Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Salt In Your Wounds ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

SALT IN YOUR WOUNDS

Warning: If you don't like yaoi, don't read. 1+2/ 2+1, 6x2, 1x1 lemon

Song belongs to Adam Chaki's "Pure Trouble" with gender adjustments

Desclaimer: Gundam Wing belongs to Sunrise, Shotsu Agency, Bandai, and other corporations, and has been used without permission, purely for entertainment purposes. Sigh.

<< Heero's thoughts>>

// Duo's thoughts//

I've aged the Gundam pilots a few years, made them 18 or so instead of the customary 15.

CHAPTER 3

He was as useless and as beautiful

As a silver-plated shattered heart

Delicate enough to tear any man apart

I crawled on him like a shipwrecked man

Who'd been washed up at the foot of the sand

With my heart beating like a baseball bat on an oil can

If I should die before I wake

'Cos I'd taken more than I should have taken

Didn't shake what I should have shaken

Let me rest for Devil's sake

Pure trouble

Is that what I wanted?

Pure trouble

Is that what I came for?

Pure enough that you can take that stuff uncut

Heero reluctantly opened his eyes as full dark descended outside his window. His arm dropped despondently from the frame as he finally admitted to himself that Duo would not be back anytime soon. He ran an unsure hand across his face and up through his scalp, the displacement going unnoticed in the general unruliness of his messy hair.

<<He's right. I know nothing about his background. Don't see why a thing like seduction should set him off, though. Prostitution was just a job like any other, one completed the body's actions without effect on emotion or self. Correct?>>

He was a child at the time, he argued with himself. Maybe that's what caused the bad reaction - almost a gut-level lashing out. With pain? Could that be it? But it wasn't his fault, children don't make informed decisions about their bodies at that age, couldn't Duo see that?

<<The wounds are too deep. They haven't healed. The scars are still there to be ripped open fresh despite the passing years.>>

Heero thought back to his own training during childhood. There was much pain there as well, but he knew it would end each time, once the lessons were learned. Was Duo's life such that he didn't even have that much of a respite? Not knowing when it would stop or start all over again? Time to stop guessing and start finding out. His own ignorance of his unpredictable partner was going to affect the mission. Now there was something concrete he could handle, not shadow-boxing with someone's complex emotions.

The Japanese pilot turned around and headed for his laptop. He spent a few minutes arguing with Dr. J before receiving the information he needed to make contact with Duo's mentor. Choosing to go the indirect route, he spent several painstaking hours carefully hacking his way into the other scientist's system. Finding Duo's personal file, he began downloading the information with a satisfied smirk. Then the screen blanked out and began glowing an eerie indigo.

"What the fuck!!"

Heero frantically tried everything to reboot his system. Even when he turned everything off and back on again - nothing worked, everything remained frozen in the same colour. Then a flash of white caught his attention as words began scrolling across his screen. A haiku.

Your laptop has crash'd.

I am the Blue Screen of Death,

No one hears your screams.

Duo. Heero groaned as he realised his mistake. If Duo had been able to successfully hack into Dr. J's system, then he most certainly was capable of setting up fail-safe measures to protect his own files on Dr. G's. He had underestimated his partner once again.

<<How does he keep doing this to me? He told me himself just a few hours ago that he got into J's files. How did I miss that? Ignored it? What???>>

What was it about the American that made this keep happening to himself? Why did he keep missing these hints that the braided youth had more to him than what appeared on the surface? Heero ground his teeth in frustration and attempted to analyse his errors.

<<Maybe it's the way he looks. And acts. His attractiveness and cheerful manner are very disarming. Disarm. Hn. To take weapons away from....render harmless.>>

K'so! That was it, or part of it. Heero remembered his comrade's comment just shortly after they began working together. It was at that first school they infiltrated as students.

He was mad that the American was drawing so much attention to himself by his out-going behaviour with the other students. He stood out. As terrorists, they couldn't afford that kind of attention and Heero berated his partner about it. Duo's reply was that no matter what he did, he was going to stand out anyway just in the looks department alone. And what better way to conceal what he was than to hide in plain sight. No one would suspect a cheerful, babbling, dilettante student with a poor academic record of being a Gundam pilot. Nor would they be surprised if he dropped out of sight after a short time - they would just think it a natural progression of a lazy, uncaring attitude. A drop out indeed. It was an effective cover and one Duo used to great effect several times.

Heero looked over at his now disarmed laptop. There was nothing he could do until the Deathscythe pilot returned and hopefully, disabled whatever bug or virus he had used. Shit. That also meant he was unable to communicate for the time being. UNACCEPTABLE. He wondered briefly where Duo kept his own laptop, then quickly discarded that thought. No doubt the protections Duo put on his own system would be hellacious indeed. No choice really, he needed to find Duo.

It was getting close to one in the morning and Heero's mood had fluctuated between angry, frustrated, concerned, and then settled on worried. Checking the college lounges and nearby eateries had proved fruitless. He wracked his brain for alternatives, but came up empty. Unless....hn, it wasn't that far away, he'd check it out.

The Engineering Department's research lab loomed low and long. The lighting was poor which suited Heero just fine. A quick check of the door proved it to be unlocked and he headed down the first corridor looking for a computer room. Duo had been working on some lab simulations for Mr. Mark's physics class and Heero hoped that was what was occupying his comrade for so long.

Nothing there. Try the one on the right. Straight ahead was another exit, but a soft glow on the left side through a series of windows caught the corner of his eye. Yes - computer room. He sidled up carefully to one of the windows and peered into the semi-darkness. There was one screen glowing and two figures. They seemed to be - embracing?? The taller one on the right was obviously Marks, the long blonde hair was unmistakable. Then Heero's breath caught as he glimpsed a braid swung over one of the chairs.

He stopped breathing. He stopped thinking. His fists clenched as fire raged through his body in white-hot waves of fury. His body pressed against the brick below. His chest and arms glued to the glass above as he seethed silently against the scene in front of him. Then the TA stood up, bringing Duo's clasped form with him as hands fumbled at shirt buttons and skin pressed against skin.

Heero felt a heat growing painfully in his groin and unconsciously ground his arousal against the brick. He watched as Duo was pulled between a pair of jean clad legs as Marks leaned backwards, to perch at the edge of the computer table. He could see Duo begin to grind his hips into the TA's crotch, his head flung back and back arched. Heero's higher functions melted completely as his gaze locked on Duo's writhing pelvis. His own hips mimicked his partner's motions. He watched mesmerised and helpless as the TA's hands ran up and down Duo's lithe form, one settling on a black jeaned cheek, the other snaking its way past the waistband and onto the flesh beneath. Heero began panting. His own hand shakily made its way south to grab his erection in a painful squeeze as he mentally replaced the blonde's body with his own, caught up in a voyeuristic fantasy he was incapable of stopping. Duo's hips began a frantic pumping motion and Heero lost all control as he spilled into his jeans, the warm release filling his briefs, trickling down his thigh as he jerked and shuddered in silence.

Heero watched in agony as both hands of the taller man behind the window disappeared beneath Duo's jeans to cup his backside and press him closer. Then all hell broke loose.

Between the Priest's ability

And the poet's instability

Trouble hits your blind side

Like an inevitability

You can creep out

You can weep and mourn

And cry out until your throat is torn

Guess who is going to be there waking you up in the morning

The days go by you're shifting, shaking

You slide like a snake and you twist like bacon

Frozen stiff and the whole time making

Apologies for all of creation

Pure trouble

Is that what I wanted?

Pure trouble

Is that what I came for?

Pure enough that you can take that stuff uncut

TBC