InuYasha Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Goodbye To You ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

TSP: Hi all! Back again with the next chapter. I really hope that you are enjoying it as much as I am enjoying writing it. Also, school is now done for me, so I will be having more time to work and write. Well, as you may know by now, I do not own Inuyasha or DBZ. However, I'd like to believe that Goku does belong to me in my heart. Oh, yeah, that's it. Read and Review!
 
Goodbye To You
Chapter Six
 
 
Kagome had never felt such tremendous suffering in all her life. It was as if every last drop of hope had left her body forever. There was pain and suffering everywhere she looked. It truly the worst part of hell.
Kagome tried to move but found that she was incapable of it. She tried to scream, but no sound came from her mouth. She could barely even breathe in the noxious miasma.
Then Kagome saw it, and it made her heart all but stop.
There, directly in front of her eyes, was Inuyasha.
He was fighting his way through a sea of demons, fighting to stay alive. And leading the pack of ferocious monsters was Naraku, a chained Kikyo at his side.
Kagome tried to scream to him, but she was still unable to speak.
Then, the locket that Kagome had given him before their battle with Kaguya began to glow. Inuyasha grabbed it and looked up, directly at Kagome.
“Kagome!” he screamed. “Don't let go!” he added as he began to fight his way through once again.
“Inuyasha!” Kagome finally screamed. “Inuyasha, Inuyasha! No!”
“Kagome!” Goku burst into her room to see what the commotion was. He found her kicking and screaming in her bed, still half asleep. He ran up to her, grabbed her shoulders, and tried to wake her. “Kagome! Kagome, it's just a dream. Kagome, wake up, please!”
“No, no, Inuyasha,” she screamed once again, finally coming fully awake. “Inuyasha…” she whispered as she realized where she was.
“Kagome, what is it?”
She just looked at him and began to cry into her hands.
He pulled her into a tight hug and whispered, “It's okay. I'm here now. Nothing's gonna happen to you, I promise.”
Krillin and 18 ran into the room. “Kagome, what's wrong?” he asked and stopped in his tracks when he saw Goku gently comforting Kagome.
She pulled away from Goku and scrambled out of bed over to the window, which she flung open to let in the morning air, gasping for breath in an attempt to fight off the impending panic attack. She turned back to the others, “I saw him…in my dream. It was so real. I could feel the suffering and the pain… It was so real.”
Krillin walked over to her. “I know it seemed real. But it was just a nightmare, Kagome. That's it. Look, you're under a lot of stress. Things like this are going to happen.” He sat her down on the bed. “You just need to take a minute.”
She pleaded with him with her eyes, “It was so real, Krillin,” she whispered.
“I know, Kagome, I know.” He hugged her. “But it was just a dream.”
She pulled away from him and looked down at the Shikon no Tama. She knew that it was a dream, but she had never felt a dream be this real before. She could actually feel his pain and exhaustion as he fought. And why did he ask her not to let go? She was beginning to think that she would never be able to do that, no matter what the effect was on her.
She took a deep breath and looked at Krillin. “I'm sorry,” she said in embarrassment.
“Kagome, there's no need for an apology. It's okay.” He told her. “Look, you go take a shower and we'll go make something for breakfast. I think you could use something to eat.”
“Okay,”
“Alright, we'll see you downstairs then.” He grabbed 18 who had been surprisingly silent through all this.
After they left, Kagome was surprised to find Goku still sitting on her bed, still with out a shirt. She gave him a fragile smile. “Thanks… for… you know.”
He blushed noticeably. “Oh, well, you know, it was no big deal.” He was at a near loss for words. He got up and headed for the door. “I'll see you down stairs.” He said with a final smile.
“Okay,” she smiled back. She sat on the bed for a while longer. It was just a dream, she thought. It was just a dream and nothing more. He's dead… He's dead and he's not coming back… no matter how much I want him to.
 
