Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Parenting Skills 101 - A Remus and Sirius Adventure ❯ Of Letters and Brotherly Bonding ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do NOT own Harry Potter, or any characters you recognize. Any similarities to real life and or fanfic/novels are purely a coincidence.

WARNING:
CONTAIN SLASH (male on male)!! If you don't like it read it anyway, it will grow on you.

Previously on Parenting Skills 101A Remus and Sirius Adventure

The chicken thing was back in her hand. “On the 15th, the babies will arrive. You and your partner will be responsible for this baby. You are to be nice to your baby. It has spells put on it, enchantments that tell us is the baby had been abused in anyway. So no Mr. Black you cannot take the baby to Quidditch practices and use it as a quaffle. Nor can you feed it to the giant squid. Do I make myself clear?”

She heard him whisper something about a loophole, “Mr. Black if this “baby” is abused in any way, shape, or form you and Lupin will not graduate in two years do I make myself clear? Lupin Make sure he doesn't do anything to it.”

Yes, Professor.” Remus was glaring at Sirius, so much for them being friendly towards each other.

You all have homework this evening. You're homework for tonight is to write home with your partner, telling your parents you're pregnant. Write a foot long paper on their reaction and how it made you feel. You may want to tell them it's a project for school first... oh forget it.” By that point on one was listening to her, all were telling stories to their partners about what they think their parents reactions will be.

The bell rang, and the children started to leave. “You will receive your bellies tomorrow, class dismissed. Oh whatever.” McGonagall fell back into her chair exhausted, suddenly feeling exhausted. “Good luck, Lupin. You'll need it.”

Chapter3 - Of Letter's and Brotherly Bonds

Remus Lupin looked around the common room, getting more and more frustrated by the second. Sirius was no where to be seen, and stupid James refused to tell him where the unstable boy was. Peter on the other hand was too frightened by the concept of having to work with Snape that he didn't even know Sirius wasn't in the common room.

Of course had Remus been thinking clearly, he would have gotten the Marauders Map that was lying in the bottom of his trunk doing nothing. But because he was in factnotclearly, he did not. Instead he walked around the school aimlessly, looking in the random places that the boy may be.

The kitchens, the Great Hall, the lake and even the Forbidden Forest. Sirius was no where to be found. Remus sighed in frustration, and looked up at the inky blue sky. A crescent moon was barely shown through the clouds.

Something shining slightly in the horizon caught Remus' eye. He recognized it as the flashlight he had given Sirius for his 12th birthday. Looking more carefully he saw that the light had come from the Astronomy Tower, and that as soon as he looked directly at it, it had been shut off.

Sniffing the air, he smelled the scents of Hagrid and Filtch coming from the forest. Not sensing any other people (or threats if you will), he slipped through the castles front doors, and made his way towards the Astronomy Tower.

Sirius' POV

I sighed and closed the flashlight, Remus had given me for my 12th birthday. I looked out of the broken window that stood across from me. From the Astronomy Tower everything looks small, the stars, the trees and the people. I squinted slightly as I saw a small figure move slowly but determinedly through the grounds.

Turning my flashlight on I saw Remus, looking curiously up at the Astronomy Tower. Quickly I shut the flashlight and slipped into the darkness of the tower. Looking out the window once again I watched as Remus made his way through the front doors. I sighed knowing where his next destination would be. I turned towards the door, hoping to escape before he made it up here.

I didn't make it. I looked up to see Remus' reflection shining in the broken glass on the floor.

"There you are you prat! I've been looking all over for you!” Remus came up to me slightly out of breath, his cheeks bright red from his excursion.

I glared at him, “What do you want?” I asked in a tone that I normally reserve for Snape.

He glared back at me, “The homework. We have to tell our parents about our “Pregnancy”. Remember? For McGonagall's class?”

I sighed irritably and nodded my head, “Might as well get this over with. Did she say to tell them first, or send them a letter after we get the responses?”

