InuYasha Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Goodbye To You ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

TSP: Okay, so I'm back. It's been a while since I've written, but I have become inspired by a fellow writer whose story is on my favorites list, I suggest you all read her story. I do not own Inuyasha or DBZ. I am also not copying “A New Beginning”. Like I said, it inspired me. So here we go. Read and Review, and be honest, and try to go easy on me!
Goodbye To You
Chapter One
“Chi Chi, are you sure this is what you want? If you are having second thoughts, we can forget this whole mess and just pick up where we left off, continue our lives together, like we promised we would.”
Goku sat on a bench out side of a courtroom with his soon to be ex-wife, awaiting the moment he had been dreading for the past four months.
Chi Chi turned to him and stared deep into his eyes. She took a deep, very sad breath and grabbed his hands. “Goku, I am sure that this is what I want.” Tears started to well in her eyes. “I want you to know that I love you, and I always will, but I can't do this any more. You're away all the time, either searching for the Dragon Balls or just training. I can't do it anymore, Goku. I can't just sit at home and wait for you while my life passes me by. I want to be happy and I want you to be happy, too. This is why I'm doing this.” She wiped a stray tear from her cheek. Goku turned away from her, but still held her hand.
He understood why she was doing this. He had always known that she was unhappy with the way things were, but he had always believed that their love would help her to understand why he did the things he did. But in the end, love wasn't enough to prevail through all the anger, loneliness, and insecurities.
But this knowledge didn't make the process of divorce any easier on the people involved.
“Goku, I know it will be hard on both of us. But in time I know that we can be friends again. After all we have two sons together and so many good memories. It won't be the same, but it'll be something.”
He let go of her hands and blinked his eyes furiously to keep back the tears. He may have understood her rationale, but would have given anything to change her mind.
He stared at the opposite wall for what felt like the longest moments of his life. Finally, he turned to her, with a small smile on his face. “Chi Chi, you know that I will always love you too. And I would give anything to change your mind on this. But I do want you to be happy, and I am obviously not the guy to do that for you.” He stood up and walked a few paces away from her. “It's okay, really it is. You're right. It will take time, but we will be friends when all this is through. I just wish…” He trailed off, unable to find the words to describe what he was feeling in his heart. Unable to find the words to change her mind, the words to end the pain. He turned to her and said, “Come one, let's just get this over with.”
Chi Chi stared after him as he walked into the court room where they were to end the life that they had created together.
`I know it hurts, Goku,' she thought as she stood and straightened her dress. `But it's what I have to do. I just can't keep doing this. I'm so, so sorry.'
With that, she walked into the courtroom to end the marriage that she had shared with Goku, the savior of the Earth.
At that same moment, 500 years earlier…
Kagome could hardly believe it was happening. The moment that so may people had been waiting for for the past five years was finally here.
Naraku was finally defeated.
As what was left of him lay dying on the ground just twenty feet from where she stood, Kagome took this chance to look around at the mismatched army they had put together to go up against the monster.
To her right stood Miroku who was staring at his hand, watching the cursed void disappear. He was helping a badly injured Sango to stand. Next to Sango stood a fully transformed Kilala with a Sango's little brother, Kohaku, passed out on her back. On Kilala's head stood the small fox demon, Shippo, who had been watching over Kohaku during the battle.
To Kagome's left stood Kouga, the leader of the Wolf Tribe, with almost twenty of his kin at his side to aid in the battle. Kagome gave him a small smile to show her gratitude. She knew that it hadn't been easy for he and Inuyasha to work together. Especially since she had told him that she was in love with Inuyasha and wanted to spend the rest of her life with him, as his mate. She had actually seen tears in his eyes when she showed Kouga the bite mark that she let Inuyasha leave on her. He must really have fallen in love with her over the past few years to be able to look past his pride and broken heart in order to help them.
Just past Kouga and his men stood what Kagome considered to be the most surprising addition to their team, Sesshomaru and Jakin. No matter how much she knew that Sesshomaru hated Naraku, she never would have thought that they would ever be able to get past their differences to beat Naraku. But in the end, Sesshomaru had come through to help them with the matter at hand.
