Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Picture ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

{Disclaimer} I do not own Gundam Wing nor have I ever or hope to. Too expensive for my tastes. I'm just playing with them. And yes, I'll put them back when I'm done.

Title: "Picture"

Author: Solitary Rose

Pairings: 1+2, 1X2, 3+4, attempted 13X2, 5+S, 1+H (implied 1xH), D+C

Genre: Drama, AU, Hentai (in Chp. 14 and on)

Rating: NC-17

Archive: http://www.mediaminer.org - type in Solitary_Rose in the search.

WARNINGS: Attempted NCS, Swearing, Lime, Lemon, Shounen Ai, Het, Not a lot of warm fuzzies sorry. Street life, cross-dressing of 02 and 04 *Meep!* Also I altered history; transvestites are legal as are homosexual marriages. If you don't like it, don't read it. Don't flame me later on saying that I want my characters to get fucking stoned. In my own little world this is my dream, please don't bitch. (Also, I've now decided to put the warning on every chapter seeing as how people don't read. -_-)

Feedback: If you want. I don't reply though, sorry.

Spoilers: None - it's an AU. In no way related to the actual story line.

Chapter Two

3 Months Later

Duo pulled the door to Sylvia's room closed, carefully balancing the large tray that held teacups and service. He hummed softly to himself as he started down the hall towards the back stairs that led to the kitchen.

He considered that, with the exception of Treize Krushrenda, his life the past few months have been both interesting and enlightening. Early on, Duo had realized he had a flair for acting. On the occasions he and Quatre were able to spend some time together, he had mimicked Treize and his guests so well that Quatre had been convulsed with laughter. At these times he realized that Quatre had no idea of the darker side of Treize Krushrenda. Of course, he had never looked at Quatre the way Duo had discovered Treize looking at him.

Even Duo had to admit he had kept his word. Both Duo and Quatre had received new clothes. Not the very best, but certainly better than either of them were used to. His room was quite comfortable, as was Quatre's and on the day and a half each week that they had off, both boys were given a few coins and the opportunity to shop or just spend the day together.

This they did, exploring parts of London they had never seen before. They visited shops where they were smiled upon and greeted warmly. This alone was a novelty.

Duo also liked Sylvia Krushrenda. He felt a deep sympathy for her. He often sat and talked to Sylvia, especially in the evenings when business called Treize away. He knew one thing for certain. Treize Krushrenda constituted Sylvia's world. She worshipped the very ground that he walked upon.

Sylvia told Duo that she had come from a well-to-do family, and her parents had sheltered and pampered her until, at seventeen, she met Treize. He had swept her off her feet in a whirlwind romance that was the envy of all Sylvia's friends. Of course, he did not have a great deal of money. But both parents and daughter were so charmed that they tended to overlook this.

She married Treize in one of the largest and most elaborate wedding that London had ever seen. Her parents had spared no expense, even giving the young couple a honeymoon trip that circled the world.

When her parents had died shortly after the wedding, the wealth they left her bought the elaborate and massive mansion that she and Treize now lived in. They had lived together happily for ten years, but then one catastrophe followed another. She had been involved in several accidents. Once, she admitted, she had eaten something that almost killed her. Then, just a few years before . . . the carriage accident.

"Treize was so wonderful then," Sylvia said in her perpetually gentle voice. "Even when the doctors told him I would never walk again. He has been so kind and considerate."

"He must love you very much." Duo had said. Sylvia was a small woman who looked lost in the huge four-poster bed in which she had spent so many years of her life.

"I know how difficult it is for him to spend so much time with me. Business is so demanding. It was so wonderful of him to bring you boys here to keep me company. Treize has grown quite fond of you and has certainly found great pleasure in seeing that you are rewarded for your diligence and care."

"Quatre and I are very grateful."

Duo had taken to bringing Sylvia's tea each afternoon, and after a while, at Sylvia's insistence, he had remained to share it and to talk. Sylvia had a never-ending interest in the world outside her home.

