Hana Kimi Fan Fiction ❯ All Knotted Up ❯ Leaving ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Hana Kimi or any of its characters.
However, if you want to blame anyone for taking this incredibly pure and sweet manga and making it hentai, that'd be me. Please don't sue. I don't own anything to make suing me worthwhile anyway.



ALL KNOTTED UP INSIDE - A Hana Zakari No Kime Tachi E fanfiction
 
CHAPTER 5
 
Sitting on the roof of the dorm, Mizuki let the wind blow through her hair, hoping that it would help clear her mind.
 
`After hearing Sensei say those words, it all clicked. It was like, OH! Yeah. Okay, that explains it.
 
`It's been a weird month. When the dorm heads found out, I thought it was all over. And it seemed like I gave up. Until Sano came and stood up for me.
 
`I never would have thought that he'd do that. I just kept thinking that once he found out that he'd hate me. But he knew all this time. And he didn't say anything because he wanted to keep me around.'
 
She smiled and leaned her head back against the railing.
 
`I never thought that would happen. I'm so glad I got the chance to meet him. And to be with him.'
 
She looked down at her tummy and put a hand on it.
 
`A baby in there. There's a baby in there. Sano's baby.'
 
She smiled dreamily. A vision of her sitting in a rocking chair with a sleeping baby in her arms, Yuujirou at her feet filled her thoughts. Izumi came home and walks up behind her, put his hand on her shoulder… leaned in to kiss her. He said, “How are my beautiful wife and son today?” She smiled up at him, but it's not Sano anymore that was there. There was no one there.
 
`Because it couldn't be Sano there - could it? I couldn't make him give up… anything. If I told him about this, he'd quit school to “do the right thing” and stand by me. He'd give up high jumping. And he'd go out and get some kind of job. And he'd be miserable.
 
`It's just wrong. He just can't know. Not now. He has to stay here at school.
 
`And Sensei is right. I will have to leave the school now. There's no choice. I have to leave now and quietly so that there won't be a scandal for the school. And if I leave now, then Sano doesn't have to find out.
 
`Maybe someday… maybe someday we'll meet again and I can… if he doesn't hate me…
 
`But even if I can't have Izumi, I'll always have a part of him now.'
 
“Alright.” `It's decided.'
 
She smiled sadly and got up to go back to her room. She bowed to the school, thanking the school and all her friends for taking care of her.
 
Resume manga at page 16 (ch. 144)
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
When she walked into the room, Sano greeted her: “You're late.” It's obvious he was worried.
 
“Yes. A bit.” Her brevity in answering was typical for her only when something wasn't right.
 
“What's wrong?” He kept his distance, sensing that there was something she needed to get through on her own.
 
“…Yeah. You know, I think it was good that I was able to come to Osaka.”
 
Sano just stared at her. `No.' It was like a rising horror as he realized that she's decided to leave.
 
“I was able to make so many friends here. With you and Nakatsu… Noe and Sekime… And everyone else. Not only that… I was able to become closer to people from other dorms too… I was able to meet everyone.
 
“I'm really happy to have had the chance to go to this high school. So…”
 
`She's going to leave. She needs to leave. It's really not fair to try to keep her here just for my own sake. It would be too hard on her…' He tousled her hair.
 
“I understand so don't say anymore.” `If you say anything else, I might not be able to let you go.' “You've decided this, so everything's going to be fine.” He looked into her eyes and smiled for her - to help her be strong. “Don't give me that face.”
 
She looked down. `I want to tell him. I really want to tell him! How did I think I could leave without telling him?' “Sano…”
 
He pulled her into an embrace. “Jeez. You just can't listen when you're told to stop, can you?” She held him tighter than she ever has before.
 
`No. I can't tell him. I can't be selfish. But if I just hold him like this, it will be okay, and I'll be strong enough to continue.'
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
The next day, she got up early and visited Umeda.
 
When she walked in, Umeda was just staring out the window. He turned and looked at her.
 
“You've decided to go back to America.”
 
“Yes. I have my notice of resignation for the school. I will be dropping it off after I'm done here.”
 
“Will you be okay? Will your parents…”
 
“I don't know. But I know I can't ruin Sano's life. I'll go back to America. I'll raise his child. I'm so lucky to have been able to meet the one I love. And really, I'm lucky that I'm going to be able to have his child.
 
“I never really thought I'd be able to stay with Sano anyway. This makes the parting a bit easier - knowing it has to be done.”
 
“You're not planning on telling him.” An accusation.
 
“No. He can't know. You have to promise me! Promise that you won't tell him. That you'll do everything you can to not let him find out.”
 
“Mizuki, I don't know if I can. I completely disagree.”
 
“You have to promise me. Doctor patient confidentiality. You can't tell him.”
 
He sighed. “I won't tell him. I wouldn't. But… God, you're such an idiot!” He turned dramatically and put his hands to head then pulled his hair like he was going to pull it out. “Don't you know that he's in love with you? The person you love most in the world loves you back. You're having his baby. Don't you think that would make him happy? Don't you realize how lucky you are?”
 