Kagome smiled again. `It must be her,' she thought. `Rin must really have softened his heart over these past years.'
She looked just past Sesshomaru to see the one she was reincarnated from, Kikyo. The smile faded from her lips as she thought of what was to come after the last of Naraku was gone.
It had been almost a month since Kagome and Inuyasha had finally verbalized their feelings for each other. Inuyasha has confessed his love to her and vowed that after they had defeated Naraku, he would spend the rest of his life with her. He had even offered to become a full human with the help of the Shikon no Tamma, to prove the extent of his love and devotion to her. But she had refused to let him do such a thing. After all, it was the hanyou Inuyasha that she had fallen in love with, and the half demon that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.
And poor Kikyo was about to find out that she was to return to after life alone, with out Inuyasha. Kagome could already see the sadness in her eyes, and it did break her heart to know that she was suffering so badly.
But in the end only one of them could have Inuyasha, and she was just happy that he had chosen her.
She returned her attention to the scene in front of her. Inuyasha slowly walked up to the head of Naraku, the only part of him that was left, using the last of his strength to hold the transformed tetsusaiga to finish off the deed.
“Congratulations Inuyasha.” Naraku said, blood spilling from his mouth. “The time has finally come for us to end our time together.”
“The sooner the better, you bastard.” Inuyasha spat back at him.
Naraku began to laugh his menacing laugh that sent chills up Kagome's spine. `How can that deranged monster still laugh when he is almost defeated,' Kagome thought.
“You won't have anything to laugh at any more Naraku. You're done.” Inuyasha said as he raised his sword.
“True, Inuyasha. But know this- we will be seeing each other again, sooner than you think.” He said and continued to laugh.
“Finish the job, Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru commanded from the sideline.
With a final look back at Kagome, Inuyasha raised the tetsusaiga and, with the last of his strength, finished off the villain with one final swing of the powerful sword.
Kagome could feel it, they all could. It felt as though a dark presence was being lifted from the ground they stood on, from the very air that they breathed. All at once, the group erupted in cheers and laughter. Even the usual stoic Sesshomaru cracked a small smile. Kagome hugged Sango, Miroku, and Shippo all at once.
“We did it!” She and Sango squealed.
“Yes it's finally over.” Miroku said, still looking at his wind tuneless hand.
It was then that Kagome felt it. Something was not right.
Where was Inuyasha?
She turned to where he had been standing, but could not see him through the still settling dirt. When the dust finally did clear, her heart sank as she saw her worst fear being realized.
There, holding the unconscious Inuyasha was Kikyo. She was beginning to descend into hell, and was intending to take him with her.
“No, Kikyo, no!” Kagome yelled. The others turned to see the cause of the commotion.
“Foolish girl,” she yelled back at her. “Did you think that I would allow any one to have him? His life belongs to me and I alone shall have him. He is coming with me to the next life!” They were already half way into the ground.
Kagome thought frantically of a way to stop her. Just then Kouga ran toward the two slowly descending, with the intent to grab the still unconscious Inuyasha, only to be stopped by Kikyo's barrier.
“Damnit! I can't get to them!” he yelled back to Kagome.
`What can I do,' she frantically thought. Miroku no longer had his wind tunnel and Sango had broken her hiraikostu in the battle.
“Kouga, move!” she found herself yelling as she reached for and arrow. She quickly aimed and let if fly toward the barrier as their heads fell below the ground. Her glowing arrow easily broke the barrier, just as Inuyasha awoke from his state.
“Kagome…” he whispered.
But it was too late. The ground was already closing on top of the two as Kagome, Kouga, and Miroku ran toward them.
The last thing Kagome remember was screaming his name and the fear and love in Inuyasha's eyes as the ground closed above him. Kikyo had turned what should have been one of the happiest moments of Kagome's life into the worst.
She had stolen Inuyasha from her forever.
Then, she passed out from exhaustion and grief.