Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ So Yesterday ❯ Times Like These ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Gundam Wing (Oh think of the possibilities if I did… *snickers and runs off somewhere*)

Chapter 2

Times Like these

I am a one-way motorway

I'm the one that drives away

then follows you back home

I am a street light shining

I'm a wild light blinding bright

burning off alone.

*****

By the time seven in the morning rolled around, Duo was lying sprawled on the couch in the living room, a soft glow from the television illuminating the dark room. Wufei was sitting in a chair reading and occasionally contemplated carry Duo up stairs whenever he snored.

Wufei peeked his eyes over the book and nudged Duo with his foot. `Be quiet baka.' He threatened to air. He heard a soft yawn from the top of the stairs and looked up to see who it was.

Quatre came down wearing his housecoat and blue fluffy slippers. His aqua eyes looked around the room and set on Duo. Finally is dawned on him that he forgot about picking him up. `Did you get him?'

`No, apparently everyone forgot.'

`I feel so awful. I forgot he was coming home last night.' Quatre sat down at the table.

`More like a couple of hours ago. He walked back.'

Quatre went to the fridge and got himself a glass of milk. `He walked all that way?' he said with saddened eyes.

`It doesn't really matter anyway, he's able to take care of himself I'm sure.' Wufei went back to reading his book.

`So, what are you going to be doing this week-end Wufei?'

`Does it really matter?'

`No, I guess not, I was trying to make conversation.' Sighed Quatre.

`Nothing.' He answered blankly. `Everything hurts his feelings. How can he really be a gundam pilot?' He thought while looking perplexedly at the page in front of him, not even reading the words.

`Wufei?' asked Quatre. He looked up a little shocked. When Quatre didn't say anything he asked, `What?'

Quatre sighed again and put some bread in the toaster. `What are you really fighting for? It can't be peace.'

`Mainly peace. I fight for the good of the colonies. Those who oppose me will die. But I also fight for personal reasons.'

Quatre nodded. `Ok.'

Both looked to the staircase as they heard the noise of the other two getting up and walking downstairs.

`Good Morning you two' Quatre sang out to the two. Trowa nodded and Heero didn't show anything sign of hearing. He walked straight to the cupboard.

`What's going on down here?' Heero asked pouring himself a glass of juice.

`Hm? Oh nothing. We're we too loud.'

`Yes! You're all too loud. I can't get any sleep.' Duo whined into the couch and rolling over so he was on his side facing the couch.

`Go up stairs then.' Trowa offered.

`Well, I might as well just stay up, I don't think I can get back to sleep anyway!'

*****

`Why is he so cheery? What does he have to be excited about? We're in a war and it sounds like he's at the circus or something. It's ridicules. People die in wars and he's LAUGHING. This whole house thing is insipid too, we shouldn't be here relaxing.' Thought Wufei bitterly.

Everyone was eating dinner. Wufei had barley touched his, he was too busy complaining about the talking Duo. No one was really listening, with the exception of Quatre. Wufei wasn't really paying attention either he was busing himself with his thoughts and starring at the bowl of sugar on the table when Duo waved his hand in front of his face saying, `You hoo, Wufei are you alright?'

`He doesn't deserve to be so happy all the time.' he grabbed Duo's wrist and in a swift movement had pinned him to the floor and was yelling some Chinese gibberish and punching him. Duo was shouting back and trying to block the blows when Heero and Trowa pulled off the flailing Wufei.

There was a loud noise from behind them and they all looked towards Quatre who was standing up. Apparently, he had slammed his mug down on the table.

`What is WRONG with you? Honestly, you're acting like a child. What did he do? Nothing! Absolutely NOTHING! I'm sick of this, completely sick of this. We are going to get along Wufei, all of us. There was no reason to lash out like that. I don't know what it is but after the first day you have this grudge against Duo but it's going to stop. Right now.' Quatre was shouting and was red in the cheeks now. Everyone just stared. The back of Wufei's shirt in Trowa's grasp and his left arm in Heero's, Duo propping himself off the floor with his elbows all just………staring.

`Is that understood?' he inquired. They all nodded with plain faces. `Now, since you don't have plans Wufei, you and Duo are staying here and are going to get along. And if I find out that either of you didn't listen to me……… you both will be paying dearly.' His words intimidated everyone enough to just nod……… everyone except Duo that is.

`Wait a minute,' he said rubbing his jaw and getting up off the floor. `When did I become a part of your little charade?' he asked.

`When he was bashing your head into the floor, that's when.'

`But I have plans for tomorrow too ya' know! You guys aren't the only ones who wanna go back to the colonies.'

`If you hadn't realize, we don't have much time for vacations.' Wufei snapped, tugging his arm loose.

`It's not good to over-saturate yourself.' Quatre said soothingly for the first time since the brawl started. `You must take some time off or else.'

`Unless you're Heero Yuy.' Said Duo matter-of-factly. They all looked at him, `shut up will you' written on their faces. `Well, I'm sure being on vacation doesn't involve a laptop, breaking in somewhere and killing people does it?' he asked coolly. Quatre rolled his eyes.

`This isn't about him anyway. Stop changing the subject.'

`Okay, you're talking about being immature………what are you going to do spy on us?' Wufei growled while leaning on the counter.

`We'll think of something.' Trowa said. He was leaning against the wall right beside the doorway that led to the leaving room.

Heero, sometime in the conversation had managed to make himself scarce, Duo was sitting on the edge of the table, back facing Quatre and was on the other side of the kitchen sitting on a backwards chair. He cleared his throat auditable and Duo looked behind himself.

`Yes?' he asked with a coy smile.

`I'm serious, you know, as a team we-'

`I'm not part of your little "team" dream ok?' Wufei interjected.

`Yeah… why are you still here. You just can't turn your back can you?' Quatre's voiced was a little raised, but he wasn't shouting. Wufei didn't know how to answer that question so he just scowled instead. In the middle of this Duo decided to go out into the living room, along with Trowa.

`This was a great dinner.' He mused, voice dripping with sarcasm. Quatre got up and left for the living room also. Wufei was left in the kitchen to flounder in what a stupid action he had taken. Being the only one left in the kitchen he decided to tidy it up and then go to bed……… and maybe just sleep the weekend away.

*****

Okies…. I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe I suck at writing….no body ever reviews my work. Waaa please review ne ways! *Wink*


~ Sweet roses