Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Making Heero Human ❯ Chapter 13

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Cherry Blossom: Well here we are, unlucky number thirteen.

Duo: You don't really believe that superstitious nonsense, do ya?

Cherry Blossom: ::polishes her horseshoe::

Matteo: ::kisses his lucky four-leaf clover::

Melpomene: ::painting Cherry's black cat orange::

Duo: ….you're all insane. We've got to get out of here before they infect us with their insanity, Heero!

Heero: ::hiding his rabbit's foot inside his shorts:: Huh…oh, what did you say Duo-kun?

Duo: O.o; Not you too, Hee-chan…

Heero: ::mumbles something unintelligible::

Cherry Blossom: Welcome to the dark side, Hee-chan. Since this is such an unlucky chapter, you'll excuse me if it isn't as long as the others. I promise the next part will be out quicker to compensate.

Melpomene: Yeah right.

Cherry Blossom: In the meantime, we make fun of Quatre and Wufei a lot in this chapter. Plus Heero goes a little psycho on us…

Duo: How's that different from most of the time?

Heero: Omeo o korosu, Duo.

Cherry Blossom: … And we get a hint of some upcoming angst and overused plot devices.

Melpomene: Yay!

Heero: Let's get it over with so I can go home.

Duo: Yeah, Hee-chan and I need some quality time…::leer::

Matteo: ::nosebleeds:: We don't wanna hear about it.

Cherry Blossom: Yes we do. ^__^

Disclaimer: If I owned Gundam Wing I would have enough money to buy a decent word processor. Since I am presently typing this on the word processor from HELL this scenario is very improbable.

Warnings: Shounen ai!! Shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Have I made it clear to you people yet? MALE/MALE RELATIONSHIPS!!!! HOMOSEXUALS!!!! Got it? Good. So don't flame me because of it.

Making Heero Human - Part 13

"Okay, this is creepy."

Standing there, watching Heero doubled over with laughter, Wufei had to admit that it was creepy. Never mind that there was nothing particularly funny to laugh about, the Heero Yuy Wufei knew would probably break his face if he ever dared to crack a smile. And yet here he was with a demented grin, tears of mirth leaking from Prussian blue eyes, with a severe case of the giggles. And he wasn't even blowing something up!

'He's been possessed by demons,' was Wufei's first and not-so-coherent thought.

"Who are you and what have you done with Yuy?" Wufei demanded, changing the position of his katana until it pointed at Heero's throat. Heero ignored this and just seemed to laugh harder. Duo rolled his eyes at Wufei and approached Heero carefully.

"Uh…Hee-chan? You feeling okay, buddy? I mean, Wufei's funny and all but, anou, he's not that funny."

Wufei fairly bristled with indignation. "Injustice Maxwell! Do not make such comments about me. You are the joker around here."

Duo grinned and pointed mockingly at Wufei. "Well he didn't start laughing until you showed up with your peanut butter problem so…"

"My peanut butter problem?!" Wufei shrieked in outrage. "You're the one who put it in my bed! And then you ran like a coward when I confronted you. Fight me, Maxwell! I demand satisfaction from you!"

"Why Wufei, I didn't know you swung that way," Duo replied, fluttering his eyelashes outrageously.

Wufei's nose instantly erupted in a fountain of red and he nearly dropped his katana in the process of trying to staunch the flow before it could stain his white overcoat.

"KISAMA! That's not what I meant and you know it!"

At this point Heero had nearly collapsed from an overdose of hilarity and he sank to his knees, clutching his ribs, which were heaving with each chuckle the bubbled forth from his lips.

"Wufei!"

All heads turned to see a worried looking Quatre running out to where the group was crowed, Trowa following close on his heels. Evidently he had heard Wufei's enraged scream about the injustice of peanut butter and had come to stop the brawl that he had assumed would take place shortly. Trowa had come out to make sure his blond lover was not injured in coming between the two pilots. And also to watch them fight. Duo and Wufei's spats had always been a source of amusement for Trowa although he tried not to show it because he knew their antics aggravated Quatre so.

"Don't you dare kill Duo, Wufei!" Shouted Quatre, seeing the katana in his hands and the bloodied nose. "We need him for the next mission and…and…what the?" Quatre's yells died off as he recognized the form of Heero Yuy huddled on the ground, laughing his ass off. "Heero?"

Startled ad not watching where he was going, the young Arabian tripped over a tree root emerging from the lawn and fell flat on his face. Moving too fast to stop in time, Trowa followed suit, tripping over Quatre's prone body and sprawling in the dirt beside him.

Duo smiled and gestured grandly towards his fallen comrades. "Behold," he intoned, "the ever graceful; Quatre Raberba Winner."

"Shut up Duo," Quatre growled in a manner totally unlike him, spitting grass out of his mouth while a concerned Trowa helped him to his feet. He looked down at the wide grass stains on his khakis and wailed, "These were my favorite pants!"

There was dead silence for a few moments.

And then all hell broke loose.

Duo fell to the ground, pointing a finger at the affronted Quatre with one hand and holding his stomach with the other, head thrown back with laughter. Heero was already on the ground so his hilarity just continued unhindered. Even Wufei hid his smile behind a hand and Trowa, trying desperately trying not to laugh at his lover, was just lucky that the shock of brown hair covering half his hair hid his smirk as well or he would have been sleeping on the couch for some time.

As it was Quatre, not liking to be the object of so much ridicule, crossed his arms over his chest and pouted which really only made it even funnier.

"I see nothing to laugh about," he said, quite miffed. "And you needn't look so smug Trowa Barton! You fell too."

Duo sighed, wiping the tears from his eyes and letting out one last chuckle.

