Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Making Heero Human ❯ Chapter 11

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Angry mob: ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Melpomene: Eep! ::ducks furniture:: What did you do?

Heero: It's more like what she didn't do. She hasn't worked on this fic for a month now.

Cherry Blossom: Sorry! I've been really really busy! Blame my job! Blame my parents! Just don't kill meeeeeeeee!

Matteo: ::ducks rotten fruit:: I don't think they're listening.

Cherry Blossom: What if I wrote more right now? Would that pacify you?

Angry mob: ::considers it::

Duo: Would it be a lemon? ^__^

Everyone: NO!

Duo: ::pouts:: You don't have to bite my head off. Sheesh.

Cherry Blossom: Let's get started.

Disclaimer: If I owned Gundam Wing I would have enough money to buy a decent word processor. Since I am presently typing this on the word processor from HELL this scenario is very improbable.

Warnings: Shounen ai!! Shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Have I made it clear to you people yet? MALE/MALE RELATIONSHIPS!!!! HOMOSEXUALS!!!! Got it? Good. So don't flame me because of it.

Making Heero Human - Part 12

Heero couldn't move, couldn't breathe, couldn't focus on anything except the soft lips that were presently pressed against his own. His cobalt eyes opened wide in surprise and he would have fallen over if Duo's strong arms hadn't suddenly came up to wrap around his waist and shoulder. For a second, his training kicked in.'Enemy too close. Disable with a swift kick to the groin. Gun in left back pocket. Drawing time: 2.5 seconds…'

Heero stiffened and began to draw his knee up. But then he stopped, relaxing slightly.'I can't do that. Duo is my friend, not my enemy. Besides, this feels…good.'

And it did feel good. In fact, Heero was surprised by how good it felt. He had seen other couples kissing before. Hell, he had seen Quatre and Trowa kissing often enough though Wufei had always wrecked the mood with a loud "get a room, hentais!" but he had not seen the big deal about it, this mouth on mouth. A kiss was just a touch like any other, after all. But now that he was experiencing it for the first time, Heero could see why Quatre and Trowa liked doing it so much. He concentrated on the feeling, wanting to memorize it.

Duo's lips were soft but firm and his head was tilted slightly to the side so that his mouth fit perfectly with Heero's. His violet eyes were closed and the chestnut and gold coloured strands of hair on his forehead mingled with the darker brown of Heero's wild bangs. For an instant, Heero was uncertain. Maybe he should close his eyes too, like Duo? But no, he wanted to watch Duo, wanted to see this beautiful creature that held him more gently than any other living being ever had. Heero kept his eyes open.

Duo's lips were slowly massaging his, taking the kiss deeper. His hands rubbed up and down soothingly on Heero's back and timidly, Heero moved his own hands to do the same. Duo smiled slightly at Heero's slow and unsure movements. He reached a hand up to cup the smaller Asian boy's cheek and moved his mouth harder against the other's lips. Hesitantly, Heero opened to him, and made a small noise of surprise when Duo's warm, wet tongue slid into his mouth.

Eagerly, Duo explored Heero's mouth, lapping widely at the soft walls of flesh inside, licking mischievously at the white pearly teeth, and gently sparring with Heero's tongue. Heero's knees quivered and the feeling that he was falling was getting somewhat stronger. He wondered what it was that gave Duo this much power over him. But no…Heero's vision was blurring as well and his head felt extremely dizzy. Knees buckling, Heero broke the kiss and slid to the ground, pulling the braided boy with him, only escaping cracking his head on a rock because of Duo's quick support. Gently, Duo eased him to the ground and watched, amused as he gasped for breath.

"Baka." he said. "You forgot to breathe, silly."

"Duo…" Heero gasped, trying to catch his breath.

Duo smiled and leaned closer, pushing the Asian boy flat on his back, waxy green grass twining in his hair and brushing his flushed cheeks.

"Shh," he whispered. "I never thought I'd say this to you Hee-chan but…shut up."

Hovering over him, Duo lowered his head to capture Heero's lips once more, moving his hands down over his chest and hips.

