Hana Kimi Fan Fiction ❯ All Knotted Up ❯ Asking The Right Way ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Hana Kimi or any of its characters.
However, if you want to blame anyone for taking this incredibly pure and sweet manga and making it hentai, that'd be me. Please don't sue. I don't own anything to make suing me worthwhile anyway.



ALL KNOTTED UP INSIDE - A Hana Zakari No Kime Tachi E fanfiction
 
CHAPTER 19
 
Half an hour later, they were still sitting on the couch, holding each other, both of them calling each other's name softly in between, “I'm sorry”s when Eiko came in and called them to dinner. They started, guiltily, pulled away from each other, and Eiko just laughed.
 
Mizuki and Sano walked to the dinner table hand in hand, and both dug in with abandon. The food just tasted so good. Eiko, Takumi, Shizuki, Mizuki, and Sano shared a wonderful meal together. No one talked very much, but the relief was so great, that everyone felt the best they had in… well 4 months.
 
Ten minutes into dinner, Mizuki had to get up and go to the bathroom - one of the little perks of pregnancy. After she left the room, Sano cleared his throat. Once he had everyone's attention, he began, “Mr. & Mrs. Ashiya. Shizuki. I want you to know that I love Mizuki very much. I know… I haven't been here for her as I should have been these last four months-”
 
Eiko interrupted him. “Sano-kun, you really shouldn't… It was NOT your fault at all. We raised Mizuki. We know how headstrong she can be. You can't blame yourself for what you didn't know.”
 
He looked at her intently. “Begging your pardon, but I don't think that matters. I love her. I should have been with her. I should have followed her to America or… or… gone to a different school in Japan with her - I could have-”
 
“Okay, that's enough!” Shizuki slammed his hand down on the table. “I don't appreciate the stupidity of my sister's actions. But she's my sister so I have to put up with it. You, however, I can tell where to stick it. It seems pretty simple to me. She left you because she WANTED to protect you. She wouldn't have LET you follow her. Friggin' deal with it. Crap happens.” Eiko and Takumi nodded at Shizuki's words.
 
Sano bowed his head gratefully to Shizuki. And Mizuki came back into the room. “What's going on?”
 
“Nothing dear,” Eiko said. “Come finish your dinner.” Half-way through Mizuki's third helping, she had to go to the bathroom again. She grimaced as she excused herself again and smiled apologetically to Izumi.
 
Sano just smiled back at her as she left the room. But once she was gone again, he addressed her parents again. “Mr. & Mrs. Ashiya. This is twice you've invited me into your home. And… I want to… I… I would like to ask permission to take your daughter's hand in marriage!” he finally blurted out.
 
Takumi looked confused. Shizuki rolled his eyes at him like he thought Sano was an idiot. Eiko's brow furrowed and patted his hand, “Well, of course, dear!”
 
Takumi, still looking perplexed said, “And you're going to have to try out the furo tonight and tell me what you think of it - you didn't get a chance last time you were here.”
 
Izumi looked at each of them in turn and then laughed. `Yup. They're definitely her family.'
 
Mizuki's return to the room this time found them all talking about baths. Izumi and Takumi were promoting the benefits of furos, while Shizuki and Eiko were on the opposite side - showers, hot, steamy showers were definitely better. Mizuki laughed and asked what was for dessert.
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
After dinner was over, Sano and Mizuki went out onto the back patio to sit and look at the stars. They looked up at the stars and sat next to each other, holding hands. Mizuki let her head rest on Sano's shoulder.
 
Sano cleared his throat. “Mizuki?” he said, and she looked up at him. “I want to do this right this time.”
 
He got down on one knee, and pulled out of his pocket the ring. He held it up to her. “Will you marry me?”
 
Her eyes filled with tears, and she said, “You still want me, even though I left you? And lied to you? And…”
 
He held her hand and looked up at her. “I will always want you, Mizuki,” he responded, his voice laced with desire and a touch of apprehension. She gazed through her tears into his beautiful brown eyes and said, “Oh, Sano.” She nodded vigorously. He smiled and slipped the ring on her finger. It fit her perfectly.
 
He pulled himself up into the seat, next to her, and kissed her with all the pent up longing from the past four months. She melted into his arms.
 
Overhead, a shooting star shot through the sky, honoring their joining.
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
Inside, Takumi had an idea. He suggested it to Eiko. She considered it and said, “It'll really be up to them.”
 
When they came back inside, Takumi grabbed them around the shoulders and walked them into the living room. He told them his idea. Sano and Mizuki looked at each other and answered at the same time. “Why not?”
 
They all laughed, and Eiko and Mizuki went into the other room to call Julia and Gilbert. Meanwhile, Takumi dragged Sano and Shizuki off to the furo.
 