Duo had also taken to avoiding Treize as much as he could, for as the days went on, he realized Treize did not miss an opportunity to touch him, or to remind Duo of his generosity.

Each time they met, Duo would feel his legs tremble and did his best to avoid looking directly at him. Each time he became more aware that the warmth of his gaze was not that of a man for a servant.

He could feel his gentle touch on his arm when, on these occasions, he stopped to speak to him, and it made his flesh quiver. Still, there was nothing he could do, and Quatre admired their benefactor, which made Duo felt like he was frightened of shadows.

Now he moved down the hallway, alert for sounds and feeling his nerves stretch. He hated the idea that he was afraid without any reason for being so. But he was afraid.

He was within a few feet of the back staircase when he heard Treize's door open. He was surprised, for he usually was not home at this time of day.

"Duo." He spoke his name quietly. Reluctantly he turned to face him, supporting the heavy tray with both hands.

"Yes, Mr. Krushrenda?"

"My dear boy, how many times have I asked you to not be so formal? You are not exactly a servant. I should much prefer for you to call me Treize." He smiled as he approached to stand close to him. Only the small silver tray stood between them.

"I . . . I don't think it quite proper, sir. I would feel . . . I just don't think that I should."

"You look beautiful today, Duo. Violet is a lovely color on you. Do you like the new clothes I had made for you?"

In truth Treize had bought Duo dresses instead of pants and shirts like he should be, but Duo wasn't about to insult Treize by not wearing the clothes he bought for him. "Yes, sir. You've been more than generous. I really have no need for any more clothes."

"Well good. I've never seen a person who hasn't enjoyed pretty clothes. Your friend, Quatre, does he enjoy his clothes?" Quatre was given a pair of trousers and a work shirt, but was also given a few dresses as well.

"Yes, he enjoys them a lot."

"And . . . he likes it here? He's being treated well?"

Duo felt, for a minute, that this was a subtle kind of threat. Would he consider sending them back, or - the thought shook him - sending Quatre back alone?

"Oh yes, sir. He really does. Une the cook is very kind, and his room and all the lovely things you given him are such a blessing."

Good. Duo . . . I want to talk to you about something . . . special."

"Special?" Duo's heart began to thud loudly.

"Yes, it's been so long since my dear wife has been able to accompany my anywhere you see and I know my being lonely has caused her great sorrow. I have a theatre box, and Sylvia has insisted I go to the play tonight. It is one I have longed to see. Would you do me the honor of accompanying me? I assure you, you will be home by midnight. It would ease Sylvia's mind. I . . . I do feel uncomfortable asking you to give up your time, but - "

Duo felt the guilt and sympathy Treize had planned on. Guilt that he would refuse him a favor after all he had done for him and Quatre, and sympathy for his worried wife.

"I . . . I really have nothing appropriate to wear to such an affair. I'm sure I would disgrace you."

"Hardly." Treize said warmly. "As for something to wear, I have been presumptuous and have bought you a gown. It's in your room on the bed."

"Oh." Duo was still too intimidated, and much too young to cope with this situation. This man had done a great deal for both him and Quatre, and he was too inexperienced to know how to handle a well-planned frontal assault.

"Be ready by seven-thirty, and don't eat any dinner. I have made arrangements for that."

"Yes . . . yes, sir," Duo reluctantly replied. Treize smiled again, but did not touch him as he had almost expected. He reached for resistance against something he could not define. It was like doing battle with cobwebs. Treize, capable seducer, knew this better than he did.

Quatre sat on the edge of the bed, nervous just because he was "above stairs" as he put it. He could tell that Duo was just as nervous as he was.

"You look wonderful, Duo. I've never seen such a gown as pretty as that. You look like royalty."

"But I'm not royalty. I'm just Mrs. Krushrenda's maid."

