InuYasha Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ The Hacker ❯ Ed Finds a Way ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: I had some extra time so I decided to post the next chapter. Don't forget to review!

Water_Rose- Thank you. I thought I messed up a bit on Ed's personality. Anyway now that you mention it I think I will add a little background story for Ed. The Bebop Crew is just in Tokyo, Japan. I might put a touch of Ed's `family' in this chapter or in future chapters. You'll just have to wait and see. ^-^

Disclaimer: I don't own Cowboy Bebop or Inuyasha.

Chapter 2: Ed Finds a Way

Ed and Ein had crawled into the kitchen where Inuyasha was waiting for Kagome. Ed took one look at Inuyasha and climber onto his back. "What the...?" Inuyasha says as he feels Ed sitting on his shoulders.

Ed starts to touch Inuyasha ears. "Ed likes your ears, dog man!" She says cheerfully, with a huge silly grin on her face. Ein was sitting at Inuyasha's feet with his tongue hanging out. He was panting slightly as he looked up at Inuyasha.

"Kagome! Who the heck are they!?" Inuyasha yells as he grabs Ed by the back of her shirt. He pulls her off and holds her a bit away from his face. "Now listen here you little boy-"

Ed interrupts Inuyasha. "But Ed is a girl!" Inuyasha looks at her questioning as Kagome comes in.

"Put her down Inuyasha!" Inuyasha complies and Ed hits the floor with a light thump. Ed immediately gets up and starts to run around, arms out like an arm plane, circling 'dog man'. Ein takes to following Ed around Inuyasha, barking each time they passed in front of Ed.

Inuyasha looks at Ed and Ein, shakes his head, and turns his attention to Kagome. "Kagome, who are they?"

"I'm not sure Inuyasha. All I know is that she," Kagome points to Ed, "is the one that got into my computer and found out about Feudal Japan. Now she wants to go back with us!"

Inuyasha growls and grabs Ed by the back of the shirt again. "Listen here, squirt! You aren't going back with us!"

Ed grins at Inuyasha. "Oh yes Ed is! Or Ed and Ein will tell everyone all about it! Ed will even put up the diary for everyone to see on the computer!" Inuyasha gives Kagome a questioning look. he was obviously confused about how Ed could tell everyone.

Kagome sighs and looks slightly defeated. "We'll have to find a way to take her back Inuyasha." Inuyasha looks like he's about to interrupt but, Kagome continues before he can. "Or people will be bothering me about this whole thing thinking its real or that I'm crazy!"

Inuyasha grumbles at Ed before responding to Kagome. "We can't take the runt or the dog with us! Only me and you can pass through the well!"

Ed looks at Inuyasha and pulls down her googles over her eyes. "Let Ed find a way!" Inuyasha starts to growl at Ed and Ed pats him on the head. "Leave it to Ed, dog man!" Ed scrambles out of Inuyasha's grasp and makes her way to Kagome's computer.

Kagome, Inuyasha, and Ein follow Ed to the computer to find her working on fixing the computer from the virus she had implanted in it. It seems Ed had made a backup disk with all of Kagome's information that was on her computer and had brought it with her. "Feh, I'm gonna wait outside." Inuyasha heads outside, not wanting to be near Ed or Ein any longer than he needs to be.

Kagome just nods as she watches, amazed, as Ed skillfully gets the computer started in no time at all. She then starts to reinstall all the old programs with all the old data from before. All the while Ed is making strange noises that sound like words she just made up as she types.

Ein starts to sniff around Kagome's house and ends up going outside to follow Inuyasha. "Go away ya stupid dog!" Can be heard coming from outside. Kagome glances outside to see Inuyasha running around in an attempt to get Ein away from him. It has the opposite effect as Ein runs after him thinking its a game.

Kagome turns her attention back to Ed to find that Ed has her computer all set up and is going through her diary again to find clues so she and Ein can go back to Feudal Japan with Kagome and Inuyasha. Ed spots something of interest and spins in the chair a few times, while saying "Wheeee!", before stopping it to face Kagome. "Ed needs to see this shikon jewel shard things!"

Kagome nods and wordlessly heads to where she left her backpack to get a Shikon Jewel Shard for the strange hacker to examine. She comes back to find Ed swinging in the chair with Ein, who had come back inside after chasing Inuyasha, in her lap. Ed doesn't stop when Kagome holds out the jewel shard to her, but takes it from Kagome as she holds it out while she spins. Ed comes to a halt in front of the computer again and starts to examine it somewhat closely.

"Ooooo! Ed thinks this is pretty and shiny!" Ed states while she is hunched over it. Kagome looks over Ed's shoulder to try and catch a glimpse of what Ed is doing. Ed responds by turning to Kagome and takes on the attitude of a dog protecting its territory and growls at her. Kagome backs away from Ed while sweat dropping.

"Ed thinks she found a way!" Ed states in a sing-song voice as sits up from her hunched position. She holds the jewel shard out in front of her face while facing Kagome. "If Ed holds this while going through the well, Ed should be able to go back with you!"

Kagome looks at the jewel shard and starts to think this over. "Okay, we can give it a try, but won't your family miss you, Ed?"

Ed stops to think about this for a brief five seconds. She blinks at Kagome. "Why would they worry about Ed? Ed left them a note!"

~Back at Ed's house~

Three bounty hunters, Jet, Faye, and Spike to be exact, are lounging about in the downstair's living room. Spike is leaning against a wall, smoking a cigarette, Faye is sitting on the couch with her feet resting on the table, and Jet is working on fixing a computer part that Ein broke, sitting next to Faye.

Spike glances at Faye and Jet lazily. "Have any of you seen the squirt around?"

Faye glances up at Spike and waves a piece of paper she had in her hand at him. "Ed left a note saying she would be gone for a while." Jet and Spike nod in acknowledgement.

~Back at Kagome's house~

Kagome tries to stay positive despite the fact that her and Inuyasha have a kid and dog in tow. Ed is doing another airplane imitation, noise included, towards the well house with Ein following closely behind. Inuyasha glares at the two. "Why do we have to bring them with us again, Kagome?"

Kagome looks ahead of them at Ed and Ein and then looks back at Inuyasha. "Because if we don't everyone will find out how to get to Feudal Japan whether they believe it or not!"

Kagome and Inuyasha enter the well house to find Ed looking down in it and Ein sitting on the edge of the well. "Ed and Ein are ready to go!"

Kagome nods and walks down the stairs to Ed. "Alright, but if it doesn't work then you have to go home and you can't tell anyone about this! Promise?"

"Ed promises!" Ed yells back to them as she leaps into the well. As she jumps Ein jumps down, with a jewel shard in his collar and lands on Ed's back before they make it through to Sengoku Jidai.

Inuyasha looks down the well in disbelief. "The twerp actually made it." Kagome nods and prepares to jump down after them.

"Yes, yes! Lets just get going Inuyasha! Who knows what trouble they could cause..." Kagome jumps in with Inuyasha slightly behind.

AN: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! If I have time I'll try to update later on today or this week!