Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Edulcoration of Duo Maxwell ❯ Endorphins ( Chapter 29 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Edulcoration of Duo Maxwell - 29/?

~~~~~~~

Warnings: AU, yaoi, coarse language, violence, angst, cliffhanger endings, red herrings, various vices, random bits of useless knowledge, occasionally explicit sex.

Rating: NC-17

Spoilers: None for GW, quite a bit for Pretty Woman.

Disclaimer: I don't really need to be Captain Obvious here, do I? No ownership, no money being made, yadda yadda. Written for fun, not profit.

Archived at:

http://www.gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com/gw/Mookie/gwmookie.htm

ht tp://www.mediaminer.org (under pen name MookieNH)

http://www.fanfiction.net (R-rated version under pen name Mookie Neko)

Edulcorate (verb) - To free from harshness (as of attitude); to soften

~~~~~~~

My apologies for the revision. @$$% MediaMiner won't let me preview the chapter prior to uploading, and the italic formatting continues to get...creative. I had to remove a good portion of it so it didn't imply emphasis that wasn't there in the third scene.

But you're here to read what happened between Heero and Duo, aren't you?

~~~~~~~

Chapter 29 - Endorphins

Heero felt the familiar muscle fatigue indicating he was reaching the end of his endurance, but he wasn't quite ready to give up on the weights just yet.

He was able to lose himself in the repetitions. It prevented him from drawing unwanted comparisons between Relena and Kitty.

Eventually the fatigue started leaning more towards pain, and he knew well enough to not push it. Muscle tears were something he couldn't afford, not if things were going to turn out the way he suspected they would.

The downside of placing the free weights back on the rack was that he had nothing left to distract him.

Between the incident with Alvarez and Relena's comment about his desire to protect the person who had once been closest to him, he knew without a doubt the direction his thoughts would turn. Why wouldn't they, he thought bitterly. It had been going on for a good portion of the week so far.

He hated to admit that, aside from the nightmare he'd had that morning, they were, by and large, fond memories.

~~~~~

Duo was still staring at his monitor when Wufei returned an hour later.

"Duo."

There was no response, and Wufei was just starting to think his partner had fallen asleep at the computer when he heard the quiet reply.

"What."

Wufei frowned. Duo sounded almost bored, but Wufei would swear he was barely holding on to his temper.

"You're not going to believe this," he said cautiously.

"Try me."

Duo would not turn around, but Wufei had enough on his mind without concerning himself with that at the moment. Maybe tomorrow, he'd deal with it, but he didn't want anything distracting him from the upcoming discussion he planned on having with his wife that evening.

"I received a rather interesting phone call about five minutes ago."

"Did you."

Wufei had to keep taking deep breaths and counting to five before responding, so irked was he by Duo's pissed off, laissez-faire attitude.

"Milliardo Peacecraft called."

Duo didn't respond, but Wufei could see the subtle increase of tension in his shoulders.

"He informed me that he was still exploring several options, but wanted to know if we'd be available this weekend should his decision be in our favor."

"Fascinating," Duo said, sounding as if he thought the news was anything but.

"I gave him my cell, told him that we'd be waiting to hear from him."

"Bully for him."

Well, Wufei thought, it was a sarcastic response, likely the closest thing he'd get to Duo's typical banter for a while.

"I wanted to let you know that," he said lamely. "And that I've decided to leave early. Meiran..." he trailed off, wondering if perhaps that wasn't the best thing to have brought up.

"Yes," Duo said hollowly. "Go home to your WIFE."

It definitely wasn't the best thing for him to have brought up.

He wasn't going to waste any more time worrying about Duo. He turned and left, turning the overhead light off on his way out to see if he'd get any reaction whatsoever.

