Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Making Heero Human ❯ Chapter 4

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Cherry Blossom: 4TH CHAPTER!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA!!!

Duo: What's up with her?

Heero: It's one in the morning and she's been drinking Mountain Dew and eating Smarties to keep awake and write this part.

Cherry Blossom: WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! ::bounces off walls::

Duo: Shh! You're gonna wake everyone up.

Cherry Blossom: I don't care! I'm SO wide awake! I need a plot twist. Maybe two!

Heero: Oh no.

Duo: Please don't bring Relena into this.

Cherry Blossom: Huh? Oh no I wasn't gonna do THAT.

Heero: Then what?

Cherry Blossom: ANGST! This fic needs more angst! This whooooooooole chapter is just gonna be chock full o' angst!

Heero: Great. Just great.

Duo: Look you've depressed him already.

Cherry Blossom: Shut up! I wanna write!! Angst angst ANGST!

Disclaimer: If I owned Gundam Wing I would have enough money to buy a decent word processor. Since I am presently typing this on the word processor from HELL this scenario is very improbable.

Warnings: Shounen ai!! Shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Have I made it clear to you people yet? MALE/MALE RELATIONSHIPS!!!! HOMOSEXUALS!!!! Got it? Good. So don't flame me because of it.

Making Heero Human - Part 4

Sometime around three a.m. an owl caught a particularly stupid rodent, a lawyer fell out of bed after his wife kicked him for calling out another woman's name in his sleep, a thief bypassed an antique statue of Plato, two Ming vases and a kick-ass stereo system for some cheap imitation pearls, and a (till recently) peacefully sleeping self-proclaimed Shinigami abruptly woke up for no apparent reason whatsoever.

'I should be sleeping…what the fuck is going on?'

Duo blinked open sleepy violet eyes and took in the stillness of the room, listening for anything unusual while his sight adjusted to the darkness. And he noticed two things. One: he wasn't alone in the bed.

'Heero. I forgot about him being here. Which is really strange because you'd think I'd remember something so momentous as Heero Yuy in my bed-'

Hastily, Duo cut off that thought, as it would only lead to more disturbing and unwanted thoughts. Instead he kicked his half-conscious brain into high gear (well…high enough for three in the morning) in time to notice the second thing: which was that the aforementioned Heero Yuy had a tight hold on his braid and he didn't seem to be letting go any time soon.

'What the hell? What does Yuy think he's doing? Is he awake?'

"Heero?"

Getting no reply, Duo struggled to turn around without painfully yanking the hair out of his scalp. Twisting himself into a not too comfortable position, Duo found himself staring directly into the deeply slumbering face of Heero Yuy. Caught off guard by the pilot's sleep-softened, vulnerable expression, Duo let his eyes linger graciously over his features, taking in the long, dark eyelashes that caressed the curve of his cheek, and the slightly parted lips where a tiny breeze of breath fluttered. Duo felt his mouth go dry…

'Wow. He's so beautiful. I could take him right now and…Ack! Stop that, hentai!'

Duo wanted to shake his head but he was severely restricted by Heero's grip on his braid. He tried to ease it out of Heero's grasp but it was no use, the pilot's fingers only tightened more around it.

"Heero, c'mon. Leggo. This hurts!"

Duo pulled back on the thick rope of chestnut hair with a hard yank. Heero, sensing that he was losing his possession, clutched it too him desperately and uttered a cry that made Duo stop dead.'Did he just…whimper? Nah. Must be hearing things. The Perfect Soldier does not whimper, EVER.'

Duo decided to do a little experiment. He yanked on the braid again and once more, Heero clutched it back and made that sound…'Okay, so maybe the Perfect Soldier DOES whimper.'

Duo watched, wide eyed as Heero frowned in his sleep and mumbled something unintelligible. The normally gruff pilot seemed so innocent, so vulnerable like this. Almost like a child…

Heero cried out again and his fingers flexed around the tail of Duo's braid, lines forming on his forehead along with a few beads of sweat. Duo bit his lip. It was evident that whatever was going on in his partner's head was not very pleasant and he didn't know what do to about it. If he woke him, Heero would be embarrassed and most likely pissed. He probably wouldn't open up to the braided pilot anyway. Duo was worried. Whatever Heero was dreaming, it was painful enough to tighten his grip, to prevent him from waking, to make him moan. It hurt Duo that he couldn't help his fried, couldn't even wake him from the nightmare that plagued him because it would only make things worse…'If you think it will help you through this then you can keep the braid, Heero. Hell you can keep any part of me. You've already got my heart.'

As he thought this, he realized that it was true. It was time to admit it, the God of Death was in love…with someone who most likely hated him.'Ain't that a bitch.'

Duo sighed heavily and tried to adjust his position on the bed into a more comfortable one. It was going to be a lo~ng night.

