Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Salt In Your Wounds ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

SALT IN YOUR WOUNDS

Warning: If you don't like yaoi, don't read, no one is twisting your arm and you won't change my mind. 1+2/ 2+1, 6+2/2+6, lime ahead this time around

Song belongs to Adam Chaki's "Beautiful Mistake" from his No one Knows Where the Hell We Are CD.

Disclaimer: Gundam Wing belongs to Sunrise, Shotsu Agency, Bandai, and other corporations, and has been used without permission, purely for entertainment purposes. Come on, they're meant to be played with just like the little toy Gundam models that I have!

Author's Notes: Heartfelt thanks to those of you who took the time to review Chapter 1. Each of your names I've recognized as writers whose works I've read and greatly enjoyed - what a rush to hear encouragement from such a kick-ass group. You guys rock!

CHAPTER 2

Your walk was so destructive

In that little cotton dress

Your smile was so seductive

Like a breeze in the summer's stillness

When the heat became too much

Your eyes became a lake

And I jumped in

But now I'm sorry

Wasn't it a beautiful mistake?

Duo glowered at the screen as he ran the virtual lab for Problem #4 for what seemed the umpteenth time. The previous three problems for his Advanced Physics class assignment did not give him any trouble, but there was something about this one that grabbed his attention and wouldn't let go. He ended up in the Computer Lab after his evening walk, deciding to put his restless temper and energy to good use rather than obsess about one Perfect Soldier Ass Hole's messed up attitude. Duo checked the experiment components and variables again - there was something "off" here, a vital missing piece of information that remained elusive and just at the edge of his consciousness - if he could just figure out what it was....

A yawn worked its way deep in the back of his throat and quickly took over the rest of his features. Closing his eyes for a minute, Duo relished in the deep rush that comes with a heavy dose of oxygen and gave his brain a break from the assignment. He thought back to the scars Heero's words had opened. Seducing someone for information was no different in his mind than whoring. A whore used his body for payment. In this case the payoff was information. Vital though it may be, it still rankled him that his partner could think so lightly of him doing that. But. On the other hand, if Duo wasn't a gundam pilot, if he was just an ordinary engineering student and the handsome TA showed the same interest as he did now - would he, Duo Maxwell, resist? No. Probably not. It would be nice to have that warm feeling that came from a satisfying intimate encounter. And it had been a long time, and he had been so cold and alone, even colder when your roommate was an antisocial icicle.

Duo kept his eyes closed and let his imagination roam. Mr. Marks was an extraordinarily good looking guy. Tall, very well built, an elegant figure with arresting glacier blue eyes and long platinum hair. His voice when he introduced Duo as a new-comer to the class was deep and resonant, and he did not try to disguise the appreciative once-over he gave as he ran his eyes slowly up and down Duo's body. He shivered as he imagined those eyes on him now, his voice murmuring in his ear, hands touching his face, his neck, his.....Damn! it had been too long!

I had gotten lonely

As people sometimes do

Grabbed my gun and went out hunting

Only not necessarily for you

My heart had scrapped along the ground so many times

That I thought it was a rake

You picked it up

But now I'm sorry

Wasn't it a beautiful mistake?

Zechs Merquise adjusted the temperature setting on the prototype thermal blade then lowered the apparatus unit until it began slicing the gundamium block placed beneath. Almost immediately the neon green flame sputtered and died.

Damn! That still wasn't it! He knew that it existed and worked "out there" someplace, wherever that black Gundam was. Reports from the Siberia run talked about it, but it was not captured on any battle video and none of the mobile suites that had gone up against it had survived. A thermal weapon that sliced through metal as though it were butter. It had effortlessly quartered a battleship and apparently worked under water as well. Although there was no proof that there even was a second Gundam around when he had gone looking for Zero One's suit, the evidence was there by "not being there". No radar or sonar signature, no visuals on video display, just pieces of Cancers and Pisces sliced and diced and left on the seabed. That second Gundam must also have the most advanced electromagnetic counter measures system on the planet. It appeared out of no where, gave no warning of its arrival, fought in a foggy cloak of "now you see me, now you don't", and left as ghostly as it came. Taking the bird-like first Gundam with it.

