Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ the calm before the storm ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Meanwhile, Stan and Sparkle sit at a table enjoying their seeds. Sparkle of course wearing the crown on her head as she had just won it ver Blossom in the match. "I must say, you really knew how to handle yourself on the floor that time, Sparky." said Stan.
"Did you ever have any doubts...." said a proud Sparkle.
"At times I did-"
"You little rat, how could you?"
"Hey, you didn't let me finish. At times I did have doubts, but I never lost faith in you."
"Aw, that's so sweet." Sparkle pecks Stan on the cheek. "So, now that we're in the semifinals, what do you plan on doing next?"
"Doesn't matter, I'm enjoying myself."
"Good, I will enjoy myself as well, the Comets are out of the doubles now, so it's all between us and who wants it more."
 
On the singles competition, it was now time for the guys to settle their scuffles on the floor. Well, there are only two Comets left, Ice and Noah. boss thought. If I can get through this battle, getting to the final round will be a piece of cake. Noah will put up a fight... as he always seems to do, but he won't get far.
"I hope you've enjoyed yourself in this tournament, Boss." Noah began.
"Quite." said Boss.
"The quarter finals is a great spot for someone such as yourself, but your journey ends here. The semis belong to me, and your defeat will bring me one step closer to my goal in this tournament."
"And what might that goal be?"
"Regaining my reputation and the reputation of my family that was stolen from us by 'The One'... and once Kit-n-Kat falls to me, no longer will the Comet name be disgraced."
Boss threw his helmet into the ground. "Noah, that's enough. I've heard this same song and dance from you since before the tournament began. It's the same song and dance with you..."
"Quiet! It's obvious that a fool like you would never understand what my family and I have been through."
"Here's an idea, why don't you tell me the real reason why you're like this? Let's hear the truth for once, Noah.... You say you're in this to get the reputation of your family back because of some loss..."
"This was not 'some loss!'"
"Yeah right... all this for one loss. You and your kin lost to him once and this is the excuse you have for winning this tournament, 'To reclaim your name?' That is grade A bull-"
"Watch your tongue."
 
"Look Noah, your problem is you're nothing but a crybaby. A sore loser who can't stand to have someone beat him in a game."
"This is not a game, no. This is war!"
"War my ass. Your reason for this is simply revenge. That's all you want, vengence... Vengence for yourself, vengence from what the papers said about you, vengence from all the ridicule and big white lies that have befallen you. This isn't about your family, this is about yourself."
"Take that back, THIS INSTANT!"
"Hmf. The truth hurts, don't it?"
"Lies give more hurt than Truth."
"You and your family lost to 'him' long ago, and you're the only one that hasn't gotten over it. You've turned it into a hatred, a mission, something on your 'to do list' as it were, but the fact is you can't get over one defeat. It eats away at you so much it drives you mad."
"Damn straight."
 
"You remind me of someone from that Yu-Gi-Oh cartoon I saw on TV. What's his name.... oh yes. You remind me of Seto Kaiba."
"How so?"
"Seto Kaiba was the world's best Duel Monsters champion. No one could ever beat him at this card game, to him... 'Duel Monsters is all about power.' But one day, some virtual unknown named Yugi Muto beat him at the very game. Since that day, he wondered and remembered how someone who was never even heard of, could beat a world champ like him. He even dropped out of some tournament that he had registered for, and was the odds-on fave to win, before his loss. Sure Kaiba got a pity victory over him, but Yugi won the tournament. Even much time after, he devised his own tournament and Kaiba faced Yugi in the semifinals with one thing on his mind, revenge. And even though Kaiba battled with every bit of power, every once of skill that he could muster and then some, Yugi won over him.
 
"Why? Because it was Kaiba's hatred and rage towards Yugi that kept him from winning. 'My rage is what fuels me to fight on.' Kaiba said, but in the end it still brought him to defeat. Yugi of course, won Kaiba's tournament with a clear head."
"Like you said, that was some cartoon. This is real life you fool. And whatever happened in that TV show will never happen in real life."
"Okay, let's just say you do win this tournament fueled by your hatred towards that loss and you restore your name. What then?"
"Then I can move on with the life of my family and my own and everyone will know the name Comet and never dare mock it again."
Boss shook his head. "Yup, exactly like Seto Kaiba. He wanted to defeat Yugi and afterwards wanted to forget about the past and move on with his life.
 
"But you missed one important thing, the only name you'd clear like that is your own. Your other family members would still be 'mocked' as you say. And judging by your current thirst for power, you won't even let your own kin stand in your way to achieve it. Your hiding your own selfish gain in saying your doing this for your family. Truth is, all you've done is use them as a shield to your own sadistic grudges and feuds that could've otherwise been let go. Instead however, you use them as fuel... NEGATIVE FUEL, to gain power all in the sake of 'repairing your repute and reclaiming your name.' Your other family members have learned to let go of that loss and change for the better, why can't you do that?"
"ENOUGH OF YOUR FOOLISH QUIVERS! We've stood here debating long enough and you've developed into a pain in my ass. It's time to get rid of you and reclaim my status as an elite floormaster like it once was. Then and only then, will I be able to let go."
Boss turned to Kit-n-Kat who was looking down and away from Noah and himself. Boss, don't waste anymore breath on him. he mentally told himself. You have to show him the right reasons to do battle, to relax and enjoy yourself. This isn't competitive at all from Noah, he's just in it for power and his own selfish gains. I have to show him the right way and reasons to battle for. Hopefully, it'll clear his judgement and maybe, just maybe, Noah will see the error in his ways and finally let this burden off his back. I have a lot of faith in Hamina, but I don't think she'll stand a chance against Noah. I have to make sure that he loses and I move onto the finals. Maybe then.... he will finally understand.