOP!!!

Duo: Eep! ::runs away::

Cherry Blossom: Zzzzz…no not the gophers….zzzzz….review!…zzzzz….

Heero: O.o;;;