“Actually,” she smiled awkwardly up at him, “I do. But if I tell him, he'll give up everything and try to take care of me. And I can go home. My parents will take care of me. My brother, and my friend Julia. They'll all watch over me. They may be upset at first, but eventually, they'll get over it and they'll support me.
 
“But Sano… He just started to make peace with his dad. Do you think his dad would be able to handle this? I'm not sure. I know his stepmom would probably be supportive, but he needs to have his dad.
 
“And what about his jumping? It's the one thing he loves. I can't be the cause for him to give that up. He'd end up hating me. And if that happened… I don't think I'd want to live anymore.
 
“Maybe someday I'll see him again. And maybe he'll understand that I left him so that he could be happy and have a good life. It's a risk I have to take. And… I'll always have a piece of him with me now.” She patted her tummy and smiled down at it.
 
The motherly gesture was so tender and sweet that Umeda just shook his head at her.
 
“I still think you're wrong, but I'll respect your wishes.
 
“But…
 
“Write to me when you're back in the states. And if you ever need anything, do not fail to ask. And if you need another woman's advice, I suggest you write to my devil-sister. She may be pure evil, but she cares about you, and she's always full of advice. You may need it…”
 
Mizuki ran up to him and knocked him backwards two steps with a bear hug. Then she kissed his cheek - the opposite one to the one she kissed the last time - whispered, “Thank you for everything,” and then ran out of the room, working hard at not crying.
 
He touched his (other) cheek, muttered “Idiot!” And then, he went back to staring out the window at nothing. He lit a cigarette, inhaled once, then held it in one hand. As he lost himself in a mixed up jumble of memories of his own mixed up love-life past and the past year and a half mentoring Mizuki, the cigarette turned completely to ash, unattended.
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
Back in the manga, Ashiya went to the principal's office and tendered her resignation. She didn't allow the principal to say much of anything. Just handed it to him, thanked him for taking care of her, and then left.
 
As she exited the office, she sighed. Nakatsu, walking with Sano to class, saw her leaving the office and realized what had just happened: She's going to be leaving. No more chance. No chance that his best friend would screw up and she'd turn to him. No chance to see her smiling face every day. She's going to be leaving.
 
He grabbed her into a hug and cried.
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
She's already packed. She was ready to leave. It made sense. She'd sneak out quietly while graduation was going on. It would be better not to cause a scene. Better for the school. Better for her health.
 
She had one more person to say goodbye to, though. She walked to his doghouse.
 
She hugged Yuujirou, told him that Sano would continue to take care of him, and then left.
 
As she walked out of the dorm, she thought, `Goodbye, dorm two.'
 
She turned to leave.
 
The entire school was lined up along the walk to see her leave.
 
Inside, there was a part of her happy to see them all. But there was also a part of her that burned with shame. She brought shame to the school. More than they even knew. And yet they honored her like this? Or were they just lined up because they were glad to see her leave?
 
“Sempai, what is this?” she asked the head of Dorm one.
 
“This is your graduation ceremony.”
 
“Well then, wear this…” the head of Dorm three said, giving her a flower for her jacket, “and take your walk. Nanba has a car waiting for you at the end.”
 
`They… they…'
 
Everyone sang the school song in unison as she slowly walked to the car - in a daze. When she reached the end, she hugged her friends, bowed to Nanba, promised Nakatsu that she'd see him again someday and thanked him for… well, for just being him.
 
Then she turned to Sano.
 
Sano.
 
“Sano…”
 
“Take care going home.” He took her hands in his.
 
“Yes.” She gazed up at him. All her hopes and fears were mingled together. There was no way to separate them and just hold on to the positive. He is her life and she was leaving it. There was no understandable path.
 
“That. And…” He leaned in and whispered in her ear. “I love you, Ashiya. Once I graduate, I will come for you. I won't live without you. And when I come, I want…” He paused and leaned in again. “When I come, Mizuki, will you marry me?”
 
`If you still want me then,' she thought as a tear filled her eye, and a fleeting thought of him coming to her and finding her with his baby and him storming off in anger that she would keep this from him passed through. She waved her mental arms in the air and yelled “YARGGGGH!” at that thought, chasing it off and allowing herself to fantasize about being happily married to Sano.
 
“Yes! I'll be waiting!”
 
She turned to the rest of the school. “Everyone. Thank you. I'm so happy I got the chance to meet you all. I'm glad to have been an Osaka Gakuen student.”
 
She got into the car that was waiting to take her to the airport. “See ya later!” she yelled from the window as the car drove off.
 
Sitting in the car on the way to the airport, she patted her tummy again. `We'll see your father again before you know it, koi. And if he will have us, we'll go with him. And if not… we'll at least have each other.' She turned and looked behind her toward the school. `Goodbye, Izumi. I will always carry my love for you. And your love for me will always be here. I'm going to miss you so much.'
 
As the taxi pulled up to the terminal, she started to cry…
 
X X X END CHAPTER X X X