Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Parenting Skills 101 - A Remus and Sirius Adventure ❯ Of Meeting's and Parenting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
do NOT own Harry Potter, or any characters you recognize. Any similarities to real life and or fanfic/novels are purely a coincidence.


WARNING:CONTAIN SLASH (male on male)!! If you don't like it read it anyway, it will grow on you.


Chapter 2- Of Meetings and Parenting

Previously on Parenting 101

McGonagall's project starts tomorrow, what are you going to do about it? It's a graduation requirement.” said Lily. She was grasping at straws but she was trying to keep the boy calm, trying to make him see reason.

That won't be a problem.” He answered, pulling away from her, and wiping his face with the sleeve of his shirt. He stood up and started towards the entrance. By now the common room was quiet, listening to their conversation.

Why is that?”

Because I'm leaving Hogwarts for good.”

No need for me to tell you that, this defiantly did not work in Remus' favor. As soon as he arrived at the headmaster's office he started to feel nervous, he got the feeling he had a better chance of jumping off the Astronomy Tower and actually getting hurt, then leaving the school.

Seeing no sign of the Headmaster, Remus walked around the spacious office. “Well, if it isn't the Half-breed.” Sneered a voice from behind Remus, “What could you possibly be doing here? God knows you are lucky enough to even be in this school.”

Remus turned to the source of the noise, “Professor. Black. I see your as obnoxious as ever.” He wasn't in the mood for pleasantries and Phineas Black was not on his list of favorite people... or portraits to begin with.

“Oh, Phineas leave the poor boy alone! He has enough problems with out you causing him more.” said the portrait to Phineas Blacks right.

Remus smiled, “Thank you --”

“Mr. Lupin! Peasant night we are having wouldn't you say?”

Remus jumped a foot in the air and turned to look at Dumbledore, who had managed to sneak up behind him. “Y-yes, Sir... umm Professor?”Might as well get this over with

Dumbledore sighed, “I am quite disappointed in you Remus. In so many years of my being here, have I met such a strong willed individual. Sure there have been a few, but you Remus, you outshine them all. You are always kind to others whether they are deserving or not, you always stick up for whats right, and (even though you sometimes fail) you are always there to keep your friends out of danger. Not to mention your will to keep the wolf at bay. I have seen countless people try to do what you have been doing all these years and fail miserably. All of your hard work will go to waste if you give up now Remus.”

Remus took a deep breath, he wasn't even going to try to figure out how Dumbledore knew what he had come here for. For all Remus knew there could be hidden cameras in the common rooms and dorms.

“But- How can I get over this? I mean he almost managed to get a person killed. The worse that could have happened to him was expulsion, but me... the ministry wouldn't even give a second thought to killing me. All of this is because he was angry at Snape, three people almost got killed because he was angry and pulled a ridiculously stupid prank! How can I forgive that? Well tell me! How am I supposed to forgive him... how can I forgive myself?” Remus whispered the last part. Took a deep breath, and wiped the tears that had begun to fall from his eyes.

Dumbledore sighed. “Remus, sit down.” He wasn't being asked, he was being told.

Remus looked at the headmaster wearily, making no move to sit. “Professor, I just want out.
I am too tired, I just want it to end.”

“Is that what you are doing now Remus? You are giving up?” A upset voice came from behind Remus.

“James... Peter... what are you guys-”

“Do you really want to leave us Remus?” Peter's voice was slight, Remus had barely heard him. “What are we going to do without you. WeneedRemus.”

Remus sighed and looked at his friends. Peter looked as if he was going to cry and James just looked pissed and upset. “You'll deal.”

“Thats just the thing Remus. We won't! Your the one who keeps out of trouble, who helps us do our homework. God knows that if you weren't here last year we would have been held back, cause we wouldn't have done our homework without you riding us.” James at this point had grabbed Remus by his shoulders and was shaking him roughly.

“Mr.Potter if you aren't able to restrain yourself from shaking Mr.Lupin. I will have to ask you to.. ah, Mr.Black to what do we owe the pleasure?”

Remus, James and Peter's heads snapped towards the office door, there in all his glory stood Sirius Black.

Ignoring Dumbledore (which was a shock within itself) Sirius looked curiously at Remus. “So your leaving?”

Remus glared, “Whats it to you?”

Sirius shrugged, “Just curious really.”and guilty, upset and hurt among other things.added silently to himself. Not wanting to admit it out loud that he missed his best friend.

Remus turned to Dumbledore, “It's for the best, Professor.”

Dumbledore seemed to be deep in thought, “If you think it's whats best Remus I guess I -”

“Remus John Lupin! How dare you think you can leave Hogwarts?! What about you duty as Prefect?” Lily Evans stormed into the room, her face red with anger.

She grabbed the front of his robes and began to shake him violently. “You...” shake “Can't” shake, shake “Leave...” shake “me...” shake “To deal with these “ shake, shake, shake “bloody... idiots” shake “all by” shake “...myself!!” She let go of Remus, and sat down on the chair next to the Headmasters desk feeling slightly lightheaded.

