Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Gift of Cursed Blood ❯ The Lust ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: I'm not much for action… sorry. I can't write it.

The Gift of Cursed Blood

Chapter 4: The Lust

Duo was amazed at how intelligent the children were. As he'd thought, they were far more advanced than any children of their age. Any regular children, anyway and he knew they weren't normal children. Their peculiar powers emanated from deep within. At first glance you could tell they were special. They gave off the same kind of electrifying energy Hilde did.

"They're coming," Duo said behind Hilde. She was staring out the window in the north tower of the castle. She looked quite the minion of some dark lord just standing there with her raven hair and dark clothes. The sleeves of the black gown she wore billowed in the wind she herself had summoned.

"I see them," she said darkly. "Keep Claire and Lucas out of the way but don't take them out of this room." She turned to him. "How do you want me to do this?" she asked and turned around again to stare out the window.

"Let my men take care of them. If you see they are being overwhelmed then help them. I really appreciated this, you know?"

She nodded. Pretty soon the impending battle was underway. Duo's soldiers, wearing green and black, weren't putting up a difficult fight. They were under trained and didn't have the necessary equipment. It seemed that this kingdom had deteriorated during the passed five years.

The attacking kingdom, that of King Damien Dushuku, had all the advantages for winning.

Hilde took one last look at the ground and raised her eyes towards the heavens. She closed her eyes and brought her hands up as if she was praying. She summoned more wind. The battle cries and the screams of the wounded pierced through her carefully maintained concentration. She shook her head and began again. She'd never been or seen a battle.

On the ground the Maxwell forces were not doing very well. "Don't let them into the town! Hold your positions!" one of the generals shouted. I hope that woman can help us. If she can't then we're bloody done for.

He took a chance and looked up at the sky. Dark clouds appeared out of nowhere. The wind picked up even more. A heavy rain began to fall. He noticed the wind changing directions.

*~*~*~*

"Oh no, my dear Hilde. I won't let you ruin this for me," said a woman. She looked into a strange mirror on the wall. She could see Hilde trying to help the poor imbeciles of the Maxwell kingdom. "Poor retched creatures," the woman purred.

She looked at the mirror and began chanting.

*~*~*~*

Hilde stiffened. Someone is countering my powers. Her heart beat faster. She whimpered quietly so as not to worry neither Duo or the children. Whoever this was, he had a much firmer grasp on his power than she did. But that didn't mean he was stronger than Hilde was.

She cleared her mind and blocked the rest of the world out. It wasn't just about the battle going on the ground anymore. It was a battle of wills between Hilde and this unknown person. She lowered her head and brought her arms to rest at her sides. She tapped into her emotions.

There's no use, Hilde.

Hilde shook her head. What the hell?

You can't compete.

Hilde ignored the voice in her head and brought down hail. She ignited a fire within the enemy camp despite the rain.

You can't beat me. You're not strong enough.

No! No! Get the hell out of my head!

Hilde screamed and fell to her knees taking her head in her hands. She didn't know what this was but it was scaring the hell out of her.

No use… no use… no use

The voice echoed in her mind. She could see Duo above her but she couldn't hear him. He yelled at someone else in the room. It could have been the children but she wasn't sure. She didn't have the will to talk.

There's someone coming up the stairs, Hilde. Laughter followed the comment.

Hilde whimpered. "Someone," she whispered brokenly.

"What? Hilde what the hell is wrong?" He shook her. She had stopped with her attack a few minutes ago and she'd started to talk to herself. "What is this?" he asked.

The last thing Hilde saw before she fainted was the thin lips of a woman curve into a cruel smile. You can't compete, Hilde.

*~*~*~*

"Take the children… and eliminate Maxwell," said the woman to the image in the mirror.

Tbc…

AN: Well, this was unexpected. I can't do action very well. I hope what happened wasn't too confusing. Did the title make you think of something else? Comments are craved.