Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ title battle ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, since the story got burned away, I might as well get to the other side of this chap, so let's get this over with.
 
Despite all the exitement, tension, and of course competition going on, the hams and the rest of the tourney's competitors got their treat of seeing the floormasters dance for fun. Though many of the participants thought of this gratuitous display as practice for the winners of the singles and doubles division. The quarter finals were upon everyone and were going right away. Hamina took to the stage with a deep breath, it was in this stage where she had to face off against her newfound enemy, The Dancing Star. "Well sister, it's time to put up or shut up." DS began. "I hope you had a lot of fond memories of this tournament, because you crash and burn here."
"I'm glad you see your own demise." said Hamina.
"You stuck up little rat..."
"Practice what you preach, sister."
"Just for that, Hamina, you get no mercy... or courtesy from me. I deserve more respect than this, and I plan on forcing it out of you."
"Dream on, sister. You're just a bunch of lip and hip to me."
"That remark, will be on your dance floor grave as I send you to Floormaster Hell."
 
The Dancing Star started things off with The Shining Polaris, which of course was her trademark song. I normally don't start with this song, but I'll use it to meter your skill. she thought. Consider yourself lucky to be graced with this music off the bat, after all, I am the intercontinental champ.
This chick is too uptight, hopefully this is just a phase. Hamina mentally told herself.
Noah had his eyes on this match as well, I'll see first hand how well the IC can demolish this brat. he thought to himself. Then the match began.
 
On another side of the tournament, Jam and Roll cleanly won their quarter final round. "No sweat, huh Jam?" asked Roll.
"Show you rye." Jam answered, but not with his usual flare.
Roll noticed this, "Is something the matter?"
"I just been thinking, that's all."
"About what?"
"The final battle..... But let's take stuff one step at a time, it's easier this way."
"That's the Jam I know. Let's grab some pasta, I'm hungry."
"I'm in the mood for some louigi anyway."
"Louigi? Can we eat another pasta, like those bowtie looking ones?"
"Yeah, why not?"
 
The girls were doing nicely even though the Star was leading. "At least I'm hanging ten." said Hamina.
"No girl, you're gonna lose. Your defeat has been predicted in the stars." DS shot at her.
"I don't believe in that nonesense."
"You better start."
I really shouldn't stay any longer, I have my match to get to. Not that it matters anyway. Dancing Star has this won. said Noah and off he walked.
The song came to an end, and the star of the Star shined brighter than Hamina's "A". Hamina was ready to choose her next song only to find that the Star was choosing another one. "Hey, I lost that round, it's my pic."
"You tournament n00b, from here on out, the winners choose the songs." DS corrected. "So stop the sob story and deal with it."
Hamina simply laughed at her. "Man, you sleigh me."
"What's so funny?"
"The fact that you're a stubborn broad."
"What'd you just call me?"
"Don't get mad, pick your song."
 
Next up on the routine was Logical Dash and Hamina was simply thrilled at that part. This song started out interesting and the beats were simple, but once the song decided to kick it up a notch, the tru test was on. Dancing Star and Hamina were borderline sync to the music, but the difference was in greats. Typical girl she is. Hamina thought. Hiding behind her title, it's a sad shame. But unlike most champs, she actually works a little. The song was done quickly and Hamina had beaten the Star by one great, even though both girls had a two star grade. "I had less greats than you did, it's my pic."
"Whatever, just go."
Hamina chose Broken My Heart for the third song and the girls paced themselves for the routine. "So tell me, do you always use the fact that your the IC to get your way in competitions?" asked Hamina.
"And what the hell does that mean?" DS questioned Hamina.
"I knew it, it's clearly obvious. You use the fact that your title to strike fear into your opponents. 'I'm the Intercontinental Champion, show me the respect I deserve.' Or maybe you use, 'I'm the IC of these games, you're not worth my time.', or perhaps some other phrase where you hide behind your title."
"You're just jealous because a novice like you can't apreciate a high ranked dancer like myself."
"You are an egocentric broad who only thinks that her ranks is the reason she's better than everyone. When are you gonna learn that titles are meaningless, skill is something that comes from practice and the heart.... not from the title."
.....That saying.... No way, that saying was from.... "Him," it's from "The One." "You got that saying from 'Him' didn't you?"
"Him who?"
"'The One', he said that while being interviewed after his victory over The Comet Crew. How do you know 'Him'?"
"Oh, that guy.... he trained me."
"......"
 
