Hana Kimi Fan Fiction ❯ Years Away From What I Need ❯ Coming Home ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 9
 
He walked up to the front door of his house. His almost completely empty house. The movers wouldn't be here until tomorrow - or maybe the next day. And apart from the bag he'd brought with him for his last trip, and the bag he brought with him this time, there was NOTHING in his apartment at all. No chairs. No tables. No bed.
 
Ooops. He'd forgotten about that. He also had no groceries. Laughing, he smacked himself in the head. He'd been so worried about getting a gift for Kyoumi, he'd totally forgotten his need to go shopping for himself.
 
He flipped open his phone to call his girlfriend. Part of him still felt silly for feeling so happy at that thought. `I'm calling my GIRLfriend.'
 
She answered the phone, “Nakatsu!”
 
“I'm back for good. And I never want to be that far away from you ever again. Have you had dinner yet? Are you free?”
 
“I'm so glad, Me too, no, and yes. Where do you want to meet?”
 
“I'll pick you up at the front gate in 10 minutes. And… would you mind doing some shopping with me after dinner?”
 
“Sure! What for?”
 
“I'll tell you when I'm there. It's kind of embarrassing.”
 
“Okay. See you in 10!”
 
“See you then, Kyoumi-ai.” He said it fast - so fast that she wasn't sure she'd heard it. And he had hung up right after, so she couldn't ask.
 
`I probably imagined it anyway.' Still, her mind kept replaying it in her head: Kyoumi-ai.
 
X
 
 
They met outside the front gate 10 minutes later. He was in jeans and a black mock-turtleneck that clung to his broad, strong shoulders as if it were specifically designed to draw your eyes there. She was also in jeans - the first time he'd ever seen her in jeans - with a lacy camisole top, and a short cardigan over top. His eyes didn't know where to go. The jeans molded to her curves and made him want to moan. The lace floated across her cleavage, drawing the eye to her assets. And to top it all off, she was smiling so broadly - a smile he knew was only for him! Oh, and her beautiful hair trailed after her, blowing in the breeze.
 
Ignoring his baser desires, he picked her up into a loving embrace, and she whispered in his ear, “I'm glad you're back.” He kissed her cheek, then blushed and set her down.
 
“Let's go!” he took her hand and led her toward food. “What are you hungry for?”
 
“Oh… I don't know. Anything…”
 
“You're thinking of something specific, I can tell,” he said, his eyes examining her thoroughly. Hey, it was a good excuse to look at her.
 
“Um… it's not… very romantic.” His expression spoke loud and clear: Anything with you is romantic to me. “Um…” she continued, “I was thinking I could really go for a Big Mac.”
 
He laughed and then bowed formally to her. “Princess Kyoumi, your wish will always be my command.” She pouted at him until he said, “No. Seriously… That sounds great - and it will leave us more time for shopping. I was hoping we'd be able to make dinner fast. I…” He cut off and looked away, embarrassed.
 
“I don't have anyplace to sleep tonight. So I kinda need to go buy a bed. Well, really, I need to buy furniture for the whole house. Well, really, I need to buy everything for the new house. I never really bought that much when I was living on my own, so I don't really have anything you need in a house.”
 
“Oh!” She tried not to let her heart race when she heard him say he didn't have anyplace to sleep. `You cannot invite him to stay in your dorm room. You can't. It wouldn't be fair to Sakura. Yeah, she probably could get Midori to let her crash in her room… But it wouldn't be right. And besides, he'll buy a bed, and then he'll be all set.'
 
“So will you help me pick out something that will look nice?”
 
She smiled up at him. “Sure!”
 
X
 
 
The bed in front of them was a four-poster king. The wood was a dark cherry. It consisted of simple square tapering posts, that rose to a height of 6 and a half feet. Atop those posts, was a decorative spire that extended another six inches. They could be left off if the ceiling was too close for them to look right in the space. A light frame - the slats were about one-half inch square - sat at the top that could be used to support a curtain-type canopy - one that could potentially block out the morning light on days you wanted to sleep in. The headboard was a piece of solid cherry between the two head posts, that started at 5 feet by the posts, then sloped to a height of 4 feet in the center, to give it a delicate line.
 
Overall, the bed gave a feeling of solid comfort - like you would never have to worry about ever needing another bed again. And like once you got into bed, you might have a difficult time wanting to get up again.
 
