Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Making Heero Human ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Cherry Blossom: Happy Valentines Day!

Heero: You're a day late.

Cherry Blossom: Oops. Sorry. I've been working too hard…guess you don't want this box of imported chocolates then…

Duo: CHOCOLATE! GIMME!!

Heero: Nooooooooo! Don't give him that!

Duo: SUGARSUGARSUGAR!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Heero: ::sighs:: Now see what you've done?

Cherry Blossom: So~rry.

Duo: I AM SHINIGAMI!!! FEAR MEEEEEE!!!

Heero: We do. Trust me.

Cherry Blossom: Erm…let's just get on with the chapter.

Disclaimer: If I owned Gundam Wing I would have enough money to buy a decent word processor. Since I am presently typing this on the word processor from HELL this scenario is very improbable.

Warnings: Shounen ai!! Shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Have I made it clear to you people yet? MALE/MALE RELATIONSHIPS!!!! HOMOSEXUALS!!!! Got it? Good. So don't flame me because of it.

Making Heero Human - Part 6

Heero closed the door to his room firmly, hoping that Duo would have the good sense not to come in any time soon. One more situation with the energetic American and he might be forced to do something he would regret later on. As it was Heero's patience was wearing thin. He decided that a little work on that damned virus on his laptop would be the best remedy. Heero sat down on the wooden chair and opened his laptop gently. He checked to make sure that no further damage had been done to his files and then set to work, fingers flying over the keyboard with a practiced ease. Blissfully, he let his mind sink into a sort of meditative state, not unlike something Wufei had described while doing his katas. It was the point when you became so focused on the task at hand that everything else surrounding you fades away into nothingness. There is no tomorrow to worry about. There is no past to regret. There is only the here and now and the mission.

Heero no longer felt the hardness of the chair beneath him. He didn't hear the birds chirping in the trees outside his window. He didn't feel the warmth of the sun on his face or the coolness of the breeze upon his skin. His eyes did not glance down at the keyboard even once to where his hands moved with fluid grace; they were totally glued to the screen. Thinking was controlled and focused, only intent upon completing the task at hand. First one step, then another. There were no uncertainties, no conflicting feelings getting in the way. For one blessed instant Heero was able to escape the shadowy tendrils of the nightmare that still gathered at the edge of his thoughts, the darkness that he tried to ignore for so long now. The tension eased from Heero's shoulders and he began to relax. Nothing could touch him while he was in this state, nothing could divert his attention away…

"Oi Heero! Watcha doin'?"

The tension returned.

'Except that,' Heero amended. Steeling himself he turned to fix an icy glare on the grinning braided maniac that was reading over his shoulder. Glare met grin. Neither wavered.

"I'm working. Go away," Heero finally said, turning back to the screen.

"Aw don't be like that Hee-chan. This is my room too ya know," Duo complained, finding that contents of the laptop screen uninteresting and flopping back on the bed.

"Hn," Heero said, not really paying attention.

"Besides, it's such a nice day out. Why don't you come on a picnic with me?"

"Hn."

"It would be fun! There's a lake down by the park. I'll bring my bathing suit…" Duo continued, sensing that Heero wasn't really listening.

"Hn."

"And you can bring your thong…"

"Hn."

Silence.

"Wow, look at the pretty pink elephants doing the tango, Heero!"

"Hn."

Duo's eyes narrowed. He hated being ignored.'Alright. Time for plan E.'

Snickering to himself, Duo went to his suitcase and pulled out his cd player and two small stereo speakers.

"It's real quiet in here doncha think Hee-chan?" Duo started, innocently.

"Hn."

"Kinda boring…"

"Hn."

"Could use a bit of music to liven things up."

"Hn."

The loud shriek of guitars and the thrumming drive of percussion fit to bring the walls down filled the room.

and i said, i wanna fill you up, i wanna break you, i wanna give you up

from one another, another one should come to one another

no one should come between us

Heero winced and covered his ears.

"Duo…"

Not hearing him over the beat, Duo closed his eyes and started to sing-er scream along with cd.

"rat-tat-tat, ka boom boom, now take that, and just a bit of this

cause i'm a watcher, and i'm a doer of none

come to save you, cause you're all mine"

"Duo!"

"i hurt where i can't feel, i feel where i can't hurt

i know where i can't know, i bleed for me and mine

ka-boom, a rat-tat-tat, and some good ole bliss"

"DUO!"

"HUH?"

"THE MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!"

"WHAT?"

"THE MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!"

"SORRY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU. THE MUSIC IS TOO LOUD."

Heero growled and flashed Duo a look that would've wilted flowers. Duo ignored it and turned the volume up louder, searching for his favorite songs…

the sewers belch me up…

the heavens spit me out...

from ethers tragic I am born again...

'Yes. I love this track!'

"unhook my lights to peek behind the flash

for I am crystal chrome

I am shatter dome

I am kremlin king of angels avenged

to destroy the end..."

Duo began to dance around the room, bobbing his head up and down to the pulse of the beat, moving with a fluid grace that Heero might have appreciated had his eardrums not burst.

"I hear your winter

I hear you rain

I've failed your summer ways

And I feel no pain"

'I feel pain,' Heero thought as he rubbed his sore ears. 'God, how can he listen to this and not go deaf?'

"DUO!"

"I hear you fade away

And I hear you crawl

I gave my life away

And I feel no pain

And I feel no pain

And I feel no pain

And I feel your pain"

"You're going to feel my pain in about a minute," Heero muttered, making his way over to the cd player.

