Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Picture ❯ Chapter 7

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 7

Duo looked from Milliardo to Heero, whose face had regained its composure and bore a smile that Duo would never call pleasant. It was the smile of a predator when he had found his prey.

All the things Milliardo had told Duo about Heero came flooding back into his mind. He had been gullible. He had fallen under Heero Yuy's charm as Milliardo had warned him he might. He had almost allowed himself to fail Milliardo because he was naïve enough to believe that this charming Heero, in the bosom of his equally charming family, was to be taken at face value. He felt as if he had betrayed Milliardo, and decided that he was going to fulfill his mission at any cost.

As Duo was introduced to each person, he tried to maintain a casual dignity. He could feel his hand tremble in Milliardo's when he spoke to him and smiled at Duo politely. Duo fought to keep recognition from his eyes.

Milliardo held Duo's hand tightly for a brief moment, brought it to his lips, and kissed it, meeting his eyes with no sign of recognition in his.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Duo. Heero has never revealed he had a charming creature such as yourself as his neighbor. Had they known, I'm sure half the court would have come stampeding."

"Thank you." Duo smiled warmly to make sure Milliardo knew how grateful he was that Milliardo was there.

Watching them, Heero felt a sudden piercing jealousy that shocked him. It was an emotion to which he was not accustomed.

Duo understood why Milliardo paid much more attention to Juanita during the rest of the evening than to him. He couldn't afford to have it look as if they had known each other before. Duo understood, but he didn't like it. He also had the vague feeling that Juanita didn't like it either, even though she was polite.

Though Milliardo was engaged in conversation with Juanita, who sat beside him, Duo who sat opposite him, could see his shift of attention when Doktor S spoke to Heero.

"I say, Heero, I forgot to tell you. There's a new rumor flying about."

"There is nothing new about rumors," Heero replied with an amused smile.

"There is when they talk about assassinations," S replied firmly.

"Assassinations," Mrs. J gasped. "Now, S, I've never heard of such a thing."

"Madam" - S smiled - "I shouldn't expect you had. It's been bandied about in the local taverns."

Melanie J appeared both properly shocked and just as obviously interested.

"I'm afraid such talk has always buzzed around the taverns," Heero said, trying to brush it off slightly.

"Not when the name mentioned is so close to the crown," Lord O said quietly.

"Just who is the intended victim?" Heero asked.

"Lord Errol Wray," O replied

"Impossible." Heero's voice clearly expressed controlled anger.

"Why impossible?" S questioned.

"Because assassins need a cause, and Errol is popular with the royal house and most of the people. He's done too much good for too many."

"It seems," Milliardo said, "that there is some he is not popular with."

Heero's eyes snapped in Milliardo's direction, and he seemed to be struggling to restrain a sharp reply. Instead he found control and smiled.

"Do you not suppose that Errol is aware of those who don't agree with some of the policies he's before the queen?" Heero asked. "Do you suppose that, as much as he had his detractors, he had his friends? We must presume these friend are just as active as his enemies."

"I would not doubt it for a moment." Milliardo smiled. "Heero, you are one of his closest friends, are you not?"

"I am proud to say that I am."

"I would think it most difficult to trace such a rumor . . . to run the conspirators down," Milliardo suggested.

"Most difficult." Heero smirked. "So much for rumors." He stood. "I propose a toast," he said as he lifted his goblet of wine. "To Lord Errol Wray. May the conspirators against him be confounded."

"Here, here," S agreed with a smile.

"Speaking of court, Heero," Juanita said, "When are you coming back? There have been many inquiring about you return."

"Many," S chuckled. "You have left a lot of broken hearts when you decided to hide yourself down here."

"Did your departure have anything to do with an invitation to a masquerade ball?" Milliardo inquired, and Heero turned a frigid glance his way.

"I believe the Duke of Claymont and his wife will be returning to court soon," Morgana said and accepted her son's half smile as a reward. "You didn't know, Heero? I'm afraid" - she smiled at Milliardo - "that the comings and goings of duke and duchess are not as important to Heero as you must believe. Of course, when you listen to gossip, it often has a way of being disappointing."

Heero lifted his glass and drank, Juanita smiled, and Morgana looked innocently content.

The dinner remained pleasant from that moment on, and after some coaxing; Juanita agreed to play the pianoforte.

