Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ So Yesterday ❯ Perfect Day ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Escaflo--- oops sorry I mean I do not own Gundam Wing heh, heh, heh *blush* so you know, don't sue me… all that good stuff.

Pairing- not really yet but 2-5, and a little 3-4 fluff (he he! ^^) (just to let people know! O and don't be irrational, this is my first yaoi…with the exception of "the straight, the gay and the bi" but that's not really "yaoi" in a sense… if that makes any ^ ^;)

O and also, they aren't 15! ^.^ They are 17 -^_^-Okies……… I guess it'd be a great thing if I had of mentioned that EARLIER and I'm not really going by the show!

*****

Chapter 3

Perfect day

Sun's up, it's a little after twelve

Make breakfast for myself

Leave the work for someone else

People say, they say that it's just a phase

They tell me to act my age

Well I am!

*****

Quatre sat on the edge of his bed staring at the floor he could see between his socked feet. He wasn't seething any longer; he had taken time to cool off. He was always the cool one, always keeping a cool head about things. He tried to do so, but when Wufei had flipped out at Duo for no apparent reason he lost it. Quatre was sick of Wufei being so pushy towards them, he was always so bitter. More so to Duo……… it was as if Wufei had anticipated Duo's return so he could be nice to him one day and mean the next. He didn't understand no matter how hard he tried.

Quatre's thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock at the door. He obliged to the access of whoever it was at the door. A head popped through the door, green eyes filled with concern. Quatre smiled when he saw Trowa.

`Are you still coming with me to see Catherine tomorrow?' he asked shutting the door behind him and making his way to sit down on the edge of the bed.

`Yes, that's the plan.' He smiled. `I'm sorry Trowa, I'm just so confused right now, I'm acting like a mother hen……… they're not children, he's just acting like one.'

`I know,' he soothed. `You make it sound that everything is your fault.' He wrapped his arms around his waist and rested his head between his shoulder blades.

`They're not even going to listen to me, what am I thinking.' Quatre whispered. Trowa smiled inwardly and removed his head and turned Quatre's head to face him.

`You're pretty scary when your mad Quatre, I know I wouldn't want to mess with you.' He kissed his neck softly.

`We better get to bed, Trowa if we want to get up in the morning.' Quatre said.

`Alright.' He said and gave him a quick kiss. He got up and walked to the door.

`Goodnight Trowa.' He smiled.

`Goodnight.' He answered back.

*****

Duo awoke at one thirty in the afternoon. Being up the whole time when he was on his missions and then yesterday getting barley any sleep didn't help much. The house was quiet, as per normal, but today the quietness felt empty. He felt as If he was alone and there was no one there to help him if something would have happened. He just lay there staring at the ceiling, listening for any sound of movement or the television.

`Wufei must have left. That's predictable he doesn't want to listen to anyone.' He pondered as he rolled over so his feet were dangling off the bed. `I should go call Hilde and tell her I won't be able to make it there.' he frowned. `If Wufei isn't here then………' He walked to the bathroom to have his morning shower among other necessary things.


*****

Wufei walked through the door wearing a pair of jogging shorts and white tee shirt. On the couch he could see a towel wrapped around the head of Duo holding his hair. He was sitting on the couch, arm draped over the back of it.

`Hey WuFei, I was beginning to wonder if you forgot about Quatre's death threats. What were you doing?'

Wufei rolled his eyes, `what does it look like I was doing? I was running.' He said sarcastically.

Duo shifted around on the couch until both his arms were dangling over the back of the couch. `I think it's that mailman.' Duo scowled while looking through the window at the mailman across the street. `Quatre probably hired him to make sure we get along and don't leave.' The mailman was crossing the street to their house. `Look at his shifty eyes… and how he's waving at me.' Duo hung his head over the couch and unwrapped the towel around his head and flipped his hair back. Wufei's cheeks suddenly felt hot. No one has ever seen his hair down.

`I'm going to have a shower okay. Need to use the washroom?' Wufei asked already halfway up the stairs.

