Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Making Heero Human ❯ Chapter 5

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Cherry Blossom: ::cough, hack, sneeze::

Duo: What's wrong with you?

Cherry Blossom: I've got a code, moron.

Duo: A what?

Cherry Blossom: A code.

Duo: A what?

Cherry Blossom: A CODE!

Duo: Huh?

Cherry Blossom: ARGH!

Heero: A cold. She has a cold. Baka.

Duo: Oh. Well why didn't you say so?

Cherry Blossom: Shaddup and read the fic. ::sniffle::

Disclaimer: If I owned Gundam Wing I would have enough money to buy a decent word processor. Since I am presently typing this on the word processor from HELL this scenario is very improbable.

Warnings: Shounen ai!! Shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Have I made it clear to you people yet? MALE/MALE RELATIONSHIPS!!!! HOMOSEXUALS!!!! Got it? Good. So don't flame me because of it.

Making Heero Human - Part 4

When Heero got back to the house and slipped silently into his room he found an empty bed. Duo must have awoken while he was gone. Heero's feeling were conflicted. He was relieved that the pilot wasn't there pestering him with annoying questions that he did not want to answer. But he was also a bit disappointed to find that Duo wasn't waiting for him in the room. Which made no sense whatsoever, since Heero didn't want him in the room…right? Confusion and lack of sleep was giving Heero a headache. He stopped thinking about it and went over to his closet.

'Might as well get dressed. The others will be up soon and Quatre will expect me downstairs for breakfast.'

Heero opened the closet door…and stared. All his neat rows of black spandex shorts and green tank tops were gone. The hangers were all empty. Heero Yuy had no clothes.

The door to the room creaked open and a bright voice called out, "Hey Heero! Quatre says that breakfast is almost ready and that you should come down now."

"Duo," Heero said tonelessly. " Where are my clothes?"

The braided Shinigami steeped into the room and tried to look innocent.

"Um…well, I thought they could use some cleaning so put them in the washing machine for a bit."

"All of them?" Heero's voice took on a dangerous lilt and he fixed one of his trademark deathglares on Duo. Duo started to fiddle with the end of his braid nervously.

"Yeah…I wanted to do something nice for you Hee-chan. I thought you'd be happy." Duo counterattacked Heero's deathglare with a kawaii puppy-dog face (you know…The Look) and the two stood in combat for more then a few minutes…until Heero caved.

"I'm grateful that you thought of me, Duo," Heero sighed.

Duo's answering smile had a smidgen of triumph in it.

'No one can withstand the power of…The Look.'

"But what exactly am I supposed to wear until my clothes are dry?"

Duo pretended to think about this for a minute, as if he didn't already have the whole thing planned out meticulously.

"Well…you could always borrow one of my outfits. I'm about your size. Here, I'll find something for you to wear."

Duo dove into the depths of his suitcase with relish and after much rustling and rattling, brought forth a tight pair of black leather pants and a black t-shirt with the word "Hellion" painted on the front in sparkly gold letters. Heero went two shades paler.

"I am NOT wearing that."

"But Hee-chan, it would look so good on you! And besides, I'm cleaning all the rest of my clothes too so there really isn't anything else you can wear."

"I'll borrow from somebody else."

"Who? Quatre is too small, Trowa is too tall, and Wufei wouldn't let you near his stuff with a ten-foot pole."

Duo had a point.

'Dammit.'

"Omeo o korosu," Heero snarled before snatching the clothes out of Duo's hand and running into the bathroom to change. Duo heard the door slam behind him and almost collapsed on the ground in laughter.

"Well Plan D worked perfectly. Now it's time to move into plan E."

He could hardly wait to see Heero in that outfit.

"Shoulda brought my camera. That's going to be a Kodak moment, if I ever saw one."

Still stifling giggles, Duo head off downstairs to see what mayhem he could create in the kitchen.

Heero felt stupid. He wondered if he looked as silly as he felt. He couldn't be certain since the mirror in the bathroom was cracked and streaked with so much dirt that it was a rusty brown colour. The leather fabric around his legs was just as tight, if not tighter, then his usual spandex and it squeaked irritatingly when he moved. The t-shirt wasn't that bad but he wasn't really into gold sparkles and besides, he'd never be able to sneak up on someone in this outfit. It would be like screaming "shoot me" in a room full of snipers. Heero almost wished that someone would. He sighed and went down the stairs slowly, wincing every time the shiny leather squeaked. He paused outside the kitchen, hearing the chatter of the boys within. Well, only Duo and Quatre were chattering. Wufei wasn't exactly a morning person and Trowa never talked if he could help it.