Duo was walking to the music room when Milliardo moved up beside him. Duo felt a folded piece of paper being thrust into his hand and he grasped it quickly. While Juanita played, Duo drifted to a window. There, with his back to the others, he quickly unfolded the note and read.

. . .As far as my information tells me, the letters have been in his possession when he left London. It is hard to tell if they are at the family townhouse in London or here. Do your best to find them. Our future depends on it.

Slowly Duo tore the note into very tiny pieces. Then he opened the window a crack and put his hand out to let them flutter in the breeze.

"Nita has played better.' Heero's voice came from so behind Duo that he gasped at the sound of it.

"If you're bored, perhaps the carriage ride home will make you feel better. The night is beautiful."

"I'm not bored," Duo replied. "Just a bit tired. I've developed a bit of a headache. Maybe it is time to go."

Heero was actually the one who wanted to go. He'd seen Duo walk to the window and he had followed purely out of habit. He couldn't see what Duo had thrown out the window, but the action was a surprise.

He was certain Duo knew nothing about the conversation at the table, and he needed tome to both apologize for it and to make certain Dou would put it away fro his mind.

But something else troubled him. Duo was different then he had been when he'd first come for him. He didn't know in what way, but he had seen him close himself off just as he had when they had spoken of his mother. He was curious to know what had caused that change.

Duo might be too young and inexperienced to recognize it, but Heero knew the beginning of passion. He had seen it in his eyes that brief moment at the ball and again when they had met beneath the trees. Heero had seen it and meant to do everything in his power to waken it again.

Something old and long forgotten had stirred to life when he held Duo and tasted the sweet softness of his mouth. He intended to find it again, to measure its power, and to hold it for as long as he could.

Heero sent for his carriage while Duo made his apologies to the guests, professing a severe headache.

"I'm so sorry that you feel ill," Morgana said. "I shall call on you tomorrow with a remedy of my own mother's in case your headache is not gone."

"You are so kind," Duo replied.

"I could bring Ebony to visit," Juanita laughed. "If that doesn't do you in, you can be sure of survival."

"I should love to see her, but perhaps it would do me good to get some fresh air. If you don't mind, I'll ride over after breakfast."

Duo was assured he would be most welcome, and then Heero told him that the carriage was ready.

Milliardo watched the two leave with a feeling of satisfaction. Duo was clever indeed. He had known Heero would never be taken in by anyone from court. A smooth talking, clever and seductive person would only be amusing to Heero. But this innocent, this boy with the untainted spirit and trusting purity, could well prove his undoing. When Heero looked at Duo, Milliardo saw that his gaze was unguarded. That was a look few had ever seen in Heero Yuy's eyes.

In the carriage Duo was quiet for several minutes. It was Heero who spoke first.

"Is your headache worse?"

"No, actually I thin the air has been beneficial. I'm feeling much better."

"Good."

"Your mother is very kind."

"Because she worried over your headache?" he asked. "She's a worrier and loves to defeat any kind of problem. She'll attack a headache, a splinter, or a the plague with the same perseverance."

"I like her. I like your sister, too. She seemed to be so much fun."

"Then I can't wait until you meet Ebony."

"Tell me more about you niece. What is she like?"

"Ebony?" He smiled. "Sweet, unaffected, open and honest in the ay only children can be. Somewhat" - his voice grew softer - "like you."

"Me?" Duo wanted to argue, to say no, I am not open and honest! I am deceiving you!

"You," he said. He reached across the short distance between then and took one of Duo's hands in his. He held his hand and lightly ran the tips of his fingers across Duo's palm. Duo wanted to pull his hand way, but he couldn't seem to accomplish that. His delicate touch sent a current of warmth through him, warmth and confusion.

Duo had never planned to get Heero to trust him, to open the doors of his home to him so he could release Milliardo from the terrible hold his enemy had on him. He had not planned on this strange weakening every time Heero touched him.

Heero was doing nothing more than caressing his hand, and yet Duo could feel his will seeping into the cracks of his resistance.

"Duo," he said softly, "have you ever been to London, to the royal court?"

"Ah . . .no . . .no, I haven't." Duo tried to draw his hand away because he couldn't seem to concentrate on what Heero was saying. "I'm afraid I was raised by a widowed aunt who cared nothing for the gaiety of court life."

"I would love to show you how exciting and how much fun it can be."

"That's impossible."