"Why are you so upset? This is a chance to wear nice clothes, to see a play and go to a fancy dinner. A chance like this might never come along again. You're lucky to get such an opportunity."

Duo looked at his reflection in the mirror. Quatre was right, he did look beautiful, and the gown was exquisite. It was like burnished copper and cut low with layers of lace that left his shoulders to view. The waist was so fitted that it made him look thinner than he really was. Quatre, who had a delicate touch for such a thing, had dressed his chestnut hair carefully. Duo usually just pulled his thigh-length hair into a braid and wore it that way. It was a mass of curls that framed his face and hung to his waist with fine copper ribbons woven through it. His eyes seemed wider than usual, and he knew they reflected in their violet depths, his fear that he could not seem to control.

"I'm not sure whose opportunity it is," Duo muttered, more to himself then to Quatre.

"Duo, what harm can there be in enjoying an evening? Perhaps you misread him and he's just trying to be generous."

Duo remained quiet, but inwardly he held deep reservations about the evening's affair. He didn't feel comfortable. The world was not black and white; there were shades of gray in-between.

"Perhaps he is," he replied. He watched Quatre smile in relief. But still a nagging wariness plagued him. He meant to be very cautious, because he knew quite well there was no one to turn to. Who would believe him against the word of a man with Treize Krushrenda's reputation?

"The dress is gorgeous, Quatre, and I do appreciate it and Mr. Krushrenda's generosity. I guess I am just a bit nervous."

"You needn't be. You look ever bit like royalty, and you're such a fine actor. I've seen you mimic Mr. Krushrenda's guests, you're really good. With that ability nose of those well-bred ladies will think you're anything else but one of them. Remember the night you pretended to be Ms. Noventa? Une is still laughing. You'll be just fine tonight. You'll have so much fun, and you can tell me all about it when you get home."

"Of course I'll tell you about it. I'll act out every character I meet and try to remember everything about them. We'll have great fun." Duo sighed. "I guess I better go. Mr. Krushrenda will be waiting for me downstairs, and I don't think he will like it if I keep him waiting."

Quatre wished Duo a wonderful evening and then left the room to dash down the back stairs to his quarters, where he would enjoy dreams of his own.

In Sylvia's room, Treize was seated on the edge of his wife's bed, holding her hand in his. He watched her slowly relax, smiling at his consideration. He'd brought her tray for her evening meal and coaxed her with smiles and sweet endearments to eat everything. He insisted that she drink all her wine.

What Sylvia didn't know was that the wine and her soup were both heavily laced with laudanum. Treize watcher her eyes close and he smiled. It would take a battery of cannon fire to wake her this night. The house would be close to empty of servants, for he had already planned the evening for Quatre as well.

Quatre had hardly reached his room when Une rapped on his door. When Quatre saw who it was he smiled. Une had been kind to him from the day of his arrival.

"Quatre, my dear, get your cloak and come with me."

"But it's past seven, where must we go?"

"I need help to fetch the new pastries for the guests' tomorrow night, from Alex's shop. Mr. Krushrenda wants them tonight, and lazy Alex has not filled them all. We need an extra pair of hands. It'll most likely take most of the evening, but I wouldn't want to disappoint Mr. Krushrenda."

Quatre had not recourse but to agree. He put on his cloak and walked to the back of the house with Une, where Alex's cart awaited them.

Treize stood at the window above them and smiled as he watched the two left. Une was a kind and gentle soul, and had been easy to deceive. Especially when he had paid greedy Alex. He knew Quatre would not return until late. He turned to look at his sleeping wife, then left the room and walked downstairs to his study.

There he poured himself a generous amount of brandy and savored both it and the prospect of the evening to come.

He was caught in this fantasy when a timid knock sounded at the door. "Come," he said softly.

When he opened the door and stood framed in the dark polished wood of the doorway, Treize inhaled a deep, ragged breath. Innocence and beauty contained in burnished copper made his entire body react.