"Do you want me to work out a different temperature-plasma ratio, Mr. Marks?" The lab tech's voice broke through Zech's train of thought.

"No. That's fine. I'll leave it for tomorrow, thanks for your help," he replied. He would leave that problem for now. It was a good way to pass the time, he hadn't really anticipated having a fully functional thermal blade created during the short time that he knew he would be at Hertzfeld College. The main purpose was to give a legitimate reason for the import of small amounts of gundamium. Only the amounts were not so small at all - they provided the cover for the real work - reconstructing the Wing Gundam that was destroyed when it and its pilot self-destructed two months earlier. Zechs deliberately let some of the information leak out about the college and the gundamium in hopes that it would attract the attention of the rebel pilots. Then he could finish the battle challenge that had been so tastelessly interrupted by Lady Une's threat to blow up a colony.

As the last person to leave the lab, Zechs paused a moment before turning off the lights, then locking the door and setting the security system's alarms. He headed down the corridor toward's the Engineering Department's exit. A light in the computer lab to the left caught his attention as he passed by its windows. He could see a monitor glowing around the figure of a head tilted back and arms reaching upward in a slow luxurious stretch - the kind given by someone spending way too much time sitting in one position. Then he noticed the braid and his breath caught in his chest. It was him. The new student who joined his class last week. Maxwell Parish. The most beautiful human being Zechs had ever laid eyes on. One look at the slender youth with the wide lavender eyes, brilliant smile and silky chestnut hair elaborately braided in a long coil down an exquisitely formed torso and he was smitten. There was no other word for it. The basis of several nights of frustrated dreams and erotic thoughts. Zechs was a man who appreciated beauty in all its forms and he was not one to deny himself if there was no reason. With that thought in mind, he opened the door to the computer lab and made his way over to the sole occupant of the room.

What if you get hungry?

And it's way past midnight?

I know an all-night diner

With a broken neon light

And if hunger is mocking you

If it is more than you can take

Go on and take a bite

And then be sorry

It'll be a beautiful mistake

Duo quickly broke off his bone-popping stretch at the sound of someone at the door. Christ, tell me this isn't happening, he thought. Real life doesn't have your fantasy waltz out of your head and into the waking world just like that! He needed to collect himself, he needed time to think, to .....

"I see you found my little glitch in Problem #4, " spoke the melodious voice of his Physics TA.

Oh God, he sounds like liquid sex, was all Duo could think at the moment. His wits lay scattered somewhere around the floor as Mr. Marks eased himself into the chair next to him and causally draped an arm around his shoulders. He picked up Duo's limp right hand and pointed it to a spot on the monitor.

"See that variable? It doesn't belong in that kind of function. There should be a constant there. Most students would just give up at this point in the experiment, but I had a feeling that if anyone was going to try and tough it out, it would be you." Glacier blue eyes met and held violet ones.

Duo pulled his traitorous hand away and put it carefully on his knee. In a voice that sounded suspiciously husky even to himself, he asked "Why put a false variable in an assignment, isn't that a bit unf..."

The rest of the sentence was lost as a pair of lips covered his mouth and the arm around his shoulders pulled him into a close embrace. Duo felt a rush of heat spread up through his chest and down to his groin in equal waves of pleasure. A warm tongue began playing over his bottom lip and slid inside making him groan inside the other man's mouth.

He's seducing me, he's doing this, I'm not selling myself, I'm not, I'm - oh God this feels so good! All coherent thought fled as the kiss deepened and two sets of hands began to roam feverishly over and under shirts that had far too many buttons between them.

Zechs felt his groin tighten as he plundered the riches of the willing mouth beneath him. He groaned himself in response to the lithe body pressed agonizingly close to his, as hot hands began fumbling at his shirt then slid up and underneath the back to rake furrows on the skin now rendered accessible. Duo immersed himself deeper into the embrace.

Neither noticed the seething silent form pressed against the window in the hall.

We'll make a million journeys

Before we turn to dust

There is no crime if we should go

From lust to disgust

We've been doing it so perfectly

Since we were tempted by a snake

We give in and then we're sorry

Isn't it a beautiful mistake?

TBC