'They had better not laugh…' Heero thought before taking a deep breath and stepping into the room. All conversation stopped as each of the pilots except Duo turned to stare at Heero, mouths open, half-eaten breakfast forgotten. Heero glared at them all as he went to sit down beside Duo.

"Hey Heero! Have some eggs, I made them myself."

"Hn."

Heero looked at the runny mass of egg on his plate and back at Duo's pleading face. Then he picked up his fork and delicately stabbed a piece, inspecting it warily before bringing it to his mouth and shoving it inside. He almost choked.

"Do you like them?" Duo practically beamed. "I added a bunch of extra spices just for you. Chili powder and ground pepper."

Heero sat stock still for a minute. Then he said, "I would like a glass of water."

"Of course, Heero," Quatre said and scurried over to get him one.

Heero grabbed the glass out of Quatre's hand and downed all the contents in one gulp. Then he rose from the table and said, "I'm not hungry anymore."

"Too bad, Heero," Duo called. "I'll just give Wuffie your share."

"Dammit Maxwell. The name is Wu-FEI. NOT Wuffie! And I wouldn't touch your little collation with a ten-foot pole."

"I'm hurt Wu-man. Really, really hurt."

Heero walked stiffly out of the room, leather squeaking, mouth burning, and very, very cranky.

As soon as Duo saw that Heero was gone his seriousness dissolved into helpless laughter.

"Man oh man. Did you guys see that? Priceless I tell you! I wish I had a camera. Oh man…"

"Duo, why was Heero wearing your clothes?" Quatre asked.

"Yes, Maxwell. I am sure we would all like to know."

Duo wiped the tears from his eyes and said, " Well somehow all his other clothes got put in the washing machine all at once and he had to borrow one of my outfits."

"Somehow," Trowa said, doubt apparent in his voice.

"I wonder how that happened?" Quatre asked.

Wufei snorted. "I don't. Maxwell you'd better hope that Yuy doesn't shoot you for this."

"What?" Duo blinked. "Why Wufei, why would Heero ever want to do a thing like that?"

"Come off it, Maxwell. You've been going out of your way to antagonize Yuy since we got here and I want to know why."

"I just want to get him to relax a little bit; act human for once."

"Yuy isn't human," Wufei scoffed. "You're fooling yourself if you think he's going to change just because of a few practical jokes."

"I don't know," Quatre mused. "Heero's got a good heart even if he doesn't show it often. Sometimes even the strongest walls will crack if enough pressure is put upon them."

Quatre looked fondly across the table at Trowa who's lips curved upward into a small half-smile while his head nodded in acknowledgment. Trowa knew from experience just how persistent Quatre could be when it concerned his koi. Trowa could never really keep up his guard when the little blonde Arabian looked at him so trustingly.

Wufei saw the look that passed between the two and rolled his eyes. "Yuy is never going to crack. You might as well try to agitate a stone."

Duo grinned at that remark. "But you forget who you're dealing with Wu-man. I'm sure I can get Heero to loosen up."

"Hhmph. Despite the fact that you probably could agitate a rock Maxwell, I refuse to believe that Yuy would ever let his emotions show through for even an instant."

"Betcha a hundred dollars he will," Duo challenged abruptly.

Wufei considered it. "Make it three-hundred and you've got yourself a wager."

"Alright. Three-hundred bucks says that I can get Heero to show a viable human emotion in front of the rest of you by the end of this week."

Duo held his hand out and Wufei shook it firmly, chuckling, "Done. This is going to be the easiest three-hundred I ever made."

"Sez you. We'll just see about that," Duo returned, a smile on his face.

"I don't know," Quatre said, his voice sounding uncertain. "I have a bad feeling about all this."

Trowa put a soothing hand on the blonde's shoulder and he instinctively leaned back against him, soaking up his body heat gratefully.

"Don't worry Quatre."

Quatre smiled and reached up a hand to brush the bangs out of Trowa's eyes affectionately. Trowa's words were comforting but he still could not erase the cold weight of dread that had settled in his stomach.

"Yeah, relax Q. Trust me, this is just what Heero needs."

'It's time for plan E. Watch out Heero 'cause you've just unleashed Maxwell's Demon.'

To Be Continued…

Heero: Omeo korosu! You made me wear an idiotic outfit. Now you must die!

Duo: Ow! Watch the braid! I didn't do nothin' it was her idea.

Cherry Blossom: Aachoo! ::sniffle:: Bless me.

Duo: Do I look like the Pope?

Cherry Blossom: Do you want me to answer that?

Duo: No.

Heero: Both of you must die!

Cherry Blossom: Oh give it a rest before I cover you with my cold germs.

Heero: ::sniffle::

Duo: Too late.

Heero: Smeg.

Cherry Blossom: Review! ::cough, hack, wheeze:: It'll make me feel better.