Duo had been told to call him Treize, but no matter how generous and kind he was, this was difficult for him. Somehow it seemed to make him more vulnerable.

Mi . . . Treize, I'm sorry if I kept you waiting."

"Nonsense my dear, the wait was well worth it. I believe that you are the loveliest creature it has ever been my pleasure to escort. The gown suits you well."

"Thank you, I shall be very careful with it, for I know it must have been quite expensive."

Treize imagined Sylvia's frail, formless body in the gown and was glad he had purchased it without her knowing. This gown could be no one's but Duo's own. He fully intended to see that a lot more belonged to him. Once Duo was in his bed, he meant to attire him in the best of everything.

Eventually, he decided, he would place Duo in appropriate apartments of his own where Treize could be free to come and go as he chose.

"Nonsense, the gown is perfect for you. In fact, you may keep it."

"Oh, I couldn't I -"

"I'm sure my wife would be very upset if you were to refuse it. Come . . . come here, my dear." He walked across the room to stand closer to him. "The dress needs something." He smiled as he reached out and took a black velvet box from his desk. He snapped it open, he saw black silk choker with a gold and copper cameo inside.

Dou could only stand stunned as Treize removed them form the box and walked behind him to wrap the choker around his slender neck. Duo's scent made Treize tremble. Patience, he cautioned himself . . . patience.

"There. That accents the gown and your loveliness perfectly. Now, we must hurry. The first act will begin in less than an hour."

They left the house and entered Treize's carriage. Duo had only traveled in it once before, on the trip from the orphanage. This luxury was a delight to him, but he forgot it in his wonder at the theatre itself. Ladies glittered and gentlemen stood proud . . . and Treize watched Duo. He saw Duo's eyes glow and his smile brighten, and hoped he was awakening a desire for this kind of life in him.

Duo was so excited he felt as if he were a weightless bubble floating through on a dream. He sat enchanted throughout the first two acts, and accepted another new thing at intermission - champagne.

Treize had already poured his third glass before they went in to see the final act.

Duo had adapted like a chameleon, and if Treize hadn't known of his dubious ancestry, Treize would have labeled him a person of culture. Never was he more satisfied than now that Duo would fit into his plans admirably.

Still a bit giddy from the champagne, Duo was awed by the way Treize was treated by the maitre d' at the restaurant. The table they were given was situated in a small alcove where they were a bit secluded from the rest of the diners.

Treize ordered for them both, and Duo had never tasted such exquisite food before. He hardly, noticed that Treize kept his wineglass filled and continually urged him to taste.

By the time they left the restaurant, Duo was relaxed, content, and totally without armament against Treize's plans.

He chattered on the ride home, reliving the pleasures of fine food and excellent entertainment. When they reached the house, Treize dismissed his driver, who drove away grim-faced and cold-eyed. If Duo didn't know what Treize was about, the driver did. But it was beyond his power to stop it. He had already experienced the power of Treize's anger.

Duo stumbled up the steps, and Treize had to put his arm around him to keep Duo from falling. His arm remained there.

Duo looked at the swirling world and was grateful for Treize's arm. He would have to remember to thank him in the morning for an evening he would never forget. From this moment on he had to concentrate on walking.

There were inside his room, his cloak was gone, and Treize had removed his shoes and stockings before a vague warning tried to force its way into his mind. He seemed to be watching Treize from a distance, as if what he was doing had no effect on him at all. Treize had taken off his jacket and vest, but still this seemed of little import to him. Duo was dizzy and really wanted nothing more than to go to bed.

Treize sat down on the edge of the bed beside Duo and reached up to gently take the pins from his hair, letting it cascade about him like a waterfall of sunbeams and moonlight.

Slowly he moved his hand to the back of Duo's gown, where deft and experienced fingers untied the lacings. Duo was in a semi-stupor, and when he drew Duo to his feet the gown slid to the floor with a whisper and lay around his feet like a puddle of molten copper.