`Not yet.' He said, brushing his hair. Wufei nodded and continued his way upstairs.

Wufei shut the door behind him and rubbed his eyes. `What was that all about?' he asked himself quietly. He turned on the water and let it run over his hands until he got the right temperature. He then pealed off his cloths and carelessly put the hair tie around his wrist and stepped into the shower. He let the cool water run over his face and body. It felt nice especially over his flushed face. He kept asking himself why he felt that in his abdomen. It was unusual, weird and different. Especially for him he kept thinking.

His shower was quick. He dried off partially and then wrapped it around his waist. He bent over and dried his hair off, hung the towel over the shower curtain pole and then opened the door to go get dressed in his room. Walking out in the hall he noticed no television only the quite talking of Duo downstairs in what seemed like the kitchen. Knowing that he SHOULD have gotten dressed before he went to down to ease his curiosity he just couldn't help it……… and just a peak wouldn't matter.

He slowly stepped on each stair, using stealth and making sure not to make any noise on the stairs. He peaked around the corner and saw Duo leaning on the doorway that attaches the kitchen and the living room. He wasn't talking very loudly or too quiet……… actually he was talking quite normally. Wufei leaned over the railing a little more and saw that he was talking on the phone. He presumed it was Hilde and went back up stairs to his room to get dressed. He had gotten his clothing on when Duo started shouting for him.

`What do you want Maxwell?' he asked loud enough for him to hear him though the door.

`Come down here. I have a……… proposition for you.' He walked out of his bedroom and was putting a sweatshirt on and asked, `A proposition?'

`Well, sorta.' Duo confessed. Wufei noticed that he had put his hair back into his famous tress that trailed down his back.

`Sort of?'

`Well, I just got off the phone with an old friend,' Wufei nodded, humoring Duo. `And he said that if we DO go down to the bar, he'll let us buy drinks.'

`One thing, it's illegal to drink underage and we're underage, and second I don't drink.'

`Oh come on, what's the worst that could happen?'

`We could get fined you idiot.'

`Right, one night. Get to know each other better.'

`I don't want to know you better.' Wufei spat. He walked down stairs the rest of the way and plunked himself in a chair. Duo came up behind him and leaned on the chair with his arms crossed.

`Aw, sure ya do……… deep down inside you know it. Besides, I'm sure Quatre's going to hunt us down kill us if we don't at least pretend to get along.'

`Drinking underage will be a great way to get to know each other Maxwell.'

`So mean. Well, we could always just sit here and talk. You know,' he said stretching his arms and flopping down on the couch, one leg over the arm and the other one over the side.

`When I was younger I-'

`Okay, I'll go. I don't need to know your life stories.' Duo beamed and sat up.

`Great! Lets go!'

`Now?' Wufei got up and went into the kitchen, `I'm eating first……… aren't you hungry? It's almost lunch.'

`I already ate, but lunch would be nice.' He laid back down on the couch and put his hands behind his head to act like a pillow. Wufei brought his shoulder length hair back into a tight ponytail near the nape of his neck and tied it with the tie he had around his wrist.

`I'm just having a salad. Is that what you want?' Duo made a face of absolute poison.

`SALAD? Well, as long as I don't have to make it, I'll eat it I guess.' He said.

*****

`This is a bar? It's so family restaurant.' Said Wufei looking at the so-called bar. "Finnegan's" read the sign in bold white letters on a deep green background. The doors that led in were made of fine wood and glass windows. They both walked in they walked to the back of the restaurant and up the stairs that led to the bar.

`Don't be fooled, that is how I learned about this place.' Duo said. `You're so sheltered you know.' He joked and Wufei glared at him. Duo nudged him a little, `you know, I was just kidding………learn to take a joke, especially from me.'

`I'll remember that.' He said and smiled slightly.