He didn't.

~~~~~

//"It must be kinda cool to know Japanese, seeing as you're Japanese-but-not-really," she said, pulling a handful of grass from the lawn as they sat side by side near the kiddie pool.

He gently tapped her on the back of her hand. She stuck out her tongue. "MY backyard," she said simply, then tugged an even bigger handful, roots and all, and shook the dirt loose before tossing it over her shoulder, just missing the pool.

He shook his head. She was a brat at times.

"So how do you say 'American' in Japanese?"

"Well, there's amerikan, or beijin. Beikokumin for American citizen. Yes, they could be different things," he added hastily. "Or...nikkeibeijin."

She noticed the smile on his face when he said that. "What's so different about the last one?"

He tried to adopt an expression of innocence, but all that got him was a lump of sod in his hair.

"Well?"

"Ah," he said. "That would be an American of Japanese descent." He looked rather smug as he imparted that bit of knowledge, but it didn't do much to keep the next plug of grass from landing in his lap.

"Smarty pants," she sighed. "Did you learn Japanese because of your Japanese an-cess-tree?" she drawled. Her eyes twinkled merrily.

"No," he said. "I learned Japanese because I was living in Japan."

"Because you're Japanese," she pointed out, then held up one hand, palm towards him. "I know, I know. You're American. Or Nikky Bay Gin, or whatever."

He lightly slapped the back of her hand again as she reached for another handful of grass, and this time she elbowed him.

"Well," she said. "I don't know Spanish."

"You don't live in Spain."

"I'm not Spanish!" she said, making him laugh.

"I know that. You've told me many times that you are Colombian," he stretched out the last word, but also said it with a deliberately pronounced accent.

She cupped one hand under her chin and tapped her index finger on her cheek.

"What are you hiding, 'Niisan?"

"Who, me?"

She shoved him back with both hands that time.

"Eres una malcriada," he sighed, holding a hand to his chest dramatically as fell onto his back.

"I don't believe you," she gaped. "Shit!"

"Esperanza!" he sat up abruptly and frowned.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!" she screeched. Then she realized what she'd said to earn his disapproval. "Oh. Oops." She made a face, then gave him her most engaging smile.

"Your brothers would beat you for saying that."

"Why do you think I can get away with it when I'm with you?"

He sighed. "I would rather you didn't."

She bit her lip. "I know. I AM sorry, 'Niisan. It's not that I don't respect you. You just took me by surprise, is all." She threw both arms around him. "Did you learn Spanish just for meeeee?"

He blushed, but she couldn't see, as her cheek was pressed against his shoulder and she was nuzzling him playfully.

"Off," he said, giving her the gentlest of shoves.

"You DID!" she squealed. "'Niisan, that is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me!"

"The United States doesn't have a monopoly on second languages," he muttered, refusing to meet her gaze. "Japan does have foreign language studies other than English."

Her eyes were full of unadulterated worship. "Aw, 'Niisan," she said. "I know I said I was going to learn it someday, but I'm not kidding when I say I've not made much progress. What did you call me, anyway?"

"Brat," he muttered, although she wasn't sure if that was an answer to her question or an epithet. Probably both, she decided. She looked like he'd given her the highest of compliments.

"I really can't believe you did that for me."

"It's a useful second language," he said stiffly, but the smile was firmly affixed to her face despite his half-hearted attempts at denial.

"Think I'll ever learn all these different languages like you do, 'Niisan?"

"I only know three, including English." He unbent slightly at her pout. "As for you...Ahhh. Depends. After all..."

"What?" she asked menacingly, her pouting lips rendering the effect useless.

"Te hace falta disciplina," he said slowly, looking rather pleased with himself.

"I may not understand Spanish, but I'm pretty sure I have a da- a dang good idea what that means, you know."

He nodded, looking quite serious. "Well, there are cognates..."

She waved the rest of whatever he was going to say away with one hand. "How do you say 'Japanese' in Spanish?"

"Why don't you ask one of your parents to be your Spanish-English dictionary?"

"I'm asking you."

"Japonés," he sighed.

"Hmmm. How do you say 'Spanish' in Japanese?"

"You are just full of questions today."

"And you're full of answers, which is why we're perfect for each other!" she beamed.

He couldn't help it. He'd always doted on her. He thought about it before answering, a slight frown marring his features as he tried to remember.

"Supeingo refers to the language," he said finally. "But you would be known as raten, Latin American."

She looked up at him again with shining eyes.

"I love you, 'Ro," she said, leaning her head against his shoulder.

'Ah, Ichiru,' he thought, resting his chin on the top of her head. 'Te quiero, tambien.'//

~~~~~

Heero couldn't help smiling a little as he pulled the keycard out of the waistband of the shorts he'd borrowed from Duo. It felt...damn good to remember the happy times. He'd tried to bury those memories along with everything that made up who he was as a person.