At breakfast…
Kagome had spent most of breakfast in silence, still uncomfortable from the morning's events. She still felt that it had been more than just a dream, but was afraid to think of what it might mean. She truly thought that she was beginning to move past her grief. It had been a few weeks since she had had a nightmare or a panic attack, surely this must have just been a reaction to being away from home. She really wanted to get over all the pain, and became determined to have a good time while she was staying with her cousin.
“So, what did we want to do today?” she asked suddenly, surprising the others who had all but given up on getting her to talk.
“Um,” Krillin began trying to gather his thoughts. “Well, 18 and I still have to work today because we weren't really expecting you to want to do anything.” He explained.
“Oh,” she said a bit disappointed. “Well, I guess I can just hang around the house today and rest up a bit.” She said, trying not to make them feel guilty.
“Well,” Goku interjected, “I can take you around town. Show you the sights and everything. That is if you wouldn't rather stay here today.”
“Oh, no,” she said quickly. I really don't want to be left alone with my guilt, she thought. “That actually sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to.”
“Great,” Krillin said feeling much better now that Kagome wouldn't' be alone all day. “You go easy on her, Goku.” He said seriously. “And look out for her. I want her back in one piece.”
“Krillin, I would never let anything happen to your cousin,” he said completely missing Krillin's seriousness.
“Excuse me,” Kagome interrupted, “I am perfectly capable of taking care of my self.” She said indignantly.
18 laughed, “You know I really like your cousin.” She told Krillin.
 
Later, in town…
“Hey, Goku,” Kagome said turning to him. The two were walking down the street in the middle of town. “Thanks for doing this. You know, you really didn't have to.”
“Hey, it's no big deal,” he said but appreciated her sentiment. “Besides, I didn't really have anything to do either, so it worked out for both of us.”
“Yeah,” she trailed off. “You know, this is really like my first time being out in public since…since Inuyasha died.” She forced herself to finish.
He grinned at her bravery. “Inuyasha is kind of a weird name, if you don't mind my saying so. Where did it come from?” he asked trying to get her to talk about it more.
“Well, you know he was a hanyou. His father was a great dog demon of the West Lands who fell in love with his mother, a beautiful mortal. He looked completely human except for his ears. He had the most adorable little dog ears.” She smiled at the memory.
He laughed. “Wow, now that's something that I would have liked to have seen.”
“Well, I'll show you his picture some time.” She said laughing with him. They walked in silence for a few moments longer. “Hey, Goku?”
“Yeah,”
“Thanks again.”
He smiled at her and she felt her heart warm. “Let's get ice cream.” He said suddenly, grabbed her hand, and pulled her around the next corner.
“What? But we just ate!” she said shocked, but enjoyed the feeling of his hand in hers.
He squeezed her hand, gave her a sly smile, and kept on hurrying her along the sidewalk. Kagome just laughed.
 
At that same moment…
Chi Chi, Gohan, and Goten had been driving through town on their way home from picking up Goten from spending the night at Trunks' house.
“Did you have fun, Goten?” Gohan asked his eight year old little brother.
“Yeah, me and Trunks had lots of fun. We stayed up late and ate lots of junk food when Bulma wasn't looking and watched movies and played video games and-“
“Well,” his mother interrupted with a giggle, “It sounds like you two had a great time last night.”
“Yeah, it's just too bad that he didn't wear any of the energy out of you.” Gohan joked as his mother stopped at a red light.
“Hey, look! It's Dad!” Goten said happily. “And he's got a really hot girl with him.” He added.
Chi Chi and Gohan looked out the side widow to see Goku pulling along a beautiful woman in a very short skirt by the hand. They could see Goku was laughing heartily, but couldn't see the face of the woman. Though they could tell that she was laughing too.
“Who's he with?” Gohan asked aloud and turned to his mother. He was shocked to see the look of anger on her face. Whoa, what's with her, he thought.
Goku pulled the woman into an ice cream shop just as the light turned green. Chi Chi hit the gas and sped off. “Leave it to your father to be getting junk food at this time of the day.” She huffed.
“Who was the pretty lady?” Goten asked.
“Apparently a friend of your father's.” she said shortly.
“Well, we can ask him when we see him tomorrow.” He said absentmindedly.
“Yes we can.” Chi Chi replied, gripping the wheel harder. I can't believe he's dating already, she thought. The nerve of him!
“Uh, mom,” Gohan said timidly.
“What?” she snapped.
“You might want to slow down. You're going twenty miles over the speed limit.”
“I know!” she nearly screamed.
Whoa, he thought. What's her problem?