Treize gazed at him with rapt fascination. Desire coursed through him like a flame. That he was helpless and vulnerable made little difference to him. He wanted Duo.

Dressed only in a petticoat and briefs, Duo was the vision Treize had held in his mind all the long nights he had planned this.

But his relentless dreams and hot desire were to prove his own undoing, for he could not retain the control he'd had. He drew Duo into his arms, one arm around Duo's trim waist and the other hand in his hair. Then he took Duo's mouth in a fierce, possessive kiss that tore the curtain of unreality away from Duo's mind.

Duo felt the heated moistness of Treize's mouth as he forced Duo's mouth open. He felt his body crushed against Treize's length and felt the fierce heat and strong hold with which he imprisoned Duo in. Reality was like an icy shower. He was in his room with Treize, and he was almost completely naked. Duo began to struggle.

But he had an advantage. Duo was half his strength and Treize held Duo in a strong grip he could hardly break.

Treize knew his advantage well, and he forced Duo backward and off balance until both of them tumbled to the bed.

Duo began to fight in earnest. He was as ineffectual as a mouse in the paws of a lion, had he not drawn his knees up reflexively and connected with Treize's groin.

He heard Treize gasp in agony, and his hold loosened. Duo pushed him enough to roll himself away and fairly leapt from the bed. He turned to see him lying on the bed, his face contorted with pain and both of his hands grasping his groin. Duo did not care what damage he might have done; he could think only of escape.

He raced for the door and jerked it open, and then he ran down the hall to the back stairs. He needed safety and since there was no one in the house except Mrs. Krushrenda and Quatre, he ran for Quatre's room. He could not face Sylvia with such a story. Perhaps Sylvia would not even believe him. Then he would be put on the street. Where could he go?

Quatre's door was locked, and Duo pounded on it for several minutes before a wide-eyed and frightened Quatre opened it. Duo almost fell into the room.

"Duo! My God, what happened to you?"

"He . . . he tried . . . oh Quatre, I was a fool to do this. He- "

"Where is he?" Quatre said firmly. So firmly in fact that Duo was surprised.

"In . . . in my room. Oh, Quatre."

"Let me lock the door. No one will harm you. I'll get you a robe, and then you must tell me what happened."

When Duo sat huddled on Quatre's bed, dressed in one of his robes, Duo tried to calm himself down. But he still trembled and his teeth chattered.

Berating himself for being all kinds of a fool, he related the story to Quatre, who sat and listened without interrupting.

"You were drunk?" Quatre said in awe.

"Yes, oh, what a gullible fool I was. I didn't realize . . . . I was having so much fun and I drank champagne and wine . . . and -"

"What are you going to do? Are you going to go to Mrs. Krushrenda and accuse- "

"No, I can't do that. She's so kind, and what if she doesn't believe me?"

"Then what?"

"I don't know, but I've got to leave here."

"Where would we go?"

"I don't know, I don't care. I only know that if I don't leave here, there may be a day . . . or a night when I can't fight him off. I have no defenses; one day he will succeed. I don't think I can live with that. I would kill myself before I become a toy he could play with and discard when the whim struck him." He paused and gazed at Quatre in the pale moonlight. Another terrible thought had come to him. "And after he tired of me . . . there would be you. Quatre, he is unscrupulous. Perhaps . . he might even decide he wants us both."

"Oh, he is an evil man," Quatre said angrily. "And everyone believes he is so kind and good. Duo, what if we were to go back to Helen?"

"That would be the first place he'd look. And what story would he tell her? That we had stolen . . . or been promiscuous?"

"Then we must run."

"But we have no money."

"I've saved a few coins and I know you have too. We will make them last until we find a position somewhere. We'll be all right as long as we stick together."

"I thought I was the strong one," Duo laughed, "But it seems that you are."

"No, I'm not. I just can't see you giving yourself to that man so we can have the safety of his roof over our heads and his food in our bellies. Teaching us a kind of profession," Quatre spat angrily. "You can see what kind of profession he was trying to teach us. I'll gather some thing and you- "

"What if he is still in my room, waiting for me to return?"

