Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Drink The Skele-Gro ❯ 87. Food ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

1/3 finished! Yayz!
 
“Gus! Gus, come here!” Shawn's voice appeared to be coming from behind a small clump of trees. Curious as to what had his friend so excited, the pharmaceutical salesman cautiously made his way into the small clearing.
As soon as he stepped past the foliage, he could see his friend in a reverential pose in front of some strange tree. And was that… `Oh, you have got to be kidding me…'
“Gus! Pineapple!”
“Shawn. That's not a pineapple plant.”
“Who's the pineapple expert here, you or me?”
Gus rolled his eyes. “Pineapples are tropical. We're in a temperate zone.”
“But does not the swallow fly south in the winter to seek warmer weather?”
Upon hearing a response differing from the usual “But it's magic,” Gus took a few moments to register what had been said. “We are not quoting Monty Python, Shawn.”
Ignoring his friend's words, Shawn managed to find a sharp rock and began hacking away at the fruit. After a few moments, he managed to cut away a large section of flesh.
“Don't, Shawn. It's purple.”
Despite this warning, Shawn took a bite. No sooner had he closed his mouth, he froze, a horrified expression on his face.
Gus sighed as his friend spit the fruit out and began scraping at his tongue. “I told you that wasn't pineapple.”
 
Forgive the overused reference and review.