Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Making Heero Human ❯ Chapter 8

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Cherry Blossom: Muuuuuuuuuuuuush! I have been bitten by the sap bug! This is the big MUSHY chapter. With a little angst thrown in, of course but still, mostly mush.

Duo: Is it a lemon?

Heero: :::pales::

Cherry Blossom: ::looks sad:: No.

Duo: Damn!

Heero: Phew.

Cherry Blossom: Are you implying that I can't write lemons?

Heero: …yes.

Cherry Blossom: ::zero eyes:: That's it! You're gonna be in agonizing pain, mister!

Heero: Smeg.

Duo: But what about the mush?

Heero: Yeah, what about the mush?

Cherry Blossom: You can still have mush in agonizing pain.

Heero: Smeg.

Duo: What happened to Matteo anyway?

Cherry Blossom: Oh he hates sappy stuff. I have to send him away when I write it 'cause his gagging interferes with my creative input.

Duo: O.o;;;

Heero: O.o;;; Oookay…

Cherry Blossom: Let's move it along, shall we? I've got things to do ya know.

Heero: Like what? A date?

Cherry Blossom: …no.

Duo: ::starts to laugh::

Cherry Blossom: You're dead.

Duo: ::stops laughing::

Disclaimer: If I owned Gundam Wing I would have enough money to buy a decent word processor. Since I am presently typing this on the word processor from HELL this scenario is very improbable.

Warnings: Shounen ai!! Shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Have I made it clear to you people yet? MALE/MALE RELATIONSHIPS!!!! HOMOSEXUALS!!!! Got it? Good. So don't flame me because of it.

Making Heero Human - Part 8

Heero headed straight to his room after they got back to the safe house, not bothering to check his gundam for the damages that he knew were there. They could wait until tomorrow morning to be fixed. For now, Heero was just too tired. Ignoring Duo's angry call to wait up, he walked up the stairs as fast as he could manage, clinging perceptively to the banister for support. His legs were shaking. That was to be expected after a long battle, but not to the extent that he could barely stand on his own. Using the last of his strength he collapsed face down on the bed, all his muscles screaming out in pain. Feeling slightly dizzy as the bed shifted beneath him, Heero closed his eyes…and immediately opened them again.

He could still see it, those red burning eyes, that bloody grin…

Heero groaned and turned over on his back, focusing his eyes on the ceiling, feeling the heaviness that pressed against them. Heero's body demanded sleep but the energy, the high that came with the battle hadn't left him yet, wouldn't let him drift off into oblivion quite yet.

The door swung open, crashing against the wall with a sharp bang, revealing the stormy expression of one extremely pissed Shinigami.

"Heero." The tone was all icicles and daggers.

Heero groaned again and turned over on his side, away from the irate pilot.

"Go away," he managed to mumble half-heartedly. He was too exhausted to deal with Duo right now.

The braided pilot would have none of it. He stood at the foot of the bed, hands on his hips, doing a pretty good impression of Heero's usual deathglareTM.

"What the hell is the matter with you, Yuy?" Duo snapped. "Were you trying to get yourself killed today? 'Cause that's what it looked like. Why didn't you answer me when I called to you? Why were you just sitting there letting that chump take pot shots at you with a frikken BEAM CANNON?!"

Heero winced as Duo's voice rose in pitch, nearly shrieking the last few words. His head throbbed.

"Leave me alone, Duo."

"Like hell I will!" Duo fumed. "You could have blown the whole mission with your stupidity. I want some answers and I want them now, or I'll-".

"Or you'll what?" Heero hissed, using the arm that didn't hurt so much to push himself up a bit so that he was staring into Duo's eyes. There was something there, behind all that anger…could it be fear hidden in those violet pools already darkened with rage?

'That's silly. I'm just imagining things,' Heero thought. 'Why would Duo be afraid?'

"I'll…I'll…throw your lab top out the window!"

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh wouldn't I?" Duo's eyes gleamed. "You're not in any shape to stop me, are you?"

Heero glared. Duo glared back.

"Omeo…o korosu."

"Yeah, yeah," Duo snorted. "I've heard it all before. Tell me, Yuy, before your computer goes bye-bye."

"Tell you what?" Heero's voice was thick with contempt.

Duo bent down beside the bed, putting his face close to Heero's and said very softly, "Tell me why you almost let yourself be destroyed."

Heero was silent. Duo stared at him for a good minute before abruptly straightening and walking towards the door.

"I'll come back when you learn how to trust," he said coldly.

Just before he stepped out of the room, Heero spoke up.

"Would it have mattered?"

Duo paused, not turning around, his hand still on the doorknob.

"Would what have mattered?"

Heero seemed to hesitate before he continued.

"If I had been destroyed or not."

Duo's whole body seemed to shudder and he turned around slowly, his eyes filled with disbelief.

"How can you say that?"

Heero bit his lip and then looked down at his hands, tracing the scars and calluses with his eyes.