"We'll go together. He can't handle two of us."

Cautiously they gathered a bundle of Quatre's clothes and the few coins he had. Then they made their way to Duo's room, which they found empty. Duo's first act was one of anger as he grasped the copper gown that still lay on the floor and tore it into shreds.

Then he too, gathered a bundle of clothes and the two boys escaped the house through the back door.

In Treize's study he sat, one hand holding his offended groin as it throbbed with pain, while he tossed back several swigs of whiskey. Grim and angry determination filled him. He would have Duo Maxwell if he had to beat him into submission. Tonight was his, but there was always tomorrow. There were many ways to tame someone of Duo's spirit, and he would not hesitate to use whatever means he needed.

The streets were not the refuge Quatre and Duo had envisioned. Because they knew Treize might be looking for them, they sought out the more unsavory parts of the city. Fear kept them moving, and as the days passed their inexperience began to show. Within a week their coins had dwindled to nearly nothing, even though they tried to be frugal.

Another week found them penniless. They sold what clothes they had carried along, but this money, too, was soon gone.

Unable to pay for shelter, they found themselves growing more frightened, dirtier, and even hungrier every day.

They protected each other as best they could, one staying awake while the other made use of a darkened doorway for a little sleep.

They ran from every bobby that they saw, sure that Treize had set them on their trail. Often they fought off or ran from advances of unsavory men looking for an accommodating whore, or others they knew would sell them into a kind of slavery they could imagine only in their nightmares.

They horror their lives had become steadily grew worse. Both prayed, both often cried themselves to exhausted sleep, and both boys tried to hold at bay the inevitable fear that, to survive they must succumb and earn money in the most degrading way.

The choice was taken out of their hands one evening, an evening of misty fog and slight rain.

A man under the name of Mueller had pursued them both. He had promised them they could earn money under his expert guidance. He would find the men; all they would have to do was give them an hour or so of entertainment.

They were cornered in an alleyway and Mueller was using the kind of persuasion of which he was a master.

"There's nothing to it," he said grinning amiably. "I've never seen someone die of it yet." This lie was one neither Duo nor Quatre recognized. "You boys are both hungry, and you sure as hell need a place to sleep and some clothes. How would you like a hot bath and a good meal? I can provide both. You're both a lot prettier than most of the girls that work in this area. With my help you could make more money that I bet either of you have ever seen. Come on . . . . trust me, it's easy."

Duo gulped heavily. He was so hungry and so tired that he had even begun to think of crawling back to Treize begging to be forgiven.

Quatre too, was a bit dazed from hunger and deprivation, and Mueller knew this well. Had he not recruited his girls and boys from such innocents as this a million times before? He took a step closer, and then all three were shocked by the coldness of the voice that came out of the mist.

"Mueller, you bastard, I thought I told you never to come near the Round again."

Both Duo and Quatre were stunned to see the effect this voice had on Mueller, who seemed to shrink as he turned to face it. What shocked Duo and Quatre was the slim, beautiful woman who stepped from the mist. Two Orientals, a blond woman and a black haired man with black eyes accompanied her. In her hand was a long-bladed knife that glistened in the half-light.

"Dorothy," Mueller gasped. "I wasn't doin' nuthin. I was just passing through and these two pretty things looked like they needed help."

"No person alive needs your kind of help, Mueller." Her voice was like the blade she held, cold and cruel and efficient. "I don't know whether to kill you here or just let Sally and Wufei break every bone in your scrawny body."

"Now Dorothy, come on," Mueller whined. "I didn't do no harm."

"This is your last chance. I catch you on my street again and they'll find you body parts all over London. Go away Mueller, far away."

Mueller was gone almost before the words were out of her mouth, and Duo and Quatre gazed with awe as the woman called Dorothy threw back her head and laughed.