Kyoumi was staring at it with her eyes wide. If she had ever taken the time to dream up the perfect bed, this would have been it. Of course, she'd never done that, but still…
 
Nakatsu saw the look on her face and smiled. He gestured to the salesman and said, “This one.” The salesman and he haggled over the price, and eventually - with Nakatsu's need to have it delivered right away factored in - came to an agreeable cost. The frame would be delivered to his house tomorrow - they couldn't get it there any earlier. They still had to pick the mattress.
 
That took a little longer.
 
“What about this one?” Nakatsu pointed to a pillow-topped mattress that had very pretty embroidery on it. But the thing that attracted him was that it claimed to have durable support. Kyoumi walked over to it, and pushed against it with both hands.
 
“Uh… seems okay?”
 
“That's not how you test a mattress, Kyoumi,” he chided, then he spread himself out on the bed and patted the space next to him. “Come on up.”
 
Her heart began to pound furiously. `God! Does this man not know what he's doing to me?' She sat on the bed next to him. “It seems firm…” She turned to look at him, and he was smiling at her.
 
“Lie down and see how it feels.”
 
She pulled back a bit and her eyes got wide. “I… Um… It doesn't matter whether I like how it feels, does it? I mean… it's going to be YOUR bed, not mine.”
 
He blushed and broke from her gaze. “If it doesn't feel right to you… If it doesn't feel right to have you in it next to me… then I don't want it.”
 
She matched his red, and laid down next to him. He rolled over, and put an arm around her waist. “So, how does it feel,” he murmured in her ear.
 
“Well… YOU feel great. But the bed… seems a little squishy in the middle.” He kissed her cheek, then sprung up from the bed.
 
“So! Not this one.” He went over to another bed. “Let's try this one now!”
 
By the fifth or so bed, he got her to spoon with him to test it out. By the tenth bed, they were feeling a bit goofy and started to test the mattresses springiness - to see if when the other person moved around a lot, you'd be jostled too much in the bed.
 
When they finally found one they both liked, he pulled her into an embrace, still lying on the bed and in a bold moment, she whispered in his ear, “I can't wait to test this one out with you someday, Shuichi-ai.” He moaned and pulled away from her. She sat up and crossed her arms. “Now you know how you've been making me feel this whole time.” She stuck out her tongue at him.
 
Expression serious, he turned to face her. “I… will wait… to test this out… with YOU… only you… even if it takes 14 years or longer, Kyoumi-ai.” Then he called to the salesperson and bought the mattress - so that it would be delivered with the frame.
 
Next, they looked at other bedroom furniture - nightstands, a chest of drawers. And while he conferred with the salesman about their choices, he also snuck an order in. There had been a dressing table with a beautiful and ornate stool, complete with a round beveled-glass mirror. It was beautiful, and he'd caught a reflection of Kyoumi in it and had to have it. But she didn't need to know that.
 
They then continued by moving into the dining room area. A table, some chairs, and a hutch, and he was set. Then the living room department. He would need a sofa, some end tables, some lamps, and an entertainment center. But they had no sooner begun looking at the sofas then a bell rang and a voice came over the loudspeaker announcing that the store was about to close.
 
He looked at her sheepishly. “Wanna skip class tomorrow and spend the day shopping with me?” She nodded. They walked in comfortable silence back to St. Blossoms. He put his hand in his pocket and felt the box there, still waiting to be given to her. His brow furrowed, and then he smiled. As they continued to walk, he guided her past a place where he knew there was a photo booth.
 
“Oh, look! A photo booth!” He spun to face her. “I've never had a girlfriend to take pictures with in one of these before.” His face pleaded with her.
 
“Do you want to?”
 
“Yeah!” He grabbed her hand and dragged her to the booth. He paid the fee, and then he put his arm around her. The first two photos were taken, and he said, “I love you, Kyoumi-ai,” with just enough time for her to blush deep red before the third was taken. Then he pulled her in for a kiss. The camera captured the two of them kissing for the fourth picture.
 
The kiss continued. She began to nibble on his lip, and in return, his tongue began to battle hers for dominance. They were hidden from public by the curtain, so their hands began to roam as well. One of hers was in his hair, and the other reaching for his ass. He had one of his hands on the back of her neck, and the other began to gently massage her breast - almost of its own volition. She moaned into his mouth, and he snapped into reality, pulling back and his hands away from her.
 
“Sorry. Sorry.” He said.
 
She crossed her arms across her chest and looked away. “If you keep stopping every time I moan, you're just going to train me to be more silent,” she grumbled.
 