Remus looked thoughtfully for a moment, all traces of his anger gone. “You know I'm not sure... I don't think so?”

Almost without thinking I said nastily,” I thought you were smart. I thought you knew everything.” I wincedwhy the hell would I say that? Am I a complete and utter idiot?looked up to see Remus' dangerously angry face.MEEP! Yes, Yes I am a complete and utter idiot.

Remus had an evil glint in his eye and I couldn't help but shudder slightly at the sinister look that he was giving me. I know that I am in trouble, so much in fact that I don't see a reason for me to go home this summer my parents will probably disown me.

The Common Room- 12am

I watched as Remus worked diligently over a piece of parchment, writing the letter to my parents. He stopped momentarily, looking up at me a curious expression etched across his face. “Whose going to be pregnant? I think you should be it, you seem like the obvious choice.”

“WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!?” I yelled at him angrily.

He looked at me eyebrows raised, “Well for one, you hair is cut like a girls, and you have girlish features.”

“You have hair way past your shoulders, you talk like a girl, you act like a girl, you write like a girl, and you look as much like a girl as I do!” I snapped back at him angrily.

He looked unfazed, “Yes...” he whispered so only I could hear, it seems as if the whole common room was now listening to our banter. “But if I were to carry the “baby” how would it look when it comes out half-werewolf? We have no idea how this works, do you really want the whole school finding out about me, if it does in fact work like a real pregnancy?”

I sighed in defeat, he always knew what buttons to push to get me to do what he wanted me to. He does have a valid point though. “Alright I'll do it, I guess I owe you.”

“To right you do.” he muttered bitterly under his breath. He bent down once again over the piece of parchment, writing a few more sentences on it before handing it to me, a smirk plastered on his face. “Well here’s the letter to your parents Sirius.”

I read it aloud, raising my eyebrows every now and then.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Black,

I am pleased to inform you of your son Sirius Black’s pregnancy! He will remain here the rest of the year with his classmates, as well as the summer. I don’t have to tell you the responsibility there is in raising a child, and because of Sirius’ instability there is a slight cause for concern. But I feel that if he were to stay under my care him, he as well as the baby will be fine. If you have any concerns please contact your son, for this is completely his fault.

sincerely,

Remus J. Lupin

“Remus you’re smart, what in all the seven hells makes you think that they will fall for that?”

Remus took a sip from his butterbeer that magically appeared on the table, “Thank you Twinky.” He said to the house elf that appeared next to him. They only come into view when he is around, they simply adore him.“Well, I was hoping they would realize it was hoax. Unless of course you want them to think you are pregnant? I can arrange that you know. Your brother owes me anyway.”

“Do I wanna know?”

“Nope. Anyway you had better get started on the letter to my parents. Knowing you it will take you all night to come up with a convincing one.”

I looked at him evilly, “No I already have it.” I took a piece of parchment out of my robes and handed it to Remus, “Just let me change something.” I crossed out the bit about Remus being pregnant, and replaced it with him getting me pregnant.

Dear Mr. an Mrs. Lupin,

I regret to inform you that your son has gotten another student pregnant. The beautiful and gorgeous Sirius Black. Anyway he will be staying at the school for the remainder of the school year as well as the summer. Also we regret to inform you due to your sons Lycanthropy, he may have to go in front of the ministry. Well anyways’ have a good day.

Sincerely,

Sirius Black

Remus looked at me; his face had a look of humor and annoyance. “Oh, and this letter is justsomuchbetter.”voice was coated with sarcasm. “Unlike your parents Sirius mine aren’t quite as slow, they will never fall for this. And putting my Lycanthropy in the letter is only going to result in getting them pissed, and me getting pulled from school.”

I sighed, “Oh fine, I guess putting in your Lycanthropywasbit much.” I sighed as I crossed out the sentence. Fine then I guess ‘I regret to inform you that your son has gotten another student pregnant. The beautiful and gorgeous Sirius Black. Anyway he will be staying at the school for the remainder of the school year as well as the summer. Well anyways’ have a good day.’ will have to do eh?”