"Why?"

"Because" - Duo motioned about him - "here, in the solitude of the country, my . . . freedom . . . is overlooked. But, if I were to come to court alone - "

"But you wouldn't be alone. My mother is returning to London along with Nita and Ebony. I'm sure they would be more than delighted to have you as a guest."

A guest in his home in London. It would be a perfect opportunity to continue his search if he did not find the letters here.

"I shall have to think about it."

"I know so little about you. You're an orphan, that I gathered, but beyond that you're a mystery."

"There is little to know. I was an only child and kept secluded because my aunt was rather . . . conservative. I was allowed to come here only because Quatre promised to come with me. But . . . to go to London - "

"We would, of course, insist that Quatre come along. Trust me, there is no better chaperone in captivity than my mother. As for me" - he raised Duo's hand and lightly touched his lips to the palm - "I want very much for you to come."

Again, despite Duo's struggle, Heero had touched his vulnerability. Duo struggled to remember that this man was exceedingly clever, and exceedingly heartless and cruel. Duo know what had to be done and he intended to do it.

"Then" Duo said softly, "if you want me to come . . . I will."

Heero looked intently at Duo. There was no teasing seduction in his face, no promising gaze of the temptress, no smile of invitation. There was just a steady gaze and a smile so soft and guileless that he felt some long-sleeping thing, deep within him, begin to stir.

In a smooth, graceful motion Heero was beside Duo. This time his arms came about Duo and he was held against the solidity of his chest.

"What a delight you are, Duo. You have a truthfulness about you that is so refreshing, it's hard to believe. I find myself caught up in you. You are a mystery, my sweet, that I must solve."

Guilt tugged at Duo, but he pushed it aside. Heero was untruthful! He was the one who was deceptive! Why should he feel guilt? Duo moved out of his arms.

"I am not a mystery, Heero," he replied. "Perhaps because of my aunt . . or my background. I do not find it appealing to be thrust into a life I do not know. I prefer to remain quietly among friends and those I can trust."

If the words aroused any guilt with Heero, it didn't show.

"It will be several days before we leave for London. I'm sure by now Ebony will be looking forward to meeting you. I'll ride over tomorrow. It's not wise for someone as beautiful as you to ride the distance between our homes alone."

Duo smiled. His plans for tomorrow were already forming in his mind.

All the while Duo undressed and prepared for bed, he planned. If it were possible to spend the entire say at WingStar, perhaps even the night, he might find what he was looking for and be able to end everything.

One comfortably in bed, he lay in his side so he could look out of the large window and watch the starlit sky, which boasted a moon so huge and mellow Duo felt as if he could reach out and touch it.

He closed his eyes and drifted into a dream, a confusing dream that fled with the morning light.

The next morning Quatre, who could not wait any longer to find out all about the dinner, wakened Duo early.

"Milliardo was there."

"Milliardo? He must be very anxious."

"I don't believe that," Duo said. "I think he is worried about me and wanted to be with me for a while. He is that kind of thoughtful person. I wish this was over so we could get married and go away for a while. I have all this sneaking about and lying."

"Duo, how are you going to carry this out? You have no idea where to find what you're looking for. Even if the letters are here, how do you plan to find them? You can't just search the house." Quatre was frowning as he spoke, and Duo could see his anxiety.

"I'm planning to spend the night there, in fact two night if I can manage to pull it off."

"How?" Quatre asked.

"A little accident, something will require me to stay. Nothing that would call for a doctor."

"An accident!" Quatre was alarmed.

"Not really," Duo soothed. "Just something that looks like an accident."

"How do you propose to do that? You could really get hurt."

"Now, Quatre, you yourself to me you that I was a good actor. Why can't I make Heero believe that I'm delicate enough to need care if I have . . . say . . . a fall . . . a sprained ankle . . . or . . ."

"And Heero believes you're so sweet and innocent that the thought of you deliberately getting hurt just to search his would never come to mind."

Duo's smile faded. Yes, Heero did believe just that. Quatre's words brought pictures to his mind he would just as soon ignore. Duo had to hold on to the thought that Heero's kind actions, his soft words and interested manner, were all camouflage to hide the devious seducer and fraud that he really was.

"Yes," Duo said quietly, "as I said, I am a good actor and he does believe that. But one has to fight fire with fire. Milliardo needs to be free of Heero's blackmail if we are ever to find any happiness. He had so weapons to use."