"Because it's true. I mean, the mission was botched anyway and you all seemed to be doing fine without me…I'm only a soldier. No one would care if I died."

"That's not true." Duo's voice was close, too close. Heero looked up, startled to see a pair of deep violet eyes right in front of his own, full with a pain that he couldn't quite understand. "What about Quatre, Trowa, and Wufei? They'd care. What about Relena? She'd sure as hell care. What about all the people who put their trust in you to win this damn war? They'd care if you died."

"What about you?" The words were whispered, soft. Duo had to strain to hear them and even when he did, he could hardly believe that what he had heard was correct.

"What…what did you say?"

Heero looked extremely uncomfortable. He twisted his hands into the sheets of the bed and bit his lip.

"I said, what about you? Would you care if I died?"

Duo's eyes misted over with something like tears.'But they can't be tears because Duo would never cry, right?'

"You're joking, right? I cannot believe that you would ask me that question. Don't you know the answer Heero? Don't you know by now how I feel?"

Heero's face twisted into a look of confusion.

"I…"

"Dammit, Yuy! I thought that we were friends. How can you just sit there and ask me that?" Duo's hands were clenched into fists and his shoulders were shaking. "If you don't know by now, then I'm sure as hell not going to tell you. Maybe you should get yourself a new room mate." Duo got up and walked to the door.

Heero's eyes widened in what could only be described as panic.

"Wait! Don't leave me! Don't leave me here in the dark! Please, no…"

Duo's face twisted in confusion. 'It's not dark in here.'

"Heero?"

"Oh please, no don't leave me here! I can't, I can't!"

Heero's took an edge of hysteria to it and his entire body started to tremble. Duo walked over to sit beside him, concern in his eyes. Heero let go of the bed sheets and clutched Duo's shirt in a strange childish gesture that scared Duo. He put his arms around the shaking pilot and murmured soothing words.

"Shh…hey, it's alright. I'm right here, I'm not leavin'. Everything's okay. Just relax."

"I'm sorry." The words were muffled against Duo's shirt. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry…"

"It's okay," Duo consoled, rubbing his hand in comforting circles across Heero's back. "It's okay."

After a while, Heero's shakes subsided and his grip on Duo's shirt loosened. Duo fell silent but he kept on rubbing Heero's back.

"Duo? What are you doing?" The tinge of uncertainty was still there, making the Perfect Soldier's voice waver just a tiny bit. Duo smiled reassuringly.

"I'm giving you a massage. That last battle really did a number on you and you're all tensed up."

Heero seemed to tense even more as he tried to pull away from Duo's hands.

"I don't need you to take care of me."

"Nonsense," was Duo's cheery reply. "You'll never be able to get to sleep in the condition that you're in and I don't want to here you bitch about it tomorrow morning. Just relax and let me help you, will ya?"

Heero thought briefly about punching the braided pilot. But then he reconsidered. What Duo had said was true and besides which, the way Duo was touching him felt really, really good. He forced himself to relax in Duo's arms.

Duo's smile grew wider and he said, "That's good Heero. Why don't you turn around so I can do this properly?"

Heero wanted to keep facing Duo so he could look into his eyes but he obeyed the other pilot anyway. The dull, constant pain in his arms turned into a sharp stabbing as he moved and Heero groaned.

Duo's hands were warm against Heero's cold flesh and he shivered when he felt them moved underneath his tank top. Suddenly, Duo's hands were tugging at the fabric, pulling it up to expose the golden skin beneath. Heero yelped.

"W-what are you doing?"

"The massage will feel better if I take your shirt off while I do it," Duo said calmly. "Sheesh, don't be so jumpy."

Heero's pulse was now thundering in his ears and he had to force himself to take deep breaths as he tried to hide the flush that had crept up to his cheeks.'He's only trying to help you. Don't read too much into it, Yuy.'

Duo kneaded the top part of Heero's shoulder and rubbed down towards the blades, pressing his thumbs to the back of the neck where there was the most tension. Heero had to bite his lip hard to keep from crying out in pain, even then, he didn't succeed entirely. As small gasp escaped his lips and Duo noticed the look of pain on Heero's face, frowning.

"Do you have any oil, Hee-chan?"

For a moment, Heero couldn't understand what Duo was talking about, the sharp stabbing between his shoulders capturing all his attention.

"You mean…mechanical oil?"

"No," Duo laughed. "I mean massage oil. It would make this a lot less painful for you."

Heero shook his head and then buried his face in the pillows, hiding another groan as Duo's fingers pressed into the base of his neck again. Then the hands left him entirely. Heero looked up, confused and a little disappointed although he couldn't explain why.

"Duo?"

Duo was rummaging around in his bag for something, an intense look of concentration on his face.

"Duo?"

"Just a second Hee-chan…Aha! Found it!"

Duo held up a small bottle of some clear liquid triumphantly. As he unscrewed the cap the strong scent of sandalwood and musk invaded the room.