He reached out with one hand and grasped her chin, turning her to face him and gazing deep into her eyes with lust and love hopelessly entwined there. “God, I hope not. It's just… that sound… makes me want to… lose control. And I'm having a hard enough time with that without-”
 
She gave a fake moan - but one that sounded real - and his eyes darkened. She watched him force his hands away from her. “That sound?” she asked sweetly.
 
Through gritted teeth, he replied, “Yes.”
 
“Hm,” she responded, nodding her head. “That's good to know.” She began to leave the booth, saying, “I bet the pictures are done now.” Over her shoulder, she tossed, “And by the way, I love you, too Shuichi-ai.”
 
The pictures were adorable. He asked if he could have the middle two, and she agreed. He tore the pictures apart, placing his inside the photo section of his wallet. She saw a bunch of other photos, but he put the ones of them so that they'd be the first ones he'd see when he opened the wallet.
 
“Hey, who are the other pictures of?”
 
“My friends - the Sanos.”
 
She was caught a bit off guard by the sudden twist in her heart - the stab of jealousy that overcame her. She knew she was being unreasonable, but that didn't stop her from grabbing hold of his hand and squeezing it - like a child holding a toy and saying, “Mine!”
 
They began walking toward the school again. They were about half-way there, when he stopped and sat on a street bench. He patted the seat next to him, inviting her to sit for a second. She looked at him questioningly, but still, sat where he had indicated.
 
“Kyoumi, I think… I'm thinking maybe those pictures might fit in here… if you want.” He held out a black necklace box, and she gasped. Tentatively she reached out to take the box.
 
“When I saw it, I couldn't help but think of you,” he said. `Of course, I was thinking of you in the first place - that's why I was there looking. But that doesn't really matter - does it?'
 
She gasped again when she saw it. `Sakura blossoms. And a book.' “It's wonderful.”
 
“I'm glad you like it.” He said, and he reached forward and pulled it out of the box, then walked behind her to help her put it on. The chain was nice and long, so that the book sat snugly between her breasts. She popped it open and saw there was room for two pictures - each about the size of the photo-machine picture.
 
“Thank you,” she said shyly. “Now I'll never be without you again.”
 
He patted his wallet. “Me either,” he said, and held out his hand to help her stand, so they could continue getting her home. It was, after all, getting quite late.
 
Outside the gate, she began chewing her bottom lip, and then broke the silence. “The bed won't arrive til tomorrow. Where will you sleep tonight?”
 
He tossed up one hand as if it was nothing. “Oh, I'll probably just sleep on the tatami mats in the bedroom - no big deal.”
 
She nodded at him and began chewing her bottom lip again. Then she nodded again. “Hold on a second,” she told him, and pulled her cell phone out of her purse, pressed a speed dial number.
 
Listening to the conversation, he heard:
“Hi. It's me, Kyoumi.”
“Um. I'm right out front. Can you meet me by the front gate?”
“I don't want to say over the phone.”
“I just want to see if you agree with me.”
“Okay. Thanks.”
 
His head tilted in question, but she didn't answer. A few minutes later, Sakura appeared.
 
“So what's up?”
 
“Shuichi's all moved out of his apartment - but his boxes won't arrive until tomorrow. And we went to buy him a bed tonight, but that won't be delivered til tomorrow, either… So…”
 
“So I get to play chaperone while your boyfriend spends the night?” She smirked at them. “Okay - on one condition! No! Make that two conditions!
 
“First, if it gets too much for either of you, Kyoumi will have to share my bed and Nakatsu will be left with top bunk. There will be NO hanky panky while I'm in the room, if I'm not involved!” They both nodded at that.
 
“Second…” she paused for dramatic effect. “I get to read some of your stories - say…10?”
 
Her face scrunched up in a grimace. “Five, and I get to pick them.”
 
“No way. 8, and I get to choose.”
 
“To choose you'd have to read at least part of em all! No way. I have to pick them. And 6.”
 
Nakatsu chose that moment to interrupt. “How about 7, and *I* get to choose them?”
 
Kyoumi looked at him and said, “Can I have veto power on the choices?” with a raised eyebrow that clearly said, “And if you choose something that absolutely pisses me off, I'll make you pay.”
 
“How about you get three vetos that you can use, but once they're used up - that's it?”
 
“That would be acceptable,” Sakura replied with a grin. Then she jumped up and down clapping. “Yay! I finally get to read some of your stories!” Suddenly, she stopped and whirled to face them. “And now! We have to get you in without anyone seeing…”
 
X