Hamina won again and it was her pick. "I don't believe he trained you." DS said. "'The One' takes no students."
"Man, don't you guys no his name?" Asked Hamina.
"Only the Comets themselves do. Now myself, I was in that very tournament that 'The One' beat the Comets. However, I lost because of one great step. I read the papers after that day and he said that very phrase."
"Everyone read that story."
"Hell yeah everyone read it. But the fact remains, no one knows 'His' name. Even the World Champs don't know his name."
That has to be a lie. "Well, he's in the doubles tournament."
"No matter, once I beat you, I'll gain a higher status. Beating a student of 'The One' will put me just under the world champs."
"Man you're pitiful, all you think about is ranking. And even if you beat me, which you won't... despite what the stars have told you, Boss would whomp you. But enough lip, time for more hip."
AM-3P was next up on the list and the Star knew a loss here was no option. A victory had to be won here or she'd be out. Meanwhile, Hamtaro and Bijou sat at their table. "Well Hamtaroo, we're in the semis." said Bijou. "Things are gonna be great."
"Yeah right." said Hamtaro.
"What's your deal?"
"We have to go through Jam and Roll to get into the finals."
"Does Zat matter?"
"Oui."
"Wrong! So what if we were trained by him, eet will not matter."
"I'm glad you're confident." said Jam, who just walked up with Roll.
 
"Well next time, eet's us versus vous... and we'll be heading towards the finals."
"About our semifinal match..." Jam began. "We have two ways of going about it. One, we pick the songs we're dominant at, end up tying and none of us get to the finals."
"Next." said Hamtaro.
"All new routines, songs we've never played before. This way, no member or team has an edge."
"Having cold feet, non?"
"Funny, your toes shiver at my idea."
"Come on, Bijou. Afraid to try some new stuff against us?" questioned Roll. "You'll never learn if you don't try."
"Roll-chan, you make a very good bluff." said Bijou. "But as true as eet ees..."
"We accept." Hamtaro finished for her.
"I wasn't going to say zat, Hamtaroo."
"Come on Bijou, have some faith in your talents. Like you said before, 'Eet will not matter.'"
"Unless of course, she's scared." said Jam.
"Fine, new routines zen."
"Cool, see you later." and with that, Jam and Roll went tiki tiki away.
 
This round was going pretty well between Hamina and Dancing Star. The two were halfway through the song and it was necked out. "This round is really close." said Kit-n-Kat. "Perhaps what Stan said isn't true after all. He may have mentioned that 'The One' is in the doubles, but Emi believes this person is a girl and possibly in the singles competition. But I can tell by her skill that Hamina is not 'The One'. Seven more to go."
"I had you all wrong, you aren't half bad once you get the right song." DS said.
"You better gimme a tough run, you're behind." said Hamina.
The girls danced on and at the end of the stage, the Star's higher perfect count gave her the round. The stage was set again... "You won't win that easily." said our Star.
"Well, your victory tied the match yet again." said Hamina. "So pic the next song."
"Synchronized Love will do this time."
"I see, well let's get this on."
 
The fifth and final routine started quickly and things were at a good pace. The run of course was tight. Jam was watching this bout with a calm frame. I must say, this is really close. he thought. The Dancing Star's giving Hamina a run for her money. But then again, the Star is the IC at the moment. He sipped his drink and watched the girls dance.
"This is a good chain, you know how to survive." said Hamina.
"This game is mine." DS said.
The girls continued to dance all the way to the end of the song. But this time around, the girls tied that round. Hamina turned to the champion, "I take it you wanna pick this round too..." she said.
"Not really, I want this tiebreaker decided at random." DS said.
Hamina chose the last song by way of Roulette and it turned out to be the symphonic defoggers version of Rugged Ash. Jam downed his drink as the music kicked in. I've never did this one before, perhaps I should watch this song as they dance to it. he thought.
 
The two girls shook and then turned to the screen, then the steps began. The steps at times were tricky, but the girls got through it. Jam of course, watching and shadowing the routine as the girls went on with their routine. "Man, this song's tricky." said DS.
"Not that bad." said Hamina.
Near the song's end, the girls had the final steps which were quicky and tricky. Both girls passed the song. "Well that's it...." said DS.
"I'm happy no matter what happens." said Hamina.
 
As the final scores came up, Hamina had five hundred points more than the Dancing Star, making her spot in the semifinals guaranteed. The IC was livid, "How the hell did I lose?" she steamed. "I lost by a small margin again?!"
"Get over it, sister. It's only a half-thousand points." said Hamina.
"No, I will not accept this."
"You don't have much choice."
The Star slapped Hamina, "Screw you, sister!"
"You really are a stubborn broad. Just as I knew you were, typical champion. All you care about is winning and rankings that that's become your first priority, I never think of this that way. To me, this is just a game, not the whole world like you think it is. Let's face it, it's over now, you gave it your all and then some. Sometimes when you give it all it isn't given back to you. The world works in funny ways, so you have to deal with it. It doesn't matter that you lost at some game, it matters that you just have fun with it.
 
"Someday, when you understand that this is just a game and only a game, you'll finally see how this game works. So just let it go and learn from past mistakes, not repeat them."
"Tch, whatever. Just make sure you don't give this sob story to everyone you battle against. Oh well, you'll understand later once I'm avenged." The Dancing Star just left the stage. "Enjoy your fairy tale dances, sucker."