The ecstasy Heero was feeling quickly changed to something else, a feeling that this was all too familiar.'No, I…'

Heero's world suddenly collapsed into darkness and the frightened wailing of a child filled his ears.'Not now…'

Heero felt his limbs stiffen in protest as paralyzing fear worked its way through his body. Behind blue eyes the demon smiled.

"NO!"

Frantically, Heero pushed against the weight pressing him down. Pure animal panic caused him to lash out, striking harsh blows to anything in reaching distance. Startled, Duo sprang back out of the way of Heero's swinging fists.

"Heero, w-what's wrong?"'What did I do?'

The Perfect Soldier didn't answer, curling himself into a protective ball and covering his face with his hands. Puzzled and hurt, Duo got to his feet and backed away.

"I'll leave you alone now," he muttered miserably, not understanding what had gone wrong. Maybe Heero didn't feel the same way as he did? But he kissed back. He kissed back!

Upon hearing these words, Heero's head snapped up, his eyes livid with panic.

"Don't," he pleaded. "Don't leave me alone! I don't want to be alone in the darkness! Please don't go, I didn't mean to Duo, I promise…"

Heero reached out his hands to where Duo stood, tears running down his face. Instantly, Duo was back at his side, holding and comforting him. Grabbing big fistfuls of his shirt, Heero sobbed into Duo's chest, trying to get back to the place where he felt safe again.

"Hey now," Duo murmured, smoothing back Heero's hair, "don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. It's okay now. Heero…" Duo pulled back suddenly, wanting to look his friend in the eye, "will you tell me what's wrong? I want to help you but I can't do that if you don't confide in me."

Heero sighed and twisted his hands deeper into Duo's shirt. Nervously, he bit his lip.

"You have to promise not to laugh at me," he started.

"Heero," Duo said firmly. "I would never laugh at you."

Heero sighed again and there was a long pause. Finally, when Duo was beginning to think that Heero wasn't going to tell him…

"I've been having these…dreams lately. Memories, actually, from my childhood. You know that I was practically raised by Dr. J, right?"

Duo nodded, silently urging Heero to continue.

"Well…" Heero shifted suddenly in Duo's grasp. "During my training…I…I used to be afraid of the dark!" Heero blurted and then flinched, waiting for Duo's reaction.

Duo blinked, surprised.'Heero was afraid of the dark? Perfect Soldier Heero? Well…I guess all young children are afraid of _something_. Is this why he thought I'd laugh at him?'

"You were young," Duo said. "You couldn't help it. I was afraid of lots of things when I was little. Still am."

"Really?" Heero asked. "What are you the most afraid of?"

"Relena."

With a snort that almost sounded like laughter, Heero remarked, "Be serious."

"I am," Duo protested. "She's got that weird ability to find you wherever you go and her voice is so whiney and annoying. HEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRROOOOOOOOO!" Duo mimicked, "I'M RIGHT OVER HERE SO COME AND KILL MEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I break out in hives whenever she's around."

"Sure, sure," Heero said. "But…" he paused, his face returning to it's serious self. "My fear of the dark was irrational, and completely unworthy of a soldier. I had to get rid of it. So to cure me of my fear, Dr. J used to lock me in the basement of the lab for days. There were no windows and it was always very dark and I…"

Heero's voice caught and he trailed off uncertainly.

"You what?" Duo prodded.

Heero took and deep breath. "I used to imagine that there was a monster, waiting for me in the darkness. And I would hear myself, screaming. I still hear myself screaming," Heero said softly, closing his eyes and huddling a bit closer to Duo.

Duo tightened his embrace.

"Were you afraid that the monster would kill you?" he asked.

"No," Heero whispered, "I was afraid that he wouldn't."

Confused, Duo pulled back.

"What do you mean? Heero?"

"Nothing," Heero said, shaking his head. "Never mind. It's just a silly dream. I just…don't know how to deal with all these new emotions. I don't mean to hurt you Duo, really I don't, but…I don't know what you want from me!"

"I don't want anything from you that you aren't willing to give, Hee-chan," Duo said, gently kissing the other boy's forehead. "I just want you to be yourself. Not the Perfect Soldier. Not that cold, emotionless pilot they trained you to be. Just the kind and gentle person I know you are. I've seen the real you, hiding beneath all that macho crap you've got yourself believing in. I've seen it, and that's the Heero I fell in love with."