Remus swayed from side to side for a few moments before collapsing onto the floor. “I feel sick.”

“Re-!” Sirius stopped himself from going to his friend, remembering that he was supposed to be angry with the boy. Turning he left the room.

Just as Sirius had left the room McGonagall entered, “Mr.Lupin! Mr.Potter! Ms. Evans! Mr. Pettigrew! What on earth are you doing here? You should be in your dorms. It is after hours you have no ex-”

“Professor, it's Remus! He insists that he has to leave. You have to stop him! Please he wont listen to us!”

“I have to leave,” Remus said thickly, picking himself up from the floor.

“Professor Dumbledore surely you understand.”

Dumbledore looked at Remus wearily through his half moon spectacles, “You are a promising and valued student at this school and I could never ask you to...”

“It wasn’t a question,” Remus told him. “I have to leave. I can’t stay here any longer. When does the next train leave Hogsmeade?”

“The next one doesn't leave until next month. They are doing construction work on the tracks.”

“Construction work, on magical tracks?” Lupin said suspiciously, “Fine then I'll walk.”

“All the way to Ireland?! You are out of your mind, there is no way I could allow a student to do such a thing.” said Dumbledore, trying to make the boy see reason.

“I don’t care.” Remus yelled angrily, his voice raising.

“Mr Lupin, please,” McGonagall admonished. “Calm down.” He nodded mechanically.

“I don't care,” he repeated, a little quieter. “Don’t you see? I have to go. I can’t stay here. I… I can’t bear the fact thathebetrayed me... again! This has happened before, Professor. How can I ever trust him?”

“Mr. Potter, Mr. Pettigrew? Would you mind escorting Ms. Evans to Madam Pomphrey?” It wasn't a question it was a demand. The boys nodded. “Tell her to give Ms. Evans here a dreamless potion, the poor girl has had rough day.”

The boys had forgotten Lily was there. Turning to her they saw her rocking back and forth muttering to herself, “No, he just can't leave. I won't let him. I'll kill him before he leaves here. He's not leaving me to deal with the idiots all by myself.”

“But I'm not done yelling at him yet!” Yelled Lily, her eyes flashing dangerously as the two boys dragged her out of the office.

“Did you ever stop and think why?” asked Dumbledore calmly, his eyes twinkling slightly with amusement.

“Why he betrayed me?” Remus knew that wasn't what the headmaster had meant.

“No, why you can‘t bear the fact that it was him?” The truth was he did have an idea as to why Sirius betraying him had hurt so much more then if it had been James or Peter. At least deep down he did.

“Albus! This is not the time for you to be playing matchmaker! This is serious... Mr. Lupin, what in the world is so funny?” McGonagall exasperated.

“Sorry Professor... inside joke.” said Remus, coughing to conceal what sounded suspiciously like 'heh, serious Sirius. What a stupid pun'.

“Back to the subject at hand.” said Dumbledore cheerfully. “It seems to me as though your friends will kill you, if you as so much as take a step out of this castle. So what are you going to do Mr. Lupin? Leave, and face the unavoidable rage your friends are bound to release on you. Or stay and try to work things out with Mr. Black?”

Truth was that is what Remus had been wanting to run away from. He didn't want to work things out with Sirius. He felt that if he did, he would forgive the ebony haired boy too easily. He was afraid... but he didn't know of what exactly. All he knew was that Sirius was the only person who can completely brake him. Remus hated someone having that kind of power over him, and for now he was free from that (at least thats how he sees it).

Reluctantly Remus agreed. “I'll stay though I am not able to make any promises. I am not saying I will make up with Sirius, nor am I agreeing to come back here next year. I will take this one step at a time, and see where thisadventuretakes me.”

Remus nodded his head in determination, 'This won't be too bad. I'll take it one step at a time.'

Dumbledore stood up a smile upon his wrinkled face, “That is marvelous news Mr. Lupin!I am glad you have decided to stay! Now that, that has been settled Mr. Lupin. You may go to your dorm, just flash your prefect badge have you any trouble.”

“Thank you, Headmaster.” Remus smiled at McGonagall, “See you tomorrow, Professor.”

She couldn't help but smile slightly, “I'll see you tomorrow Mr Lupin.”

Remus turned and left the room, “Be sure you and your friends are on time for my class Mr. Lupin, or it'll be detention!” she called through the door.

“Wouldn't have it any other way Minnie!” called Remus, slapping a hand over his mouth. “Shit, I hope she didn't hear that.” He quickly picked up his pace, suddenly wanting to be in his warm bed.



McGonagall shook her head, and took a seat on the couch behind Dumbledore's desk. “Those boys will be the death of me... Albus?”

“Yes, Minerva? Oh yes, I suppose you do have a few questions.” He turned his chair around so that he was facing her properly.

“A few.” she admitted, “How did you know he was going to stay?”

“Truth was I didn't. I hoped though that he would see reason. He is a valuable aspect to this community, helps raise our yearly allowance from the ministry.”

“You and I both know Albus that, money is not the reason why. You have a soft spot for the boy. It's not surprising we all do. Except Professor. Milton, he seems to hate the poor boy.”