The brief trip down memory lane had been surprisingly cathartic. After the workout, which had left him pleasantly tired, he'd given in to the reminiscing as he took the stairs instead of the elevator. Instead of the heart-rending pain that used to accompany the activity, he was left with nothing more than a dull ache.

Maybe it was true about time healing all wounds, he thought, pushing the keycard into the slot then opened the door.

"Have a busy day while I was gone, Heero?"

Duo was back.

And, to put it mildly, he didn't look happy.

~~~~~

"Meiran?" Wufei called as he entered the apartment.

She wasn't there, but he noticed her sneakers weren't near the door where she normally kept them. She was probably out running.

It was one activity they disagreed on. Meiran preferred to be outdoors; didn't matter if it was an open field or along city blocks, as long as she had scenery to enjoy.

Wufei preferred to use a treadmill, although he didn't particularly care for jogging as a form of exercise in the first place, and would only consider it as a last resort.

He had to admit, though, Meiran did look good in those running shorts. Maybe she'd be wearing a headband, too, to keep her hair out of her eyes. Then she'd come in and take a long drink of water, leaving her lips wet with moisture...

He shook his head. How he could think of ravishing his wife at a time like this was beyond him.

But maybe she'd be amenable to the idea when she got home. After all, he'd normally still be at work at this time, and it wasn't as if their plans for the evening would suffer as a result of a little indulgence.

He refused to admit to himself that he also craved the reassurance the physical contact would give him before he bared his soul.

~~~~~

Duo was leaning back against the desk with his arms crossed. The closed off body language was not a good sign, nor was the cold smile on his face.

Heero had no doubt he knew exactly what Duo was referring to, and his heart sank. He knew what conclusions he'd might jump to in Duo's position. The only question was how the hell news managed to get from Hollywood Boulevard to Duo's firm's office so damn fast. Based on Duo's attitude, it was clear that he hadn't been recognized, at least not beyond his association with Duo. It was almost funny, really. For the second time, he cursed his distraction in neglecting to wear the wig, then remembered it really wasn't going to matter for very much longer.

Duo watched the surprise and confusion flit across Heero's face through slitted eyes before a sense of calm settled there. He wanted to lash out at the man.

Heero had no right to look so fucking enticing. His hair was damp and clinging to his forehead and temples. His skin damn near glistened. The shorts could have been painted on his hips and thighs, and his groin was practically on display, begging to be admired. The tank top was darkened with sweat in front and along the sides.

And damned if Duo didn't want to see that tank top balled up on the floor, leaving Heero's unnaturally smooth chest exposed.

"I thought we had an agreement, Heero."

"One which I have abided by at all times," Heero said, frowning.

"Ever hear of a conflict of interests?"

"What I do in my free time is none of your business."

"Ah, but it is. Remember? I hired you for the entire week. There IS no 'free time.'"

"You also told me I was on my own while you were at work, and to not wait up."

"Did I? Although I do recall telling you not to wait up, I believe I said you were on your own yesterday. I granted no such freedoms today."

He knew that Heero would bristle at that, and he was right. Heero's fists clenched at his sides, making the tendons in both forearms bulge. Duo forced himself to avoid looking at them and kept his eyes focused on Heero's face instead.

"I insist that you abstain from moonlighting while you are in my employ," he said. "Your services are not saleable to others until the end of our contract."

For some reason, Heero seemed to have taken a liking to Relena Peacecraft, and Duo knew it. It was obvious Heero was just barely holding himself back. This time Duo wasn't going to fall for a sucker punch, that was for damn sure.

"She wasn't paying me for sex, and you know it," Heero growled.

"Oh? Did I say anything about sex? You have a filthy mind, Heero." Duo pretending to clean his nails, watching Heero's body tremble slightly. "You shouldn't assume anything."