"Except you."

"Quatre . . . why - "

There was a knock on the door before Duo could complete the sentence. Quatre smiled and rose to go to the door, while Duo watched him with a frown. Quatre had never been enthusiastic about the charade Duo was playing. He supported Duo because he was that kind of friend. But his subtle questions irritated Duo.

After Duo's experience with Treize, Quatre didn't believe love like Milliardo's could really exist. To him every wealthy man had an ulterior motive. Duo would prove Quatre wrong. He would prove that when Milliardo was free, his life would be changed. He would find a place of permanence and peace. Quatre closed the door and walked back towards Duo.

"It seems that Heero Yuy is downstairs, waiting for you. Millie is all atwitter. Heero is quite handsome."

"There is no denying that, Quatre," Duo said dryly, "So you can stop teasing. He's handsome and he is also unscrupulous, so don't waste any of your worrying on him. No one is doing him any harm really. I'm just preventing him from doing harm to someone else. What is wrong with that?" Duo rose from his bed and rang for his bath. He meant to keep Heero cooling his heels while he made sure he looked his absolute best. Today was a very special day and he had to move surely and carefully.

Quatre left Duo to his preparations and went downstairs. When he entered the library where Heero waited, he was standing with his back to the door, looking up at a portrait Milliardo had hung to make the room feel as if a family has occupied the house. Who it was and where he had bought it from, none of them knew.

Heero turned when he heard the click of the door.

"Good morning," Quatre began. "Duo asked me to entertain you while he dressed. I'm afraid she slept late this morning."

"Good morning, Quatre. I suppose I have arrived a bit early. I didn't want Duo to set out on his own."

"May I get you some tea . . . or any other refreshment? Have you had breakfast?"

"Yes, I've eaten. No, I don't care for anything else, thank you."

Quatre walked across the room to a wing chair near the fireplace. As he crossed the room he could feel Heero's penetrating gaze in him.

Heero was, indeed, watching Quatre closely, for he had the vague feeling he had seen Quatre somewhere before. It was a fleeting thing. As Quatre spoke, nothing his voice was familiar. But there was something . . . something . . . Heero realized Quatre was watching him. He was looking intently at him, and he was quite certain those azure eyes missed little. Heero was amused at the idea that his opinion should mean anything to him, but surprisingly it did.

"You are a relative of Duo's?"

"Yes, a cousin. I am really the only family he has."

"I do hope you plan to stay a while."

"That's a decision Duo must make."

It seemed clear that Duo had never mentioned Heero's invitation to London. Perhaps Duo had changed his mind. Heero would question him. Heero wanted to show Duo London, to watch his responses and share in a pleasure he hadn't known for a long time - that of seeing the great city for the first time.

"Do you spend much time here in the country, Lord Yuy? I have heard most of your business is in London."

So, Quatre had heard, had he? From where Heero wondered.

"I spend as much time here as I can. Actually, I prefer the country. Court can become . . ." Heero shrugged and smiled.

"Tiresome?" Quatre offered with a responding smile.

"Burdensome might be a more accurate word."

"Duo has told me that your mother and sister are here."

"With my niece, yes."

"They don't enjoy being at court?"

"They enjoy it," he smirked. "In small doses, which is about the best way to enjoy it."

"And your sister is a widow?"

"She remains so by choice. Her husband was a fine man. When he died, Nita was inconsolable. She's not found another to match him. And she won't settle for less."

"And you are a bachelor by choice?" Quatre smiled so to buffer the question a bit.

"No, not really. My time is limited I've hardly had time to consider getting married."

"Or heirs?"

"Every man wants heirs. But" - his gaze met Quatres and his smile was knowing - "it is necessary to find the right person. Having children is not a criminate affair. They must be guided properly, and" - his smirk vanished - "I've seen too many political, loveless marriages that destroy the children born of them."

"Why, Lord Yuy," Quatre laughed softly. "Under that tough exterior beats the heart of a romantic. Who would have thought it?"

"Don't bandy it about." He chuckled. "You would go a long way in destroying my hard-won reputation as a man determined never to marry at all."

"Your secret is safe with me."

"And just what secret is that?" Duo's amused voice came from the doorway.

Heero turned to look at Duo, and Quatre would have too, had not the look in Heero's eyes caught his attention.