“I guess so…. Well I am off to bed. Make sure to bring those to the owlrey, we need them to get to our parents by 5 if we want to get our responses by breakfast.” He gathered his books and started to make his way towards the dorm.

“Alright…. I’m sorry.” I said quietly, “For everything.”

“What?”

“I’m sorry for everything. For the pain I caused you, for almost getting you kicked out of school, for almost killing Snape… everything.”

Remus stared at me for a moment, “I know,” he simpily stated before making his way up the stairs. His cloak whipping behind him as he turned the corner.

“Yeah, you know. But you don’t care.” I slowly made my way towards the owlrey picking a gray and white owl to send to Remus’ parents, and calling my owl Zero down to me.

“Zero, I need you to lead her to the Lupin’s and then make sure Mum get’s this.” He hooted softly, before nipping the gray owl’s neck and flying out the window. “Have a safe journey!” I called.

Turning I slam into Regulus, “Hey Reggie, what are you doing here bro?”

“Nothing much, I couldn’t sleep. What are you doing up here?” He leaned out the window, the wind flipping his long hair into his face.

“Careful, Reg you don’t want to fall. I had to send a letter to Mum and Pop about the pregnancy.”

“Right I heard Snape talking about it. Bad luck you getting teamed up with Lupin, eh?”

I turned to him sharply, “What do you mean?”

Regulus leaned against the wall, “Well he hates you know doesn’t he? I mean after the stunt you pulled I can see why. And you claim to love him.”

My eyes widened in realization, “ You know about his Lycanthropy, how did you find out?”

Regulus shrugged, “The same as you, he is always missing classes a couple of days after the full moon, it’s kinda obvious.” when he saw my expression he added, “Don’t worry I won’t tell. I owe him.”

“OK. What the hell happened between you two?!”

“That’s for me to know and Remus to tell. Look at the time, I should be heading off to bed now. Take care bro. He loves you, you know. You just have to be patient.”

“Thank you, Reggie. Now get to bed before Slughorn does bed checks. I’ll see you soon, look after yourself Reg, love ya.” I mussed my brother’s hair and kissed his head, “Never give up your freewill, do what you want to do Regulus, don’t let anyone push you around. Just call me if you need me, I‘ll always come to your aid. Promise me you will keep yourself out of trouble, or at least come to me when you do. No matter how stupid it seems, or how ashamed you are. Promise me Reggie.”

“Yeah I know, alright I promise. You have to do the same though.”

“Of course…” At his raised eyebrows I said, “OK, OK, I prwomise.”

“I hear that! You said you prwomise. I invented that! You can’t use that on me!” He jumped on me and started to tickle me.

I laughed whole heartily, my hands raised in surrender. “ Alright, alright… STOP!! I give up! I promise to come to you I will keep my self out of trouble! I promise to come to you whenever I need help, no matter how stupid or how ashamed I feel.… I promise.” I held out my pinky and Regulus grabbed it with his.

“I promise always and forever.” We whispered together, remembering our vow from when we were younger.

Regulus stood up and offered his hand, “We had better go. I love you Sirius.”

“I love you to Regulus. Now come on we seriously… oh come on! You have to be over that by now! Anyway we seriously have to get back.”

Slowly Regulus and I made our way towards our respective houses, brothers going their separate ways, but somehow having bonds stronger than ever.

Next Morning: The Great Hall 7:45 am

Owls circled down to their owners and three very recognizable owls made their way down to three particular Marauders with three slightly smoking red envelopes. The owls dropped the letters just in time for them to explode into flames. Three voices simultaneously shouted, "PREGNANT!?"was there that the letters differed. Remus' screamed, "Remus Lupin, after all that we taught you, you go and get somebody pregnant?! Your father won't even speak to me about you and I am ashamed to call you my son!"