`Good evening, my old friend.' Come the gruff voice of a man behind the counter. Duo's head turned and his expression brightened even more (if that's even possible). The man behind the counter was slightly built yet a little overweight. He had jet-black hair starting to go grey, and dark brown eyes that looked dull, as if he's seen too many bar fights in his old age that sunk back a into his head. His face had far too many wrinkles, and a couple of small, yet noticeable scars.

`Trey!' He shouted arms outstretched to show some gesture. He hopped up on the bar stool and motioned for Wufei to do the same. Trey looked skeptical at Wufei the moment he sat on the stool.

`And who might this fine man be?' Wufei turned his head to look the man directly in the face.

`Oh? This is-'

`I'm Wufei Chang.' He stated almost proudly, interrupted Duo.

`Well then, nice to meet such a good-looking man as yerself. And what business what might you boys have in a bar such as this.' Wufei leaned back a bit from the man behind the counter. He knew he wouldn't trust this man for a long while.

`We're just here, to get to know each other better.' Duo said leaning on one hand.

`Oh?' The man raised his head a little and looked down at the two boys. `Is that the case? You boys here on a little,' He leaned in closer and put his head in between them. `Date?' Wufei blushed and his grew wide. Duo just laughed.

`No! We're just friends. That's all' Wufei all but shouted.

`Calm yerself. I only be joking with ye.' He turned around, Wufei noticed that he had ponytail that was half the length of Duo's and looked like it needed a good washing. `So what it'll be mates?' Wufei looked at Duo, unaware of what to really get.

`Some good ale, Trey.'

`Aye, that is a fine choice.' He bent down and grabbed two mugs and then filled them up. `They be on the house.' He walked down to the other side to start serving the other customers. Wufei brought the glass up to his nose and sniffed. He quickly brought it away and his expression twisted. Duo, who was in the middle of drinking, saw this through the corner of his eye lowered his glass and let out a stifled laugh.

`It's an acquired taste Wufei.'

`I don't feel much like getting acquired with it.'

`How about getting acquainted with it?' Duo said slyly. He looked at him and cocked his brow. He brought the ale up to his lips and took a small sip. He places his mug back down and frowned, sticking out his tongue. Duo laughed. `It isn't THAT bad.'

`You want something worse?'

`Worse I can barley stand this and you want to give me something worse……… great.'

`Ah, shush and drink it. It does get better.' Wufei looked at him with a death glare, but Duo had already turned his attention back to his almost finished drink. Wufei brought the cup back and started drinking it again. `Duo was right, it does get better.' Wufei thought taking another swig. `Somewhat.'

TWO HOURS AND FIVE DRINKS LATER

`C'mon……… no this way.' Duo sighed trying to drag the drunken Wufei out of the bar. `If I had of known that you couldn't hold your alcohol, I would have suggested a trip to the zoo instead.'

`Jus' one more Duuuuuuo.' He slurred quietly, while Duo was pushing the doors opened he tried to stagger back to the bar vendors. Duo was a little fuzzy, but he knew how much he could hold but driving home with Wufei wasn't going to be fun.

`No this way you idiot.' He dragged him by the arm out of the bar before he could make a fool of himself.

`Please… Wufei you are a real bastard when you're drunk. Even more so when your not.'

`I'm not THAT drunk.' He declared removing his arm around Duo that was keeping his up and stood still before he almost fell. `I just………' He looked Duo in the eyes and laughed. Duo carried on walking to the car, dragging Wufei again and he followed willingly.

Duo put Wufei in the passenger side of the car and laid the seat down and buckled him up.

`You're such a pain.' He said under his breath. Wufei appeared to be sleeping and Duo just stared at him, thinking. Someone shouting his name interrupted his thoughts. It was Trey.

`Ye forgot yer jacket. I'm sure ye wont be back fer a while now.' He looked at the car and frowned. `Drive safely ye hear.' He tossed the jacked to him and Duo caught it with one hand and shut the car door with the other.

`Don't' worry, I always am.' He slid over the car to save walking around and got in he started the car and waved one last time to Trey and drove off.

*****

Okies……… a little dumb but tell me whatcha think Okies!

Yours truly,

~Sweet Roses