Heero tried to keep his expression under control. Quatre guessed Heero was a man who never let anyone know what went on behind the mask. But this time his eyes revealed more than he probably realized. And the revelation sent a streak of fear through Quatre. If this man loved, he would love with the fierceness of a predatory male, and if he hated, he would hate with the same passion.

Heero forced himself to remain still, clasping his hands behind him to control the urge to go to Duo. He wanted to grab Duo up in his arms and kiss him until he lost that cool, detached look he wore now and begged Heero to make love to him.

Duo was lovely in a violet riding habit that matched the violet of his eyes. Duo smiled at Heero with an open smile, and walked towards Heero.

"Good morning, Duo. I hope you slept well."

"Very well, thank you. Now" - Duo turned to look at Quatre - "just what secrets are being kept from me?"

"Secrets?" Quatre said. "No one would keep secrets from you, Duo, at least no one in this household," Quatre laughed. "Will you be home for dinner?"

"Not if I can persuade him to stay," Heero said. His gaze never leaving Duo. "I'm going to put forth every effort to do just that" - he smiled at Quatre - "and I have a lot of reserve support. Duo has not met my niece yet. I'll trust Ebony into charming her to stay."

"I have a feeling I'm outnumbered," Duo responded.

"Then make a diplomatic surrender and agree."

"All right. Quatre, I won't be home for dinner." Or until tomorrow if I have any luck, Duo thought.

"Then let's go while I still have you in this mood," Heero said with mock seriousness.

Quatre watched them leave, but then his smile faded and a look of worry replaced it. Duo was so confident, yet Quatre had the feeling that Duo was playing with fire.

Heero and Duo walked across the rolling green lawn toward the stable. Heero liked Duo's free moving stride, unlike the mincing steps of the ladies of the day. A quick and knowing glance told Heero that Duo was not hampered with rigid corsets. Heero's imagination played havoc with him for a unrestrained moment. Heero knew from experience there was little between him and the graceful and luscious body that moved so easily beside him.

A groom had taken his horse when he had arrived and now it stood beside Duo's impatient mare.

His gelding pawed the ground and snorted, causing Heero to laugh. "Settle, you baka," he said softly, "you're showing off. You don't have that good a memory."

Once he helped Duo into the saddle, Heero himself mounted and they walked the horses toward the path that led away from NightWind Hall.

They rode side by side for several minutes before either spoke, and then suddenly both spoke at the same time and they ended in laughter.

"You first."

"I was just going to remark on how beautiful the view is from here," Duo said.

"You're right," Heero said his eyes on Duo. "The view from where I am is remarkably beautiful." Heero watched Duo's cheeks flush, and another random thought came to him. Duo Maxwell was not used to such personal compliments. Was it the compliment that had made Duo blush or was it him? It pleased him to think that it was the latter.

Heero was cognizant of the age gap between them, and of the innocence Duo wore without realizing it. Heero fought the gnawing desire that was eating at him. Heero knew all the very logical reasons he should keep his hands off of Duo. One was the deadly reason all the years behind him filled with people like Hilde. When he compared Duo to Hilde it only made Heero more conscious of the wrongness of pursuing Duo . . . but he went on gazing at Duo because part of him could not forget the renewal of an emotion Heero had long thought dead.

Morgana welcomed them with cups of tea and small cakes to refresh them after their ride.

They had barely sat down when a squeal of delight heralded the arrival of a small bundle that flung itself into Heero's arms.

Heero rose laughing, and again Duo was caught in a dilemma. This man, this devastatingly handsome man, was either a chameleon or he was the most devious human being alive. He hugged the child to him and laughed along with her.

Juanita followed her little bundle, laughing herself. She spoke to Duo while he watched the two.

"You'll have to forgive her, Duo. It seems Heero is the only other child she really likes to play with."

"I resent that," he said with a grin as he came to stand close to Duo's chair with Ebony still in his arms. "Duo, this is the most perfect child in the world. Ebony, I want you to meet a very special person, Duo Maxwell."

Duo's eyes met a pair of curious ones the same magnetic blue as Heero's. Ebony seemed to be assessing him as piercingly as Heero had done.

"Hello, Ebony." Duo smiled and received a timid smile in return.

"Be careful" - Heero smiled down at Duo - "she's deceptive." Duo looked up at him with a suddenly shuttered look, and Heero fought the instinct to reach out and touch Duo. Again some misty grayness had come between them.