“You were ashamed to call me your son anyways.” Muttered Remus but his statement was drowned out by Sirius' mum’s voice.

Sirius' went rather differently, "Sirius Black, this is the last straw. I am four seconds from disowning you, and I know that this must be traumatizing your brother. Poor Regulus having a pregnant brother! This is what you get for your promiscuity."

“That's all? I have to say, I am a bit disappointed.” Sirius said. Sirius turned to see his brother roll his eyes at him, making believe he was throwing up in his food. Sirius winked at him before turning back to his breakfast.

James was if anything the most mild reaction, "James, I have to say that I am disappointed in you, (your mother is looking over my shoulder), but good job at finally getting Evans with you. Good luck, and remember to name it after me, or your mother, she might like you better then.”

Once the howlers had disintegrated, Snape came over with his posse and remarked, “Well, it looks like there are some soon-to-be castrated boys in Gryffindor, eh boys?”

Sirius retorted sarcastically, “I was pregnant by Remus before we even left the classroom!

It's a dream come true and we are both VERY happy.”

Sirius spotted his brother snickering behind Snape’s back, giving him a thumbs up.

Remus on the other hand choked on his toast and glared at Sirius, ‘What the Hell is he doing?!’

James looked at Remus for an explanation but all Remus could do was gawk and shake his head.

“Well this is going to be an interesting few months.” Muttered McGonagall, as she watched Remus glare at Sirius, and Sirius smirk at the Slytherins.

Transfiguration class

Remus ran into the classroom, slipping into his seat next to Sirius. Sliding as far away from the unstable boy as possible, McGonagall glared at him. “Mr. Lupin you are 5 minutes late to class. Give me one reason as to why I shouldn't give you detention.”

Remus put on his sweetest face, his eyes sparkling and his full lips pulled into a pout.

“Sorry Professor, I haven't been feeling well as of late. Constant headaches, stomaches and I have been having the most terrible and grotesque nightmares, so I haven't been sleeping well.”

McGonagall rolled her eyes and said, “Alright Mr. Lupin. I will let you off the hook today, but don't expect to get off as easy next time.”

“Yes, Professor.”

“Now, let's begin shall we? Pettigrew and Snape, which one of you is going to be pregnant?”

Snape glared at Peter, but got up and walked to the front of the class. “That would be me, Professor.”

The class snickered quietly and Malfoy yelled, “So thanyouare thebitch! And here I thought it was going to be Pettigrew.”

Several of the Slytherins snorted, but they stopped when they saw the glares from the Marauders.

“Very well,Rendez enceinte!” Suddenly a small bump appeared on Snape's once flat stomach. “Congratulations on your bundle of joy, Mr. Pettigrew and Mr. Snape. You both are free to go, just hand in your homework.”

Peter was out of there faster than lightning and after Severus handed in the homework so was he. Cursing the whole time.

"Mr. Potter and Miss. Evans... Mr. Potter you took on the job? I have to say I am a bit surprised."

James shrugged as he walked up to the front of the classroom, "I don't mind really. I'd do anything for Lily, and when she asked me to be the pregnant one, I jumped at the opportunity.

McGonagall looked wearily at Lily, who was smirking. "Very well Mister Potter,Rendez enceinte! Pleasein your homework. You and Miss. Evans are free to go. Also Congratulations on your pregnancy.”

James grinned idiotically and followed Lily out of the classroom, winking as he passed Sirius and Remus.

“Mr. Black and Mr.Lupin, which one of you is going to be pregnant?”

“Sirius is, Professor.” Remus said immediately, pointing at Sirius.

“Oh right, I remember that display at lunch, you were pregnant before you even left class last night. Well anywayRendez enceinte!Congratulations boys, oh and Mr. Black no Quidditch until the 15th I'm afraid.”

“WHAT!! No- no Quidditch? You can't be serious Professor!! Are you trying to kill me?? What on earth am I going to do?!”

To Be Continued...