"What else would I think you meant?" Heero shot back. "I am the 'rudest fucking whore you ever met,' remember?"

"That's back when I didn't know you!" Duo snapped, then realized he'd allowed Heero to get to him. He schooled his features back into placidity. "Intimately," he added, implying a distinct lack of intimacy.

"But now," he said, putting as much contempt in his voice as he could. "Now I know that you think you can have it both ways, Heero. I regret to inform you, you can't. Of course, even if she were paying you, she couldn't compare to what I can offer. Or perhaps you were giving her a freebie?"

Heero was visibly shaking now. "Don't talk about her like that," he said, his voice tight with anger.

That was all Duo needed to be pushed past the limits of his control. He lunged toward Heero with all his might.

Heero hadn't been expecting the physical assault. Taken by surprise, and weary from his workout, he was unable to brace himself from the impact. He crashed to the ground, with Duo on top of him, before he started fighting back.

Early in their struggle, one of Duo's fingers managed to poke a hole in the tank top near the seam at the neck. He attacked that small rip with both hands, tearing the shirt from top to bottom with only the reinforced stitching at the neckline intact before his hands returned to Heero's sides.

Once Heero's chest was exposed, Duo began kissing and nipping at it, his hands eventually following the path his mouth took. He paused long enough to yank the tattered remains over Heero's head.

"You work..." he rasped. "For me!" His tongue slid along Heero's side, from waist to armpit, causing the man to hiss.

"I am the one paying you," he whispered in Heero's ear before shoving his tongue in it. He bit the lobe hard enough to distract Heero from the hand that was working its way down the front of the shorts, but not hard enough to cause an indentation.

"Until this week is over," he said, moving his mouth to one of Heero's nipples and sucking lightly.

"You belong to me."

Heero's anger was quickly replaced by passion, or perhaps the former was merely serving to amplify the latter.

His entire body was rapidly being reduced to a quivering mass of pure need. The adrenaline rush from the workout paled in comparison. Duo was tugging his shorts down, and he arched his back, lifting his buttocks off the floor so Duo could remove the offending garment. By the time Duo pressed his own body against Heero's again, he was naked from the waist up.

"You are mine, Heero," he hissed in his ear. "Do you understand me?"

He nibbled lightly on Heero's neck, and Heero tilted his head to the side and bit back a groan as Duo took advantage.

"Mine."

A small part of Heero was horrified to hear a voice - his voice - answer. "Yours."

Duo struggled to remove his pants with one hand while the other was almost frantically stroking Heero everywhere he could reach.

Completely naked, the two of them ground against each other, the friction exciting and slightly abrasive, but neither of them caring for more than the intensely pleasurable sensations the contact gave them.

"Mine," Duo repeated hoarsely, gripping Heero's hips and pulling them up from the floor so their cocks pressed together almost painfully, giving them no room to rub against each other.

"Duo," Heero moaned, not wanting to, but unable to get his wayward tongue to obey his brain's commands. His body had apparently staged a revolution of its own, responding to Duo in ways he couldn't have imagined a week ago.

Duo wrapped his arms around Heero and rolled onto his back. Heero ended up astride the other man's body, and Duo stroked both cocks, his hands moving up and down their lengths, keeping them in contact the entire time.

Heero shuddered once, then felt the tension build up to an unbearable level.

With one final cry of Duo's name, he came.

After he collapsed on Duo's body, he could feel Duo's cock spurt against his belly, leaving the two of them covered in shared sweat and semen.

Heero was vaguely aware of the health risks their situation posed, but pushed the awareness aside and pressed his face against Duo's shoulder. Duo's arms came around him and held him there.

He needed a shower, and probably a nap.

And a whole lot more than that, but for now, he'd focus on the physical needs.

As soon as he could bring himself to leave the warmth of Duo's somewhat ambiguous embrace.

tbc

~~~~~

Many thanks to shinigami2174 for all her help with the Spanish phrases!

Special thanks also go to Kewla for holding my hand through an uncharacteristic bout of self-doubt I've been having with several aspects of the story, which has grown a life of its own. All without knowing any of the details of where I'm going with it! As promised, Duo's and Heero's confrontation didn't wait another chapter!