Heero blinked and sat up.

"You love me?"

"Well duh," Duo snorted. Then he smiled and placed a hand on Heero's cheek. "Of course I do. Why else would I put up with your constant "omeo o korosu's" and "baka's"? You know, for a perfect soldier you're kind of slow."

"Why you--" Heero's retort was broken off by the pressure of Duo's lips as they shared one more sweet kiss before Heero was pulled to his feet.

"Don't worry," Duo grinned while Heero gasped. "I'll give you some time to figure all this out Hee-chan. Just don't make me wait too long for your answer. I'm not very patient you know."

"Really, I haven't noticed," Heero said dryly, but his sarcasm was spoiled by the faint blush that graced his cheeks.

Duo laughed and took Heero's hand, leading him back towards the safehouse.

"In the meantime, let's get something to eat. I'm hungry!"

"You're always hungry."

"But you love me anyway, right Hee-chan?"

"………"

"Thought so. Tag, you're it!" Duo tapped Heero on the shoulder and then dashed off across the lawn, hoping the element of surprise would give him enough of a head start to let him reach the house before Heero caught up to him. Heero stared at his shoulder where Duo hit it for a few seconds, confused.

"Baka, get back here!" he demanded.

Duo turned around and stuck his tongue out at the other boy. "Nya nya, can't catch me! What's the matter Heero? Stone feet?"

"Aaargh!"

'Uh oh…' Duo picked up the pace as Heero finally took the hint and ran after him. 'Just a few more seconds…' A hand suddenly closed around the end of his braid, yanking him backwards.

"Whoa, watch the braid! Dammit that took me four hours to do up!"

"Serves you right."

"INJUSTICE! MAXWELLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!"

Both boys looked towards the house where the screech had originated from. Duo's faced paled in realization.

"Uh oh," he said. "Looks like Wufei finally found out about the peanut butter I put in his bed."

"I'd run."

"Yipes!"

Heero watched, a faint smile on his face as the ponytailed avatar of justice stormed out of the house, katana in one hand, jar of peanut butter in the other.

"You shall pay Maxwell," he seethed.

"But Wu-man," Duo protested. "It's only peanut butter."

"IT'S AN INJUSTICE!!!" the Chinese man shouted, waving his sword in the air.

"Actually," Duo said, sticking a finger in the peanut butter jar and scooping out a dollop of sticky brown peanut butter. He put it in his mouth and licked his lips. "It's pretty tasty."

Wufei's face turned red and his eyes nearly bulged out of his head. Shrieking, he raised the katana over his head, only to lower it again as a strange sound reached his ears. Both he and Duo turned to locate the source of the sound.

"Y-Yuy?"

Heero was hunched over, one hand pressed to his stomach, and a strange bubbly sound issued from his lips. His shoulders shook violently. Duo took a step forward, afraid that Heero might be having a heart attack or something.

"Hee-chan? Are you okay?"

Heero lifted his face to display the tears running down his face. His mouth was strange, distorted in a wide, silly…grin?

Duo gaped, mystified.

"Heero? Are you…laughing?"

To Be Continued…

Cherry Blossom: Has anyone guessed what the real issue is behind Heero's fear of the dark? It's not as simple as it seems. There are clues in what he says, in what the demon says.

Melpomene: Oooh, I smell angst ahead.

Duo: I think that's just Hee-chan. He needs a bath.

Heero: Duo, omeo o korosu!

Duo: Love you too, shnookums! ^__^

Heero: >_<

Matteo: ::sigh:: Does that mean that my comedy and sap fest is coming to an end?

Cherry Blossom: Not quite yet, but soon…Heero's gonna have to face his subconscious.

Heero: ::rolls eyes:: Whatever.

Duo: ::glomps him:: My poor Hee-chan!

Heero: Get off me, baka!

Duo: Don't worry! I'll protect you! ^_~

Matteo: Review!

Melpomene: Or we go on strike!

Cherry Blossom: But you don't have a union.

Melpomene: That's beside the point.