Later Duo was given a tour of the house by Juanita, who, Duo felt, actually wanted to get him alone for a while.

They walked together down the shady avenue between the double row of trees.

"Heero tells me your coming to London."

"I'm considering it."

"Duo . . . would you be angry if I asked you a personal question?"

"No, of course not."

"What do you know of life at court?"

"Nothing. I've never been."

"Then . . . it's part for Heero that you plan on going?"

"That's part of the reason, his invitation. The rest is" - he shrugged - "because I want to see it for myself."

"Things are . . . different there, people are different."

"And Heero is no different," Duo added softly.

"He has no choice. You don't understand."

"Nita, I've only known your brother a few days. I'm younger than he is, and I know sometimes he looks at me as if I were a child. I also know he has more experience than I. But don't misunderstand, or misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm not afraid of your ugly court intrigues, your two-faced people, your liars, or the people who plot and destroy. I have my reasons for going and I intend to go."

"My, Heero was right. You are a stubborn one."

"You talked about me?"

"I tried to dissuade him from inviting you."

Why?"

"I . . . I have my reasons. I love Heero, you know that. And Ebony worships him. But sometimes the people we love are forced to do things they normally wouldn't do, or act as friends to people they really detest. Necessity makes strange bedfellows. In London you will have to learn to judge people by different standards than you do now."

"Including Heero?"

Before Juanita could answer, both turned at the sound of Heero's voice, much closer than they had thought him to be.

"Nita?" he said questioningly. If Duo hadn't known better, he'd have thought he had mayhem in mind. "I think Ebony needs some attention."

"Obviously," Juanita said dryly, "she's been in the hands of her uncle again. I'll take care of her right away." Ignoring his steady gaze, she brushed past him.

There was a long moment of silence before he spoke again.

"Are you hungry? I think lunch will be ready soon."

"Yes," Duo replied quietly, but he turned from Heero so that he could not see his face.

"Duo," he said softly, "look at me." Obediently Duo turned to look up at him. "Is something wrong?"

"No, of course not." Finally Duo found enough control to smile. It had troubled him to know that Heero was mixed up in something so dark and ominous that his own sister had chosen to warn him. Duo had begin to hope that Milliardo might be mistaken about Heero.

They walked back to the house together, each aware that the other was caught up in deep thoughts.

Lunch was quiet and Duo made tentative friends with Ebony. Duo found Ebony to be a remarkable little girl, with the promise of being even more beautiful than her mother. Duo was watchful, wracking his brain to find a way to have a convenient accident that would keep him at WingStar for the night. But nothing presented itself.

As the dinner hour came nearer Duo was becoming desperate, for he had located Heero's study and knew that if he had all night to search, he might be able to find what he was looking for. He wanted it done, and wanted to be away from Heero's penetrating gaze, his heart-melting smile, and his overpowering masculinity, which was playing havoc with Duo's nerves.

The opportunity came with a severe shock. Defeated in his efforts, Duo had resolved that he would have to try again. Morgana wanted Duo to leave his horse in the stable and have Heero drive him home in the carriage. But the early evening sky was beautiful and Duo insisted the ride back would be pleasant.

The horses were brought around, warm good-byes were said, and invitations to come soon were offered.

They had ridden only a short distance when Duo's horse began to shy. It danced and pawed the ground. Heero could see that Duo was shaken.

"Duo, tighten your hold on the reins," he said firmly. But Duo had already begin to panic. Duo jerked the reins, the mare reared, and with a strangled cry Duo lost his hold completely. He could feel himself falling. He hit the ground with a solid thump and with enough force to stun him.

But even under these startling circumstance he recognized an opportunity when it was handed to him. Duo lay still and kept his eyes closed.

In seconds he felt Heero beside him, lifting him into his arms, cradling him against his chest.

"Duo!" Heero's voice was shaking. "Duo, sweet Duo," he whispered. Duo remained still, enjoying the comfort of his strong arms.

Then he was being lifted, and his head rested against Heero's shoulder as he carried Duo back to the house.

TBC!

A well-known musical instrument somewhat resembling the harpsichord, and consisting of a series of wires of graduated length, thickness, and tension, struck by hammers moved by keys. Basically a piano! Definition from Dictionary.com.