"Sorry Q-man but you just looked so silly I couldn't help myself."

Quatre was clearly not appeased but he accepted Duo's apology gracefully. The only problem was; Heero was still laughing.

"It wasn't that funny," Quatre muttered, glaring at the Wing pilot.

Trowa apparently agreed because frowned at Heero and said sternly, "You are hurting Quatre's feelings. Stop laughing."

But Heero didn't appear to have heard him. His eyes were glassy and filled with tears and his breath was coming in hitching puffs of air between bouts of manic, almost insane laughter. His hands were pressed hard against his ribs, which must have been hurting terribly by now. His shoulders shook convulsively and his face was contorted by that wide, disturbing grin that would have looked more normal on Duo in his Shinigami role.

"Heero…" Duo came over to stand beside the normally stoic pilot, placing a cautious hand on his shaking shoulder. "You can stop laughing now," he said gently. The boy didn't answer. Duo shook his shoulder a bit, trying to snap him out of it.

"C'mon Heero this isn't funny! You're starting to scare me. Stop laughing, dammit!"

But Heero couldn't, couldn't control his body at all and it frightened him. All the stress of the past few days, all of his fears and hopes and uncertainties had been brought too close to the surface to be pushed back down under, but Heero's inexperience with emotions refused to let him come to an answer in his own time. The tension had to be released and it had to be released now and there was nothing to kill or destroy anywhere close so…

Heero's body took matters into it's own hands. And it was working, except that he was running out of air and hyperventilation from excessive laughter seemed such a ridiculous way to die…

Now thoroughly worried, Duo knelt down and looked at Heero's contorted face. Usually the standard procedure for dealing with a hysterical person was a quick slap to the face. But Duo was kind of attached to the idea of living past his sixteenth birthday and, although he doubted that Heero would actually kill him, he didn't want to take that chance. So he did the next best thing: he kissed the pilot, hard.

Surprised to say the least, Heero's eyes snapped back into focus and his rasping, almost painful laughter stopped immediately. He relaxed in Duo's arms, not returning the kiss but not resisting either and when Duo pulled away he found himself slightly disappointed until he realized that he needed oxygen…badly.

After drawing a few shaky breaths into his burning lungs, Heero finally got himself under control. He looked up to find Duo's violet eyes staring with trepidation into his own. The others were also staring at Heero, a mixture of concern and disbelief crossing their features. Heero's breath hitched and Quatre rubbed at his chest absently, not taking his eyes off of Heero.

Opening his mouth, Heero attempted to explain.

"I…I don't…what just…" Giving up, Heero rose unsteadily to his feet and ran back into the safe house, ignoring Duo's calls for him to wait up.

'How? How could I lose control like that? What happens if I lose myself again? I'm going insane…I must get control back somehow. This is too dangerous, far too dangerous…got to get away.'

Watching Heero stumble into the house, Duo raised a hand in a hopeless attempt to make him come back. The others, shaken out of their stupor by Heero's hasty retreat, turned to Duo for answers.

"What did you do to him Maxwell?" Wufei accused harshly.

"Me?!" Duo turned on him, wounded. "I didn't do anything to him Wufei!"

Wufei snorted, unconvinced. "He's only begun acting strange this past couple of days, which, I remember, is precisely about the time you decided to antagonize him to see if you could get a reaction, am I right?"

"No!" Duo protested, and then bit his bit thoughtfully. "No, I never meant for him to feel like this. It's not because of me that he's suffering, right? Oh God, I never wanted to hurt him…not like this!"

Trowa cut into Duo's ramblings before he could work himself into a panic of self-guilt. "Of course you didn't. It's not your fault Duo."

"You'd better go after him," Quatre added. "He's upset and I don't know what he's going to do."

Nodding, Duo ran off in the direction of the safe house, long chestnut braid thwaping urgently against his back.

Trying to ease the pain in his heart, Quatre rubbed at his chest worriedly.

"I hope Duo finds out what's bothering Heero soon," he said softly. "If he holds onto this hurt for too long it will destroy him, inside and out."

Offering what little comfort he could, Trowa pulled Quatre close and threaded an arm around his waist protectively.

"I'm sure Duo will succeed in getting Heero to talk eventually. Look how far he's gotten already."

Quatre smiled gratefully at Trowa and tucked his head underneath the taller pilot's chin with a tired sigh.

"You're right, of course. I'll try to stop worrying so much."

"I don't understand any of this," Wufei exclaimed wearily, throwing his arms in the air and stalking off to the hanger to discuss this recent upheaval with Nataku.

Watching him go, the two lovebirds headed off to the woods to give Heero and Duo some time alone together in hopes that they would work whatever was bothering Heero out.

Neither of them noticed the pink limousine parked in the bushes a way's off from the safe house.

To Be Continued…

Duo: Dun, dun, dun!

Matteo: And the plot thickens.

Duo: This really is an unlucky chapter.

Heero: Did you have to bring Relena into this?

Cherry Blossom: But of course. What's a good 2x1 fic without a little interaction from everyone's favorite princess?

Duo: You're being sarcastic, right?

Melpomene: I actually got to have a hand in most of this chapter. Yay! And I get the next couple of ones too!

Matteo: Boooh. I like my pointless fluff better.

Cherry Blossom: Of course you do. That's why you're my muse o' comedy. But I need some kind of plot to develop here. Poor Hee-chan. He's so vulnerable right now who knows what may happen now that Relena's shown up.

Duo: ::glomps his lover protectively:: I'll protect you from the pink menace Hee-chan!

Heero: Hn.

Cherry Blossom: Don't forget to review ^__^