Heero woke about the same time he always did. Which was six a.m. on the dot. Immediately his warning system kicked in. The skin on the back of his neck prickled and his muscles tensed in alertness. At first he couldn't figure out why. And then…it hit him. There was another person in bed with him. Heero was all ready to get his gun and blast the other person away when he remember exactly who it was in bed with him and why. And he considered blasting him anyway. For some reason Heero didn't feel as refreshed as he usually did after a good night's sleep (yes only six hours of sleep is more than enough for the Perfect Soldier who usually stays up until two, typing on his laptop or working on his gundam). His eyes felt gritty and sore and he reached up a hand to rub them…and found that his fists were presently wrapped around a thick section of chestnut and gold braid.'What the…Why am I holding Duo's braid?' Heero released the rope of hair quickly and checked to see if the other pilot was awake. Fortunately, Duo was still fast asleep, snoring softly into the pillows. Heero heaved a sigh of relief and slipped quietly out of bed, careful not to disturb the sleeping Shinigami. Not bothering to change out of the boxers and t-shirt that he wore to bed, Heero crept downstairs and left the house, hoping that a walk in the cool pre-dawn air would help clear his head. Heero waited until he was a good distance from the house before sinking down into the dew-dampened grass. He shivered slightly at the feel of the droplets clinging to the bare skin of his legs and drew his knees up towards his stomach in a near-defensive manner. 'What's wrong with me? I feel so strange. Like my mind wants to remember something that my soul wants to forget. Why am I suddenly afraid?' Something flashed behind Heero's eyes for an instant. A shadow. A face… ~flashback~ "Don't you think that you're being a bit cruel, doctor? After all, he's only four years old. You can't expect him to be perfect-" "I can and I do expect perfection. This isn't a game, Ilsa. This is war. And he cannot afford to show any weakness. Especially not such a silly fear as this. It would end up being a danger to him and the colonies." "But…it seems so heartless. He's only a child."

"He's a soldier. And that's all he will ever be. Do not question me in this, Ilsa."

"Yes Doctor J."

"Now be a good girl and bring him here."~endflashback~

Heero's eyes snapped open and he fell back on the grass, breathing heavily.'No…why now? Why am I remembering now? I don't want to see this again. I don't want to see…' "No…"

Heero bit his lip as the next wave of memory hit him.

~flashback~"No! Please don't put me back in the hole! It's dark there, please! I don't want to go!"

"Now Heero, you know I'm only doing this for your own good. You can't allow your emotions to be a liability. You must conquer this irrational fear of the dark or it will become a danger to you. Go quietly and it will be over quicker."

"NO! You can't do this! Please, don't do this! Don't do this…I'll be good I swear, I'll be good."

"You don't need to be good, Heero. Just be brave."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Let me out! PLEASE! It's dark! I can't…I can't! Let me out! Oh no…oh please…please? Don't leave me alone here. Don't…"~endflashback~

Heero forced down the ragged sob that had worked it's way into the back of his throat. The child's terror, his terror, was still screaming in his ears and his body shook in response. Only the faint glimmer of sunrise was a comfort to Heero. It pushed away at the darkness in both the sky, and his mind.

"Why? Why is this all coming back now? I was trained to repress these disturbing memories. Why are they coming back now?"

Heero considered the last few days. Nothing had changed, really except for…'Duo. My feelings for Duo have grown stronger and that caused my other forgotten emotions to show themselves.'

These revelations frightened Heero. This was too dangerous. Duo was too dangerous. He couldn't allow his emotions to jeopardize the mission in any way. He had to stay away from Duo.'That's not going to be easy. We're sleeping in the same bed for God's sake!'

Heero remembered holding onto Duo's braid as if it were a life-line, keeping him from drifting off to sea. He recalled the silky yet supple feel of the strands between his fingers, the smell of Duo's strawberry shampoo and his own personal scent of gunpowder and caramel sauce. He remembered the heat of Duo's body next to his and swallowed hard, trying to dispel the lump that had lodged in his throat.

'I can't avoid him entirely. Not only is it impossible but he'd suspect something. I'll just work extra hard at keeping my emotions hidden. It can't be too difficult. I've had fourteen years of practice.'

By now, the sun had risen completely and Heero decided that it might be wise to get back to the safe-house. He did not wish to explain why he was outside in only his nightclothes at dawn. And besides, he still needed to eradicate the virus in his laptop. Brushing a few blades of grass off his boxers, Heero stood and headed back towards the house. He was so preoccupied in his thoughts that he didn't notice the bright pair of violet eyes that were watching him through the upstairs window.'Oh Heero…I wish you would tell me what's wrong.'

To Be Continued…

Duo: ::weeps:: Oh Hee-chan that's so sad!

Heero: Hn…

Cherry Blossom: ::no longer hyper:: Ack! That is depressing! Damn.

Duo: ::sob:: Poor Hee-chan! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!

Heero: Now see what you've done. ::tries to comfort his koi::

Cherry Blossom: It's not my fault! It's…Star Soldier's! She gave me the idea!

Duo: Well… ::sniffle:: Do something! My Hee-chan's all saaaaaaaaaad!!

Cherry Blossom: ::sweatdrops:: I'll have a lot more comedy in the next part, I swear. I just needed to develop the plot a little.

Heero: What plot?

Cherry Blossom: Don't you start. Or I won't write the next part and keep you miserable.

Heero: You wouldn't.

Cherry Blossom: : P

Heero: Review so she changes her mind! Now!