"When you lie in your bed

And you lie to yourself

When you lie in your bed

And you lie to yourself

Lie

Lie"

Heero reached for the volume control…

"Bang bang you're dead hole in your head

Bang bang you're dead hole in your head

Bang bang you're dead hole in your head

Bang bang you're dead hole in your head"

And twisted it to nil just in time for Duo to scream out in a solo,

"I hear what you want

And I feel that way

I hear what you want

And I feel that way…Hey! What did you do that for?"

"I'm working," Heero said, throwing in an extra glare for emphasis.

"Don't tell me that the "Perfect Soldier" can't concentrate with a little music in the background," Duo scoffed.

"That was not music. That was noise," Heero said.

"Music," Duo insisted. "And I want to listen to it."

"I need to work."

"And I need to relax and listening to music helps me relax. And this is my room too, Heero."

Another standoff.

The Look.

The sigh of one who has caved and knows it.

"Fine. You can listen to your music. But not so loud. I need to hear myself think," Heero said, returning to his laptop.

Duo tossed him a happy grin.

'Ahh, the awesome power of "The Look". Works every time.'

"Okay Hee-chan," Duo answered, bouncing over to the cd player and flicking through the tracks.

'Lemme see…which one of these might get a reaction out of Heero? Hmm…perfect.'

The sounds of guitars once again filled the room, but this time they were slightly muted and the melody was a lot slower.

"Disarm you with a smile

And cut you like you want me to

Cut that little child

Inside of me and such a part of you

Ooh, the years burn"

Heero's mouth nearly dropped open with surprise. Duo's voice, now that he wasn't screaming, was actually quite nice. A strong clear tenor, rich with emotion, his voice seemed to convey comfort and anguish at the same time. It pulled Heero from his protective encasement, made him feel emotions that he'd pushed so far down, suppressed by the subconscious, brought back memories that were better left forgotten. Heero closed his eyes, fighting the sudden rush of fear, fighting the memories, fighting…

"I used to be a little boy

So old in my shoes

And what I choose is my choice

What's a boy supposed to do?

The killer in me is the killer in you

My love

I send this smile over to you"

Duo watched Heero's shoulders stiffen and eyes close. He observed the change in his breathing, the pensive look on his face, the clenching of his fists.

'What are you thinking Heero? What are you feeling?'

"Disarm you with a smile

And leave you like they left me here

To wither in denial

The bitterness of one who's left alone"

Heero could hear it, the panicked wailing of a frightened child. So loud and wretched. It assaulted his ears, battered at his mind, shrieked in his head. It was a terrible, insistent, furious sound and Heero wished that some one would make it stop, make it stop, make it stop…

"Ooh, the years burn

Ooh, the years burn, burn, burn"

~flashback~

"Stop! No! Please I can't stay here anymore the monster will get me! Let me out!"

"Now Heero. There's no such thing as monsters. You know that. Just one hour more and then you can come out of the pit. Try to hang on…"

"NO! There IS a monster! It's staring at me…reaching…oh let me out! It's gonna kill me! It's gonna kill me! Help! Help me! Let me out! Oh PLEASE! I'll be a good boy, I'll do anything you want, just let me out of here PLEASE! Oh nonononononono…"

"Doctor he'll hurt himself if he keeps ramming against the door that way."

"Then he'll hurt himself. He has to learn not to let his emotions rule his mind. I'm not letting him out until the test is complete. Then we can move on into desensitization…I have a few new methods I'd like to try out."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Please! I can't…I…killing me…NO! Don't hurt me…don't…

~endflashback~

"I used to be a little boy

So old in my shoes

And what I choose is my voice

What's a boy supposed to do?

The killer in me is the killer in you

My love

I send this smile over to you"

The darkness was closing in again. Heero could feel it, feel the icy grip of fear clench around his body tight, so tight, stifling, suffocating, surrendering…The monster grinned behind his eyelids, teeth dripping blood, red coal eyes crying acid tears, claws reaching, reaching…A thousand razor blades slicing through skin, metal and bone, the smell of corpses rotting, burning and freezing at the same time, pain and numb, and fear, and flaming scrap, bodies falling, falling, falling…

"The killer in me is the killer in you

Send this smile over to you

The killer in me is the killer in you

Send this smile over to you

The killer in me is the killer in you

Send this smile over to you"

No. He wouldn't let this take him, wouldn't let his fear show, wouldn't break now. Not now. Not in front of him. No more.

"No more…" Heero whispered.

Duo frowned and stepped closer.

"Heero?"

"NO!"

Quicker than lightning, Heero's eyes shot open and his hands moved, drew a gun from the back of his pants, fired…

And Duo's stereo system died a quick death.

Duo stared in shock from his smoking bullet ridden stereo system, to Heero's cold impassive face.

"You…you…"

Unable to finish, Duo flounced out of the room in righteous fury, plotting explicit revenge for the sake of his poor stereo.

Feeling a little bit better, but not much, Heero sat back down and clicked open the window on his laptop. There was a message.

"We have a mission."

Finally. A reason to exist. Heero typed a quick reply.

Mission excepted.

And went to tell the others.

To Be Continued…

Duo: That whole chapter was like one giant plug for the Smashing Pumpkins.

Cherry Blossom: Oh, you noticed, huh?

Heero: Why are you at it with the angst again?

Cherry Blossom: You didn't think I was gonna just leave it all hunky dory happy now did you? Oh no buddy you're going to suffer…

Duo: I'm the one suffering here. He shot my stereo!

Heero: It deserved it.

Duo: That was very expensive!

Heero: You stole it.

Duo: ….that's beside the point.

Cherry Blossom: Review! Or I won't continue. 'Cause Matteo seems to have abandoned me on this. P.S. if you can name the songs mentioned in this chapter and the albums they came from then-

Duo: You're a crazy SP fan like Cherry.

Cherry Blossom: : P