Dumbledore sighed, “We aren't able to save him from all the prejudice, but we can at least make him feel at home and normal most of the time, right?”

McGonagall smiled, “Yes I suppose.” She looked at a clock on the office wall, “Look at the time,I must get going.” She got up and walked through the door, stopping she said. “Night, Albus.”

“Have a wonderful evening Minerva.”

The door of the office closed and Dumbledore turned to Phineas, “I would appreciate it if you, weren't cruel to my students.”

The only answer to his statement, was a snore. Dumbledore waved his hand slightly, making all the lights in the room go out. “Until tomorrow, my friends.”



McGonagall walked up to the front of the class, her normal stern look plastered on her face. “Take a seat and pipe down class, I said pipe down! We have to get this done before the period ends.” The room slowly quieted except for a few giggles from the back row, and the shifting of chairs as the Marauders walked in breathless.

Choosing to ignore the fact that they had came in 3 minutes late, she began the lecture. “As I am sure you are all aware, the Ministry has mandated a Sex Education course, for 5th years and up.”

James let out a moan and whispered, “Yes! Sirius! Oh yes. Do it again!” this caused the class to erupt into hysterical laughter. “Black, Potter I will be seeing you here tonight 7 O'clock. As I was saying, we are having a sex ed/parenting course. You are going to be receiving the requirements for the parenting skills project, in this class, and I guess the 'Sex Ed' part would be you realizing that havingintercourse...” she said the word with extreme difficulty, “is not just about pleasure, it also requires a lot of responsibility.”

“Not, if you do it right.” said Sirius.

McGonagall ignored him and tapped her desk with her wand a “WAAA, WAAA, WAAA” came from the desk. Suddenly something resembling a skinned chicken appeared in her hand. “This is your baby, you will be completing this project in pairs. I will be you into pairs, I not will take requests. Just suck it up, it is only a project. Now I when I read you name you are to sit with your partners, so please stand in the back until you name is called.”

She waited until everyone was in the back, groaning inwardly as she watch Potter and Black fooling around.

Sighing she started to read the names off one by one. “Abbott and Keele, Snape and Pettigrew, Burkheart and Anderson. Potter and Evans.” A simultaneous cheer and groan could be heard from across the room. She smiled she had been sick of Potter chasing after Evans and Evans pretending to “hate” him. This way they are forced to work together and Evans will finally see that they are meant for each other.

Finally she reached the end, smiling secretively making Remus gulp. “Malfoy and Black. Lupin and Black.”

Remus inwardly cursed, he was either stuck with Narsissa or Sirius either way it wont be good. Narcissa raised her hand, “I amnotwith that half breed!”

McGonagall clucked her tongue impatiently,“You are working with Mr. Malfoy, Ms. Black, and I would appreciate if kept your beliefs out of my classroom. Now, one person in the group, I don't care who, must be the one to 'carry the baby'. This part you can choose I really couldn't care less I just need half of the room to be “Pregnant” by the end of the next class. Now whoever is made 'pregnant' will have an enchantment put on them. TheRendez enceinteIt's a really simple spell that will give you the symptoms of being pregnant. And if you drink a potion or put a spell on yourself to make you seem not pregnant or one that takes away the symptoms. You and your partner will fail. You are doing this the muggle way." Almost simultaneously the class started moaning and shaking their heads, not believing that they were being forced to do this “The Muggle Way!”.

“You can refuse.” said McGonagall.

Cheers went up through the class like wildfire.

“But, you will not graduate and have to do this project all over again.” The class was quiet, scowling.

The chicken thing was back in her hand. “On the 15th , the babies will arrive. You and your partner will be responsible for this baby. You are to be nice to your baby. It has spells put on it, enchantments that tell us is the baby had been abused in anyway. So no Mr. Black you cannot take the baby to Quidditch practices and use it as a quaffle. Nor can you feed it to the giant squid. Do I make myself clear?”

She heard him whisper something about a loophole, “Mr. Black if this “baby” is abused in anyway, shape or form you and Lupin will not graduate in two years do I make myself clear? Lupin Make sure he doesn't do anything to it.”

“Yes, Professor.” Remus was glaring at Sirius, so much for them being friendly towards each other.

“You all have this evening. You're homework for tonight is to write home with your partner, tell your parents you're pregnant. Write a foot long paper on their reaction and how it made you feel. You may want to tell them it's a project for school first... oh forget it.” By that point on one was listening all telling stories to their partners about what they think their parents reactions will be.

The bell rang, and the children started to leave. “You will receive your bellies tomorrow, class dismissed. Oh whatever.” McGonagall fell back into her chair exhausted, suddenly feeling exhausted. “Good luck, Lupin. You'll need it.”

A/n- This chapter is in memory ofRobert Knox,18-year-old actor, was cast in the role of Marcus Belby for 'Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince.' He was stabbed to death outside a pub in Sidcup, England. Four others were hurt during the fight and one man was arrested on suspicion of murder. What do you think? should I continue? Read and review.