"What is it?" Heero asked.

"Cologne. It's the best I can do at the moment. Lie down."

"What?"

Duo almost laughed at Heero's surprised expression. "Lie down. It'll make it easier, trust me."

Heero almost looked like he was going to bolt but he was too tired to argue with Duo. Besides, his limbs were about ready to collapse anyway. Heero sank down on his stomach, burying his head in the cool sheets.

Duo poured a little of the cologne out on his hands and then rubbed them together. He then returned to Heero's side and started to knead the taught skin again, taking care to exact just the right amount of pressure on the sore, constricted muscles. Gradually, the tension left Heero's shoulders and Duo moved his hands lower, pressing outwards with his thumbs along Heero's rib cage. He was startlingly aware of the weight that his friend had lost over the past few days.'I really wish you would just tell me what's wrong, Heero.'

Duo spread his hands out fully over Heero's spine and pushed down slightly with his palms, rubbing the in slow, small circles over the smooth skin. As he worked, Duo noticed the many scars that Heero had collected on his otherwise unblemished body. Some looked recent; some looked as if they'd been with him his entire life.'Maybe the have. Heero's never told me about his past before he was a gundam pilot.'

Heero sighed as his muscles relaxed. Whatever Duo was doing, it was certainly working. Now that he wasn't so tense, sleep dragged at his eyes and Heero closed them wearily. The soft but sure touch of Duo's hands was soothing and Heero felt his consciousness fading into a sweet golden haze. Vaguely, Heero registered in the back of his mind that he probably shouldn't let Duo touch him this way, that this wasn't a good idea at all, not at all. But Heero pushed this thought away. What Duo was doing felt good, felt right. No one had ever touched him with so much tenderness. For once, Heero felt completely safe. No demon could touch him here, he was safe. Content with that knowledge, Heero's breathing evened out and deepened until he was locked in a sweet, dreamless sleep.

Duo marveled at the silky smoothness of Heero's skin, only broken by the distinct scar lines that crisscrossed in odd patters over his back. Duo traced the scars with his fingers cautiously, as if they might still hurt, feeling his heart clench inside with sudden anger.'How dare someone hurt my Hee-chan this way! How dare they! Well I'll make sure it never happens again, dammit. Never again…'

Heero sighed beneath his hands and Duo's anger left him. He went back to rubbing the boy's back in slow, deliberate circles. Heero's eyes were closed and his dark hair was a startling contrast against the whiteness of the sheets.'God, he so beautiful…'

Duo was glad that Heero couldn't see how this was affecting him. He was pretty sure that his arousal was now apparent through his pants and he couldn't help the way his cheeks flushed.'What you do to me, Heero…'

Although after a while all the previous tension had gone from Heero's body and his skin was pliant and malleable once again, Duo kept on gliding his fingers over Heero's back, loving the way he felt underneath his hands, not wanting to stop. Seeing as Heero did not object, Duo saw no reason to end his exploration. His hands tailed all over Heero's flesh, warming it and covering it with the scent of sandalwood. Duo knew that from this night on, anytime he smelled that cologne he would think back to this night. He was a little surprised that Heero would let him touch him like this. The Heero he knew shied away from any form of physical contact, up to and including a friendly hand on the shoulder. Duo had come to expect this from him. Then again, Heero was acting a bit strangely these days. Ever since they had come to this house…

All at once, Duo remembered that Heero had yet to answer to his question.

"Hey Hee-chan?"

No response.

"Heero?"

Duo leaned down over the still form beneath him and saw that he had fallen asleep.

'Oh well. Guess I'll have to ask him another time.'

Duo chuckled and reached over to snap off the light on the bedside table. Outside, the crickets chirped and other night sounds carried on the breeze through the open window. Duo laid down beside Heero, not bothering to change into his night clothes, and settled next to his warmth, placing a hand on his back so he could feel the rise and fall of the other pilots slow breathing. He had been so afraid when Heero almost killed himself that afternoon. He knew that he couldn't stand it if another person he cared about died. And then when Heero had asked him if he cared…'Oh Heero…Of course I care. I care more then you'll ever know.'

And on that note, Duo slipped into his own dreamworld where could actually say the words out loud…and Heero would say them back. And then they would proceed to have hot, dirty sex. Hey, he was an American teenaged boy. What do you want?

To Be Continued…

Heero: Ack! Drowning in a river of SAP!

Duo: Aw, I thought it was sweet. ^__^

Heero: I would never act like that. You're making me totally OOC.

Duo: Oh come off it, you like being comforted.

Heero: Omeo o korosu.

Duo: You're just a big baby ^__^

Heero: ::reaches for gun::

Cherry Blossom: Nuh uh. You can't kill him 'till I finish the series.

Heero: And how long will that take?

Cherry Blossom: Dunno. It's up to the readers I guess. Ya wanna see more? Review!

Duo: You wouldn't really shoot me, would ya Hee-chan?

Heero: Try me.