After Julia and Gilbert confirmed they were available for the next day, Eiko dragged Mizuki upstairs to her bedroom. She made her sit on the bed, and she dug into the back of her closet and pulled out a large box. Opening it up, she pulled out a beautiful kimono of white silk that was embroidered with tiny pink cherry blossoms. The Obi was an electric blue silk, embroidered with a white knot pattern so tight that the obi appeared light blue until you were very close to it.
 
“I wore this when I married your father. If you'd like to…” Mizuki threw herself at her mother, and sobbed, “Oh mom! Thank you!”
 
They tried it on, and it wrapped around her. The Obi was a little tight, but other than that, it fit her very well. They took it off and put it back in the box where it would wait until the wedding.
 
Then her mother got an extra pillow, and walked it into Mizuki's room, placed it onto her bed.
 
“Um. Mom? What's the extra pillow for?”
 
“Why, for Sano of course!”
 
“Bu- bu- ar- wha-?” Mizuki's sputtering caused her mother to chuckle.
 
“Dear, you're carrying his child. You've been miserable for four months. He's been miserable for four months. The time for propriety is past. I wouldn't dare try to separate you two now.” She smiled at her daughter. As she walked out of the room to go downstairs, she called over her shoulder. “But DO try to wait until tomorrow night for any… activities. Okay?”
 
She chuckled the whole way downstairs as Mizuki's sputtering followed after her.
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
After they finished in the furo, Shizuki left to go to his apartment for the night. Sano bowed to Takumi and asked if he could use the phone to call a cab.
 
“A cab? Whatever for?”
 
“…Uh. So I can go get a hotel room.”
 
Takumi laughed so hard that his stomach hurt. When he was done laughing, he said, “Son, you're staying here!” He tossed him a set of pajamas and said, “Put these on, and I'll show you to your bed.”
 
Once dressed, Takumi led Sano upstairs, pointed to a door, and said, “That's you. Have a good night. I'm off to get some sleep. Be good,” and walked down the hall to his and his wife's bedroom.
 
X X X END SCENE X X X
 
Sano opened the door to the room, to see Mizuki, her back to him, in just her white cotton panties, about to pull on a nightgown.
 
“EEP!” She pulled the nightgown to her chest, covering it. “Sano!”
 
“Oh, God!” Sano yelped! “I'm sorry!” He turned around to face the door. “Your dad told me I was…” He looked over his shoulder at her bare back. She saw him looking and blushed.
 
“Yeah. Mom brought you an extra pillow…” She gestured to the bed with one hand, holding the nightgown to her with the other.
 
“They… they're really okay with this?” Sano asked.
 
Mizuki shrugged and blushed. “I don't really get it either… But… You ARE the father of their 1st grandchild…”
 
Sano stood up straight and turned around to face her. “In that case…” he walked over to her, picked her up, and carried her toward the bed. She shrieked a little bit, and they heard from down the hall Eiko yell, “Hey! I thought I said no hanky panky tonight!” They both froze until Eiko and Takumi's laughter echoed down the hall.
 
Sano chuckled and set her on the bed. Then he turned his back so that she could put her nightgown on. When she was finished, she told him so, and he turned off the light, and slid under the covers next to her. They spooned with her head just under his chin, his arm wrapped around her middle, covering her hand on their child in her belly.
 
“I'm not dreaming, am I? You're really here?”
 
He responded with, “I don't think it's a dream. If it is, then I don't want to wake up. It's the only good one I've had since you left.”
 
She turned her head to him and said, “Izumi. I'm so sorry. I… I didn't want to hurt you. I…” the tears came from her eyes like they'd never stop.
 
He thought back to all the times she was trying to help him back at school and he'd hurt her in his stubbornness and stupidity. “Baka! Don't you know that's done? It's over.” He kissed the top of her head. “But!” He stroked one finger along her cheek down to her chin and lifted it to look at him. “Please don't ever leave me again, okay? I need you, dummy.” He pulled her as close as two spoons could be, her back to him, so she couldn't see the tear in his eye. “You're the only thing that matters.” He patted her belly. “I love you.”
 
She sighed in his arms. “I love you, too.” She held her left hand out and looked at the ring on her finger. The diamond on it was really big - maybe even a whole carat! “Sano! How did you… How could you afford this? It's too much!” She turned back to look at him, worry creasing her brow.
 
He smiled at her. “Stop wiggling around so much. You don't have to worry, bishoujokoi.” His smile was pure and filled with love. “It was my mom's.”
 
She gasped and looked at him then back to the ring again in awe.
 
“Dad wanted me to give it to you.”
 
She burst into tears. “Oh, Izumi!” She turned her whole body to face him. She looked up at him with love filling her eyes.
 
He kissed her fully, then said, “You really should rest. We've got a big day tomorrow.”
 
She smiled at him, nodded, and flipped back around. He held her tightly, and they fell asleep clinging to each other.
 
X X X END CHAPTER X X X